Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,120 of 1204

Thread: Dream Interpretation Thread

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in a building filled with traps and some spooky unexplainable stuff also happened, I was trying to figure it out and turns out, I made it all to resolve something.

I also saw a bear, then get into a field and laid down without moving so it wouldnt attack, it saw me and moved on.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking LukaDoncic's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream that I was Patrick Star from SpongeBob, which is a play on coach Pat Riley and my name Riley Hicks.

I am sort of wily and expertly noonday tossing cards and amulets of the chosen to be so foolish like I should’ve been Jar Jar from Star Wars.
    France and the Spurs 2006-2013 led to Germany winning in 2014 for Bunny and Lugia as Raptor, proven when Leonard won in 2019, and then Zidane won in 2022 to crown Arceus, so ultimately, 2006 led to 2014 and 2022, Zidane's greatest triumph, heavy wisdom and feelings of luster and omnipotence bubbling and zipping incredible trips to universal languages and dinosaurs gambling questions and omega ripples crystallizing Zen
    BunnyRaptor was proven to be Lugia at Kobe's 60-point game, synthesizing wonderland toys and cables to book club trading cards holographic shards of eve and winter
    Everything was meant to glorify Euro 2000, the Prophecy that Rare Wartortle Wisdom turns a foolish Meganium into a wise Lugia, and 2016 was 1998
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dreamt that I was on a walk, and met a little girl. We talked briefly. The girl told me she wanted to stay with me, and didn't have a home. She followed me home. In the dream I was still living at my family's house, but it was larger and filled with extended family. I only had a small room. I was able to give her a bed, but felt uncomfortable having to justify why I was taking care of this girl and having her live with us. She slept in my room that night, but in the morning she seemed to sense my discomfort and told me she did have a home and she could go back to it. By this point I'd begun to realize this girl's behavior was unusual, and she wasn't what she seemed. She had seemed completely untroubled by the prospect of staying with me, a complete stranger, and had seemed to believe wholeheartedly that I'd take her in, had not really spoken or conducted herself like a child to me, but around my family became shy and acted like one. I wasn't really bothered by this since she was polite and grateful. But I still felt that if she had somewhere to live it would be best not to be accused of kidnapping her. So I fed her breakfast and then we walked where she directed me. The girl seemed slightly disappointed she wouldn't be staying with me anymore. We came to a house which looked not well built and with a large window. As we exchanged goodbyes, I became uneasy as I looked through the window and realized no one was home. I questioned the girl; she seemed casually sure her family would be home, but I wasn't comfortable leaving her at this abandoned house. Then I saw movement of some kind within the house, but still no shape. The door flew open and a shadow leapt at us. Darkness enveloped the girl's hands and she threw herself at the shadow; in a second or two the shadow evaporated. The girl turned back to me, still smiling casually as if nothing had happened. It seemed as if we should address the issue but neither of us were sure what to say.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I dreamt that I was on a walk, and met a little girl. We talked briefly. The girl told me she wanted to stay with me, and didn't have a home. She followed me home. In the dream I was still living at my family's house, but it was larger and filled with extended family. I only had a small room. I was able to give her a bed, but felt uncomfortable having to justify why I was taking care of this girl and having her live with us. She slept in my room that night, but in the morning she seemed to sense my discomfort and told me she did have a home and she could go back to it. By this point I'd begun to realize this girl's behavior was unusual, and she wasn't what she seemed. She had seemed completely untroubled by the prospect of staying with me, a complete stranger, and had seemed to believe wholeheartedly that I'd take her in, had not really spoken or conducted herself like a child to me, but around my family became shy and acted like one. I wasn't really bothered by this since she was polite and grateful. But I still felt that if she had somewhere to live it would be best not to be accused of kidnapping her. So I fed her breakfast and then we walked where she directed me. The girl seemed slightly disappointed she wouldn't be staying with me anymore. We came to a house which looked not well built and with a large window. As we exchanged goodbyes, I became uneasy as I looked through the window and realized no one was home. I questioned the girl; she seemed casually sure her family would be home, but I wasn't comfortable leaving her at this abandoned house. Then I saw movement of some kind within the house, but still no shape. The door flew open and a shadow leapt at us. Darkness enveloped the girl's hands and she threw herself at the shadow; in a second or two the shadow evaporated. The girl turned back to me, still smiling casually as if nothing had happened. It seemed as if we should address the issue but neither of us were sure what to say.
    While I was reading this I could really feel suspense building up...scary.
    The shadow that leapt at you both made me think of an overbearing family member. Maybe I only thought this because she originally told you she didn't have a home, though.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle
    While I was reading this I could really feel suspense building up...scary.
    The shadow that leapt at you both made me think of an overbearing family member. Maybe I only thought this because she originally told you she didn't have a home, though.
    Thank you for the response!

