Thread: Gul's Gul and Isha's typing thread

Hybrid View

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Isha is LII. No aristocracy in her at all, Se PoLR is clear IMO, and our dynamic basically consists of me feeding her Fe and her keeping me from flying into oblivion with Ti. She basically stopped me from going literally insane when I was in college
    Yes, intertypes are going to be the most stubborn opposition to keeping her as my epic dual.

I swear on my sharp, pointy, white and glossy PoLR that I will find a way, though. *shakes fist*

EDIT

Even though my inclination to swallow her being LII in isolation (ie without considering intertypes) is tending to waver somewhat at the moment (compared to considering her intertypes which all point to an overall positive relationship with Fe and Merries and a poor one with Se).

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're an Alpha Irrational. You show no signs whatsoever of Aristocracy or Fi. You don't really type yourself IEE; you just think "ENFP" is a convenient solution to your type confusion. There's a big difference.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

You don't really type yourself IEE; you just think "ENFP" is a convenient solution to your type confusion. There's a big difference.
    What do you mean by that?

Also, in what ways do I not show Fi?

Also, I think ILE is out, as I just can't fathom Fi being my PoLR in the least. Similarly I take issue with Te PoLR as opposed to HA, but I can go into these reasons later.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you have your convoluted little rationale points, but really, I think you just think that being "ENFP" works. I don't think you really see Fi in yourself; you seem in no way to have expectations as to how people should behave, or any kind of agenda as to how things should or could be; if I asked you how you would run the forum if you were me, you probably wouldn't even have thought about it much except for a few things you don't like that I do. You certainly don't seem like you separate people here on the forum into distinct groupings naturally, or at least observe them actively; you don't belong to any "grouping" that I can see, either explicitly or covertly...you just sort of do your own thing, and take other people along for the ride when it works for you. The only "grouping" I can place you in is the sort of naturally developing loose collectivity of Alphas who, incidentally, also generally enjoy this place as somewhere to socialize and occasionally discuss Socionics. IMO you fit right in with Kam, Bee, Archon, and dolphin as people who appreciate socionics periferally and the context it provides the forum, but aren't bent on doing anything with it and generally just want to relax and talk about stuff, with Socionics more as a medium of engagement rather than a tool that is being developed for a broader agenda.

Deltas would be the most inclined to stick to their own threads or smaller groupings, as is evidenced by Delta being the second most posted-in Quadra despite having the second fewest number of members; just barely ahead of Gammas, who post in their own quadra hardly at all (Alpha defies this rule by having an epic number of both threads and posts, but remember that Alphas vastly outnumber every other quadra on the forum combined, and have the most active members).

You do, on the other hand, kind of float around being lighthearted and looking to have fun in random, sometimes inappropriate places, and tend to get chewed out by people who feel like you disrupt either distinct groupings/specific dynamics between people, or focused conversation that is aimed at a tug-of-war between conflicting points of view. Look at OBVIOUS IEEs like Nicky/SlackerMom/whatever she has changed her user name to: she enters into conversations sometimes that aren't in Delta or where she might not have initially had a place, but she either takes or develops a new "side" to the argument, calmly stating her perspective and replying accordingly and constently. You just try to make mayhem and "fun" wherever you go, and pretty much disregard the obvious groupings or distinct positionings of people on the forum in your attempts to get some form of entertainment. You have no aristocratic agenda whatsoever; you easily attach yourself to individuals like Isha without involving yourself in her other relationships or feeling like it is necessary to get a sense of the "groups" she is sort of implicitly involved in: the workshop group, the old forum member group, etc. Your first priorities are obviously Fe and Si; you don't seem to care about anything else.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

Guess I'm back to being SEI again. Good points all from you, Mr Gilly.

Anyway, of course I think that IEE works. If I didn't think it made sense, I wouldn't have it as my typing, would I? Although a big part of it is other people making sense of my being IEE, to be fair.

Te PoLR could make sense, since evaluating whether information is true or useful is a massive blind spot for me. I mean, that's happening right now. Ryu says blah, Isha says blah, I think blah, but then Gilly rocks up and is like HALB SUCKAH and I suddenly am very confused and distrustful of my own arguments and really, really wish one of the two people I mentioned was around to make sense of it all.

