Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early risers, night owls, and socionics types

Creepy-Cyclops

Oh - my mind might be playing tricks with me, but..didn't someone post something recently which said that intelligent people stay up later? (something to do with overcoming evolution to not sleep so soon when it's dark).

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I am an early bird, up sometimes anywhere between 4 and 6:30. I love morning walks for coffee or tea.
    There are places which sell coffee or tea between 4 and 6.30?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    There are places which sell coffee or tea between 4 and 6.30?
    Yes. And some that are open 24 hours.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Funny, I was talking to dinki about wishing I could sleep between 11am and 7p-8m.

I love the early morning and I love the night. The midday-afternoon period is so boring.
    I used to have a nap around 2 or 3 for half an hour, and sleep from about 3 am until 7 am ...

It didn't work out too badly. But for the first half hour or so after being awake it's like I was still asleep.

Anyway, that was all good until drinking. When I drunk alcohol etc, I'd find I had to sleep for a couple of hours during the day time. Then sometimes I'd take one big long sleep if I'd been pretty active and sleep in until like 2 pm on Sundays...

It worked for me...

The thing is, it's nice to sleep during the day for a little bit. But it's not so nice to miss out on sun.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I know a couple of Se dominants who are often up all hours of the night doing work or whatever. *shrug* me, I need my sleep.
    Only last year I was up until like 9 am sometiems .. 3 am other times .. an early night was like 1 am...

Now I'm trying to go to bed by midnight generally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12