My immediate response would be to deny that. My family was already present in the dream and I felt they were overbearing enough, so I don't know why they would appear twice. Something I didn't mention because I couldn't recall the exact phrasing was, when I took this girl home, my father said something disparaging about how he couldn't believe someone like me could get a girl to wander after me. So why would my family appear in two different ways?

Having thought about it a little more though I wonder if you're right. I wasn't sure what to make of my reaction to the girl in the dream/the reason why I wasn't worried about her. I think everything she told me seemed right or natural, at least in the context of the dream-logic, so I was inclined to put my faith in her. It felt like she knew me well, and didn't have any intention of leaving me from the beginning -- like she was part of me, in other words. To the extent she told me any lies I think she was just trying to gauge my reaction, not to pass judgement on me but to decide better how to proceed.

For instance her belief I would be willing to take her in. She may not have been truthful in describing her circumstance or background, but she wanted to be loved and I wanted to love her, and she trusted me to do that if she asked. From the beginning she spoke to me like an adult, not bothering to pretend to be immature as she did with my family, and in return for that honesty I didn't pry and accepted her claims. Something else I didn't mention, but which I remember clearly, is that when I hesitated to leave her at "her" house, despite her smiling and assuring me she would be fine, she never turned from facing me or stepped closer to her house. It felt like despite her words she was unwilling to leave me unless I pressed it.

I'm inclined to see the girl as either a representation of my better self, or a cure against the "shadow" following me. Most of my problems have to do with my family. Her dispellation of that shadow would represent healing, I guess.

I thought about what would have happened if that dream had continued. We were reluctant to leave each other, and her fight with the shadow had established a pretext for remaining further. The shadow would be the opposite of our shared desire to remain together. It was the discomfort I felt keeping her with my family which had been the cause of our contemplating separation to begin with, so I think this supports what you were saying.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the response!

My immediate response would be to deny that. My family was already present in the dream and I felt they were overbearing enough, so I don't know why they would appear twice. Something I didn't mention because I couldn't recall the exact phrasing was, when I took this girl home, my father said something disparaging about how he couldn't believe someone like me could get a girl to wander after me. So why would my family appear in two different ways?

Having thought about it a little more though I wonder if you're right. I wasn't sure what to make of my reaction to the girl in the dream/the reason why I wasn't worried about her. I think everything she told me seemed right or natural, at least in the context of the dream-logic, so I was inclined to put my faith in her. It felt like she knew me well, and didn't have any intention of leaving me from the beginning -- like she was part of me, in other words. To the extent she told me any lies I think she was just trying to gauge my reaction, not to pass judgement on me but to decide better how to proceed.

For instance her belief I would be willing to take her in. She may not have been truthful in describing her circumstance or background, but she wanted to be loved and I wanted to love her, and she trusted me to do that if she asked. From the beginning she spoke to me like an adult, not bothering to pretend to be immature as she did with my family, and in return for that honesty I didn't pry and accepted her claims. Something else I didn't mention, but which I remember clearly, is that when I hesitated to leave her at "her" house, despite her smiling and assuring me she would be fine, she never turned from facing me or stepped closer to her house. It felt like despite her words she was unwilling to leave me unless I pressed it.

I'm inclined to see the girl as either a representation of my better self, or a cure against the "shadow" following me. Most of my problems have to do with my family. Her dispellation of that shadow would represent healing, I guess.

I thought about what would have happened if that dream had continued. We were reluctant to leave each other, and her fight with the shadow had established a pretext for remaining further. The shadow would be the opposite of our shared desire to remain together. It was the discomfort I felt keeping her with my family which had been the cause of our contemplating separation to begin with, so I think this supports what you were saying.
    I suppose it would be odd for your family to be appear in two such different ways. To be honest I'm not sure, because I don't have much (remembered) dreams of my own to compare to.
    It reads like while your family didn't outwardly make you feel guilty or punish you for inviting the girl to stay, they weren't very welcoming toward her either ?

Your acceptance of the girl despite her being a stranger who displayed two different appearances is interesting. I also thought it was interesting that she sensed your discomfort after you had made efforts to ask permission for her to live in your house, to the extent that she volunteered more information about herself even though it wouldn't necessarily be to her benefit. She took a risk at that moment, but maybe she was ready to handle whatever the outcome would be. Or maybe she was assured that if you took her to her home, that would not be the end. There would be another opportunity to for her to stay with you, sometime.

When the shadow leapt toward you outside her house, I think I jumped to a conclusion "overprotective parent".
    In light of what you said, the girl's throwing herself at the shadow is a protective motion too. That made me think she is looking out for you, trusting you will look out for her.