Anyway, I'm basing this off the workshop SEI description.

EDIT

You could've timed your stupid sexy reasoning before Isha hopped quadras again. Now it just looks like I'm following her *shame*

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not going anywhere; you've always been there. You only stand to gain from accepting the truth.

Again I'll say, I think mostly "ENFP" made sense for you, in an MBTI-Socioncs attempted hybrid sense; extrovert, intuitive, ethical, and irrational. But you're Alpha to the core.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

You're not going anywhere; you've always been there. You only stand to gain from accepting the truth.

Again I'll say, I think mostly "ENFP" made sense for you, in an MBTI-Socioncs attempted hybrid sense; extrovert, intuitive, ethical, and irrational. But you're Alpha to the core.
    More like, "Ne base, ethical, must be Fi because I look at people through personal sentiments" and a bunch of other such not-useful tibits of Evidense I think. But yeah.

EDIT

Don't I have a history of "comfort typings" anyway? Typings that make reasonable sense and are backed up by a bunch of people with confident opinions.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty much in agreement with thePirate and Krig, I just can't see you having anything but dominant , your posts reek of it, not to mentioned you act like a total IEE 9 in your videos

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Nah, Alpha and Delta are both chill. It's the Betas and Gammas who get all uptight about stuff. I blame the Se.
    Indeed. If any quadra is prone to strict, stiffing, behavior and lack of playfulness I'd say it's Gamma than Beta, though even that isn't always true, and of course I may be bias since I don't value the Ni/Se lifestyle.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These days I think ENFp might have worked for you after all, Gulanzon. It's very clear from your behavior lately that you are not an ENTp or any other logical type, you're just too much into F kinds of topics and have too much natural enthusiasm for it. ISFps, however, are generally less assertive and initiative taking in their weirdness than you are. They don't really go out of their way to proove that they are unique, they more like, just, "are" that way and don't care wether people notice or not. I still think you are quite a bit different from some of the more "serious" ENFps that I sometimes come across (Rick is an example), but that could well be due to other factors.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merry + Ep + Ne...
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    ISFps, however, are generally less assertive and initiative taking in their weirdness than you are. They don't really go out of their way to proove that they are unique, they more like, just, "are" that way and don't care wether people notice or not.
    But I don't try to be weird, I'm just a Gul. This is why it's mystifying when people call me "attention-seeking". I enjoy it when people point out, "Heh, what a character", though, and I understand Kam is similar like that, but I won't speak for him.

So I think you actually have two different points there.

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I still think you are quite a bit different from some of the more "serious" ENFps that I sometimes come across (Rick is an example), but that could well be due to other factors.
    Well, as for Rick, he recently made a very Ne post lamenting that Socionics is rather stagnant and not going anywhere (ie has no potential any more). That's pretty much meaningless to me. I'm somewhat more in alignment with BnD in my issue with Socionics being that you can argue and fit any piece evidence to support your ideas. Additionally, I really question whether it has much of an application at all.

Instead I'm quite content with my initial intention for picking up Socionics having fallen by the wayside, as I find I generally enjoy the community on these forums and the friends I've made from the forums that I keep in touch with outside them.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gul = ENxp. Gul /= ISFp. ISHa idk. Gul = Ne run goddamnfrigginwild. It's hard to see any introverted rational pairing. Total clusterfuck.

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont feel motivated to thoroughly dissect his type, it'll change in a week or so anyway.

but..

