Thread: enneatype jxxxrtes

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    It's more like I have a fear of trusting things because I'm afraid that it will be revealed that I misplaced my trust. So I never let myself trust anything (although I may outwardly project that I do) and I become obsessively skeptical and analytical to compensate.
    It sounds like you have Ne as a base function but haven't developed it to the point where you can hoard uncertainty like a virtue. I can see how that would correlate with Ti subtype.

Like, some people allow themselves to just "float" in their beliefs, but I rip myself apart inside to make sure that I'm not passively believing something that is wrong.
    Dude that just means you're analytical. It doesn't mean you need certainty. Everyone who's smart does that.

6s have trouble finding a middle ground--not that they don't see the point of one. It's like they have their own internal pendulum. I've heard Smeagol from LOTR was a 6w7 because he has that good-bad dynamic.
    Ah! Makes more sense.

6s are not robots, they are the most human of all the types, 6w7s in particular.
    Well that depends on your perspective.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Dude that just means you're analytical. It doesn't mean you need certainty. Everyone who's smart does that.
    But do people do it neurotically? The point is that I don't ever get to the finished product of "Ah, that is the right answer I can trust" (Well I can, but it's hard and would be part of 9 integration).
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    But do people do it neurotically? The point is that I don't ever get to the finished product of "Ah, that is the right answer I can trust" (Well I can, but it's hard and would be part of 9 integration).
    Well I don't identify with that, so either point taken or I'm not very smart.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That discussion was useful.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol well I was describing 6 for your sake, but not to imply that it is your fixation.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course you can't identify with that because you're a 6w7--not a 6w5.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read some more descriptions and I'm typing myself 7w6. I resonate fairly well with this type's motivations: irrational fear of boredom, irrational fear of being hedged in and constrained by lack of possibilities, avoidance of painful situations instead of confronting them, constant desire for mental stimulation.

I don't readily associate with the core fixations of the 6 to find security. I do have lots of mental anxiety like Archon (probably thanks to the 6 wing), but I don't diffuse it by holding on to some fixed system like a 6 does; I take it as a sign that I'm approaching the problem in the wrong way and revise my efforts.

I can be deeply immersed in a project, system or ideological position only to completely forget about it minutes later, or when something better comes along; I've never been able to appreciate a piece of art for more than a couple of seconds. I've never had a permanent view of anything.

The only thing that doesn't work is the social aspect of being extroverted. I have absolutely unshakable optimism, but I don't like being outwardly cheerful most of the time; inwardly though, I can be incredibly cheerful. I'm not always very outgoing in a conventional sense and I don't have many friends because I don't find most people or activities very interesting. I'm an sx though, which is internally focused, so that may be why.

I also don't like to limit the range of my activities by dedicating the night to one activity (like going to party) that may turn out incredibly dull, then I'd feel trapped. Even so, when I'm in such a situation I can make the best of it. I find studying to be a shit load more mentally stimulating than any such activity, and probably the most stimulating activity there is.

What sells me most on this typing is the growth/integration/security point. Every time I disintegrate and go to 1, usually as a result of some perceived failure, I try to impose some structure on myself that inevitably fails in the end. I don't do my work because I enjoy it, I just do it mechanically -- not fun.

Integration to 5 is pretty obvious just from my interactions on this forum.

Security point at 5 is unbelievably true for me. If I'm in a cheerful mood I can suddenly break it off, get serious and try to be alone to the complete surprise of everyone around me. I value being left alone to recharge.

Overall though, I'm probably not the healthiest 7 because I'm still picking up the pieces from an episode of sexual abuse by a gorilla. And I've experienced enough psychosis and hallucinogenic states in my lifetime due to a mental condition I've had since birth.

@everyone, good tries but you lose.