The part of the dream where you recall the girl stays faced toward you outside her house is very moving for me

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a trippy dream last night

I walked into my parents bathroom, or now my dads and his girlfriends bathroom, and it was painted an awful putrid green. On the floor were cheap mini fountains of angels. My dads girlfriend has been painting and redoing my parents house irl. I thought, “Wow this is awful decorating and aesthetics!”. I told my dad that as much as I liked his girlfriend, her aesthetics were horrifyingly awful. Then I went into the living room and sat next to my sister, who I found had evidently grown some man parts, and then tried to rape me.

The end. lol
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    I had a trippy dream last night

I walked into my parents bathroom, or now my dads and his girlfriends bathroom, and it was painted an awful putrid green. On the floor were cheap mini fountains of angels. My dads girlfriend has been painting and redoing my parents house irl. I thought, “Wow this is awful decorating and aesthetics!”. I told my dad that as much as I liked his girlfriend, her aesthetics were horrifyingly awful. Then I went into the living room and sat next to my sister, who I found had evidently grown some man parts, and then tried to rape me.

The end. lol
    I remember reading something about the significance of bathrooms appearing in dreams, that it can represent having your privacy invaded?
    That made sense for a bathroom dream I once had (a place unknown to me, where the toilet stalls were made of transparent glass).
    Your dream involves a place that is familiar to you, though.

I thought about whether the angel fountains seemed to be watching you in the dream?
    Maybe while it is a place familiar to you the changes within it are abrupt, so they become sickening or potentially threatening?

I may be projecting a lot of my own fear of change into my interpretation it's annoying when that happens.

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    I remember reading something about the significance of bathrooms appearing in dreams, that it can represent having your privacy invaded?
    That made sense for a bathroom dream I once had (a place unknown to me, where the toilet stalls were made of transparent glass).
    Your dream involves a place that is familiar to you, though.

I thought about whether the angel fountains seemed to be watching you in the dream?
    Maybe while it is a place familiar to you the changes within it are abrupt, so they become sickening or potentially threatening?

I may be projecting a lot of my own fear of change into my interpretation it's annoying when that happens.
    No, that actually makes a lot of sense! My mom passed about a year and a half ago. It was my home growing up, and now some new woman is coming in there and changing the wall colors, the flooring, the decorating…and it’s not the same. I didn’t think it bothered me that much, but subconsciously it must be really impacting me to dream about it!

All the fountains resembled one my mom bought one of my daughters. They were tiny fountains, maybe 15 of them, all over the floor. But they were gaudy looking. I thought they were kind of serene but cheap. The numbers must have represented how ‘invaded’ it all felt, but I find my dads girlfriend pleasant like the fountains.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    No, that actually makes a lot of sense! My mom passed about a year and a half ago. It was my home growing up, and now some new woman is coming in there and changing the wall colors, the flooring, the decorating…and it’s not the same. I didn’t think it bothered me that much, but subconsciously it must be really impacting me to dream about it!

All the fountains resembled one my mom bought one of my daughters. They were tiny fountains, maybe 15 of them, all over the floor. But they were gaudy looking. I thought they were kind of serene but cheap. The numbers must have represented how ‘invaded’ it all felt, but I find my dads girlfriend pleasant like the fountains.
    It's strange how proportions or quantities in dreams can be exaggerated so much. e.g there being so many of the angel fountains. Makes it difficult to dismiss it.

If you could recognise the fountain as similar to one your mum bought for your daughter, maybe your mind was trying to bridge the gap between the house as you remember it (growing up with your mum there) and how the house is appearing to you now, with the changes made by your dad's girlfriend. Like you suggested, maybe there were so many fountains to show the space they were taking up. Even tiny fountains would be kind of cumbersome taking up floor space in a bathroom.

Our situations are very different, but what you wrote made still me think about how spaces can hold memories of a person. My colleague passed away three years ago. Her belongings were removed from the workplace but my desk phone button still has a label with her name on it. The button was used to direct dial her working from home phone. It's the one memory of her that's easily visible to me at the office, so I'm reluctant to remove it. I think that one year and a half would not feel like long at all, after losing your mum.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not looking for interpretation since I can't remember details, just sharing two dreams I had today. It's been a while since I was able to sleep long enough to remember my dreams so it's always pleasant when it happens.

In one of the dreams my friend who I type as IEE typed herself as either SEE or ILE. I didn't even notice at the moment she was typing herself as two superego types. SEE typing was plausible considering it's what I thought she was at first, but after paying closer attention I noticed she actually has a strong usage of Ne and fitted IEE way better. Now the ILE typing got me like "what the fuck", because she clearly doesn't have a strong grasp of logics and talking to her it's noticeable she values Te over Ti. She's smart but she consistently acts in a "Ti-polr" style, which is one of my main arguments for her type (a self argument, I don't talk about the types of people I know irl with anyone lol). I wanted to convince her IEE fitted better, but at that moment I got like "how am I going to explain her she's not ILE without calling her dumb?". I remember also thinking our relationship fitted better as a benefit one than a symmetric one, but I didn't want to get her to know I think I "give" her way more than I receive.

I always dream of things that could happen in my real life, but there's always a twist, something that doesn't fit. I never have absurd dreams or nightmares with monsters, even bad dreams are just some kind of psychological terror thing in which I constantly get fucked up in my daily life. The thing is, whenever I spot the inconsistency with my real life in a dream, I start waking up. At some moment it clicked that talking to my friend about socionics and having her tell me she read type descriptions and stuff was impossible. So I woke up.

I looked at the clock but it was still early, so I slept a little bit more. Then I had my second dream. I don't remember what happened before, but I was talking to a college friend. My relationship with her is weird, but I think that's what happen when you put two naturally detached people together. In the dream she said she wanted to talk to me, so I thought it was gonna be something related to our classes, she only talks to me about these things. But then she started telling me why she didn't invite me to her birthday (she hasn't had a birthday party recently lol) and things along these lines. She said she only invited people who are "by themselves against the world", but I fitted this category in a very extreme way, so she admitted she didn't understand me. She said that me having moments in which I'm openly laughing with people and being loud, and also helpful to others, while the rest on the time being extremely serious and not talking to anyone made her puzzled, and made me look scary. I noticed once again I was dreaming but this time I wanted to keep listening. I know I kept the dream going on but I don't remember very well what else happened.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pick an Emote: Get a dream interpretation!

Pile #1:
    Pile #2:
    Pile #3:
    Pile #4:

Pile #1 - The Hermit, 5 of Pentacles reversed, 6 of Swords

You're moving away from a period of time where you may have struggled materially and financially. And now, you're basking in the enjoyments you once never had. You're in a lot more peaceful time of you life where it's just you, your music, and the only thing you have to worry about is what food you want to eat.
    Channeled song: Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae

Pile #2 - The Empress reversed, The Magician reversed, The Emperor
    Channeled Song: Bullet Proof by La Roux

Your dream is an indicator of how you may be ignoring or sacrificing your sense of peace for a situation/person in your life. You may be allowing other people's needs above your own. You're believing someone else's lies instead of following your own inner truth (guidance and intuition).

Pile #3 - Page of Cups, Queen of Swords reversed, King of Penacles reversed
    Channeled Song: Castle by Halsey

You're tired of your living situation is what I'm feeling. You may feel neglected or used/taken advantage of by your family or who you live with. You just want to stop feeling and be completely cold to this person - but you may depend on them financially or require their support in other ways. You still love this person despite being neglected but you're battling ways of handling the situation. Balance mind and heart and you'll come to a solution. Keep your distance with this person ask yourself what do you really want out of this? Find a way that makes both your mind and heart satisfied.

Pile #4 - The Star, Page of Pentacles reversed, The Lovers
    Channeled Song: The Harold Song by Ke$ha

Darn yall ARE LOVESICK. Thinking and daydreaming about an old flame but also remaining stangnant/ignoring real life. Your life is passing you by when you do this. You may feel like this old person brings out the best in you - but you have to know you don't need them necessarily to be the best version of you. You're good on your own. You're being guided to form your own independence by establishing your own goals.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a really strange dream last night. There was this dual whom I used to work together irl, he is a manager of mine to be exact, and I find his presence very likeable and was instantly drawn to him, but we didn't managed to become friends though and I lost contact with him after I've left my job a few years ago.

Anyway, I dreamt of him last night, and he appears as an angel inside my dream.

I wonder what that dream of mine means, what if he really isn't a human but an angel in disguise?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a dream that I accidentally gave birth at the beach. The baby got all sandy and the sand beneath me turned red.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last week I had an unsettling dream. I didn't think much of it until I was talking to someone yesterday about cleaning a guitar, which reminded me of the dream.

I was working as the housekeeper on a oversized yacht which was owned by a retired music composer who was 60-70 years old.
    She lived onboard but we did not talk, I just tidied behind her. I don't remember the skipper being in the dream so there could have been none at all - it was just the two of us alone at sea. Within the dream I didn't spend time on deck or look out at the sea, so I may as well have been on land.

The yacht interior was made up of separated themed rooms of stark contrasts in colour and decor, rather than being open-plan or like a home.
    Each room had a different selection of instruments in it and my main task was to dust and maintain the strings.

