Page 7 of 163 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta Lounge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    For the price of the MacBook Pro, you can get an HP or a Toshiba that will perform 3 times better, in almost every aspect. And have more features, like blue-ray drive for instance.
    PC user myself, but Macs are excellent for multimedia, which seems to be Minde's specialty.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    PC user myself, but Macs are excellent for multimedia, which seems to be Minde's specialty.
    Multimedia, yes, and design in general - graphics, web, etc. There are basically three things that make me like Macs for the kind of stuff I do:

1) A UNIX base, which means better security and stability (and thus speed - no viruses to clog things up), and it's easier for command-line stuff particularly when interacting with servers (which are most often also UNIX-based)
    2) An aesthetic and (to me) intuitive interface
    3) The best customer support I can remember having to encounter (they all speak perfect English!)
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    (I wouldn't advise arguing with Minde about Macs, myself)
    No one asked you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    Well tuned PCs can be as much as (and/or more) excellent.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    1) A UNIX base, which means better security and stability (and thus speed - no viruses to clog things up)
    Not necessarily.

Subjective, but fair enough.

3) The best customer support I can remember having to encounter (they all speak perfect English!)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-male

This one.

Macs are SEI-compatible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's his type?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I like the classics, but they can be distracting. I don't understand how people can study with such complex melodic patterns in the background.
    Because it's mathematics and it stimulates both sections of the brain at the same time. Kind of like a hair stylist who likes to hold a conversation while they are working with their hands.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-06-2010 at 01:39 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqRu0BbGwzE]YouTube - Ladies Figure Skating:Tugba Karademir (Turkey)[/ame]

She strikes me as refreshing in terms of women figure skaters

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you forget how to talk, delta?

Creepy-male

Hey, I know I wandered away from the fold, but...

I've been living on University campus for 13 days now!

XEE flatmate is trying to sneak into a nighclub (she's underage). This was fun, since she's both hyperactive and drunk. She's hyperactive normally, actually. This is why I think she's XEE. We've only really interacted twice, and both times it was stimulating, fun, and very, very weird (in a charming sort of way).

Spent some time talking to the LII I'm interested in. She seems to be mothering this friend of hers who lives in the same flat. Watching those two interact makes me smile, it's like it's from a sitcom. He's like he's from a sitcom. There's also this height mismatch that makes hugs really awkward (top of her head is just below where my shoulders are, eep). Yesterday or the day before, I asked her out. Got a date! Movie and lunch, nom. Not a serious comment: that will be a good Alpha litmus test. I'm actually not entirely confident on the LII typing, but it's there until I get a ping that she's some other type.

Been talking to my SEI flatmate a lot. She's French. I will tell you: get someone with a French accent to say the word "creepy" while laughing nervously. I've been saying it back to myself over and over and laughing a bit. That came up in discussion about off milk I'd left out because I was intending to tip it out... it had been sitting there for a week This lead to me monologuing about kefir at her and her friend (type unknown, but they're practically glued to each other. Anyway, she's too quiet to type ), which then lead to the inevitable question "How do you know all this stuff?"

Made friends with an ESE girl in my educational access class. She reads like a list of stereotypes about Alpha SFs Does modelling, wants to get into nursing. I'd be sort of interested to find up why she wound up doing educational access, actually...

There's a lot of interesting characters in my class, in general. The tutor stands out especially. He's a lot of fun, and really relaxed (um, not "chill" sort of relaxed, but just really casual; he's got a really vibrant personality). I could see him being ILE, but I don't have a type I would want to be held to just yet.

And speaking of relaxed... I love it here in Perth. Where everyone staying at Uni lives is called the Village. The attitude here is really laid-back. I also feel unbelievably better just being around sunlight, nature, and good weather. Guls were not made for the city, or for being locked in their rooms. I sort of think I'm like a plant or a tree or something, maybe a yucca plant?

I also got to hang out with Isha Monday afternoon. I spent as much time travelling or wandering around the train station as I did actually talking to her (long story... was looking for toilets). That was a much-needed recharge, I think, because the first week-ish of getting set up in my room and things was really stressful and a little overwhelming :/

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Huginn View Post

I think Perth is good for you.
    I think Perth is good for me too

Back in January 2009, I was here on holidays, and I visited Pemberton. I can remember feeling like that was the first time I'd been truly happy in a long, long time. Everything kind of just winding down, relaxing, and releasing. I couldn't stop smiling. I'm kind of getting that feeling again, having just been out for a walk. The living area here is really nice, and it's a really beautiful evening out with a really lovely breeze. So deep in my happy place right now

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHEPrsBAx8M]YouTube - Yu-Na Kim Olympic Short Program Sets World Record & Joannie Rochette's Emotional Night![/ame]

Interesting comments about the skaters.

