Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Caan View Post
    I think everybody has basic emotions; it's just that Fe Polrs don't care for mimicking or playing off the emotions of other people. Maybe a lack of mirror neurons or something.
    Specifically activating mirror neurons would be my guess. I know SLI who can "mirror neuron himself" into athlete's body. I think that many more empathetical types lack this specific style of mirroring.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnaedy View Post
    I live with an ILI-Ni, and I would even dare call myself her friend. She does seem rather reserved and subdued when she is around the people outside of her immediate circle – to the point she almost seems like an android more than a human – yet when she is with her in-group, her emotions pour out wildly and, I would say, with very little control at all. "Binary" is the word that would describe it the best, in my opinion. If she is happy, she is ecstatic; if she is angry, she is furious; if she is sad, the end of the world is coming; if she is worried about something, it is a full-blown anxiety. There simply is no middle ground between having no (or very subdued and subtle) emotion and having ALL of the emotion for her, as far as I am concerned.
    this certainly describes my ILI friend to a tee. An almost childlike expression of emotional states punctuated by long stretches of emotionless, Vulcan-like demeanor.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can tell you LIE. I'm like a Mr. Miyagi who has no ability to do Karate. When doing the code, make sure you have the ability to type coherently. Thus I make myself type pretty much whenever I can. Got my WPM up too. Yeah, sure this has nothing to do with emotions first in, but then you realize I want to succeed. Thus, I think I need to practice skills I am bad at. But then why do I want to succeed? That's where all the emotion resides. That's the interesting story. I won't tell it though, it's a pretty sad story.

Other option is I'm a mistyped ISFj or ESFp. It's more likely than you think, but then I can say that case, I've been mistaking cognitive functions for other cognitive functions, and the chance of incorrect type practically quadruples, because the concept of ethical, logical, sensory, and intuitive are misunderstood. But minding that theory out of the way as a not true... I think you can get the romanticism of me.

Also, mirroring is great, I just need to figure out what they're thinking first, and that's easier done with the word than the image. I am trying to figure it out though, see my newest theory on that, which I will check for responses.

Also, as an Fi valuing man-child, note I care immensely that you do not like what I said, I probably even know why you don't like it, however, hindsight is a cruel judge.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm.....k

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    I can tell you LIE. I'm like a Mr. Miyagi who has no ability to do Karate. When doing the code, make sure you have the ability to type coherently. Thus I make myself type pretty much whenever I can. Got my WPM up too. Yeah, sure this has nothing to do with emotions first in, but then you realize I want to succeed. Thus, I think I need to practice skills I am bad at. But then why do I want to succeed? That's where all the emotion resides. That's the interesting story. I won't tell it though, it's a pretty sad story.

Other option is I'm a mistyped ISFj or ESFp. It's more likely than you think, but then I can say that case, I've been mistaking cognitive functions for other cognitive functions, and the chance of incorrect type practically quadruples, because the concept of ethical, logical, sensory, and intuitive are misunderstood. But minding that theory out of the way as a not true... I think you can get the romanticism of me.

Also, mirroring is great, I just need to figure out what they're thinking first, and that's easier done with the word than the image. I am trying to figure it out though, see my newest theory on that, which I will check for responses.

Also, as an Fi valuing man-child, note I care immensely that you do not like what I said, I probably even know why you don't like it, however, hindsight is a cruel judge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was in a longterm relationship with an ILI. They would get excited and interested about all sorts of things, but when it came to their emotions, either positive or negative, they were always ice cold and extremely reserved. In a lot of ways it was really good for balancing out my Fi/Se volatility, but when their real emotions would come out it was always seemingly non-negotiable AND they were disinterested in discussing or analyzing them.

They could definitely be expressive and were super vocal about their opinions, but emotionally impenetrable to my Fi.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ILI emotional states usually depend on how they feel that they fit in with or are treated by others. ILIs love intimacy, playfulness and joke telling but their emotions are often so poorly controlled - silliness is at one extreme while heated vitriol is at the other and for some, there's little in between. When in high spirits and safe environments, they can be really exuberant, obsessive and or intrusive although they tend to frown upon these characteristics in others.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

with people I'm not close to I'm withdrawn, quiet, cold (though i don't mean to be), but when i get close to someone which is rare i open up and they are usually surprised at how silly i can be, and talkative. my ex commented on that whereas he is the opposite, when he feels uncomfortable he talks a lot and then when hes comfortable he can relax and sit in silence. he was probably SEE, or IEE
    i am an emotional person but i don't show it, i don't like showing it unless we are close

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very emotional, just the things that I am emotional about are very few. These things are: Serving God, Fulfilling the role God gave to me and my loved ones. I can appear cold to strangers. However, if someone (especially an ethical type) tries to have a normal conversation with me, I will do right by them and display the usage social niceties (show kindness, give the social smile, show genuine concern, etc). I hate social awkwardness as I find those moments to be cringing (though there are many times where my ethical carelessness is the cause of these moments). Also having good social skills is very important when trying to get a successful career.

