Page 104 of 163 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,160 of 6489

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Park, you're SLI, just like how we like them
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Park, don't leave us.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Who's having a damn good time on a rainy day with me tomorrow?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Who's having a damn good time on a rainy day with me tomorrow?
    Not me. if it rains here, then it'll be cool enough to do some work outside. If I didn't have to do the work, I'd be playing in the rain!!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There is going to be three girls plus three boys.

No wankers, that is, no people neither of us knows and can not vouch for policy. Bring booze or yourself.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is going to be three girls plus three boys.

No wankers, that is, no people neither of us knows and can not vouch for policy. Bring booze or yourself.
    Well, since I can't bring myself...I guess I'll have to bring the booze.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I'm actually kinda excited about a couple of new things in my life. But they're too boring to actually talk about. i was hoping someone else would start talking.
    You should talk about them! Deltas are already dismissed as "boring" so who cares what we talk about! It can only get better.

Or, here's maybe a topic starter:
    What are some of the things you plan/hope to do in the next 6 months or so?
    I want to learn to dance better, like social dancing. Part of my problem is I don't have any close friends who likewise want to learn or who would want to go with me.

I want to teach my dog to really properly heel. He's ok, but there's more we could do...

Surviving election season without getting too disgusted with various... people... is another goal.

I want to get in a good routine for working out. Figuring out how to ride a bike without feeling like I'm going to die may or may not fit into that plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I got ESTj-Si on this test.
    What do you think of those results?

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    hi.
    Hi
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    You should talk about them! Deltas are already dismissed as "boring" so who cares what we talk about! It can only get better.
    Maybe I'll work up the guts to, lol. But I'm talking boring even by Deltan standards, heh.

I want to learn to dance better, like social dancing. Part of my problem is I don't have any close friends who likewise want to learn or who would want to go with me.

I want to teach my dog to really properly heel. He's ok, but there's more we could do...

Surviving election season without getting too disgusted with various... people... is another goal.

I want to get in a good routine for working out. Figuring out how to ride a bike without feeling like I'm going to die may or may not fit into that plan.
    If we lived near each other, I'd be all for learning some dance moves...of any kind. Before my daughter, I used to go dancing every weekend. Before I met Richard, I used to go dancing once a month. He doesn't like dancing, so I haven't been for 8 years. well, I still dance at home, lol. I like closing my eyes and just grooving to the music. I had always wanted to take dance classes, but like you, couldn't find anyone to go with. I did try a belly dance class once, but everyone seemed to know each other, and I had noone to discuss the moves/lessons with. So I quit after 2-3 classes.

I found that the easiest, quickest, and nicest way to teach heel is to use a headcollar called The Gentle Leader when taking them for a walk. It's worked wonders on any dog I've used it on. Initially they do HATE it, because it triggers a dominance/submissive reaction in them...like a mother dog who reprimands her pups by placing her mouth over their muzzle. But with it on, they don't pull because of the auto reprimand the collar gives. And with praise and pactice, they'll usually reach a point of not needing it. On hyper dogs, they finally learn what you want. On dominant dogs, they may need it longer. With my crrent dog, she was constantly pushing for dominance over everyone in our household, it resolved a lot of that as well....and made walking her MUCH more enjoyable, and it didn't kill her spirit at all!

Riding a bike...feeling like gonna die...as in the muscles it uses? Fear of falling/crashing? Other?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an apartment! I've been in it for a few days, actually. My bedroom is small, but it has its own bathroom, the apartment is furnished, and it's an "all bills paid" setup. It's also close to campus, and I'm within walking distance of my favorite shopping center (which now has an Ulta!). I may walk there tomorrow, when it's cooler.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I have an apartment! I've been in it for a few days, actually. My bedroom is small, but it has its own bathroom, the apartment is furnished, and it's an "all bills paid" setup. It's also close to campus, and I'm within walking distance of my favorite shopping center (which now has an Ulta!). I may walk there tomorrow, when it's cooler.
    Do you share it with roomies?
    (I am a little confused by the mention of the bedroom having its own bathroom. I'm imagining a room that got turned into an apartment. Or a 1& 1/2 bath apartment (with a single bedroom??). Or an area where it's not uncommon for apartment dwellers to share hallway bathrooms (something I've only seen on tv).

Either way...congrats!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I'll work up the guts to, lol. But I'm talking boring even by Deltan standards, heh.
    Well, I promise not to call it boring.

