Results 2,161 to 2,200 of 6489

Thread: Delta Lounge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    LOL

You won't believe what my LSI boss did. Using his love for systems, he went and got a big brand new computer system for all of our work stations; completely ignoring and overlooking the Te, efficiency of the new system and how it would make our work easier. Along with this new system came a less effective internet protection and yesterday, while accessing my sites of interest, I accidental downloaded 19 possible threats to my work station; now I can't access the internet from work

I have to wait to get home to get on my MAC in order to get safe internet access.
    You just mentioned an example of why is much 'smarter' than . And thanks nature for that otherwise society would be a chaotic beta thing, where the stronger ruled and raped and etc., but fortunately nature did not give beta STs in their Ego block along with . Sometimes I wonder, imperfection is in fact the very perfection of nature.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    You just mentioned an example of why is much 'smarter' than . And thanks nature for that otherwise society would be a chaotic beta thing, where the stronger ruled and raped and etc., but fortunately nature did not give beta STs in their Ego block along with . Sometimes I wonder, imperfection is in fact the very perfection of nature.
    Yes, I love the protection of Te, the efficiency, the clean and organize and effectiveness of TeSi; it makes my life easy and stress free (especially that they create things that last)....
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thank you Ryu, for creating such a steady/reliable, lasting, comfortable place like the Lounge; I can't thank you enough. I really like it here the best.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I laugh or cry, which IE am I using? I guess it´d be ?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

When I laugh or cry, which IE am I using? I guess it´d be ?
    Well, generally that is one function that stresses you out, so Fi helps relive stress with regards to that function; I would say that laughter and crying, for you, has to do with more of a DS, which is Fi.

SeTi don't have an easy time expressing their own emotions so they have Fe activation, but love it when others express emotions, so no it wouldn't be that function, hence Fi PoLR (laughing and crying polr-lol)
    -

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, generally that is one function that stresses you out, so Fi helps relive stress with regards to that function; I would say that laughter and crying, for you, has to do with more of a DS, which is Fi.

SeTi don't have an easy time expressing their own emotions so they have Fe activation, but love it when others express emotions, so no it wouldn't be that function, hence Fi PoLR (laughing and crying polr-lol)
    interesting... I wonder what´d be Fe then...

can you give me your e-mail (through pm) honey?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fe observes the display of external feelings -other people's feelings such as when other's say something emotional or funny, or get angry; you will notice that in several places throughout the forum I get emotional and the LSE will withdraw back while the Fe and Fe valuers will come out to my assistance, one such person is Rubicon (who I love dearly), Absurd (who I believe is ESTp - now I want you to be nice to him), Mercutio, Redbaron, Starfalls, and other Fe's; the reason why ESTj's will ignore my feelings is for a specific purpose, because if they were programed to pay further attention to it and not alienate it then this would be detriment to my psyche, this doesn't mean that they shouldn't use Te. They should ignore me, but to use Te to judge whether the things I am feeling for are right or wrong according to observations and analysis of things that Te observes. For example, if I am upset about someone telling me something that's too vague and I get emotional for no reason, then Te will provide me with assurance that that wasn't the correct information that was conveyed, hence correcting the external perception to relieve stress that I accumulate with regards to my Role function, Ti.

ESTp will only pay real attention to me when I get externally emotional. ISTp will pay attention to me when my Si is disturbed to where they feel the need to take care of me. ESTj will ignore my external emotions in hopes that they will sink back into the abyss.

Te should really talk from logic when I get emotional on the outside to dissolve the external emotions, in a calm manner. Like when I need to be calm to release their anger and rage.

What happens with INFj during extreme emotional moments is that they get consumed and distracted because their Ti goes into over activation trying to come up with rules, like saying "Why did I do this or that and did I understand this correctly" (Ti being correlating between action and terms/rules). Te should step in and relieve stress on the Ti.

