Thread: Behaviour and Anxiety

Creepy-

Default Behaviour and Anxiety

How do you all act when anxious? Is it possibly function related?

When anxious I am excessively cheerful (perhaps creative function?)

How about you?

Creepy-

Woah, why does the first poster have to destroy the credibility of my idea

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI subtype

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I either shut down completely, or become very snappish. But usually I just shut down and can't function at all - I can't decide anything at all.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Behaviour and Anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    For me, anxiety is caused by all those possibilities of meaning and actions that are jumping around in my head so fast that I can't possibly process them. Because each environmental influence creates even more branches of possibilities, I find myself having to wrap myself up in a mental cloak of protection. *giggles at the d&d style image*...*clears throat* Each time something from my environment breaks through (someone/thing calling my attention from processing those possibilities) it is physically as well as mentally painful. Thus, I strike out to make the influence stop.

So, in summary...when I am anxious, I get very irritable and can sometimes lash out quickly before just as quickly withdrawing again. (In socionics terms, one could say that my out of control Ne (anxiousness) is attempting to be balanced by my Fi (weighing of attract/repel aka emotions towards each Ne-d thought) and Fi security/stability is protected by Se (repelling/stopping/blocking external environmental factors).
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get irritable and aggressive, sometimes overly active..I try to find an outlet for those feelings and if i can't, watch out! I snap. I also get really talkative, which is strange.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get a worried look on my face, I tend to become more introspective and I look preoccupied, and I pace around wherever I am at quickly and endlessly. I find that physical movement helps alleviate nervousness/anxiety.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to zone out, and be less present.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideas_of_reference

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_thought_disorder

mind dancing

thoughts racing

colors flashing

spots dance before my eyes

faces fall apart and come back together again

the rocks talk to me

information overload making me want to explode

/me cums

basically the way I act in chat describes it well. i also act like Y&C does but more "cryptic"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I become really fussy and hypersensitive to sensory stimulation, while at the same time losing my awareness of the outside world and getting "tunnel vision" so to speak. I feel like all my clothes fit badly and are full of itchy powder. I can't get comfortable.

Usually my thoughts don't involve language, but when I'm anxious I start thinking repetitively in fragmented english. I recall bad experiences from the past and feel guilt, which is often accompanied by inadvertently vocalising my stream of thought. If you hear me randomly say "Never again" or "Fuck" without context, I'm probably in this state. I become aware that I'm saying things with no context and realise I'm powerless to do anything about because I can't consciously change my line of thought.

I try to fall back on Ne: I emphasise my eccentricities and try to make interesting observations about the world around me - however I'm unable to do so because of the tunnel vision and narrow thought patterns.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is all very valuabe info, when do we start actually summarise the topics and bring some interesting conclusions or simply save some summeris in the memory bank. Can we create something like a memory bank with all interesting findings or ideas? I know I am silly...
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No you are not! The only thing is you need to realize that collective memory already exists it is just not nearly as efficient as it could be. This is why I want a mental internet to be created so that we could save all of this within one another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you do it reguarly or only when you're upset/anxious?

Your 1st/2nd = my 3rd/4th...

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Idea

1. I think it would be very intersting if people who makes threads (which get successfull with many ohter members replied) would summarise it at the end. May be the authours can write a brief conclusion or short report at the end of the thread. Then they can create their personal bank or we could organise like a database with alphabetic order from A to Z. Anxiaty would for example fit under A. I am not sure whom do we need to contact as regards to this site, is it Metaivan or who?

2. I also think that people on this forum may have particular interests about socionics and there meay be some sort of consistency in their threads. It would be good if they could choose a topic (e.g brain functionning and socionincs, or the difference between MBTI and socionics) and could collect the material which could be used later either as an article on this forum+ other forums? or may be presented later at the conference?
    3. We have got so much of a raw material saved on this forum that it would be probably enough for a book. However it is very valueable information and we could do something constructive about it. I remember it was a talk some time ego about conference and I think it would be great to meet up one day but ... it would be even better if would organise it properly. I am sure we have got plenty of talented uncertified
    socionics' enthusiasts who would be interested in foundation of english speaking socionic community, how does it sound, by the way?
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Behaviour and Anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy

When anxious I am excessively cheerful (perhaps creative function?)

How about you?
    usually my stomach churns acid at an incredible rate. i'll get jumpy if i'm lost in the car and have to do something out of the ordinary routine. or if i'm about to execute a plan that i've been going over in my head.

it might be function related, as i over process the information. when anxious i'm a bit sick feeling, and a bit jumpy. i'm not sure if i ever came off as cheerful....