Thread: Romancing Styles for ISTp-ENFp, INFj-ESTj dualities

Hybrid View

Creepy-male

How about "helpless" instead of "dependent"? I find things like forms and applications and oh god whatever else endlessly disorienting.

Dependent, naive in wordly affairs, expects work-related [I'm not working just yet] and emotional support from a woman. Involuntarily emphasizes his lack of attention, lost abilities, inadequacy for real life struggles [since these are apparently involuntary... I can't comment ]. In women respects experience [realism also works] and responsiveness to his problems.

Bolded bits definitely apply for me.

A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    How about "helpless" instead of "dependent"? I find things like forms and applications and oh god whatever else endlessly disorienting.

Dependent, naive in worldly affairs, expects work-related [I'm not working just yet] and emotional support from a woman. Involuntarily emphasizes his lack of attention, lost abilities, inadequacy for real life struggles [since these are apparently involuntary... I can't comment ]. In women respects experience [realism also works] and responsiveness to his problems.

Bolded bits definitely apply for me.
    Guess I'm starting to question my type. Forms don't phase me. I can't really speak on emotional support because my only experience is being the one dispensing it (so much so that in all of my relationships it's just felt weird when the roles have been reversed), lack of attention can be a problem long term as I find it damned hard to keep interest levels up unless something randomly provokes a resurgence. I tend to help people with "business-y" related stuff, like loan applications, tenders, contracts, business plans.

Hrmm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    Guess I'm starting to question my type. Forms don't phase me. I can't really speak on emotional support because my only experience is being the one dispensing it (so much so that in all of my relationships it's just felt weird when the roles have been reversed), lack of attention can be a problem long term as I find it damned hard to keep interest levels up unless something randomly provokes a resurgence. I tend to help people with "business-y" related stuff, like loan applications, tenders, contracts, business plans.

Hrmm.
    could you possibly be ENTp? My ex was good at the list of things you mentioned and frequently dispensed advice on those things. Or maybe you're just a super-ENFp with abilities most ENFps lack. I mean, there are ENFp lawyers and bankers and engineers, so it shouldn't surprise me. But I am surprised every time I meet an ENFp with one of those jobs. Amazing they can do that all day w/o their head exploding (or maybe it's just that I'm particularly bad at those subjects). But we're all really different despite sharing a type.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    could you possibly be ENTp? My ex was good at the list of things you mentioned and frequently dispensed advice on those things. Or maybe you're just a super-ENFp with abilities most ENFps lack. I mean, there are ENFp lawyers and bankers and engineers, so it shouldn't surprise me. But I am surprised every time I meet an ENFp with one of those jobs. Amazing they can do that all day w/o their head exploding (or maybe it's just that I'm particularly bad at those subjects). But we're all really different despite sharing a type.
    Yeah... I'm really starting to think so. I think maybe in the past I over compensated which made me appear [at least to me,] NeFi.

Interesting!

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ssmall, you're amazing. I might go read it again later and look for things to improve, but for now I just wanted to say that.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah... I'm really starting to think so. I think maybe in the past I over compensated which made me appear [at least to me,] NeFi.

Interesting!
    well, if it helps at all, you seem like a huge douchebag.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    I just don't understand how you could be IEE and write something like that. Where is the Fi?
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just don't understand how you could be IEE and write something like that. Where is the Fi?
    Obviously hiding behind a bad mood. I think his dog died.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know another delta NF on the forum who seems to share similar thoughts . . .
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    Oh yeah, that helps heaps. Thanks for the insight dipshit.

Creepy-male

Oh yeah, that helps heaps. Thanks for the insight dipshit.

EDIT

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I was primarily thinking of our conversation about the dark side of IEEs years ago. If you are not an IEE, I am not either. Now do you really want me to reveal what exactly we discussed and ruin the reputation of IEEs forever? :wink:
    Now I'm curious! Anyway, surely I've already ruined the reputation of all IEEs forever.