Hybrid View

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I don't like the doomsday rhetoric of the climate change group but deregulation is not a solution nor is the Michelle Malkin crowd likely to create a pragmatic solutions to more efficient industry. The ideologues on both side will simply create a situation of the most ineffective compromise.
    Indeed.

I'd say "unfortunately, I agree with you" or "regrettably, I agree with you", but

I'm realizing that even the mention of unfortune or regret is simply a matter of nuance in terms of how things actually work.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Global warming is nonsense. Nothing needs to be done because there is no problem.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Global warming is nonsense. Nothing needs to be done because there is no problem.
    Why don't you tell me how you really feel, stop with this pretense so as to not hurt my feelings!
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Why don't you tell me how you really feel, stop with this pretense so as to not hurt my feelings!
    Nice.

Anyway, this global cooling period sure is nice. Last year, we had the worst winter in a hundred years.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Nice.

Anyway, this global cooling period sure is nice. Last year, we had the worst winter in a hundred years.
    Why rely on scientists to calculate thousands of years worth of data when you can just go outside, say "it's fucking cold" and be done with it? Global warming solved!

the data is right here:
    Observed Temperature & Greenhouse Gas Trends | Pew Center on Global Climate Change: The Pew Center on Global Climate Change

Yes, there was a dip in temperature in the 1940s, but when you look at the broader trend.... temperatures are rising quite rapidly. These points you're all bringing up have been proven wrong again and again.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    the data is right here:
    The main point is that the data can NOT be assumed to be "right here".

It's likely to be hidden, obfuscated, twisted, cherrypicked, deleted, cooked, and finally graphed in various "creative" ways to get the results desired by people who need there to be a "climate crisis".

Even if the front figures who present them (like f.i. high school teachers) themselves may be thoroughly honest.
    Last edited by ragnar; 11-25-2009 at 01:29 AM. Reason: sp
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does there have to be something more to it? Why can't the data be right, the scientists be honest, and people be responsible for climate change? What's difficult to accept about that? Of all the scientists that are part of the big scientific organizations, why do they all share the same opinions on climate change?
    The saddest ESFj