Behold, the socionics type I have the hardest time communicating with: IEI-Fe

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryu wouldn't it have been spectacular if Tugba got a medal? The first Turkish figure skater also being the best lol

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Behold, the socionics type I have the hardest time communicating with: IEI-Fe
    Hey we came to the same type for her. Can't figure out the silver medalist; the bronze Joannie Rochette is probably ESI

The Feish IEI's are very warm and flighty though I can see how that would tick off a Delta ST indeed
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have an opinion about the skater (except that her program was absolutely beautiful), but that commentator is annoying as eff. Seriously, I want to break something over his head to cause him to stop talking. I couldn't finish the video because of it.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    Ryu wouldn't it have been spectacular if Tugba got a medal? The first Turkish figure skater also being the best lol
    Yeah.
    She has a very interesting personality as well as face (which I find appealing obv). She seems very driven in her video, and I don't actually know what type she is. I could see her as an IEI-Ni sort of, but, her video made me think Te/Fi quadra.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Hey we came to the same type for her. Can't figure out the silver medalist; the bronze Joannie Rochette is probably ESI

The Feish IEI's are very warm and flighty though I can see how that would tick off a Delta ST indeed
    I was talking about the male commentator to that video actually.
    When you said same type for her, who were you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I don't have an opinion about the skater (except that her program was absolutely beautiful), but that commentator is annoying as eff. Seriously, I want to break something over his head to cause him to stop talking. I couldn't finish the video because of it.
    I don't think all IEI-Fes are so lame, but yeah. why I said hardest time communicating with is because some IEI-Fes have this very emotional and showy way of presenting that really inhibits my ability to to say anything with them, esp when it comes to dealing with advice or problems.
    Although I thought perhaps EIE-Fe, too, but, idk.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    the bronze Joannie Rochette is probably ESI
    I concur, she looks a ton like my old ESI neighbor.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah.I was talking about the male commentator to that video actually.
    When you said same type for her, who were you talking about?
    ah IC
    He seems to be playing a character so I don't know if it's really type related. It looks like he's trying to be as obnoxious as possible for the "lol's" (at least that's the impression I got)

btw I was referring to the skater in the video, Yuna Kim. Sorry for the misunderstanding
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oCeN7s9eI4]YouTube - How to RAVE: Dance Instructional![/ame]

I think delta should have a 'rave' party, according to the above lessons.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A collection of various, unsorted thoughts

so I just saw "Maury", one of those day time talk shows.
    It makes me.... sad.

It seems to be a show for troubled teens. The latest person is the child of a mother who is battling cancer, and her mother feels she failed her as a daughter. The daughter is14 years old, and is a full on rebellion stage.

The "special surprise" for all the people on the show is this hardass figure who will put all of them in jail for a day, to let them see what it's like.

It makes me sad because... I don't like seeing people's personal issues put on display for TV, and they get a minute of air time to trade curse words with the crowd and vent their emotions, and the crowd has emotional reactions... it's like emotional voyeurism or something like that.

And strangely psuedo-socionic-esque remedies for things. The victims are getting what they want for acting out in the way the do, they finally get into some sort of a very strong reactionary response. Finally, a boundary.

The severity of the psychological issues in the world...

I know how hard EIIs have worked to help me with things, I worry about some people because sometimes they try to deal with so much of other people's problems.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is boring.

Indian chicks with french accent give Ryu a hard on.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    This thread is boring.

Indian chicks with french accent give Ryu a hard on.
    Only ones with a figure that I enjoy and with a somewhat ethically focused disposition. I actually like the typical 'proper British" accent that south asian girls frequently have. The female in my avatar has been considered 'the most beautiful woman in the world' according to quite a lot of people (Indian films are pretty big outside of the US). But that's actually not why she is in my avatar.

In general, I seem to like dark hair and somewhat exotic features. But not so much slavic women it seems. Still, there has to be a certain angulation tot he face. I realize, actually, that my preferred facial structure has always been predominantly "rational", because their faces are more jagged and sharper looking.