If we lived near each other, I'd be all for learning some dance moves...of any kind. Before my daughter, I used to go dancing every weekend. Before I met Richard, I used to go dancing once a month. He doesn't like dancing, so I haven't been for 8 years. well, I still dance at home, lol. I like closing my eyes and just grooving to the music. I had always wanted to take dance classes, but like you, couldn't find anyone to go with. I did try a belly dance class once, but everyone seemed to know each other, and I had noone to discuss the moves/lessons with. So I quit after 2-3 classes.
    I have an acquaintance who likes to go to this one swing dancing place, so I might try it on a night when she's going to be there. I just have to muster up the energy and gumption to actually do it, heh.

I found that the easiest, quickest, and nicest way to teach heel is to use a headcollar called The Gentle Leader when taking them for a walk. It's worked wonders on any dog I've used it on. Initially they do HATE it, because it triggers a dominance/submissive reaction in them...like a mother dog who reprimands her pups by placing her mouth over their muzzle. But with it on, they don't pull because of the auto reprimand the collar gives. And with praise and pactice, they'll usually reach a point of not needing it. On hyper dogs, they finally learn what you want. On dominant dogs, they may need it longer. With my crrent dog, she was constantly pushing for dominance over everyone in our household, it resolved a lot of that as well....and made walking her MUCH more enjoyable, and it didn't kill her spirit at all!
    My pup isn't dominant, he just gets super excited to be out walking. He sort of knows what I want, because I can see him prancing in place sometimes so as not to pull too hard. But it's still just a little too much, and I can tell he's relying on the pressure of the leash's pull to guide him, where what I really want is for him to not need any leash pressure at all.

I think another dog-person I know suggested The Gentle Leader. Is it like a Halti?

Riding a bike...feeling like gonna die...as in the muscles it uses? Fear of falling/crashing? Other?
    Falling / crashing. My sensory perceptions aren't the best... Anything where I have to consciously deal quickly and physically with something tends to be a challenge. (One reason why sports was never my thing.) I'm guessing if I practiced more so it sort of gets embedded in my brain's pathways where I don't have to think about it as much - I'd feel better. Like it is with driving, maybe.

That's great, Ryene! I've thought about finding an appartment, but with a dog it's harder and my current situation has a yard, which is ideal. But living sans roommates for awhile might be nice.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think another dog-person I know suggested The Gentle Leader. Is it like a Halti?
    i just looked up comparison reviews, and it looks like people prefer the Halti over the Gentle Leader.
    But the basic principle is the same, I think.

Falling / crashing. My sensory perceptions aren't the best... Anything where I have to consciously deal quickly and physically with something tends to be a challenge. (One reason why sports was never my thing.) I'm guessing if I practiced more so it sort of gets embedded in my brain's pathways where I don't have to think about it as much - I'd feel better. Like it is with driving, maybe.
    Have you spent time on an exercise bike! I ask because I'm thinking maybe if your balance is bad, then being able to balance on a seat while pedaling at same time might provide a little muscle learning for when the bike is moving.

And for practicing balancing, find something to balance on that is slighlty off the ground. This will also help get the brain and muscles used to countering falling/leaning movements.

After comfy with those, another step might be either using a standing push scooter (again helps with balance while in motion...but without the height nor dampening leg movement freedom. (there are some nice looking bicycle looking scooters, with ot without seats.)

Or, if you have access to a bike, shorten the seat so your feet can easily walk along the ground while you are sitting on it, and just practice scooting yourself along. You lift your feet to practice coasting balancing...and walk/push with your feet to increase speed. Once you can do that, then you can start incorporating backpedaling on a hand brake bike. (backpedaling would be like the coasting from earlier practice, but with foot/leg movements and no added speed. (also practice breaking and leaning bike onto one side when stopped)

But yeah...if balance or coordination is an issue, then baby steps to help build up the muscle-brain pathways for the skills they'll need.

After the skills are there, then your mind is free to respond to changes in road conditions and such.

OR!!! Get one of those adult tricycles with a basket in the back. One of my friends has one and loves it. I wish I had one and that I could use it to get to the bus stop 5 miles away...but there's no room for bicycles on our roads, and bicyclists here have a hell of a time with cars not giving them space. But this kind of bike you wouldn't have to worry about balance except for making turns at a proper speed.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warning, the following may bore to tears.
    Ok, the things I was excited about.

