Thread: Let's see if you can VI me

Hybrid View

Post Let's see if you can VI me

Hey guys,

New kid on the block here. *hi-5s all round*

(formal intro thread here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tcheeeees.html )

I've been dying to jump into some of these threads. I'm gonna have the greatest fun tickling your brains and ripping apart some of the annoying socionic stereotypes pervasive on these boards, bwahaha.

So, I guess the first order of business is to see if you guys can VI me from the avatar....

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EXFp ??

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    EXFp ??
    Nope.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only an ILE will have an Street Fighter 2's Ryu quote in his signature.

And only another ILE would spot this.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Only an ILE will have an Street Fighter 2's Ryu quote in his signature.

And only another ILE would spot this.

Lol, another stereotype bytes the dust.

Definitely not ILE!! (tee hee)

I had a sort-of-friend in high school who I strongly suspect was ILE in retrospect. He always had something to say about EVERYTHING (occasionally profound, usually merely ingenious, but omg did he have ZERO tact or dimplomacy skills, lol). He also had no idea when it was time to shut up.

(Btw, anyone who knows that quote has my instant respect. )

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE Si?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shagbag The Wizard View Post

I had a sort-of-friend in high school who I strongly suspect was ILE in retrospect. He always had something to say about EVERYTHING (occasionally profound, usually merely ingenious, but omg did he have ZERO tact or dimplomacy skills, lol). He also had no idea when it was time to shut up.

Balls of Fury.

ENFJ
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you're telling stereotypes to bite the dust and then come up with another stereotype to prove that you're not ILE?

anyhow, until you stop making posts like that, even if you are right about your type, your knowledge of socionics won't be enough to talk about it properly.

You don't seem like an EII thus far, beta or IEE perhaps making more sense.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe estj. otherwise infj. Well, you need to learn the definition of normal. Besides that you're sort of obnoxious.

@jew

I'm extremely good at getting people to feel HORRIBLY GUILTY about something, or alternatively I can utterly convince people that something is really, gosh-darn honestly not their fault - even if they're guilty as sin, lol.
    more likely they just want you to be quiet so they pretend to agree with you.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 02-09-2010 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    maybe estj. otherwise infj.
    INFj.

Well, you need to learn the definition of normal.
    Lol, normal is not generally something I aspire to.

Besides that you're sort of obnoxious.
    Eek, I didn't realise I was in a pirhana tank, lol.

more likely they just want you to be quiet so they pretend to agree with you.

*sigh*

I don't typically talk that much unless I'm in "info-dispensing" mode. I'm a teacher / lecturer after all, so it kinda goes with the job. Listening is more of a natural state for me. If I don't feel I have anything useful to say, I will definitely shut up.

Guess I just assumed people here would be interested in my socionic-related commentary.

(Just to clarify my earlier comment: I'm not manipulative in any malicious sense of the word. Knowing our potential for evil and acting on that potential are two different things, obviously.)

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I guess the first order of business is to see if you guys can VI me from the avatar....
    Nobody can.

Though I was surprised to see your flamboyant writing style. Nothing what I would expect from an INFJ who are usually soft spoken and careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Nobody can.

Though I was surprised to see your flamboyant writing style. Nothing what I would expect from an INFJ who are usually soft spoken and careful.

Lol, I am soft-spoken in real life.

Probably the walls of text have made me look a bit overbearing, but I just have a lot of thoughts that I feel are relevant, that is all.

This shouldn't be so surprising with a creative function, lol.

You probably won't see me rambling on like this in other topics.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Creepy-Cyclops

Yeah this whole thing confuses me, why would you start a type me thread when you already know your type?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Yeah this whole thing confuses me, why would you start a type me thread when you already know your type?
    Yeah, Shagbag, you definitely came into this thread more prepared to defend your own opinions rather than examine the validity of other's. I mean that's cool and all, hell maybe it was our fault for seeming like we were accusing you; Our bad. Either way you're a little up in arms right now, and need to calm down, take a breather, or maybe sit the next coupla plays out.

EDIT: It comes to my attention that this thread is solely typing you based on VI, which is really unreliable, and through your online interactions. Instead of people typing (Read attacking) your online behavior, how about you give us something else to go on if you want to keep the ball rolling. Write a short biography, or a day in the life or just describe yourself. That should be enlightening.
    Last edited by JWC3; 02-10-2010 at 05:30 PM.
    Easy Day

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Yeah, Shagbag, you definitely came into this thread more prepared to defend your own opinions rather than examine the validity of other's.
    I came to do both where appropriate.

you're a little up in arms right now, and need to calm down, take a breather, or maybe sit the next coupla plays out.
    Lol, a SLE telling an EII to calm down. Awesome.

