Page 134 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,360 of 6489

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's January and its the first snow we've seen all winter. In like a lamb, out like a lion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaein View Post
    It's January and its the first snow we've seen all winter. In like a lamb, out like a lion.
    In our "very cold" Russia in this year at the beginning of 20s days of December we had weather and view of streets like in autumn: sun, grass, plus temp. Stable snow have appeared since ~24 December.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    In our "very cold" Russia in this year at the beginning of 20s days of December we had weather and view of streets like in autumn: sun, grass, plus temp. Stable snow have appeared since ~24 December.
    Its on my bucket list to experience a full Russian winter. while wearing Ohio weather gear

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Its on my bucket list to experience a full Russian winter. while wearing Ohio weather gear
    Typical winter in main/central part is not very cold. Only on a short time it may become such (-25-40 C). Extreme weather is more common for Siberian regions, in cities like Tomsk, Yakutsk. If you'll want to look at Russia, the most interesting is historical part of Golden Ring. Also it may be interesting to look at Kiev and Belarus region wich since 1991 are kind of other states.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol

Attachment 6903 Attachment 6904
    Attachment 6905

Kiev looks amazing

I think I want to go to Europe so bad because of the history and distinctly different cultures. America is amazing but its a melting pot so everything is somewhat blurred,which is beautiful, but I like a little contrast.
    Last edited by jaein; 01-10-2016 at 11:29 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Kiev looks amazing
    1st Russian capital, ancient city. There is much of history, but the city is mostly modern.

I think I want to go to Europe so bad because of the history and distinctly different cultures.
    I'd visit Rome, at first.
    Last edited by Sol; 01-11-2016 at 03:12 PM.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st Russian capital, ancient city. There is much of history, but it's mostly modern.

I'd visit Rome, at first.
    Do you travel a lot?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I tried to put up a rack in the kitchen and used a level to do it and somehow it didn't come out leveled
    It's so frustrating. I feel like I should never have attempted to do it. I wanted it to come out perfect now it's in drywall and how will I be able to repair it since I drilled one inch holes in this crappy and delicate material.

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'll just fix it tonight
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Do you travel a lot?
    No. It's just basic info.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. It's just basic info.
    Lol, I know I was just wondering.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Maritsa is it lopsided?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Maritsa is it lopsided?
    Yes
    -

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Yes
    I dont really read things all the way through lol. Theres paste or something you can use to fill holes in your drywall. Then just sand it down and paint it over to match the rest of the wall.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I dont really read things all the way through lol. Theres paste or something you can use to fill holes in your drywall. Then just sand it down and paint it over to match the rest of the wall.
    I'm not going to do that. I'm going to leave the holes from one side, raise it and remount it. Use the old screen holes for a new fixtures. It's will look nice that way
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Theres paste or something you can use to fill holes in your drywall. Then just sand it down and paint it over to match the rest of the wall.
    yep
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spackling_paste
    in different colors

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Maritsa supposed to determine height wanted and horizontal center, mark a dot there with a pencil, get level and place bottom above the dot, make sure it is level, mark two dots under the level at each end, you're done with the level, get a straight edge and draw a line through the 3 dots with it, measure where the brackets are going to be horizontally and mark those on the line, use an L ruler/straight edge to measure down the correct distance for the screws from the line (it will be at 90 degrees due to the L's right angle), mark both screw locations, then screw/mount.

Pencil, level, L straight edge/ruler. Those are the basic tools you need for this.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Architects have amazing minds.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    @Maritsa supposed to determine height wanted and horizontal center, mark a dot there with a pencil, get level and place bottom above the dot, make sure it is level, mark two dots under the level at each end, you're done with the level, get a straight edge and draw a line through the 3 dots with it, measure where the brackets are going to be horizontally and mark those on the line, use an L ruler/straight edge to measure down the correct distance for the screws from the line (it will be at 90 degrees due to the L's right angle), mark both screw locations, then screw/mount.