I will say that I have called him out for being an unhealthy IEE, his behaviors remind me of mine when I was much, much younger, had low self-esteem, and felt it imperative to be accepted by people. I also used alot of Fe - as a facade to draw attention to myself to get recognition or praise. This to me is in line with his 'I come here for social interaction' shtick, I reckon he probably comes here for validation and puts on this 'cutesy' persona he thinks will get him accepted. He has also delusionally pointed out his behaviors as charming when they have been blatently repellant, SEI's in general have at the very least a decent sense of how they are received. IEE's, especially when they are unhealthy, are prone to the kind of delusions GUL is. On his Fe - the way he uses it seems forced and unnatural, I also dont see him adept at Si at ALL. He appears really uncomfortable in his own skin, Si seeking > Si ego. Also the way he changes types so much, and his investment in the whole proccess, its unlike what I've come to know from SEI's

SEI's, even when I have disagreed with them, I could always reconcile our different points of view or actions with those of my own. If there's anything I get irked about them about, moreso then anything, is their LACK of care(which is the total opposite of how gul operates). When I read posts from GUL his attention seeking and brain-is-on-mars attitude stick out. I find SEI's usually having a grounded/down to earth vibe and want to shy away from being recognized, if anything. The 'like me' behavior is much more prominent in IEE's, especially unhealthy ones. SEI's also always have this coolness about them(even when not healthy), Gul emanates lame in spades. He just tries too hard. I just really dont see an SEI caring so much as GUL

I refuse to believe I can be so repelled by an SEI, I love them for the most part.

Maybe he's some breed I've never encountered.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think he's half ewok

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, teh Gul is IEE. Since when are IEEs not random and fun-loving? Maybe like an Fi-IEE or something. But "fun" is not strictly Fe -- Fe is just the expression and recognition of emotion. Ne is also a "fun" element -- novelty, randomness, etc., are all Ne. I mean, come on, how many IEE comedians are there? (hint: lots)

ThePirate makes some good points, despite all the acrimony (which I don't share, by the way -- the Gul is cool, people! Not like all the over-serious jackasses who populate this place and whose names I won't mention. ). Gul, there's no way you're base-Si. Si is very grounded and in-the-moment; you're flighty and off-in-space.

Furthermore, the very fact that you can't decide on a type is something I've seen mostly in Intuitive types, and primarily NFs (who don't have strong Ti to help them categorize themselves). Your Ne allows you to see all the possible ways a certain type might fit you, but without strong Ti to help sort out which one does fit you best, you have difficulty coming to a final conclusion. The EP-ness probably doesn't help either. A sensing type would be less aware of all the possibilities.

As for Isha, even if she is LII, Supervision can be a very harmonious relationship, if the subtypes are right. Subtypes are what makes or breaks a Supervision relationship, moreso than any other intertype relation, I think. Gul, from my observations you are probably C-IEE, and Isha is probably H-LII (explaining the resemblance to SLI), or N-SLI (explaining the resemblance to LII). So either you dualize on base-type, or subtype.

It still bewilders me that people can think of you as any type but IEE. The IEEs they know must be very serious and boring people compared to the IEEs I know...
    Quaero Veritas.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    I will say that I have called him out for being an unhealthy IEE, his behaviors remind me of mine when I was much, much younger, had low self-esteem, and felt it imperative to be accepted by people. I also used alot of Fe - as a facade to draw attention to myself to get recognition or praise.
    What I find immensely amusing is you remind me of a younger self of about four years ago, when I was needlessly combative and focused on my Mission (and yes, getting acceptance and approval: I had a group of friends and otherwise who would egg me on and think I was the shit) before I really just got sick of it all (much to that group's chagrin).

Anyway, as you know, I have little respect for you, and frequently take the piss out of you. Maybe you noticed? Furthermore it seems we both are "my hated younger self" to the other, so I don't particularly see the unpleasantness ceasing*, and it honestly likely has little to do with Socionics.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    What I find immensely amusing is you remind me of a younger self of about four years ago, when I was needlessly combative and focused on my Mission (and yes, getting acceptance and approval: I had a group of friends and otherwise who would egg me on and think I was the shit) before I really just got sick of it all (much to that group's chagrin).

Anyway, as you know, I have little respect for you, and frequently take the piss out of you. Maybe you noticed? Furthermore it seems we both are "my hated younger self" to the other, so I don't particularly see the unpleasantness ceasing*, and it honestly likely has little to do with Socionics.
    I think you want people to figure you out. HUGE 4.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post

lol frequently take the piss out of me? you give yourself way too much credit.

as usual your perceptions are off.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not