If someone does something that seems like injustice to my family or my close friends I will be the first one to fight back verbally or physically, whatever the case may be. This is much to the surprise of my loved ones who know I am tough, but didn’t know I loved them so much (due to my demeanour). I have something in me that knows precisely: which people are with me, which people find me uninteresting and which people hate me (or distrustful of my motives). I try not to let these perceptions be known. When it comes to self sacrifice I do not spare anything for my loved ones.

My opinions and thoughts can have the appearance of cluelessness from a moral standard. I wonder if my bluntness and ethical mistakes are the product of my Fe POLR. Some people on this forum know about this trait of mine (cough @ashlesha, @voider) though it is worse than the case they have already seen. A good example of this:

There was guy (a new friend of mine) in a long distance relationship with his girlfriend when they were both starting universities. He says “I don’t what know what to do.” I said “you should call for a breakup.” Everyone around looked appalled at my comment. He says “dude, that is not even funny.” I replied, “No, I am quite serious, if the relationship is causing such an emotional strain at the start of university then it can’t be practical to keep it going until it starts affecting your schoolwork at the most important step in your life. It is probably best to put end to it before you start feeling trapped.” “Dude, have you ever been a relationship”, he says. “No.” “Then don’t act like you understand, like understand(he is partially tearing up) what were going through.” He gets up to leave 10 minutes later and that was the last time I ever talked to him.

It is not that I didn’t understand how close our friendship was (Like an ENTp). If I am your friend I am going to be blunt and give you my practical opionion no matter how emotional vulnerable you may be feeling and no matter how early it is in our friendship. Maybe it is because I absolutely hate seeing signs of weakness in people close to me. I wonder if this behaviour is somehow geared to my dual. I have a SEE-Fi friend (he is probably the only friend of mine that understands my motives and emotions at all times) who I provided harsher advice to at the start of our friendships and he appreciated that I didn’t sugarcoat things. When he disagreed with my opinion he didn’t run off, he has the confidence to prove me wrong (I love this trait). He even likes my crude humor most of the time (and when he doesn’t, he doesn’t make a big deal out of it) and he relates well with my ruthlessness in completing my goals.
    Last edited by Investigator; 09-21-2019 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Simple correction

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Investigator View Post
    I am very emotional, just the things that I am emotional about are very few. These things are: Serving God, Fulfilling the role God gave to me and my loved ones. I can appear cold to strangers. However, if someone (especially an ethical type) tries to have a normal conversation with me, I will do right by them and display the usage social niceties (show kindness, give the social smile, show genuine concern, etc). I hate social awkwardness as I find those moments to be cringing (though there are many times were my ethical carelessness is the cause of these moments). Also having good social skills is very important when trying to get a successful career.

If someone does something that seems like injustice to my family or my close friends I will be the first one to fight back verbally or physically, whatever the case may be. This is much to the surprise of my loved ones who know I am tough, but didn’t know I loved them so much (due to my demeanour). I have something in me that knows precisely: which people are with me, which people find me uninteresting and which people hate me (or distrustful of my motives). I try not to let these perceptions be known. When it comes to self sacrifice I do not spare anything for my loved ones.

My opinions and thoughts can have the appearance of cluelessness from a moral standard. I wonder if my bluntness and ethical mistakes are the product of my Fe POLR. Some people on this forum know about this trait of mine (cough @ashlesha, @voider) though it is worse than the case they have already seen. A good example of this:

There was guy (a new friend of mine) in a long distance relationship with his girlfriend when they were both starting universities. He says “I don’t what know what to do.” I said “you should call for a breakup.” Everyone around looked appalled at my comment. He says “dude, that is not even funny.” I replied, “No, I am quite serious, if the relationship is causing such an emotional strain at the start of university then it can’t be practical to keep it going until it starts affecting your schoolwork at the most important step. It is probably best to put end to it before you start feeling trapped.” “Dude, have you ever been a relationship”, he says. “No.” “Then don’t act you understand like understand what were going through.” He gets up to leave 10 minutes and that was the last time I ever talked to him.

It is not that I didn’t understand how close our friendship was (Like an ENTp). If I am your friend I am going to be blunt and give you my practical opionion no matter how emotional vulnerable you may be feeling and no matter how early it is in our friendship. Maybe it is because I absolutely hate seeing signs of weakness in people close to me. I wonder if this behaviour is somehow geared to my dual. I have a SEE-Fi friend (he probably the only friend of mine that understands motives and emotions at all times) who I provided harsher advice to at the start of our friendships and he appreciated that I didn’t sugarcoat things. When he disagreed with my opinion he didn’t run off, he has the confidence to prove me wrong (I love this trait). He even likes my crude humor most of the time (and when he doesn’t, he doesn’t make a big deal out of it) and he relates well with my ruthlessness in completing my goals.
    That's pretty much my experience with my family and any prospective friends. Hell they even value it. When they want the "honest truth" they come to me because they know that I will not hold back. I take this as a point of pride, I am the most "honest" person they've ever seemed to have met. That warms my heart and makes me smile. I'm doing something right by the almighty if this is the case .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123