One day I was in the show room tending to a grand piano which was enormous and angular. The lid was made of glossy white fibreglass. When lifted the piano lid almost scraped the ceiling like a shard of carved ice.
    The piano began to roll toward me. I abruptly stopped and checked the leg castors to tighten the brakes, but the boat was obviously keeling and the brakes on the castors could not withstand.
    I probably felt fearful at this part of the dream, I don't remember. I called out for the composer and went from room to room to search for her while it seemed like the yacht was filling with water.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dreamt that I was Neo...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Satan told me in the voice of Ice Cube "enjoy the fucking show" I looked out my window and a jet was deploying red flares. Then it took off.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odd dream from last night - I met at friend at her workplace (cafe), as it was closing and she was finishing up her shift. There was a plate of leftover baked potatoes on a fold out table in the street for passer-bys to help themselves to. The potatoes had a vegetable filling arranged like grinning faces and were so large that I cupped one potato with both hands. In the dream I was barefoot and suddenly felt a baked potato squish between my toes on the sidewalk. Later on in the same dream I was approached in the street by a policeman who told me people were concerned for my mental welfare. There were examples provided of why this was the case - the only example I remember was that I had a pack of dogs following me (unleashed) as I walked around the city streets. I tried to reassure the policeman that I was ok, and that was where my dream ended.

Dream from a few nights ago - While walking through a hotel lobby I noticed a shopping cart. It obstructed the main walkway and looked very greasy. I turned to see what was in the cart - there were two vacuum cleaners with hoses missing and a stack of dusty photo frames. One of the frames was facing upward and I noticed it was "collage" style, to hold several family photos of different sizes. The photos were all of me as a child at various ages, and then I realised that the shopping cart contained my belongings.
    When I asked the receptionist why those items were placed there she said "Oh, those were recovered from one of our rooms. The resident left without telling us, and they also left their things behind. We are clearing the items from the room to prepare it for our next guest".

Has anyone else had discarded photos or belongings appear in their dream before and thought about where it came from?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last week I had an unsettling dream. I didn't think much of it until I was talking to someone yesterday about cleaning a guitar, which reminded me of the dream.

I was working as the housekeeper on a oversized yacht which was owned by a retired music composer who was 60-70 years old.
    She lived onboard but we did not talk, I just tidied behind her. I don't remember the skipper being in the dream so there could have been none at all - it was just the two of us alone at sea. Within the dream I didn't spend time on deck or look out at the sea, so I may as well have been on land.

The yacht interior was made up of separated themed rooms of stark contrasts in colour and decor, rather than being open-plan or like a home.
    Each room had a different selection of instruments in it and my main task was to dust and maintain the strings.

One day I was in the show room tending to a grand piano which was enormous and angular. The lid was made of glossy white fibreglass. When lifted the piano lid almost scraped the ceiling like a shard of carved ice.
    The piano began to roll toward me. I abruptly stopped and checked the leg castors to tighten the brakes, but the boat was obviously keeling and the brakes on the castors could not withstand.
    I probably felt fearful at this part of the dream, I don't remember. I called out for the composer and went from room to room to search for her while it seemed like the yacht was filling with water.
    The different rooms I'm guessing were unnerving? Since it seems the weirdness was building up to the piano incident. Maybe it's related to inferior Ne, a fear of the unknown? The sea is similar, something that looks placid on the surface but might contain dangers beneath.

It sounds like you were trapped, and isolated (initially only had the composer, and then couldn't find her). Does/did that reflect how you were feeling about your IRL situation?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odd dream from last night - I met at friend at her workplace (cafe), as it was closing and she was finishing up her shift. There was a plate of leftover baked potatoes on a fold out table in the street for passer-bys to help themselves to. The potatoes had a vegetable filling arranged like grinning faces and were so large that I cupped one potato with both hands. In the dream I was barefoot and suddenly felt a baked potato squish between my toes on the sidewalk. Later on in the same dream I was approached in the street by a policeman who told me people were concerned for my mental welfare. There were examples provided of why this was the case - the only example I remember was that I had a pack of dogs following me (unleashed) as I walked around the city streets. I tried to reassure the policeman that I was ok, and that was where my dream ended/
    The dogs are interesting. Do you feel like anything is dogging your mind that you're trying to ignore/pretend is normal?

I wonder if it's related to certain people or a certain person. Since there were potatoes that looked like a person (had a face). Then the potato shifted to beneath your feet, where you're less aware of it, and no longer treating it like a person (squishing it and not looking at it).

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dogs are interesting. Do you feel like anything is dogging your mind that you're trying to ignore/pretend is normal?

