TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post
    Please explain this better.
    Don't bother. Attempts by liberals to logically defend their views almost inevitably end up as nothing more than straw men, name-calling, and character assassination.

Saying that my factually based global warming stance occupies the same moral altitude as the racial views of anti-integration southerners is a classic example of this kind of behavior.

No, I'm not a racist. Yes, global warming is false. No, I'm not uneducated.

Global warming proponents: In twenty years I will be LMAO @ U.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Don't bother. Attempts by liberals to logically defend their views almost inevitably end up as nothing more than straw men, name-calling, and character assassination.

Saying that my factually based global warming stance occupies the same moral altitude as the racial views of anti-integration southerners is a classic example of this kind of behavior.

No, I'm not a racist. Yes, global warming is false. No, I'm not uneducated.
    Pay attention to the sign in the back. You sure that's not you? Wait damn, he's hiding...

It matters little whether "global warming" doomsday scenarios are true or false(doomsday scenarios of all sorts hopefully won't happen and we'll still be around in 20 years), since in 20 years people will still be studying climate change and there will still be people that will say the world will end in 50 and others who will say that that there is no need to regulate our industries. Never the less there is real effort on efficiency being done and if not in the good ole USA, somewhere where there is the political will to make such advancements despite rhetorical shenanigans on both sides.

At least much of American industry is smart enough to know that efficiency and conservation aren't bad for business even if the doomsday scenario are largely fantasy.