Lack of Te for INFj means that sometimes we did not correctly perceive the action and did not analyze the external things according to right or wrongness of our perception; ESTj's, all they have to do, is to correct that perception.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-03-2010 at 06:07 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe observes the display of external feelings -other people's feelings such as when other's say something emotional or funny, or get angry; you will notice that in several places throughout the forum I get emotional and the LSE will withdraw back while the Fe and Fe valuers will come out to my assistance, one such person is Rubicon (who I love dearly), Absurd (who I believe is ESTp - now I want you to be nice to him), Mercutio, Redbaron, Starfalls, and other Fe's; the reason why ESTj's will ignore my feelings is for a specific purpose, because if they were programed to pay further attention to it and not alienate it then this would be detriment to my psyche, this doesn't mean that they shouldn't use Te.
    Let me see if I got the bolded part correctly, translating it from Maritsish: LSEs are meant to be cold and the 'voice of reason' when IEEs go too emotional.

Maritsish is a dialect of English developed in Armenia and now being spoken by at least one person in California, USA. It´s becoming more and more distant to standard English, and linguists think Maritsish will in some two decades have become a language of its own. lol... did I get right what you meant honey?

They should ignore me, but to use Te to judge whether the things I am feeling for are right or wrong according to observations and analysis of things that Te observes. For example, if I am upset about someone telling me something that's too vague and I get emotional for no reason, then Te will provide me with assurance that that wasn't the correct information that was conveyed, hence correcting the external perception to relieve stress that I accumulate with regards to my Role function, Ti.

ESTp will only pay real attention to me when I get externally emotional. ISTp will pay attention to me when my Si is disturbed to where they feel the need to take care of me. ESTj will ignore my external emotions in hopes that they will sink back into the abyss.

Te should really talk from logic when I get emotional on the outside to dissolve the external emotions, in a calm manner. Like when I need to be calm to release their anger and rage.
    This is what I do to EVERY WOMAN who gets too emotional, most of them don´t understand and find me cold or indifferent because I don´t go along with their emotions when they don´t pass my consistency test which happens unconsciously and automatically. When they seem too volatile or irrational, I will be cold and try to make them see things in the light of reason, but this almost always fails.

What happens with INFj during extreme emotional moments is that they get consumed and distracted because their Ti goes into over activation trying to come up with rules, like saying "Why did I do this or that and did I understand this correctly" (Ti being correlating between action and terms/rules). Te should step in and relieve stress on the Ti.
    I don´t agree, I think this is just Te being the light of reason to irrational excessive . I don´t see any Ti in this.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Let me see if I got the bolded part correctly, translating it from Maritsish: LSEs are meant to be cold and the 'voice of reason' when IEEs go too emotional.

Maritsish is a dialect of English developed in Armenia and now being spoken by at least one person in California, USA. It´s becoming more and more distant to standard English, and linguists think Maritsish will in some two decades have become a language of its own. lol... did I get right what you meant honey?

This is what I do to EVERY WOMAN who gets too emotional, most of them don´t understand and find me cold or indifferent because I don´t go along with their emotions when they don´t pass my consistency test which happens unconsciously and automatically. When they seem too volatile or irrational, I will be cold and try to make them see things in the light of reason, but this almost always fails.

I don´t agree, I think this is just Te being the light of reason to irrational excessive . I don´t see any Ti in this.
    Yeah correct but not all ESTj's want to try it because they've been scared off or something. Yes, to be the voice of reason, that's what's required to correct the external manifestations of turbulent emotions that INFj's experience sometimes.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Stop arguing with me, it's also Ti because when we lose our emotions we overexert our selves and try to push ourselves to understand things more; understanding is internally subjective and it all has to do with what we gathered from external sources, hence again Ti; this is where Te type of analysis corrects and takes the pressure off of that thinking.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-03-2010 at 06:59 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone should invent a PM function
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Someone should invent a PM function
    This exchange, interaction, is important to all LSE types, because it would help them not run away when INFj display emotions; it's an important part of duality and socionics.
    -

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This exchange, interaction, is important to all LSE types, because it would help them not run away when INFj display emotions; it's an important part of duality and socionics.
    Ok

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Eat tasty, don't quarrel and live nicely" a person of certain type told me his life motto while talking about food preparation. What type would you think it would be?

