Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I actually dislike that place, 4chan. I don't like a lot of those things. I also don't see what is so alpha about it. Seems more like an irrational paradise than an alpha paradise.
    Merry irrational, but yes.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Merry irrational
    you are talking reininians this week?

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    you are talking reininians this week?
    Well irrational is derived directly from Jung, and Merry simply means Fe/Ti valuing...
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahem
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand
    What a PoLR hit is

A PoLR hit is not caused by someone using your PoLR function around you; it takes more than that. A PoLR hit occurs when someone claims that you are responsible for dealing with issues involving your PoLR. This may happen with a member of a side quadra who mistakes you for your supervisor, or a member of the opposing quadra who just thinks that you're being dumb. However, PoLR hits have little effect on a person who has accepted their weakness. If you can answer to a demand that you use your PoLR with essentially "I am not responsible for that" (or "I can't"), then the crisis is averted, and the issue simply becomes who is responsible for it.

Hidden Agenda Hits

On the other hand, many of the painful things that have been labeled PoLR hits are not in fact PoLR hits. For instance, when an Se ego frightens an Ne ego, the issue here is not Se. Se is not at stake here, and Ne probably isn't either, else the Infantile would be retaliating rather than cowering. What is at stake here is Si. Whereas a Caregiver would respond to the stress on Sensing by smoothing it out and perhaps getting a bit miffed, the Infantile finds that his superid is in trouble. If he's been lucky enough to notice his dual in the past, he may go looking for a Caregiver, or slightly less fortunately, try to make the Aggressor act like a Caregiver (which will certainly not be taken kindly). If he hasn't had the good fortune of noticing who has been taking care of him, or even that he has been taken care of, he may simply become insecure, and wonder why something he has always relied upon is suddenly missing.

All HA hits on static types will follow this pattern of the clumsy static functioning of the other person threatening the delicate balance of the first person's dynamic HA. Unlike a PoLR hit, which is best ignored or discussed detachedly, an HA hit must be cleaned up; and the HA itself is usually not capable of cleaning up after a strong function.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Good thing that this finally has brought in attention. PoLR is more like a shield that protects HA from getting hurt, by keeping it in check. When you get really hurt, it's not the PoLR that gets hurt it's HA.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...t-polr-ha.html
    Last edited by Trevor; 01-21-2010 at 04:32 AM.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not quite sure what the application is for this topic yet. Can you explain?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I'm not quite sure what the application is for this topic yet. Can you explain?
    Something like...when an ILI is sure that his feelings(HA) are not going to be exploited he can then let loose and even make a clown out of himself. It's pretty much already being said here. I'm just relating it to the whole socium.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    Something like...when an ILI is sure that his feelings(HA) are not going to be exploited he can let loose and even make a clown out of himself. It's pretty much already being said here. I'm just relating it to the whole socium.
    Ah, got it. Good point, that helps. I always like it when there's more theory to fit reality. It (almost) always increases understanding both of the theory and of the situation in general. I like socionics. It's a good combination of neat and messy.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    Something like...when an ILI is sure that his feelings(HA) are not going to be exploited he can then let loose and even make a clown out of himself. It's pretty much already being said here. I'm just relating it to the whole socium.
    He can, but it isn't clear to me why he would... in an ILI would often be tossed aside carelessly for the sake of . Even if it just so happens that an ILI has nothing to gain (determined by ) by ignoring and nothing to lose (determined by ) by allowing it, what would possess an ILI to spend energy on it? Perhaps hope of an benefit, or a belief that this is part of the established relationship? The former seems unlikely for a weak function... the latter might work, though.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari