Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    With ILI I know, it's 50/50 on religious beliefs. Rather, it might be more accurate to say that they're 50/50 on theistic beliefs as most (all the ones I know) have given it thorough thought and realize that religion is complete bullshit.

LIE I would imagine are less likely to have theistic beliefs because of their strong inclination toward empiricism.

All alpha NTs I know are atheists.
    I'm atheist, you can alter your statistics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I'm atheist, you can alter your statistics.
    I don't get this 'atheist' thing. tell me what you think it means to be an atheist?

To me it is almost the same as identifying as being a skeptic.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and Waddlesworth hates skeptics.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waddlesworth View Post
    I don't get this 'atheist' thing. tell me what you think it means to be an atheist?

To me it is almost the same as identifying as being a skeptic.
    A rough definition would be:

I don't believe that a God creature, created our universe and our planet, but the big bang did that. I don't believe in a heaven or after life. Being dead is sleeping forever. Nobody is watching me from the sky. Nobody intervenes with the universe, prayers don't work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A rough definition would be:

I don't believe that a God creature, created our universe and our planet, but the big bang did that. I don't believe in a heaven or after life. Being dead is sleeping forever. Nobody is watching me from the sky. Nobody intervenes with the universe, prayers don't work.
    But what brought about the big bang? Did you see the big bang happen? Was the 'big bang' conclusively proven to be the absolute origin or everything, if it happened at all? How do you know no one is watching you from the sky or some other place, have you checked? Do you believe in parallel universes?

So have you ever prayed? How do you know prayers don't work? Were your prayers worthy of being answered? Were your prayers in line with higher laws, or were they selfish?

If you believe that humans evolved from apes, can you prove this? Has the 'missing link' ever been discovered?

See, as far as objectivity is concerned, your beliefs are no different from religious belief because they are not based upon personal experience.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But what brought about the big bang? Did you see the big bang happen? Was the 'big bang' conclusively proven to be the absolute origin or everything, if it happened at all? How do you know no one is watching you from the sky or some other place, have you checked? Do you believe in parallel universes?

So have you ever prayed? How do you know prayers don't work? Were your prayers worthy of being answered? Were your prayers in line with higher laws, or were they selfish?

If you believe that humans evolved from apes, can you prove this? Has the 'missing link' ever been discovered?

See, as far as objectivity is concerned, your beliefs are no different from religious belief because they are not based upon personal experience.
    Big bang can be concluded from looking at the movement of the stars, they originate from one point. Yes God could have made the big bang, but that's not what the bible sais. Ofcourse there can be a god, it's just very unlikely and unnecessary.

Actually they have tested whether prayers worked. With 2 groups of sick people, 1 group got prayed for the other not. etc.

Human have not evolved from apes, they have evolved from the same ancesters. You are not totally informed on evolution but I'm not on religeon so... '-)

Yes atheism is a belief. It's just simply following where the evidence points. If the police worked like religious people they would catch the wrong persons, fortunately the police works with evidence, which is more reliable. Hope you get the picture. Belief is unreliable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big bang can be concluded from looking at the movement of the stars, they originate from one point. Yes God could have made the big bang, but that's not what the bible sais. Ofcourse there can be a god, it's just very unlikely and unnecessary.
    Did you study and reach this conclusion on your own? No. Are you capable of observing and making these calculations yourself? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Actually they have tested whether prayers worked. With 2 groups of sick people, 1 group got prayed for the other not. etc.
    As though "They" can be trusted. I have prayed and have found it has worked. Through this I also received a much deeper comprehension of what prayer truly is, whereas anyone that would create a study like that obviously has no interest in doing.

Quote Originally Posted by jarno
    Human have not evolved from apes, they have evolved from the same ancesters. You are not totally informed on evolution but I'm not on religeon so... '-)
    I am quite informed on evolution, likely as much as you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dictionary
    ape
      /eɪp/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [eyp] Show IPA noun, verb, aped, ap⋅ing.
    Use ape in a Sentence
    See web results for ape
    See images of ape
    –noun
    1. any of a group of anthropoid primates characterized by long arms, a broad chest, and the absence of a tail, comprising the family Pongidae (great ape), which includes the chimpanzee, gorilla, and orangutan, and the family Hylobatidae (lesser ape), which includes the gibbon and siamang.
    2. (loosely) any primate except humans.
    3. an imitator; mimic.
    4. Informal. a big, ugly, clumsy person.
    If you would prefer the statement that 'there is no proof humans evolved from primates' we can use that. My argument stands.

Quote Originally Posted by jarno
    Yes atheism is a belief. It's just simply following where the evidence points. If the police worked like religious people they would catch the wrong persons, fortunately the police works with evidence, which is more reliable. Hope you get the picture. Belief is unreliable.
    you don't follow your own evidence though, so it means you are not really even thinking or understanding for yourself. You are merely relying on evidence given by presumed authorities(which can be lying to you deliberately).

Religious people and atheist people are pretty much the same thing in the sense that they rely on information not gained from their own experience, but religion teaches scriptures written by spiritual people, which is different than atheism because atheism rejects this, often violently(i.e. communism).

If you took the time to RESPECT the Bible, the Koran, the Torah and countless other spiritual texts studied by the religious, you just may learn that there is something SPIRITUAL in there which teaches HIDDEN KNOWLEDGE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see where functions could have an influence on belief structures.

For me, I don't see anything wrong with the holistic 'copout' answer "all paths to God/spiritual growth/enlightenment," which is probably talking. I understand the importance of fellowship, charity, personal development, and the pursuance of a greater understanding, and I feel that I can and should partake in those activities myself.

Now, my (atheist) ENTj brother doesn't seem to comprehend why I'd spend time with a group that pursues those activities (e.g. a Christian church group) if my beliefs don't exactly align with theirs. I wonder if that's partially due to a leading , which would want my activities and affiliations to mesh and make sense.. ?

oh man
    IEE-Ne | ENFP | 4w3-6w7-9w1 so/sp/sx | sCoA|I| | Sanguine/Choleric | Benevolent Inventor

birthday frog wishes you a happy birthday
    birthday frog will give you presents and a card on your birthday
    birthday frog is Fe incarnate