Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Since I don't want to unnecessarily clog up Rasputin's thread anymore than I already have, and since I also don't really want to make a whole brand new thread (as that would be overkill), and if Ryu doesn't mind me using his thread, I will say here -

This is kind of a lot for me to handle, all at once, Minde, but, I'll see what I can do about letting this slide.

I apologize, Maritsa, for baiting you in the "Self-Improvement" thread, the title of which strikes me as ironic because I was doing pretty much the opposite. The provocation that I felt at the time does not give me a good enough reason to descend to that level of, as you aptly called it, theatrics. I feel shame for how foolishly I behaved. I would also like to add that I was indeed sincere in my latter comments where I said I believe you do have good qualities.
    I know someone who feels perhaps an apology wasn't necessary from you, Minde.

On an only slightly related note (and not directed at Maritsa anymore) -
    I hate goodbyes with people, particularly ones I like.
    Hmmmmmm, I wonder what caused this comment. . . . . . .

And that's a funny story, Cyclops. (Ryu, I would hold blueberry as more desirable.)
    I had a slight feeling you might. Although it might be somewhat controversial because your photo in the whatever official/nonofficial photo thread is of you and a piece of chocolate . . . . .

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought about this for a while now,
    and
    in light of Minde's good intentions in her previous post,
    I too will also display kindness towards Minde "not mind" that she posted in "my" thread.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post

This is kind of a lot for me to handle, all at once, Minde, but, I'll see what I can do about letting this slide.
    Thanks.

I know someone who feels perhaps an apology wasn't necessary from you, Minde.
    Who would that be?

Besides, not to be unkind, but... it's my conscience, not other people's, that guides me in this matter.

I had a slight feeling you might. Although it might be somewhat controversial because your photo in the whatever official/nonofficial photo thread is of you and a piece of chocolate . . . . .
    A chocolate muffin is not chocolate; it only pretends to be, and not very well at that.

I've thought about this for a while now,
    and
    in light of Minde's good intentions in her previous post,
    I too will also display kindness towards Minde "not mind" that she posted in "my" thread.
    You appear to be mocking me...? I assure you that I was not joking. But I suppose it would be not only pointless but probably damaging for me to try to argue about it, so I won't.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh* I'm not mocking you...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was being funny and hyperbolic at my own expense.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who would that be?

Besides, not to be unkind, but... it's my conscience, not other people's, that guides me in this matter.
    Yeah, I was going to say something like that. It's curious though to see how two different ethical types see things. I'll bring it up to the person, if the person wants to reveal itself, it will.

A chocolate muffin is not chocolate; it only pretends to be, and not very well at that.
    truth

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh

you have to right click the image you want to post, and then find the "image url" also called "image source" sometimes. It will likely end in " .jpg"

you can just post that url address, or if you want to be fancy
    put IMG tags around it
    [IMG]imageurlhere[/IMG]

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It didn't work because it is not the image url

on firefox, it is "copy image location" - when I right click an image and options come up, that is the one that will give me the correct url; It has to end in .jpg

It seems like you copy/pasted the page url, which won't work because we're not friends with that person.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it seems that was closer to the answer, but not it.
    It still doesn't end in ".jpg", a jpg file (an image file)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

example:

http://fashionindie.com/wp-content/u...x0432x6582.jpg

that ends in .jpg

and it is Mr Gabriel Aubry

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I apologize, Maritsa, for baiting you in the "Self-Improvement" thread, the title of which strikes me as ironic because I was doing pretty much the opposite. The provocation that I felt at the time does not give me a good enough reason to descend to that level of, as you aptly called it, theatrics. I feel shame for how foolishly I behaved. I would also like to add that I was indeed sincere in my latter comments where I said I believe you do have good qualities.
    Well, from my pov you did nothing wrong Minde... and it wasn't theatrical. I hope Maritsa doesn't take what you said and assume that she's in the right, which she is probably assuming at the moment. It might only feed her delusions of grandeur and her unfounded accusations, like saying that we are liars because to her we are not INFj. She is the one acting crazy, not you.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so who is that person?
    She looks nice.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pictures were all great except for the USC Trojans one.
    But that's a college football matter, and not the problem of those ladies.. . . .

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not a fan of theirs, no.
    Why, are you a Trojan Girl?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDK, EIIs seem pretty cool about things like sports on the whole. Even if they aren't into participating in them, they don't seem to have some of the issues that other women have about sports.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something I notice about me and EIIs.... we have different dispositions towards music it seems.

EIIs tend to be more drawn to upbeat or emotionally powerful music - which I like sometimes. But a lot of times, I gravitate towards music like this:

It is very simple, somewhat peaceful, not that complicated, but harmonious, somewhat lower energy...

It kind of reminds me of what i look for in my dual.
    Thoughts?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think songs like that are somewhat representative of me in some fashion. The actual beat is somewhat fast, there is a sense of movement, but it is not 'loud' or 'dramatic', just a sort of smoothness and speed, cruising. There is a sense of aesthetic appreciation about how things are done.