I wonder if it's related to certain people or a certain person. Since there were potatoes that looked like a person (had a face). Then the potato shifted to beneath your feet, where you're less aware of it, and no longer treating it like a person (squishing it and not looking at it).
    Thanks for reading this and your take/angle on the random stuff lumped together. There are two possible answers to the first question - the first one is I've been losing a lot of my hair for the past month, enough to fill a wastebasket each day. I added variety to my diet to improve my health, but in the meantime I'm still losing hair. I'm obsessively cleaning up after myself when in public areas because I don't want anyone to notice the excessive amounts of dropped hair. Outwardly I'm pretending things are as normal.

The second more prickly answer is that I can't seem to find the right approach with one of my colleagues. When I raise a suggestion for an idea to implement he responds irritably and says the concern I have has already been addressed in a broader way. When he walks behind me or we speak face to face I feel shaky and my jaw is clenched, yet I say cheery hellos and goodbyes from far across the room to keep a sense of normality. It just occurred to me that this discrepancy between false friendliness and underlying distrust can be like the potato held carefully in my hands - compared to the one I squished under my foot. (So thanks for bringing that to my attention )

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A dream from last night:

I was gifted a backpack filled with gold bars from a mysterious relative. The problem was that any time I tried to open the backpack it would sing loudly. I felt for some reason like I had to hide the backpack and gold. I didn't know how I would explain my possession of it and I didn't know who I could trust to give me money for the gold. So I hid it and never touched it, especially for fear it would announce its presence. The backpack came from a note apologizing for the fact that the backpack sang, saying that this was the only way he (? I wasn't sure of the relative's sex) could send it and he would send more in a normal way.

A few months later I received a large suitcase filled with more gold. There was nothing special about this suitcase but I still felt pressured to hide it and stressed because I didn't feel confident I could hide it forever and because I still didn't know how to store it more securely or change it into money.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The different rooms I'm guessing were unnerving? Since it seems the weirdness was building up to the piano incident. Maybe it's related to inferior Ne, a fear of the unknown? The sea is similar, something that looks placid on the surface but might contain dangers beneath.

It sounds like you were trapped, and isolated (initially only had the composer, and then couldn't find her). Does/did that reflect how you were feeling about your IRL situation?
    I like your take on this dream too, it was a while ago but in hindsight possibly felt alone in terms of solving the health problem mentioned in other post.
    The rooms were unnerving, the change in theme from one room to another was jarring to me in the dream. It could have been tied to feeling uncertain about my health. The strange part to me was being unable to find the composer, who I didn't appear to have a strong bond with in the first place.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A dream from last night:

I was gifted a backpack filled with gold bars from a mysterious relative. The problem was that any time I tried to open the backpack it would sing loudly. I felt for some reason like I had to hide the backpack and gold. I didn't know how I would explain my possession of it and I didn't know who I could trust to give me money for the gold. So I hid it and never touched it, especially for fear it would announce its presence. The backpack came from a note apologizing for the fact that the backpack sang, saying that this was the only way he (? I wasn't sure of the relative's sex) could send it and he would send more in a normal way.

A few months later I received a large suitcase filled with more gold. There was nothing special about this suitcase but I still felt pressured to hide it and stressed because I didn't feel confident I could hide it forever and because I still didn't know how to store it more securely or change it into money.
    The first thing which came to mind was the potential weight and awkward lumpiness of a backpack filled with gold bars. I keep on coming back to the weightiness and the idea of the suitcase tying you to your particular place (since you hadn't found a way to shift it). If the backpack is singing, you would possibly need to travel to a remote place to open it.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for reading this and your take/angle on the random stuff lumped together. There are two possible answers to the first question - the first one is I've been losing a lot of my hair for the past month, enough to fill a wastebasket each day. I added variety to my diet to improve my health, but in the meantime I'm still losing hair. I'm obsessively cleaning up after myself when in public areas because I don't want anyone to notice the excessive amounts of dropped hair. Outwardly I'm pretending things are as normal.

The second more prickly answer is that I can't seem to find the right approach with one of my colleagues. When I raise a suggestion for an idea to implement he responds irritably and says the concern I have has already been addressed in a broader way. When he walks behind me or we speak face to face I feel shaky and my jaw is clenched, yet I say cheery hellos and goodbyes from far across the room to keep a sense of normality. It just occurred to me that this discrepancy between false friendliness and underlying distrust can be like the potato held carefully in my hands - compared to the one I squished under my foot. (So thanks for bringing that to my attention )
    No problem -- I've got no experience with this kind of thing, so I was just clumsily stumbling around for something, lol. I feel like people appreciate attempts at analysis even if they're wildly off-target, and since you responded to a few of my posts I thought I'd try to return the favor.

You should squish that guy IRL; he sounds like a jerk.

Your hair situation is definitely unfortunate. Are you middle-aged/is it just a natural aging thing? For what it's worth, I don't think thin hair looks as bad as people seem to worry.