It's how you can tell IEIs and EIIs apart from a distance, the IEIs can have much rounder faces.

OMG OMG OMG VI ALERT OOOOOOO

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's supposed to be a surprise face

but the yawn is... somewhat entertaining

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BOLLYWOOD OVERFLOW

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer light skinned black chicks.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latina girls are also hot.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think all IEI-Fes are so lame, but yeah. why I said hardest time communicating with is because some IEI-Fes have this very emotional and showy way of presenting that really inhibits my ability to to say anything with them, esp when it comes to dealing with advice or problems.
    Although I thought perhaps EIE-Fe, too, but, idk.
    If they were, I would have to change my type. I don't care if it requires a magical potion or what. Also, that guy was too over-the-top for over-the-top. I guess I can have an emotional/showy way of talking sometimes, but most of the time, when I'm really being myself, I'm very chill. Although I suppose I do make dramatic emotional displays at times, like when struck with a sudden and depressing thought, I will at times lay my head on the table if I'm sitting down at a table. Which I suppose might annoy an LSE, like, "wtf are you being so dramatic for" especially since it comes at what must be for other people unexpected times.

Also, black girls of various skin tones are hot. Some of the really, really dark girls are crazy hot. I've never been into indian women. I don't know why. Objectively, I can totally tell that they're attractive, but indian women in general usually don't do it for me. shrug.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    If they were, I would have to change my type. I don't care if it requires a magical potion or what. Also, that guy was too over-the-top for over-the-top.
    Not all IEIs are that way.
    But the IEI-Fes are the types I have the hardest time talking to, on a consistent basis. IEI-Nis are a lot more chill and seemingly... almost immobile or emotionally detached (even though they are internally very emotional). I tend to 'like them' better simply because they don't throw Fe in my face so much and force me to deal with it

there are probably more chill IEI-Fes out there too, but, consistently, the Fe-IEIs are the ones I have issues talking to the most, fwiw.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also am partial to eastern asian women, though not so much Chinese women. Super high pitch squeaky voices are not that appealing to me, although that has to do with certain Japanese portrayals of women, too.

I'm wondering who is going to change the topic from dudes talking about women.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's alright? Commenting only on physicality, her features aren't that appealing to me. Or maybe it's just the final, largest photo, something about it throws me a bit.

PS: is she irrational? XSFp?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, deltas, I have a conundrum staring me down:

is it worse to be expecting chocolate and receive blueberry?
    or
    is it worse to be expecting blueberry and receive chocolate?

this came up in regard to muffins, but may apply to other areas as well.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The former. Blueberry is gross.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She's alright? Commenting only on physicality, her features aren't that appealing to me. Or maybe it's just the final, largest photo, something about it throws me a bit.

PS: is she irrational? XSFp?
    looks more ISTp though.

I like blueberries..ummmmmmmmmm
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or

fresh chocolate muffin > fresh blueberry muffin

fresh blueberry muffin > chocolate muffin

chocolate muffin = blueberry muffin

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    fresh chocolate muffin > fresh blueberry muffin

fresh blueberry muffin > FRESH? chocolate muffin

chocolate muffin = blueberry muffin
    You forgot something (?)

I'd rather have a fresh muffin of any kind than a stale one.

Creepy-male

I got a free half an orange and poppyseed muffin on Monday. It was good.

Creepy-Cyclops

or

Yesterday, I expected a fudge donught but instead was recipient of a jammy donught - not even a full one but half of one - the person going to the cake shop forgot to get the right stuff so came back with less, had to be rationed.

Never send a boy to do a Delta's job.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I don't want to unnecessarily clog up Rasputin's thread anymore than I already have, and since I also don't really want to make a whole brand new thread (as that would be overkill), and if Ryu doesn't mind me using his thread, I will say here -

I apologize, Maritsa, for baiting you in the "Self-Improvement" thread, the title of which strikes me as ironic because I was doing pretty much the opposite. The provocation that I felt at the time does not give me a good enough reason to descend to that level of, as you aptly called it, theatrics. I feel shame for how foolishly I behaved. I would also like to add that I was indeed sincere in my latter comments where I said I believe you do have good qualities.

On an only slightly related note (and not directed at Maritsa anymore) -
    I hate goodbyes with people, particularly ones I like.

And that's a funny story, Cyclops. (Ryu, I would hold blueberry as more desirable.)
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Page 7 of 163 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast