Thread: Randall Munroe

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Randall Munroe

What type is xkcd creator Randall Munroe?

Firstly, i think it's definitely out of the NT's...although i did read a thread on another site where several ppl suggested ISTp

judging by the content of his comics, i'd say he's Ti valuing, a large portion of his comics revealing some unconscious underlying structure of areas of the geek world.

he also seems to like algorithms, which i've read is a TeNi thing...

although he knew that he probably would have sold more books through a mainstream publisher distributing through bookstores, he chose to sell his book over the internet. so he wasn't interested in making as much money or selling as many books as possible, which seems Te-devaluing (???)

looking at video footage of him, he appears to be more of a judging type. he's calm and collected, effortlessly self deprecating, modest, manages to relate to questioners very easily, is private about his personal life, seems to be excited by unknown possibilities (Ne as an ego function?), cares a lot about whether his audience likes his work...

all in all, i'd say he's either INTj or some hybrid IENTj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh and the way he dresses is quite boring and unaesthetically pleasing. he clearly values functionality and comfort over style.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched his lecture at Google -- I would say he is almost certainly LII. ILE and LII are the only two possible options, really, and I think his IJ nature comes across quite clearly in that video.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, he does come across as very LII in the Google lecture, and in other lectures too.
    i.e. beginning sentences with 'So...'; being seemingly unaware of how annoyingly repetitive his movements are; not minding when the conversation becomes tangential to the initial topic/question, resorting to problem solving a difficult physics puzzle to help himself feel comfortable in the lavatory (LOL)...

Krig, what about him in the Google lectures would indicate an IJ nature?

He VI's more as SLI than LII.
    That being said, he seems to have a lot of crazy, kooky, but plausible ideas (i.e. Ne) for an SLI...so either he's overcompensating on his HA, or that's his creative function. since it almost seems like second nature to him to come up with crazy ideas, and the ideas are well thought out, i'd guess it's his creative function (i.e. he's an LII).

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xixi View Post
    Krig, what about him in the Google lectures would indicate an IJ nature?
    Body language, mostly. He's very pulled-together, arms tend to remain close to his body, doesn't make large, sweeping movements. Also, his manner of speaking is soft and careful.

An ILE would be more outwardly-focused, less careful, looser.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ah

aah, ok. fair point

i was tripped up by his rather good impersonation of *person doing a triple take over string coming down from the sky, seemingly out of nowhere*, but i guess there's nothing to say that an IJ can't be good at physical impersonations

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request