Obviously, a well-adjusted SLE.

Don't worry, I'm calm, I promise. I'm not as excitable as I may appear on these boards.

Any seemingly excessive displays of enthusiasm / defensiveness / hyperactivity etc. are in fact conveyed with the utmost deadpan, calm, tongue-in-cheekiness.

how about you give us something else to go on if you want to keep the ball rolling. Write a short biography, or a day in the life or just describe yourself. That should be enlightening.
    This I will do.

For starters, I'm working on a new thread about my experiences with SLEs, which I will post shortly.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

1. Ice-breaker

2. Get a feel for the community

3. Start getting to know who the cool, intellectually perverted people are

4. Generate interesting, relevant discussion

5. Learn from my mistakes or help others learn from theirs

6. Challenge false stereotypes about weak/dreamy/boring EIIs

7. Too much time on my hands this week

8. Kick some asses for fun where needed

(and yes, that's well within EII parameters - tells us who needs kicking, and compels us to oblige)

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys,

I've been dying to jump into some of these threads. I'm gonna have the greatest fun tickling your brains and ripping apart some of the annoying socionic stereotypes pervasive on these boards, bwahaha.
    Are you implying that since you are annoyed by "some" socionics stereotypes, that you are then approving of the *rest* of them? :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Solidad View Post
    Are you implying that since you are annoyed by "some" socionics stereotypes, that you are then approving of the *rest* of them? :wink:
    Yes, exactly. I approve of the ones I like.

... major component is the constant quest for originality & authenticity in identity. 5's want to be (and often *are*) "different" and at the same time can experience loneliness, being misunderstood, & alienation pursuing a (so-called) stubborn need to be individualistic.....
    Omg, yes!! That's spot on. I need to learn more about this enneagram 5. Links appreciated.

My sense of you is that you have a good sense of humor, you are emotionally smart, & have hyper self-confidence ... bordering on bravado.
    :redface:

With regards to the hyper self-confidence...

I need to reassure everybody that I do suffer from all of the typical EII weaknesses and insecurities.

In particular I am extremely vulnerable to criticisms of my character, outward appearance, technical abilities, and questions about my reliability / trustworthiness. I suffer these with great pain, brooding in silence for days, even years in some cases.

However.

Having lived a few years on this earth, I have experienced enough of these pains to develop various coping mechanisms to deal with them.

My apparent bravado comes from having accepted my weaknesses, so that when they are brought up, I'm just like..... meh, tell me something I don't know...

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omg, yes!! That's spot on. I need to learn more about this enneagram 5. Links appreciated.
    Oops, I meant 4!!

I think my brain was spacing out...thinking, "4 with 5 wing" & then my fingers typed "5"

Anyway, I've heard that some Infj's relate quite a bit to the 4 description.

Sorry for the mix-up, Shag!

Anyway (if you haven't already looked some up) links:

Enneagram Type 4 - The Individualist
    4 - Enneagram Type Four: The Individualist
    Enneagram Personality Type 4: The Artist

I'm not really an enneagram follower (maybe because I don't relate clearly to any of the designations) but I respect other people that find the system valid and helpful..

I mainly like comparing between MBTI and Socionics (though I'm sure that is considered heresy here-- lol!).

ps.. I like your moniker (cute & funny!)

@Solidad: Thanks for the links, I'm looking into it!

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tereg
    Ryu was always my default, comfortable choice.
    It's funny, I always wanted to play with him myself.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna have the greatest fun tickling your brains and ripping apart some of the annoying socionic stereotypes pervasive on these boards, bwahaha.
    I just don't fit some of the typical stereotypes. ... so I guess I'm slightly more adjusted / well-rounded / balanced etc., making it harder to put me in a box??
    I'd like to direct your attention here
    Stan is not my real name.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    I'd like to direct your attention here
    lol Dude, ease up off shagbag, some people just don't fit perfectly into the 'boxes' I mean there's a reason not every one is a benchmark typing. That thread was more along lines of me being pissed of at people disregarding socionics theory while using it to explain their behvaior.

I.E. I'm SLE and I like Fi (Which isn't possible and what I was getting at)

Versus I'm SLE and I'm not a Dick (Which is very plausable and at the same time doesn't go along with SLE sterotypes)
    Easy Day