Pencil, level, L straight edge/ruler. Those are the basic tools you need for this.
    How do you know this?
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Architects have amazing minds.
    I looked up tallest statues one day, and that's one of them on the list. There's a GIANT Buddha statue somewhere. The Russia one was the prettiest and most impressive, though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you know this?
    My dad built our house and knows how to do tons of stuff. He showed me those principles while helping him. If you watch HGTV stuff, you'll notice they do the same sort of thing with everything they do. Can probably YouTube or view on their regular website.

http://m.lowes.com/pl/Chalk-reels-li...ng-tools-Tools is for lines that are longer than a ruler can go, but you need someone to hold the other end. Also, I don't know if they clean off as easily. Pencils you can just erase off drywall paint, as long as you didn't press really hard when drawing.

My dad normally does two lines like this /\ instead of an actual dot though, with the angle being where the dot would be. Maybe it helps determining the center or makes it easier to see or something. Never thought to ask.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My dad built our house and knows how to do tons of stuff. He showed me those principles while helping him. If you watch HGTV stuff, you'll notice they do the same sort of thing with everything they do. Can probably YouTube or view on their regular website.http://m.lowes.com/pl/Chalk-reels-li...-tools-ToolsIs for lines that are longer than a ruler can go, but you need someone to hold the other end. Also, I don't know if they clean off as easily. Pencils you can just erase off drywall paint, as long as you didn't press really hard when drawing.My dad normally does two lines like this /\ instead of an actual dot though, with the angle being where the dot would be. Maybe it helps determining the center or makes it easier to see or something. Never thought to ask.
    thank you

I don't want to use spackle because it is hard to match the color and even then I don't want to paint the wall.

I'm no craftsman by a stretch
    -

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked up tallest statues one day, and that's one of them on the list. There's a GIANT Buddha statue somewhere. The Russia one was the prettiest and most impressive, though.
    Yes, I like it a lot

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you

I don't want to use spackle because it is hard to match the color and even then I don't want to paint the wall.

I'm no craftsman by a stretch
    I think normally they just use some kinda putty, push it in the hole, then wipe over it with a damp cloth to make it smooth and get rid of the excess. It's white, so it sticks out less than the black hole.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I like it a lot
    Planned: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Unity

Existing: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Temple_Buddha

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I feel like everyone is always trying to one up eachother. I figure the taller the statue the less detail you can work in right?I personally would like to see a more detailed structure than one I have to break my neck to look up at.

TIM
    Delta NF
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think normally they just use some kinda putty, push it in the hole, then wipe over it with a damp cloth to make it smooth and get rid of the excess. It's white, so it sticks out less than the black hole.
    Alternatively, Maritsa could also just punch a few more holes in her wall to match! It would make me laugh if every time I used my stove top, I could see a bunch of little holes above it in the shape of a smiley face

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rien View Post
    Alternatively, Maritsa could also just punch a few more holes in her wall to match! It would make me laugh if every time I used my stove top, I could see a bunch of little holes above it in the shape of a smiley face
    hehehehe
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rien View Post
    Maritsa could also just punch a few more holes in her wall to match!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My dad's nurse is a Russian lady. My parents are brushing up on their Russian and she's going to take my dad on a day trip. First he's had in over four years since his leg went into trouble. She's funny and nice.
    -

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went to an art museum recently and wished I were artistically inclined. A lady we toured with told me about this program they had for teens (14-19) they can come in and make absolutely whatever they want . I think im gonna do it. I turn 20 in April and I dont want to regret not doing it.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you ever get your shelf straightened, Maritsa? Poor you. I have little patience for those things, too. I did fit my all the closets in my parents house with a big long additional shelf in each long wide closet when my son and I moved in after my Dad died. It was a major operation for me. I still don't like remembering it, a job that seemed to go on and on, but had to be done. The house needed sorting and it had not ever been done well. But before I could start I needed all those many feet of shelf space. I had to learn to use the level and the stud-finder.

One thing I could not live without for big jobs like that and for every little small job is my driver drill. Do you have one? Every household needs one, Maritisa! It makes these jobs go better.