The first thing which came to mind was the potential weight and awkward lumpiness of a backpack filled with gold bars.
    Yeah, it was heavy and difficult to move. I'm not sure what that might mean though.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem -- I've got no experience with this kind of thing, so I was just clumsily stumbling around for something, lol. I feel like people appreciate attempts at analysis even if they're wildly off-target, and since you responded to a few of my posts I thought I'd try to return the favor.

You should squish that guy IRL; he sounds like a jerk.

Your hair situation is definitely unfortunate. Are you middle-aged/is it just a natural aging thing? For what it's worth, I don't think thin hair looks as bad as people seem to worry.

Yeah, it was heavy and difficult to move. I'm not sure what that might mean though.
    clumsily stumbling around is in some ways better than adhering to a script. I think that's why dreams are interesting.
    The hair issue maybe more to do with hormones, but perhaps my job is ageing me... It isn't grey yet but I could handle that when it eventually happens.

The format makes me wonder what the mysterious relative was trying to convey by sending you the gold bars, it seems a lot of responsibility to look after them. Sort of like a burdensome gift, though it was meant well.

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the first dream I remember in a while.

I was living at the old farmhouse I lived in as a child. My mom had bought me a new horse. But with it she also bought a very angry looking bull and a violent looking Gorilla. It was huge and angrier looking than the bull. My mom had a fence that was electrified, but a line was broken in it. I was riding my horse with no reins. I would just use its mane and my ankles to direct it where it needed to go. I get off my horse and try to fix the fence, but I’m very bad at it. Suddenly I turn into a man. A man on an estate. But the estate seems to still be my child hood home. I remember I have a son and he’s just getting home from school. I’m still on my horse, and I worry that the ape is going to get him. So I’m trying to come up with a plan so the ape won’t get him.

that’s all I remember
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a teenager again but this time was developing psychic powers. While I was realizing this a girl moved in next door, who had the same abilities. We visited each other surreptitiously by means of teleportation. We decided there was something important to us, and despite living normal lives with our families we left each night to continue our quest. Along the way we killed many people, probably unnecessarily, and our hearts grew hardened. We acquired a home of some kind on a beach to which we'd go to recover and plan our next steps. Eventually after several months or after a year or two we found what we wanted. I had a concern we'd grown unrecognizable to each other. I set a time to talk with the girl. Neither of us expressed ourselves well but didn't need to. She indicated that she loved me and we agreed to chill it on the sociopathy. We'd focus on our normal lives but even without a mission right now it would be OK; the bond we'd made with each other wouldn't be gone, which had been my fear. Some time later I realized I'd caught a cold from my mother, and I was a little amused that after having done so much with the girl I was still susceptible to illness like that.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These seem straightforward, but I guess I'll continue using this thread as a dream journal.

There was a major conflict in my city. There were occasional attacks from strange aircraft. I had a middling high-ranked position in a military or police unit, and I had access to a security station designed to be somewhat resistant to bombings, with a feed of cameras throughout the city. It was usually solitary work, but suddenly over the course of a few days young people kept finding excuses to come into the station. I suspected that at least some of them were spies, and I was having everyone detained in the station. Despite that I was glad for the company.

Some time later the dream shifted. I was on a university campus. I met a girl and she seemed interested in me. I was running short on time to get to work, but since we were heading in the same direction I gave her a piggyback ride to where we would split up. But she said it was OK and I should take her to my destination first. So I did, even though the piggyback ride was slower than walking unencumbered. Then I got her phone number.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream my brain was being redecorated with pictures of cherubs and fluffy cats.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adage View Post
    I had a dream my brain was being redecorated with pictures of cherubs and fluffy cats.
    i want a utopian dream. whats the secret?

TIM
    SCS: SLE sp8w7
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anotherperson View Post
    Not them, but the secret is lucid dreaming. Dreams from what I have heard of come from the situation of our lives, like dreaming of snakes could mean you have hidden enemies, etc. What type of dreams do you usually have?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shadow work I'd say.
    It was kind of ugly tho, wouldn't recommend, lol.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    Not them, but the secret is lucid dreaming. Dreams from what I have heard of come from the situation of our lives, like dreaming of snakes could mean you have hidden enemies, etc. What type of dreams do you usually have?
    mainly dangerous dreams. such as nuclear warfare, school shooting, that dream with shaquille o neal and my grandfather being super-arch nemeses...

sometimes sexual stuff gets thrown in, but i never have dreams that are based around sexual concept itself. it just comes in randomly.

i have had other dreams more akin to reality. but just slightly off enough that i see the discontinuity and get emtoionally upset.

EDIT: forgot that dream where i was a bear living in an animalian meritocracy, and i wasnt useful enough so i got banished to the edge of society, alongside my rabbit friend.

