Thread: Identity crisis

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I would never have believed it, but I am really glad that Eidos called me unstable, rude, with weak feeling out of control, etc. I can relate to that. If that means I have weak , even better. I haven't gotten my hopes up yet, but I like the fact that Eidos pointed it out.
    ack! Why would you "get your hopes up" about having weak Fi? Sounds like you have a bit of an agenda here (something that has been pointed out more than once, by several different people). Do you want to find out what type you ARE, or do you just want us to support you into disillusioning yourself into being the type you WANT to be? What would the point of that be?

I don't know if you're a feeler or not, you very well could be. However, since you seem to be so strongly against this idea, I think it would help everyone trying to help you with your type if you could lay out your reasons for this. Why are you so opposed to being associated with ethical over logical? Examples and clearly articulated reasons would be GREAT for figuring this part out.
    lol. I'm an optimist!. There's always hope.
    The problem is - this is the only thing I was sure about. I was very confused, but T>F was my only cornerstone. I'll try to think of some typical event in my life, but I don't have any ideas right now.

I'm analysing Reinin Dichotomies. When I finish, I'll post them. I know they are not the best way to dermine a type, but there are so many of them, it might actually help.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm...well...
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kristiina,

I think you may have missed Diana's point - namely, that if you have hopes about having or not an specific function, you are already diminishing the chances for an accurate typing.

Anyway, from your table, I think we can safely ignore ESFj and ENTp -- you're not dominant, and you're not alpha; and not Erkki's conflictor if he's INTp. Taken at face value, it would indicate ENFj, which does explain a few things even though I don't think it's obvious.

Do you really think you're Victim rather than Aggressor?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Do you really think you're Victim rather than Aggressor?
    I think I could be either one, but I prefer Victim. I could play both parts, I could act like an aggressor, if it works for the other person, but I don't get anything from it. I try to dominate people but I dislike the people I'm able to dominate, because it demostrates their weak mind. I act like a strong-willed person, but I want the guy to act stronger than that and dominate me is many ways. If he can't, not even a little, he's not worth me.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, I excluded alpha and delta quadra. And I excluded ENFj and INFp based on personality descriptions.
    Why I'm not ENFj
    ENFjs are the self-sacrificial martyrs of the types; they love to laugh, and they love to make people happy. No other type can offer love, loyalty, and support in such a way as the ENFj. ...
    ENFjs love people, especially children. ...
    They seek to enrich and admire other people for their abilities, and are willing to support them in that. ENFjs look up to and admire those that they respect. Although, while some ENFjs could look down on those who do not fit above their own social standing, most show sympathy and support for those who they find to be at a disadvantage, and want to help them.
    Why I'm not INFp
    At their core, INFps cannot bear being disliked – they would rather die beloved than live despised. In social situations, they tend to take on the role of a pacifist – averting conflict, to the point of putting themselves in the middle of an argument. They rarely like taking sides unless they truly believe they are acting nobly. ...
    A spurned INFp will not usually concentrate on ways to hurt the offender. They are fundamentally gentle souls. ...
    A key word for this type is “empathy.” INFp children will often be the ones to ask their parents why they did not give the homeless man his spare change, or why that woman is crying. They are quite nurturing as parents – often because they can so clearly remember their own parent’s insensitivity. They are remarkably affectionate, but will never smother their children.
    I'm down to 6 types: ENTj, ESTp, ESFp, INTp, ISTj, ISFj

Why I'm not ESFp
    ESFps don't plan things long-term and might get into trouble because of that. <-- (Doesn't sound like me at all.)
    love is passion<--(For me, love is true trust and friendship. And beneficial for both parties.)
    They use present tense<--(not me. I use the future tense, or at least long-term. "I usually haven't done that", "I will try to..." etc)
    When talking, ESFp are fast, sharp, straightforward<-- (I only agree with the last one.)
    easily adopts with new situations<-- (My future vision is thrown off-track with new developments and it takes me a little time to add the new facts to my understanding of the future.)
    good with people, even in conflict situation <---(hehheheee. not me.)
    Life is a fascinating moment <--- (naaah! Life is a stream of events that all influence the future.)
    ESFp is not prejudiced, is very open-minded and tolerant <---(hehehee... NO!)
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a type and I'm doubting socionics altogether.
    Socionics doesn't feed my Ti, no matter how much I try to really understand it. The patterns are weak. The facts are inconclusive...

I give up. I have no type.

My strengths: my own logical system (Ti), my goals (Se), me not giving up on my goals (Se) and my ability to get new ideas from that personal system (Ti?). My curiosity to know details selectively to make my system work (Ti), my vision of the future that changes as I get now data (Ni)
    Weaknesses: my lack of ability to understand others (weak Fi) and I don't want to understand them, my lack of ability to make others feel a certain way (weak Fe) and inability to control my own facial expressions (weak Fe), my inability to see the future outcome (Weak Ne), my inability to notice my surroundings (weak Se)

One guess ESTp:

--->I don't care when people tell me anything bad about my so PoLR doesn't work.
    --->The description doesn't describe me, I don't care, I guess I'm special.
    --->I'm trying to be cheerful and fun, so could be my hidden agenda. Just like it can be my Role, and since I'm not very good at it, it could be just about anything but either one of the EGO block functions.
    --->I am a feeler, according to some people who have never met me. So what.
    --->I don't notice my surroundings, because I'm contemplating nearly all the time. Se in EGO block seems weird, but oh well... It's only the first function anyway.
    --->It doesn't matter that I'm clearly j, in stead of p. But no one can even agree on wheather it means anything at all.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kristiina,

According to your own listing now, ISTj makes much more sense than ESTp.

As for the surroundings, if you're talking about your very immediate surroundings, like things on your desk, pieces of furniture as you walk, etc, that's more than .

An ISXj should also have strongish , but if it's only your 8th function and if you're not a sensory subtype, perhaps it could be weakish.

If you were ESTp it would be the 7th function and that seems less likely.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234