Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILIs-INTps idealising their love interest

Last edited by sarinana; 01-28-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're ESFj and the guy you're with is likely not INTp, unless you're having conflict relations.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    you're ESFj and the guy you're with is likely not INTp, unless you're having conflict relations.
    like you know us... :wink:

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    is this typical? I am with an INTp and I don't see what he sees in me. One example: "your a clever girl" I hear this pretty much everyday from him.
    yeah it's typical I guess. and not really surprising of course if you are duals.

clever girl... maybe because ESFp's have much life experience or sometimes are witty/quick.

Creepy-male

is this typical? I am with an INTp and I don't see what he sees in me. One example: "your a clever girl" I hear this pretty much everyday from him.
    Hmmm are you sure your with an INTp.... is it at all possible your mistyping them; no offense but SLI and ILI's are likely to seem a little bit more dull, dry, and boring than most types. Its because of the combination of their objective thinking dicotomy and their Ixxp tempermant. People that like SLI and ILI's type find them relaxing and level headed.

Onto idealizing romantic relationships... this at first glance smells of ... Extroverted Intuition is keen to see the potentials in things and possibilities. It also seems romantic relationships is more of a or thing leading me to target EII, IEE, and IEI as the types to do this. The EIE seems like they would to, but the Extroversion and Judging makes them quick to size up the reality of their relationships. For clarification I think the xNFp in IEI and IEE makes them prone to being more whimsical and fanciful, meaning they can get lost in the idealizations of something and forget the grounded reality..... and the EII is likely to see the potentials and possibilities in something, specifically of issues.

At any rate I don't picture the INTp as idealizing romantic relationships, I mean they probably do it in some ways, all types have idealizations and fantasies, but the INTp doesn't seem like they are prone to losing their cool calm objectivity anytime soon. They are in sync with and - they are likely to look for the facts of the relationship.... and then size these up to creative a broad insightful perspective on their relationship... this concept seems a bit more objective than what you are refering to... INTp's are also very unsure about ... its there PoLR.... so they tend to try to hold back their emotional expressions because it makes them self-concious.

The reality of a relationship with a stereotypical INTp is usually based around the INTp taking on the role of being calm, well-centered, level headed, and a bit scattered/whimsical/spacey.... but a little lacking on the emotional expressivity. Their dual (is it SEE?) helps engage their feeling side without overwhelming/pressuring/criticizing them and the dual in return appreciates their calm relaxed demeanor and clear objective insights.
    Last edited by male; 12-21-2009 at 07:08 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Hmmm are you sure your with an INTp.... is it at all possible your mistyping them; no offense but SLI and ILI's are likely to seem a little bit more dull, dry, and boring than most types. Its because of the combination of their objective thinking dicotomy and their Ixxp tempermant. People that like SLI and ILI's type find them relaxing and level headed.

Onto idealizing romantic relationships... this at first glance smells of ... Extroverted Intuition is keen to see the potentials in things and possibilities. It also seems romantic relationships is more of a or thing leading me to target EII, IEE, and IEI as the types to do this. The EIE seems like they would to, but the Extroversion and Judging makes them quick to size up the reality of their relationships. For clarification I think the xNFp in IEI and IEE makes them prone to being more whimsical and fanciful, meaning they can get lost in the idealizations of something and forget the grounded reality..... and the EII is likely to see the potentials and possibilities in something, specifically of issues.

At any rate I don't picture the INTp as idealizing romantic relationships, I mean they probably do it in some ways, all types have idealizations and fantasies, but the INTp doesn't seem like they are prone to losing their cool calm objectivity anytime soon. They are in sync with and - they are likely to look for the facts of the relationship.... and then size these up to creative a broad insightful perspective on their relationship... this concept seems a bit more objective than what you are refering to... INTp's are also very unsure about ... its there PoLR.... so they tend to try to hold back their emotional expressions because it makes them self-concious.

The reality of a relationship with a stereotypical INTp is usually based around the INTp taking on the role of being calm, well-centered, level headed, and a bit scattered/whimsical/spacey.... but a little lacking on the emotional expressivity. Their dual (is it SEE?) helps engage their feeling side without overwhelming/pressuring/criticizing them and the dual in return appreciates their calm relaxed demeanor and clear objective insights.
    He doesn't show any Fe...
    Last edited by sarinana; 01-28-2010 at 04:28 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He kinda calms me down.
    duals calm eachother down. you feel protected and releaved of complexes.

Creepy-male

He doesn't show any Fe...he just tells me something nice every new day. Like I always hear things like "you are the best". Or yesterday I was having a bad day and I was just ranting about it and later I felt ashamed and told him I am sorry. Then he replied "More I talk or hang with a girl I like, the more I like her... if something really bad doesn't happen... So what I mean here...with every day I like you more and more... Doesn't matter if you have a good or a bad day..." well he is more than nice.
    He kinda calms me down.
    Well whatever, you know best.... I can't call you wrong; you obviously know this person way better than I do, so really all I have licsence to comment on is the theory, and I know that REALLY well.

By the theory I know what kinds of behavior is typical for an INTp and idealizing their love interest, while possible, is usually not typical... especially comparable to other types. That behavior is much more likely to be indicative of other types.

I am glad you like this guy, thats not the issue, its the validity of your claims concerning the theory that I question.... two different realms, that I will ask you not to confuse (cause it seems like you are dangerously close to confusing the two).

Anyways thats my peice.