At the time I wrote that, I had just barely discovered something called Tunisian Crochet. AND I had found an online video class for learning a variety of Tunisian Crochet stitches while making a cool looking "Multi-Garment". This garment is basically two panels of crochet cloth that are laced together in a variety of ways to create at least 8 different styles of wearing it.

Because I don't wear a bra much, I use summer weight cover tops to hide nippliness when I'm in public places. So this garment looked like it'd be perfect for me.

Background info...my mother taught me some very basic crochet when I was young (about 5-6?yo). And when I would crochet, I would think of her. (I didn't grow up with her.) But she hadn't gotten past basic beginner stuff with me. So off and on over the years I would try to crochet, but other than the fond memories I didn't particularly enjoy it. One time I saw someone knitting, and thought they were doing crochet. So I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to crochet loops on and off the crochet hook, lol. It was many years later that I realized it was a completely different style and it used needles rather than hooks, lol. Anyways, the videos I'd seen of tunisian crochet reminded me of those days, so I borrowed my neighbor's afghan hooks and signed up for that video course.

Upon first learning the basic stitch...omgosh....it was like being transported back to having my mother at my side teaching me how to crochet. Not that the teacher is anything like my mom...it had to do with the combination of hook and loops on the hook.

So at the time I wrote that I was excited, I had just discovered that feeling of closeness with my mom...and was super excited about the possibilities with the multi-garment.

Also...i went to the teacher's website at stitchdiva.com and discovered a wonderful set of patterns for clothes that could be worn in a variety of ways. Her clothing designs finally inspired me. (Sorry..a little more background...my daughter's been learning crochet and loom knitting, and wants me to help her learn them, but none of those were inspiring me.) So finally I had some inspiration for what to make, and was really excited by the combination.

However, I am not as excited as I was. The yarn recommended for that top was silk, or bamboo, but joann's here only had a few colors for bamboo in the required weight. So the colors I got aren't really to my taste. They were pretty damned expensive, though half the cost of the silk yarn...AND...this yarn looks nothing like the clean crisp yarn the teacher shows in the video. So basically...now I feel like I am making a very expensive blanket.

However, once I get it done, I'm hoping to use the basic principles from it for other clothing making, as the whole mix-n-match and variety is what I've been looking for in regards to making own clothing.

Oh...and I purchased her book of patterns from 2003-2012. It's really fun to look through them and daydream about what to do with the patterns. My daughter's excited...as is my neighbor who is very craftsy. (ESE neighbor is also happy that we'll now have something to discuss and share.)

Ok...so there it is...one of the things I'm excited about.

(I am also taking a tatting class from that craftsy.com site. I was given a discount for it, and daughter liked the designs, so I signed up for it too, so I can teach it to her. I think the teacher is FiNe, but I'm not sure. And she's very ssssllloooowwww talking. Someone who knows her craft...but isn't such a great video teacher. My SeFi daughter doesn't like her and doesn't want to even watch those videos.)

(the Tunisian Crochet teacher strikes me as being FeXi. She creates her own patterns, even adapts stitches to Tunisian method, put together a very well planned sequence of learning, and obviously loves what she does...AND is an energetic, vivacious teacher who is aware of her audience's needs. Though I would consider TeXi as well. She has video's tutorials on her site...and another one on youtube for making the cords for the garment. But the class really shows more aspects to her than those other videos.)

Ok..there it is...

*pokes reader with a stick*
    You can wake up now.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you share it with roomies?
    (I am a little confused by the mention of the bedroom having its own bathroom. I'm imagining a room that got turned into an apartment. Or a 1& 1/2 bath apartment (with a single bedroom??). Or an area where it's not uncommon for apartment dwellers to share hallway bathrooms (something I've only seen on tv).

Either way...congrats!
    It is 4 bed, 4 bath. We share a kitchen, living room, and washer/dryer nook. I have three roomies, and there's actually a fairly amusing story there. We're a mixed-culture set up, with two of the roomies being international students; one is from Mexico, the other from Senegal, and the third from roughly the same town/city I am. This has the (to me) hilarious side effect of graduated skin tones among us; we are white, (light) mulatto, (darker) Mexican, and black. If we all get friendly enough, I might post a group pic on Facebook some time.

--------------------------------------------------

On a side note: if you do not already read the webcomic Girl Genius, you should. It is awesome.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you spent time on an exercise bike! I ask because I'm thinking maybe if your balance is bad, then being able to balance on a seat while pedaling at same time might provide a little muscle learning for when the bike is moving.

And for practicing balancing, find something to balance on that is slighlty off the ground. This will also help get the brain and muscles used to countering falling/leaning movements.

