I have a feeling you are an ESTJ...
    in other words you have no idea how to type properly

also please do not capitalize your j's and p's

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't ie. "ENTp" or "ISFj" socionics.com names? Did this naming system exist before that website? I would have thought it would always have been ILE and ESI, esp. before they MBTItized it.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I don't have any pictures of you, so I keep getting feelings of ISTp or ESTj because of strong
    Well I mean it's fairly apparent to me that polikujm is Fe/Ti valuing.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the idea of Fe is kind of distorted in this community (or shall I say: not thought through enough?). I have a feeling that the reasons for thinking of me as Fe valuing aren't the right reasons. Again, I naturally hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I don't have any pictures of him either.
    I have pictures in this thread.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that I think about it, I believe that what has been mistaken for high levels of Fe by some newfolk here, is quite misleading, in that I actually believe what you're seeing is rather a lack of Fi. Because Fe is something much different (if you are Fi ignoring, you will come across in some regards how ILIs with weak Fi can.) But the ILIs Fi truly does not go ignored: as it is a primary state they are in, and a reaction toward emotional ideas, which takes a similar form to Fe-ignoring. The idea that ILIs are similar to EIEs in an emotional regard is certainly untruthful, but they both nevertheless have their lack of Fi. However, there is also a stark comparison, I think between ILIs and Fi dominants of the forum. An air of calmness and respect, although might be what ILIs tend toward, is certainly more perfected and valued in a higher regard by the Fi dominant types, being drawn into having more consistent standards, like always focusing on conduct and wanting to make little ethical mistakes. Where as Fe I believe to be another animal, namely one that values perceiving of emotions, expressions, participation in the underlying mood (and is not required of silliness or misconduct.) The line of Fe/Fi is much more blurred in the NT spectrum (same with levels of Se/Si), so one should depend on more ego factors I would think, (and it is best not to treat Fe and Fi as opposites, because they represent two different ethical ideas, and are basically on separate spectrums). Simply put, ie. Alphas and Gammas are not opposites of each other; they are only the most different to each other, as are Beta and Delta. To conclude, I believe a decent comparison to ILIs Fi levels would be that of ILEs Fi levels. In this we can see that ILEs generally fall short of most things related to Fi, and turned the other way, ILIs generally fall short of most things related to Fe. This is usually obvious, on a place like this forum, only if you are really searching for it, because these levels are low to begin with. To say ILEs are total Fe animals, you clearly have some misunderstanding of Fe, and I naturally have skepticism when someone says they believe they know someones HA, when it is clearly not presented in the first place. Clubs like NT, NF, ST, SF will always have some uncertainty as to which type exists within the club, because they all have the same strengths and weaknesses.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    also please do not capitalize your j's and p's
    lol what's the problem with that? Let's not be silly.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think capitalizing all letters is fine. This is a Socionics forum.

Maritsa, did I mention that I get ISTP for almost all to all reinin dichotomies? (not that its necessarily a good system to use.)

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    lol what's the problem with that? Let's not be silly.
    thank god I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did this the other day, when I was considering again the possibility of my being an introvert (as I am never able to justify).

Leaving out the E/I, N/S, T/F, P/J due to possible bias, the ones that were easy choices for me were:

Static IM types are*: ILE, LII, LSI, SLE, SEE, ESI, EII, IEE.
    Yielding types are SEI, ILE, IEI, SLE, ESI, LIE, EII, LSE
    Democratic types are all Alpha and Gamma types, namely, LII, ESE, SEI, ILE, ESI, LIE, ILI, SEE
    The constructivist IM types are*: ILE, ESE, EIE, SLE, ILI, ESI, SLI, and EII.
    Carefree types are SEI, ILE, LSI, EIE, ESI, LIE, SLI, IEE
    Merry types are all Alpha and Beta types, namely, LII, ESE, SEI, ILE, LSI, EIE, IEI, SLE.
    Judicious types are all Alpha and Delta types, namely, LII, ESE, SEI, ILE, EII, LSE, SLI, IEE.

With that many it's fairly easy to see the one that's constant. I don't see the dichotomies as highly useful for typing, although interesting.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Forget the tally chart for now. What you want to do is read up on the dichotomies, and look for some you are very sure about. Don't just assume you're sure about all of them, but chose the few that really stick out.

Two that really stick out for me (upon reading the descriptions at wikisocion) are "carefree" and "result." So I know, there is a pretty good chance versus all the other possibilities, that I am a carefree and a result type.
    Now your self-typing is ILI. Farsighted and Process. Are you still convinced of your method? Are you still "using Reinin dichotomies effectively"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12