I have a big old DeWalt driver drill.I asked for one from my ex's huge collection of tools when we divorced, because he had 3 or 4 DeWalt driver drills, all the same, and I knew how useful one is. So mine works great, but its big and heavy. Even with the heft, it makes jobs go quick an easy. If you do not have strong hands and wrists, you need the assistance of a driver drill. (Even a too-big one!). But what I would like to splurge for someday one of the newer driver drills, which use Lithium batteries, so they are very compact and light! Probably half the size and less than half the weight. But the SAME power! Those new, light ones look like this:
    577a2d15-d6f1-45c2-ba40-0b9a42c10c90_400.jpg
    That one is $79 at Home Depot. I really recommend that because you really don't ever get done needing one.

Are you in a new apartment, Maritsa? It looks nice how you have arranged it.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Did you ever get your shelf straightened, Maritsa? Poor you. I have little patience for those things, too. I did fit my all the closets in my parents house with a big long additional shelf in each long wide closet when my son and I moved in after my Dad died. It was a major operation for me. I still don't like remembering it, a job that seemed to go on and on, but had to be done. The house needed sorting and it had not ever been done well. But before I could start I needed all those many feet of shelf space. I had to learn to use the level and the stud-finder.

One thing I could not live without for big jobs like that and for every little small job is my driver drill. Do you have one? Every household needs one, Maritisa! It makes these jobs go better.

I have a big old DeWalt driver drill.I asked for one from my ex's huge collection of tools when we divorced, because he had 3 or 4 DeWalt driver drills, all the same, and I knew how useful one is. So mine works great, but its big and heavy. Even with the heft, it makes jobs go quick an easy. If you do not have strong hands and wrists, you need the assistance of a driver drill. (Even a too-big one!). But what I would like to splurge for someday one of the newer driver drills, which use Lithium batteries, so they are very compact and light! Probably half the size and less than half the weight. But the SAME power! Those new, light ones look like this:
    577a2d15-d6f1-45c2-ba40-0b9a42c10c90_400.jpg
    That one is $79 at Home Depot. I really recommend that because you really don't ever get done needing one.

Are you in a new apartment, Maritsa? It looks nice how you have arranged it.
    I couldn't straighten them Eliza without moving them.higher because they are only off a tiny bit and then new hole would be too close to the old one and would put a huge hole in the drywall. My bf said to leave it alone. I was kinda down that he didn't help me with the project. He was very tired and busy though. I'm just going to live with it
    -

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't straighten them Eliza without moving them higher because they are only off a tiny bit and then new hole would be too close to the old one and would put a huge hole in the drywall .
    Exasperating! I know. Its the LITTLE things that can drive you NUTS..

My bf said to leave it alone.
    Oh - he is still in the picture?

I was kinda down that he didn't help me with the project.
    Of course!

He was very tired and busy though. I'm just going to live with it
    Don't buy the excuse! Would he be "too tired and busy" if his Mom needed help putting up a shelf? I don't think so!*

He is a TOOL. Someone needs to show him where the door is!

(That $79 one at Home Depot for $79 is a much better deal for you! )

*P.S. He is only going to get WORSE Maritsa. The shelf matters to you, so there is NO WAY its going to matter to him. He made his boundaries perfectly clear, "I will only stick around if I can treat you like crap when I want, since you don't matter". And since he has a green light from you on that, he WILL take advantage...
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love creepypastas

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love creepypastas
    Wtf is a creepypasta? LOL

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wtf is a creepypasta? LOL
    Lol its a creepy story basically. Sort of surreal. For example "Shut That Damned Door!" Creepypasta: https://youtu.be/4hfq71g0MtQ (I havent seen this one so..)

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol its a creepy story basically. Sort of surreal. For example "Shut That Damned Door!" Creepypasta: https://youtu.be/4hfq71g0MtQ (I havent seen this one so..)
    Noooooope nope nope nope nope. Trauma me once, shame on you. Trauma me twice, shame on me.