After comfy with those, another step might be either using a standing push scooter (again helps with balance while in motion...but without the height nor dampening leg movement freedom. (there are some nice looking bicycle looking scooters, with ot without seats.)

Or, if you have access to a bike, shorten the seat so your feet can easily walk along the ground while you are sitting on it, and just practice scooting yourself along. You lift your feet to practice coasting balancing...and walk/push with your feet to increase speed. Once you can do that, then you can start incorporating backpedaling on a hand brake bike. (backpedaling would be like the coasting from earlier practice, but with foot/leg movements and no added speed. (also practice breaking and leaning bike onto one side when stopped)

But yeah...if balance or coordination is an issue, then baby steps to help build up the muscle-brain pathways for the skills they'll need.

After the skills are there, then your mind is free to respond to changes in road conditions and such.

OR!!! Get one of those adult tricycles with a basket in the back. One of my friends has one and loves it. I wish I had one and that I could use it to get to the bus stop 5 miles away...but there's no room for bicycles on our roads, and bicyclists here have a hell of a time with cars not giving them space. But this kind of bike you wouldn't have to worry about balance except for making turns at a proper speed.
    That's really good advice, Ann!

Unfortunately I'm going to have to try to survive bike riding very shortly, over the span of a week, and I might not have enough time to try to really acclimate myself. Hopefully my companions will be forgiving of any slowness I cause. (One ESE who is a close friend, another suspected Si ego, and another possible INXj - so... we'll see.)

At the time I wrote that, I had just barely discovered something called Tunisian Crochet. AND I had found an online video class for learning a variety of Tunisian Crochet stitches while making a cool looking "Multi-Garment". This garment is basically two panels of crochet cloth that are laced together in a variety of ways to create at least 8 different styles of wearing it.
    I think that's cool.

Background info...my mother taught me some very basic crochet when I was young (about 5-6?yo). And when I would crochet, I would think of her.
    My grandmother taught me the basics of crochet, too, so I can relate a little.

However, I am not as excited as I was. The yarn recommended for that top was silk, or bamboo, but joann's here only had a few colors for bamboo in the required weight. So the colors I got aren't really to my taste. They were pretty damned expensive, though half the cost of the silk yarn...AND...this yarn looks nothing like the clean crisp yarn the teacher shows in the video. So basically...now I feel like I am making a very expensive blanket.
    It's so easy to spend a lot of money making clothing...

However, once I get it done, I'm hoping to use the basic principles from it for other clothing making, as the whole mix-n-match and variety is what I've been looking for in regards to making own clothing.
    I like mix and match in general, too. Allows for all sorts of different options.

*pokes reader with a stick*
    You can wake up now.
    Thanks for sharing.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My goal for the next 6 months is to settle in in a new country, explore the city, get my man here (bleh immigration issues), and teach kick-ass courses that students will love, so the university hires me on a permanent basis eventually.

Short term, I want to find an apartment because I have been living in Motel 6es for over two weeks and I am tired of it (not to mention BROKE).
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    My goal for the next 6 months is to settle in in a new country, explore the city, get my man here (bleh immigration issues), and teach kick-ass courses that students will love, so the university hires me on a permanent basis eventually.

Short term, I want to find an apartment because I have been living in Motel 6es for over two weeks and I am tired of it (not to mention BROKE).
    Wait...so you left the usa? Where are you settling at now? Job related move? Details woman!! Lol.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Where's this new country/location?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally able ro relax... properly.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345403632.419238.jpg
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's a 3-year position in Canada. The job is great, but it was hard to leave LA. Especially since the significant other has not been able to come with us (me and pups) because of immigration issues, so it's pretty lonely and stressful at this point.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a 3-year position in Canada. The job is great, but it was hard to leave LA. Especially since the significant other has not been able to come with us (me and pups) because of immigration issues, so it's pretty lonely and stressful at this point.
    Wouldn,t happen to be near Vancouver BC...that would've been nice. I could have a) visited you here and there and b) introduced you to a couple of friends...one who immigrated out of the usa to there.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wouldn,t happen to be near Vancouver BC...that would've been nice. I could have a) visited you here and there and b) introduced you to a couple of friends...one who immigrated out of the usa to there.
    No, all the way out east...
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, yesterday I finally got some tatting thread and a shuttle, and sat down to learn a little. The online course...sux, period. I'm not saying the lady sux...I've seen pictures of her teaching one-on-one...and she looks good at it, her students enjoyed it. But she's not particularly at her best as a video teacher. Not worth the $30 imo.

So I found a set of free lessons that were put together for beginners. It links to various online images, videos, and patterns that are aimed at focusing on specific techniques. I just finished lesson 1 today. And here's what I've made:

The thing on the right is supposed to be a dove. If you look at it as a bird flying over you...or directly under you...then it sorta looks birdlike, lol. If done in blue...you get a bluebird. If done in black, you get a crow. Lol. The butterflies required the same techniques...but a little more work and focus. The little brown butterfly was the first pattern from that video class. It looks more like a fly than a butterfly...hmmm...if I cut off the antenneas...then I'll just call it a fly for when I make a frog.

I have no idea what I want to do with this skill. It just looked like an interesting thing to learn. But supposedly, if the butterfly is attached to a safety pin....people will pay $1 for it at fairs and such. (not that I intend to do that!)

People make doillies using this method...but I'm always surprised to hear that people even use doillies.
    Jewelry is an option...but I don't tend to wear such things.
    Other people use little things like in the picture to decorate gifts/cards. But I don,t do cards.

Anyone have any other ideas?
    *sigh* it'll probably be yet another useless skill...good only for teaching my artsycraftsy friends how to do...but not actually making use of it myself. At least it's an inexpensive one using only a small box worth of storage space.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, all the way out east...

If it helps any...that friend that moved to canada...at first he moved to here which is really close to the border. He and his canadian gf would take turns traveling across for the weekends. Maybe you and your man could do similar? (I'm not sure how close to the border you are, nor if there's a desireable usa city near it.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think of those results?
    I think they are... telling.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I think they are... telling.
    What are they telling you?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are they telling you?
    I think they are telling of how much I suck at Ni and Fi, and how I might have been acting like a rational type lately. ISTj and INTj were in the top 3 less likely types, together with ISTp.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logic class is beginning to hurt. Some of it is not so bad, but then I get to a problem that makes no sense, and my brain goes *TILT*. (With that said, those were supposed to be trickier problems we were working on.) Thank goodness we do these in groups. I fear I'll get to a test or a quiz and totally bomb it because I have no idea what the hell it's talking about. One of my groupmates is like, "This is getting easier as we do more," and I just kind of smile and turn away. I'm afraid he's going to think I'm stupid or something when I'm really just out of my element. (I'm an English major.) It could just be one of those "had a bad day, so wait until next time" sorts of issues. We'll see.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Logic class is beginning to hurt.
    And you do it for?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you do it for?
    College credit.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

College credit.
    Ah yes, the U.S., forgot about that. Informal or formal logic if I may ask. I don't know, but you might try informal logic given your English major but that's just blablahblah coming from a guy posting on a socionics board...
    Last edited by Absurd; 08-31-2012 at 02:08 PM.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes, the U.S., forgot about that. Informal or formal logic if I may ask. I don't know, but you might try informal logic given your English major but that's just blablahblah coming from a guy posting on a socionics board...
    I assume formal logic. (We're looking at the structure of arguments right now (also how to recognize validity and soundness), and we'll soon start learning about logical fallacies.) I'm required to take some type of Analytical credit, and it was this or computer science.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I assume formal logic. (We're looking at the structure of arguments right now (also how to recognize validity and soundness), and we'll soon start learning about logical fallacies.) I'm required to take some type of Analytical credit, and it was this or computer science.
    Oh my bad, then. It is informal logic you're doing

Something that you can find on this site seeing quite a few people dabbling in it. I've seen it on my own eyes and even pointed it out, so welcome to class once again.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Symbolic Logic is way easier, and fun if you like word puzzles. Though this is too late to help you now.

If you need help with how a delta nf might best approach logic...ask @Kim, she used to teach it.
    Last edited by anndelise; 09-01-2012 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Added the mentions for Kim
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Symbolic Logic is way easier, and fun if you like word puzzles. Though this is too late to help you now.
    We did simple logic in my high school geometry class, and I was really good at it. I don't know whether it was Symbolic Logic or not; it might have been. We were just looking at what logically followed (or didn't), not getting into structure and soundness.

If you need help with how a delta nf might best approach logic...ask Kim, she used to teach it.
    Really? Thanks!
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Which textbook do you use, Ryene?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which textbook do you use, Ryene?
    We don't. He has a book full of handwritten stuff that he teaches from, and we copy down notes. He offered to put the book online, but not enough of the class was interested.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.