Thread: Problems with VI? Here is the solution

Threaded View

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Problems with V.I.? Here is the solution...

Why is Visual Identification so difficult?
    In my opinion the reasons are:

1.) People try V.I. without having enough experience.
    2.) People try V.I. without using subtypes.
    3.) People try V.I. with only two subtypes in mind.

The first problem is obvious: you can only use V.I. successfully if you have already typed a lot of people so that you can compare them to the person you want to type.

The second problem occurs because people of the same type can look very different. On the one hand the appearence of a person not only depends on type but also on the appearence of his parents and his race. On the other hand it depends on subtypes. Distinguishing between different main types is not like distinguishing between cats and dogs! It is rather like distinguishing between different cars!
    A Toyota, a Honda and a Hyundai may look very similar - like an LII, an ILI and an ILE. There are some Toyotas that look like Hondas. There are some Hondas that look like Hyundais. There are some LIIs that look like ILIs. We have to use subtypes, there is no other choice...

There is the system of accepting and producing subtypes which is used by many people on this forum. The problem is that people of one and the same subtype still may look very different so V.I. is difficult. Another problem is that Gulenko and Meged/Ovcharov seem to describe different persons! The descriptions are self-contradictory in a way...

Some people on this forum had the idea that the descriptions could be used to get an idea how DCNH subtypes look like. Here is the thread. This makes sense, indeed.

Now where is the solution of the V.I. problem?

During the last months I thought a lot about DCNH subtypes and how to distinguish between them by V.I.. I found a really interesting fact that should solve many or most problems - under the condition that people are familiar with the DCNH system.

1.) All subtypes with a strengthened base function have round faces.
    2.) All subtypes with a strengthened creative function have square faces.
    3.) All subtypes with a strengthened ignoring function have rectangular faces.
    4.) All subtypes with a strengthened demonstrative function have oval faces.

Examples:
    I am Ni-LII. Ni is LII's demonstrative function so I have a rather oval face (compared to other LIIs).
    Victor Gulenko is Ne-LII. Ne is LII's creative function so he has a rather square face (compared to other LIIs).
    Dick Cheney is Te-LSE. Te is LSE's base function so he has a rather round face (compared to other LSEs).
    George W. Bush is Se-LSE. Se is LSE's demonstrative function so he has a rather oval face (compared to other LSEs).
    Michael Schumacher is Ti-SLI. Ti is SLI's demonstrative function so he has a rather oval face (compared to other SLIs).
    Barack Obama is Fe-IEI. Fe is IEI's creative function so he has a rather square face (compared to other IEIs).

I really hope there are some people on this forum who can confirm my observations.

And no, I don't want to talk about the types of the above mentionend celebrities.
    Last edited by JohnDo; 02-26-2010 at 03:41 PM.