Thread: enneatype jxxxrtes

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess my biggest anxieties are about being trapped without freedom to make my own choices
    This should be obvious.
    The saddest ESFj

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7w6, 6w7.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sixes don't seem to understand the point of a middle ground. They're like this guy:

They're like robots or something.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about being a 7 either. I don't identify with the cheerful, ebullient extrovert descriptions at all.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's more like I have a fear of trusting things because I'm afraid that it will be revealed that I misplaced my trust. So I never let myself trust anything (although I may outwardly project that I do) and I become obsessively skeptical and analytical to compensate.

Like, some people allow themselves to just "float" in their beliefs, but I rip myself apart inside to make sure that I'm not passively believing something that is wrong.

Due to all of that, I am often right in arguments, because I've already analyzed the subject to pieces way before and much more critically, than the other person.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    It's more like I have a fear of trusting things because I'm afraid that it will be revealed that I misplaced my trust. So I never let myself trust anything (although I may outwardly project that I do) and I become obsessively skeptical and analytical to compensate.
    It sounds like you have Ne as a base function but haven't developed it to the point where you can hoard uncertainty like a virtue. I can see how that would correlate with Ti subtype.

Like, some people allow themselves to just "float" in their beliefs, but I rip myself apart inside to make sure that I'm not passively believing something that is wrong.
    Dude that just means you're analytical. It doesn't mean you need certainty. Everyone who's smart does that.

6s have trouble finding a middle ground--not that they don't see the point of one. It's like they have their own internal pendulum. I've heard Smeagol from LOTR was a 6w7 because he has that good-bad dynamic.
    Ah! Makes more sense.

6s are not robots, they are the most human of all the types, 6w7s in particular.
    Well that depends on your perspective.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Dude that just means you're analytical. It doesn't mean you need certainty. Everyone who's smart does that.
    But do people do it neurotically? The point is that I don't ever get to the finished product of "Ah, that is the right answer I can trust" (Well I can, but it's hard and would be part of 9 integration).
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    But do people do it neurotically? The point is that I don't ever get to the finished product of "Ah, that is the right answer I can trust" (Well I can, but it's hard and would be part of 9 integration).
    Well I don't identify with that, so either point taken or I'm not very smart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Sixes don't seem to understand the point of a middle ground. They're like this guy:

They're like robots or something.
    6s have trouble finding a middle ground--not that they don't see the point of one. It's like they have their own internal pendulum. I've heard Smeagol from LOTR was a 6w7 because he has that good-bad dynamic. 6s are not robots, they are the most human of all the types, 6w7s in particular.
    The saddest ESFj