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    "Eat tasty, don't quarrel and live nicely" a person of certain type told me his life motto while talking about food preparation. What type would you think it would be?
    ESFJ or E7

I live in a city with plenty of ESFJs... it´s funny how they´re always happy even when the city´s in a state of total chaos crime and you hear shots now and then. They´re like "nevermind the bullets, look at the sunshine today, it´s beautiful."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFJ or E7

I live in a city with plenty of ESFJs... it´s funny how they´re always happy even when the city´s in a state of total chaos crime and you hear shots now and then. They´re like "nevermind the bullets, look at the sunshine today, it´s beautiful."
    That's more of a positive-thinking enneagram type, Airborne.

ESFj's don't usually have a 'feel good' defense like that. In fact, it's quite easy to confuse the male ESFjs with ESTjs.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm away for a week and the lounge falls to this.

*sigh*

So what's the best movie you've seen lately?

I saw SALT recently, not bad. Jolie is an ass kicking expert.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now that looks interesting. thank you. Maybe a bit weird but interesting. What did you think?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galen, when I see your username, I say in my head "Gayyyyyylen". Do you find that offensive?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Galen, when I see your username, I say in my head "Gayyyyyylen". Do you find that offensive?
    WEAK Fi, WEAK Fi!!!!!!!!!!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, sorry.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, sorry.
    Better be.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday I watched some 50 year old family videos, with 20 year old commentary by my dad and his siblings. I watched it at my grandparents' house, which they had built while their oldest was young, so a lot of what I saw in the black and white film I saw in color all around me. It made me smile and feel warm and happy inside. The commentary was entertaining; I like my father's and his siblings' sense of humor.

During the course of the film-watching, my aunt and I wandered onto the topic of family baby personalities.

My aunt, about my face/expressions as a baby: It was full of life and enjoyment and joy and expressiveness, but also quizzical.

Me: So I was a happy baby?

Aunt: You were a happy baby - but a lot of babies can be happy. They smile and are content, but they are just kind of there. With you and [another cousin], there was something else... something else was going on up there! *points at her head*

I decided to take that as a compliment. My mother does enough laughing at my babyhood quirks that a positive comment is welcome every so often.

Though it's been done before - me, as a baby:

Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, unprovoked disclosure of experiences. Impressive, Minde. The rest of delta should take note.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes white walls ask to be painted upon.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks to jimbean:

‎"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relationship advice:

Don't care so much about what socionics says you willl or should like in another person - go by what you actually like about in another person and what they really like about you, your natural self.

To be valued by someone and sought after for being who you actually are provides a very rewarding experience.

I think socionics can help you figure out what to expect from someone and thus see or appreciate them more fully - but also see what the negatives, and where (some) of their shortcomings may fall.

I also think it's kind of useful for trying to get someone within your own quadra

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Sometimes white walls ask to be painted upon.
    that's beautiful!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relationship advice:

Don't care so much about what socionics says you willl or should like in another person - go by what you actually like about in another person and what they really like about you, your natural self.

To be valued by someone and sought after for being who you actually are provides a very rewarding experience.

I think socionics can help you figure out what to expect from someone and thus see or appreciate them more fully - but also see what the negatives, and where (some) of their shortcomings may fall.

I also think it's kind of useful for trying to get someone within your own quadra

there is a lot of wisdom in this. Thanks ryu.

Also what socionics helped me realize is that there are people out there who need me to be my natural self, and not try to be something i'm not just because people from other quadras like something else.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot to say in the last post: seek out people who's "problem areas" or "shortcomings" are things you can deal with or that won't drive you crazy. It's not about not having problems or instability or craziness, it's about how people handle it and how it is played out - and whether or not you can deal with it.