Even this, which is "more passionate",

There is a sense of movement and flowing. And a mixture between passion "I'm feeling everything", and a sort of understatedness. And a relaxedness.

I very much like the gradual changes in emotion or intensity, and the different parts of the song. A sort of steady changing.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    it is peaceful-ish...and i just realized the clips are from topgear! that's one un-peaceful show
    Is it? I don't know anything about the show.

The song is peaceful to me because there is no emotional agitation going on, one way or another, and it's like there are positive emotions there without me having to deal with anything CRAZY.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    yeah, i see what you're saying....the show otoh is about cars, fast cool cars
    And POWARH

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    We have the same taste in music, but since ESTj are the E, they have to take initiative and introduce us or expose us to music.
    No, that is not a law of socionics.
    You shouldn't talk like it is.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fine, I like the Beatles, I don't like rap music, I like a lot of oldies, I like blus, very soft and melodic love or dance music when I am going out dancing...Sade...

There are certain things within duality that have to be the same because of how our brain is wired not only for our sanity but to attract our duals, and to establish a harmonious relationship with them.
    Well yeah, things like communication styles and values. But not things like music. This is where you get into trouble with typing IMO. You focus on these really little things like phrases and facial features and music, and don't see the bigger picture.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. My EII coworker's favorite thing to do was blare loud rap music in the office when it was just the 3 of us in there working. He loves metal too... really any of your stereotypical "guy" music he's into. Maritsa's taste in music would make him vomit. Except maybe blues.

Your taste sounds more like "girl" than "EII".
    IEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think Maritsa has some misunderstandings about gender differences and other things affecting types.

Creepy-Cyclops

Yeah, the problem is looking at tiny fragments of things, that's not the way socionics works.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so apparently 30-40 of my posts got deleted, because I was well over 8K earlier.

What happened?

Creepy-Cyclops

That person is more likely to be SLI; for some reason many SLI like the think of themselves as EII, for what reason, I don't know. But, I assure you, we don't like loud music with profanity.
    I agree that INFj's - and generally Delta's don't like profanities, but... I have an INFj friend that laughs more so at than with music with profanities in it, he's also quite into a lot of metal bands.

Tell me, how would someone like you get along with your activitor Mike Tyson? Mr Profanity himself. This is rhetorical, ... time you realised that somethings broke.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIIs are interesting people when they get mad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That person is more likely to be SLI; for some reason many SLI like the think of themselves as EII, for what reason, I don't know. But, I assure you, we don't like loud music with profanity.
    I had an INFj friend who loved music like that. Beastie Boys were her favorite. I don't think that's type related. And not all SLIs like that kind of music. I know a SLI who only listens to pop.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an EII who likes 'inappropriate music' in certain moods.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question for deltas

What is your MBTI type?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question for deltas

What is your MBTI type?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L.O.L. Yeah, because after working ridiculous amounts of overtime with someone for nearly 5 years, I sure wouldn't be able to tell the difference between someone who shares my ego functions and my dual.
    IEE

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI love rap and songs with profanity and they are delta...NO INFj would like profanity...remember what we are? We are humanists..when you look at type, you also have to try to remember the core of an individual's values, ours, as INFj, is love of all human beings and values are to not hurt a relationship significantly to sever ties...this factors in using profanity with individuals because we proceive it to be harsh and unnecessary.

LSE also use words like "shit" and "fuck"; we don't; we get along with SLI because we confuse them with our duals...they have many qualities that mask their nature and to us, they seem like they are our duals.
    Trying to love all human beings is something that I've found to be rather inhumanly... Well, it is "God-like," but I don't believe anybody who says that they love all human beings. Then again, to you I'm not INFj, so I would expect that to be your reason for why we don't agree on things.

About the cursing... linking profanity and type is not right. Anyone can curse.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Question for deltas

What is your MBTI type?
    I scored my dual on the MBTI...ESTj (I took it when I was 23)...then I retook it and got my own type (at 28).
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how did that happen?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how did you switch from ESTJ to INFJ?

...by the way...
    "I scored my dual on the MBTI...ESTj (I took it when I was 23)...then I retook it and got my own type (at 28)."

that sentence is not accurate.
    The whole point of the lower case final letter is to designate socionics from MBTI. So you cannot score ESTj on an MBTI test ; you can score ESTJ.

It's a 'minor point', but, I think it's important in helping people understand the difference between MBTI and socionics.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They ought to be the same so I don't have to remember such minute pointless detail.
    I don't like that attitude

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO INFj would like profanity
    Here, again, is a way you get into trouble. There is no such thing as "no" when it comes to people. People are complicated, and there are always exceptions. And, again, in typing you focus on tiny little details like this instead of focusing on who someone is overall.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't like that attitude
    It's not an attitude.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html