I was thinking about this, and I don't mean in purposefully harmful or sinister way. It just seems that Ni-creatives usually act with a particular result in mind and so naturally act in a way to get people to do what they want or to get a certain response. It's similar to the way an Se-ego might act, but in a lot more subtle and round-a-bout way. I think this also ties in with Se-HA.

The difference with Ni-base is that they would likely focus on the way things are playing out and act only to alter the direction. Ni-creative focuses on the results of their actions instead of seeing how chains of events flow independent of particular actions. Ni-base may be manipulative as well; however, they are more likely to be apathetic because they perceive things to be working out fine the way they are going.

It has been said before that EIE has purposeful emotions, and I think this in itself implies a degree of manipulative tendencies. LIE, by contrast, would be more explicit in their actions, but their motives may be just as hidden.