If you both can weather the storm during the bad times in a way that doesn't discourage you from wanting to spend time together (and if you both can work well together even in the good times) then that's a good sign.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMFG I just saw the best (?) cherrios commercial ever?

This girl ran over to another girls house and was like shaking her hips in skinny jeans saying OMG its the whole grains?

Whaa? I can't find it on the internet. But that was great. Maybe I was imagining things : /

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMFG I just saw the best (?) cherrios commercial ever?

This girl ran over to another girls house and was like shaking her hips in skinny jeans saying OMG its the whole grains?

Whaa? I can't find it on the internet. But that was great. Maybe I was imagining things : /
    Ryu control yourself . . .

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's just that there is an open box of cherrios multigrains right next to me. And I was imaging all the possibilities I could do with my avatar and custom user title and so on. It would have been a good deal of fun.

Maybe I'll promote healthy foods anyways, somehow. Using sex appeal. Hmm...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's just that there is an open box of cherrios multigrains right next to me. And I was imaging all the possibilities I could do with my avatar and custom user title and so on. It would have been a good deal of fun.

Maybe I'll promote healthy foods anyways, somehow. Using sex appeal. Hmm...
    Actually that sounds great! Healthy organic minimally processed food. . .I was on a streak of that until it all went to pieces a couple weeks ago. I felt AWESOME though while i was doing it! I may begin again.

and LOL at the cheeries with eyes goldilocks!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks to jimbean:

‎"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain
    I like that one.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your avatar

OSHIGURU

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I've been wondering a bit about something.

There's a lot of talk about human beings are so complex and so diverse and amazing that how could you ever suppose to fit them into 16 different boxes?

...well,

part of me very much feels that yes, human beings are actually not that unbelievably complicated. It's almost disenchanting, really. But I don't think it would be well received - talk like that - here on this forum or in most people with an interest in 'psychology'.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've been called simple more often than complicated. The connotations make me wonder. Or, rather, I should wonder if there *are* connotations...? Is complicated better than simple? Or perhaps does the context matter?

Anyway:

Me - today - in abstract.

Speaking of which, I like the definition my computer gives me for

abstract
    adjective |abˈstrakt; ˈabˌstrakt|
    existing in thought or as an idea but not having a physical or concrete existence : abstract concepts such as love or beauty.
    • dealing with ideas rather than events : the novel was too abstract and esoteric to sustain much attention.
    • not based on a particular instance; theoretical : we have been discussing the problem in a very abstract manner.
    • (of a word, esp. a noun) denoting an idea, quality, or state rather than a concrete object : abstract words like truth or equality.
    • of or relating to abstract art : abstract pictures that look like commercial color charts.

verb |abˈstrakt| [ trans. ]
    1 consider (something) theoretically or separately from something else : to abstract science and religion from their historical context can lead to anachronism.
    • [ intrans. ] form a general idea in this way : he cannot form a general notion by abstracting from particulars.
    2 extract or remove (something) : applications to abstract more water from streams.
    • used euphemistically to say that someone has stolen something : his pockets contained all he had been able to abstract from the apartment.
    • ( abstract oneself) withdraw : as our relationship deepened you seemed to abstract yourself.
    3 make a written summary of (an article or book) : staff who index and abstract material for an online database.

noun |ˈabˌstrakt|
    1 a summary or statement of the contents of a book, article, or formal speech : the abstracts must be as concise as possible.
    2 an abstract work of art : a big unframed abstract.
    3 ( the abstract) that which is abstract; the theoretical consideration of something : the abstract must be made concrete by examples.

PHRASES
    in the abstract in a general way; without reference to specific instances : there's a fine line between promoting U.S. business interests in the abstract and promoting specific companies.

DERIVATIVES
    abstractly adverb
    abstractor |-tər| noun ( in sense 3 of the verb ).

ORIGIN Middle English : from Latin abstractus, literally ‘drawn away,’ past participle of abstrahere, from ab- ‘from’ + trahere ‘draw off.’

Words are amazing. They have so much power. Ideas otherwise intangible can come to life and effect.