Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Niffweed appreication thread

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    The problem with some people in this thread is that they don't know when they have it so good. It's one thing for someone to pick faults with you, but it's quite another to gang up on someone who does so, with added venom and hypocrisy to boot.
    who are you referring to subt?

i hope it's not me, since i don't even know the first thing about niffweed. the only thing i know is what i mention.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    who are you referring to subt?

i hope it's not me, since i don't even know the first thing about niffweed. the only thing i know is what i mention.
    Not you to the same extent as others, but I am surprised that the whole thread seems to have passed you by. You are only culpable in that you apparently found FDG's comment funny, but what he said was probably merely a harmless 'joke'.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is a SLE typing really a complete mystery to you?
    whoa....peace brother...i'm not picking on the guy.....just kinda pointing out his crypticism. but, it sounds like you have an idea...whatcha trying to say?

ILE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not you to the same extent as others, but I am surprised that the whole thread seems to have passed you by. You are only culpable in that you apparently found FDG's comment funny, but what he said was probably merely a harmless 'joke'.
    hmmmm. well my intention is not to be part of a gang. when i mention his interaction with me, it's kinda like pointing out what is the big deal? like, i wasn't offended by niffweed, more amused. get it?

ILE

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    hmmmm. well my intention is not to be part of a gang. when i mention his interaction with me, it's kinda like pointing out what is the big deal? like, i wasn't offended by niffweed, more amused. get it?
    Yes, I think so...you seem sincere, which is the important thing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Not really.

i'm sorry you don't see it how i see it. i will say that i wasn't thinking about the thread as a whole. i don't have anything against niffweed.

ILE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I think so...you seem sincere, which is the important thing.

thanks...i'll think more about the whole thread next time.

ILE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was an asshole to me many, many times. I don't give a shit about ganging up on people, I'm just stating my opinion of him, which was probably already well-known.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Cyclops

Another issue with the guy is that he has temper tantrums and is rude, yet when other people behave that way he uses it as a reason to ban them or question their types.

I also remember him taking issue with consentingadult talking about him, yet at same time niffweed talks about other people in a personal fashion.

When someone is rude or obnoxious to another then it's not uncommon to respond in kind. He's said some stuff about Joy for instance so it's not unsuprising if discojoe could respond as he has here, but then I live in the real world.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    He was an asshole to me many, many times. I don't give a shit about ganging up on people, I'm just stating my opinion of him, which was probably already well-known.
    then why state your opinion at all?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Another issue with the guy is that he has temper tantrums and is rude, yet when other people behave that way he uses it as a reason to ban them or question their types.

I also remember him taking issue with consentingadult talking about him, yet at same time niffweed talks about other people in a personal fashion.

When someone is rude or obnoxious to another then it's not uncommon to respond in kind. He's said some stuff about Joy for instance so it's not unsuprising if discojoe could respond as he has here, but then I live in the real world.
    But why don't people act appropriately, rather than act how niffweed supposedly acts? If a self-acclaimed 'healthy' person immitates an 'unhealthy' person, in what sense is the 'healthy' person healthy?

At least niffweed beats you all at his own game, while you all lose at yours.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.....the law of karma applies.

and so it shall apply to those who apply it.

'nuff said?

ILE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then why state your opinion at all?
    To express my feeling of disgust towards him. There is no rational reason.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

To express my feeling of disgust towards him. There is no rational reason.
    I suppose you have no rational reason for not sending niffweed a PM instead of expressing your opinions here either? Unless perhaps you wanted your widely-known opinions to be even more widely-known?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose you have no rational reason for not sending niffweed a PM instead of expressing your opinions here either? Unless perhaps you wanted your widely-known opinions to be even more widely-known?
    This is a topic about Niffweed's appreciation, and I am expressing myself against any form of appreciation towards him. You're nitpicking now, you know exactly well what I'm doing. You might disagree with me, of course.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a fundamentally mean-spirited and unscrupulous dick and I disagree vehemently with some of his socionics as well as his mis-characterization of me, but he's also done a lot for the community, writes high-quality information and I generally like him.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This is a topic about Niffweed's appreciation, and I am expressing myself against any form of appreciation towards him. You're nitpicking now, you know exactly well what I'm doing. You might disagree with me, of course.
    So not only have your comments not been appreciative, you said that "I hope he'll die soon" while claiming that you are not ganging up on him. You could merely have said why you did not appreciate niffweed rather than voice what vile things you hope will happen to him.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not really much of an honor. I don't think niffweed will feel any sort of honor, seeing that he reads this. So I must persist to draw something meaningful this evening:

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So not only have your comments not been appreciative, you said that "I hope he'll die soon" while claiming that you are not ganging up on him. You could merely have said why you did not appreciate niffweed rather than voice what vile things you hope will happen to him.
    I could, but I didn't want to

And you seriously want to know why niffweed might then call you an ESxp?
    I don't want to know why. I know why. But it's an idiotic reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd say nifweed needs an esfp to whip him into shape. and i mean that in the nicest possible way
    today is a gift, that's why its called the present

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    lol I can only imagine how that friendship would go... or not go.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    i'd say nifweed needs an esfp to whip him into shape. and i mean that in the nicest possible way

i think you are on to something sammy. for sure!!

ILE

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You misspelled appreciation! That is pretty embarrassing...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    Mistakes happen, don't sweat it.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Creepy-Cyclops

But why don't people act appropriately, rather than act how niffweed supposedly acts? If a self-acclaimed 'healthy' person immitates an 'unhealthy' person, in what sense is the 'healthy' person healthy?
    Well, you're defining what's an appropriate response here, apparently. Although I can see what you are saying, I think, it doesn't mean that others will - or rather - others will agree with you. For instance, it could be said that you are turning the other cheek, others may take the attitude of an eye for an eye. Now, it can also be said that it's unhealthy not to respond, take for example, someone calling another an asshole, he can be the better man as maybe you seem to say, and not respond, or he can be the better man AND respond - because, to not to, could mean that s/he is allowing bullying to occur, also, they could respond for a million other reasons, maybe even because it's necessary to teach the guy a lesson - if he can't learn how to deal with people on the internet, maybe it will help him to prepare how to deal with people in the real world where it will matter more. Of course everything i've said could equally be applied in the real world also.

So maybe a healthy person should respond, maybe they shouldn't - I suppose it depends on the person, the circumstances, and some other thing as to whether responding is the healthy option.

My last post still stands also.

At least niffweed beats you all at his own game, while you all lose at yours.
    What games that? I didn't realise I was playing a game, i've merely stated some factual information on the guy, i've also stated that I think he's a looser and a coward - I think I supplied my reasons for stating that, if I didn't they're probably easy to work out.

Besides, don't you think this is spending too much on this arsehole? Keep in mind that I do think he's an arsehole, due to how he conducts himself, but not least because he's called me it more than a few times in situations where I can't respond and apparently no provocation - I might not necessarily start something, but what's wrong with finishing it if someone else starts looking to rain down a bunch of nonesense upon you - and I have to say others, of which I do think it's worth standing up for others also, which you may or may not agree with, but ..... I also showed some compassion too in my previous posts, hoping he'd "improve", so it's not all bad you see

I can't speak for anyone else, but I hope i've answered you're question/point(s)/post sufficiently, if not, I will try not to cry, but the tears, who knows when they will come

And what would be the point of that? He just posts private conversations in public anyway.

-------------------------------------

I thought i'd also add, that IRL, I would just pretty much avoid people like that, but it's not always possible on the internet, like a small community, so as I said earlier, I do see your point to an extent about not responding as he does, but then, I think i've been OK, rational enough, maybe the arsehole response (sort of like a fire with fire thing - I think it and i've gave plenty of reasons, however he's called me it with no apparent reasons, he's just, I dunno, miserable).

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    Typos are not the same as misspellings.

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no. sweat it.
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12