TIM
    SCS: SLE sp8w7
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mainly dangerous dreams. such as nuclear warfare, school shooting, that dream with shaquille o neal and my grandfather being super-arch nemeses...

sometimes sexual stuff gets thrown in, but i never have dreams that are based around sexual concept itself. it just comes in randomly.

i have had other dreams more akin to reality. but just slightly off enough that i see the discontinuity and get emtoionally upset.

EDIT: forgot that dream where i was a bear living in an animalian meritocracy, and i wasnt useful enough so i got banished to the edge of society, alongside my rabbit friend.

Maybe something is an upcoming world war? Lack of stability in life? Suppression of self or a lack of feeling that you are close to someone? A lot of seems to maybe align with how you feel this world has become?

I'll try to dm you because some of it seems a little too personal for you to be comfortable with sharing out in public here.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll post the first part of a dream I had last night:

I was in some kind of race, but not a typical one. It involved overcoming various challenges and passing through different environments, including a large mansion. I was far ahead of everyone, but didn't want to finish the race for some reason. I felt that if I passed the finish line the fun would be over, and I wouldn't be able to go back. So I lingered in the mansion. After a while the others began to catch up. In one room I heard a scream. I traveled whither I'd heard it come from, and entered a room to find the dead body of one of the other competitors in the race. He'd died fighting something. It was OK; death wasn't permanent for the competitors, and I knew he would return later into the race. On the ground were two swords of his. One of them was a white sword he was especially and irrationally fond of. The guy was cocky and I felt like showing off my possession of his beloved weapon to him. Especially since I had no weapon at the moment; I noticed I was barechested too. And I felt for some reason a weapon would be good to have for the race. So I took the white sword and began to walk out of the room before I felt some remorse, knowing how much he loved it and how upset he would be if I took it from him. So I returned, and laid the sword by his body, and picked up the other which he'd dropped. This one had once been mine, and I knew it was cursed. Though wary of the curse, I decided to accept it. The guy who'd had it had once won it from me somehow; he didn't use it on account of the curse, but carried it because it was still valuable. I thought he would be less upset if I took it, especially since it had been originally mine anyway, and it was his own fault he had died. So I walked out of the room, and noticed the mansion was full of other competitors struggling through the mansion. They were going in different rooms, looking for some finding -- I don't think it was necessarily physical -- they needed, for some reason, to progress through it. I didn't have this need for some reason. Eventually I noticed a friend of mine, and walked with him. After a while we heard the shouting of the guy who'd originally died. He had been a mutual friend of ours so we decided to go back to greet him. He was searching for the room he'd died in to try to find his sword. We showed him the room, but the sword wasn't there -- someone else must have taken it. So the first friend and I ran out and started shaking down whoever we met in the hallway for the sword.

Eventually that was resolved, and we helped the other guy through the mansion. I realized I'd delayed too long, and was now at the same point as the other two. I was really annoyed at myself by this point, since, however I'd gotten through the mystic portions of the race so quickly, I wasn't the quickest when it came to physical speed. The three of us agreed to start at the same point and run toward the finish line on the count of three. I strained myself and finished second just barely.

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somehow orbiting Earth in a ship, and being in a large vessel and noticing in through the windows, and everyone was noticing, ships cloaking and un- cloaking over head.

This ship had overhead windows only, so here seeing other worldly life in their vessels - but the catch was interesting: the life was the ships, no one was in the ships, they were the ships, shapeshifting beings. It was an auroraborealis show of phasing into and disappearing fading away into nothingness and traveling away while cloaking.

Some were triangular in shape like a delta figure. It was quite pretty.

The feelings gave rise to something we knew all along: the flying objects in the sky are creations, masking a deception to give the idea of travelers, but the travelers were here all along. Fallen angels doing tricks in the sky. Right here with us all along thru time.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking thing at face value is good only for a spell

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

Pick a straw man, and you'll find a scared crow

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh disgusting. The world was in disarray- buildings crumbling and people left to die after zombies took over the world. Well, I'm not sure about "zombies" but they were definitely creatures trying to take over your body and soul. I met a few old friends on my journey and we made small talk. It was awkward and I don't know why they kept looking at me. There was a quiet distance, like they were sizing me up and waiting for something.

I held out the palm of hand and pushed forward - letting them know not to bother me and they screamed out in pain. My mom, sitting in the backseat of the car, said they're more terrified of whatever's watching over me than me. I did feel a strange presence behind me. Very strong and it emitted a bright red light.

I hurried in the car and drove off. End of dream

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream that I was dealing cards. We were playing black jack, and I won with an ace and king

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2) I had a dream that a man was throwing popcorn at me and chasing me around a house. I screamed at him to stop and locked myself in a bathroom and woke up