Page 119 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,760 of 6489

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    This is how annoying things get for me around Se and how much my energy gets drained at nonsense.

I come in a room and I write "." (period sign on a board); Se looks at it and says "it's a period!" I look at it and say yes, but I typed it and the only intention or image you're getting out of it is a static one (that is what you see - a part of sense perception) therefore that is the only thing that you can get out of this period, that it's just a period to YOU because having seen it or rather sensed it as just that because of it's apparentness to your sense it's the only thing you see and capture. I however, have written that period as an accompaniment to a bigger picture or a variety of events that accompany it. I wrote that period as an adjunct event to "Things happened in this area and period" "Sometimes this even influences here in such ways therefore period" etc. but what you see is "period" you miss every other word or meaning behind the last two sentences I wrote above just to see and capture a image of "." Because I typed in that "." before revealing any other thing you have captured that and are statically fixed to it like a kid to cake and that's the only thing you can see and when you say "no, no, no" to me I'm forced to explain and take up energy to do this. I don't have an ability to sustain energy and explain things to you. I don't want you to pick on my posts just for that reason.

Don't interact with me as they stress me out and get me to want to tell you sentences I don't want to waste time and energy both of which I never have enough of just to tell you the story and "period" Unless of course you want to sit on my fucking Se Polr and do a dance and get me upset in which case I will put you on ignore.
    You tell me to leave you alone. Then you keep trying to convince me of your side. Then when I remind you that this is going nowhere and tell you to drop it, you once again tell me how much I stress you out and to leave you alone. I'm not catering to your mood swings; engage and deal with the consequences like an adult, or disengage and move on. Either way, make up your mind and stick to it.
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 03-03-2014 at 08:22 PM.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Ladies, could you keep it down over there please? I'm trying to enjoy the lounge.
    Who's fighting? I'm done with her if she will stick to being done with me.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LOL

This is our last year's Oscar's event that my dual cousin had at her house and she was acting as the red carpet interviewer. I look so goofy here I love her. I LOVE HER

Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-04-2014 at 03:00 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm so glad that video was found. I will laugh every time I look at it I think, but I wish the whole interview was captured. My SLE cousin ran out when she found out that I had arrived but she put on the camera towards the end of the interaction

That wine color door took us nearly 4 or 6 hours to paint together.... No rush no fuss.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-04-2014 at 05:07 AM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had Ants on a Log for a snack today.

Life would be so much better if we still had recess and snack time. I would endorse adult jungle gyms, but monkey bars are no joke. At what point in life did we stop playing?

Also, Oliver would like to join the Bunter Fan Club, @Minde. He's even bought a celebratory cigar.

And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its been two weeks we have been back from SLI's where we worked real hard like we always do there. My SLE son came at the end, his Dad drove him from his visit with him, and he stayed 2 nights, his first time there, before we all drove back here together. He finally met SLI's son and daughter. SLI's SEE daughter had the most time with him and said she really likes him and he is cool, way more cool than me. I told her he was not like me. He is his own person. That's okay, SEEs daughter, age 3, thinks I am really cool. We got back Monday night and Tuesday morning I worked, also every day after.

Last week I read Tale of Two Cities after subbing for an English class that was reading it. It was actually sort of a page turner! Who'd have thunk it. Only you have to read it kind of slow to get everything. At least with a lot of focus. No skimming. But with Dickens its worth it. His writing is rich. I want to read more Dickens now. Its been a LONG time since I read any sort of a novel, so it was a nice "escape" last week, in the middle of other much less fun stuff to think about.

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday so today is Shrove Tuesday. Not sure what the Tuesday is except to get ready for what you want to give up for Lent. (My list is too long). SLI said his tradition for many years now has been to have bacon and pancakes with maple syrup - the latter because this time of year he makes it, annually, except this year since he was here. So I will be doing that with him next year. (But I want to ditch the plastic buckets and get those nice tin ones...). But now I have no such Tuesday tradition. Just to think about what I will give up. I usually give up computer time almost entirely, but instead I am going to slot it to an hour here or there in the week. To stick to a schedule is a sacrifice for me since I like to avoid schedules any time I can.

I never did Lent until I became Catholic. It really is such a blessing to give things up, and it helps tremendously that others are doing it too. You get energy and sustenance for the long road with that. It has really helped me overcome things. It seems to break strongholds some things get to have. It also makes Easter extra wonderful. And that lasts 50 days!

Dearest SLI is here. He watches/cares for Mom so I can go to work. Mom has just gotten too difficult to take care of on my own and I am so glad to have help. Plus paying someone to watch her while I work halves my pay. He closed down his house to save money and came here - where we live like brother and sister till we marry, which will be after Lent. Its sort of like playing house. Its also a relief to be done with goodbyes. They were getting wearying. He will help me pack and sell, sell, sell stuff on Craigslist so we can move to his house when the school year ends. Have to sell this house, unless my brother wants to rent it. Either way, lots of prep to do.

We are waiting any day now to hear news his marraige is annulled. (We have his mail forwarded to here). Its over 18 months we have been waiting, waiting, waiting, so this is the home stretch for that long-awaited news (we got news of preliminary approval before Christmas). Our priest won't talk to us of marriage at ALL til we have it in hand, that as well as our baptismal records properly stamped, which is taking some doing for SLI. Wedding will be as small as we can make it. We actually want to have nobody, except like a secretary to witness. If we can get away with it. We want to have a party, no gifts, in the summer or fall after we are settled in for everyone, to celebrate our marriage. Right now the goal is to marry quick and leave for a nice mountain getaway, away from responsibilities and people who need us, for at least a week...
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-05-2014 at 03:09 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday so today is Shrove Tuesday. Not sure what the Tuesday is except to get ready for what you want to give up for Lent. (My list is too long). SLI said his tradition for many years now has been to have bacon and pancakes with maple syrup - the latter because this time of year he makes it, annually, except this year since he was here. So I will be doing that with him next year. (But I want to ditch the plastic buckets and get those nice tin ones...). But now I have no such Tuesday tradition. Just to think about what I will give up. I usually give up computer time almost entirely, but instead I am going to slot it to an hour here or there in the week. To stick to a schedule is a sacrifice for me since I like to avoid schedules any time I can.

I never did Lent until I became Catholic. It really is such a blessing to give things up, and it helps tremendously that others are doing it too. You get energy and sustenance for the long road with that. It has really helped me overcome things. It seems to break strongholds some things get to have. It also makes Easter extra wonderful. And that lasts 50 days!
    I bet it also helps you do conscious living as in brings you to realize and appreciate the thing you experience when you give something up
    -

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You ever walk on the boardwalk at night, when you can hear the waves crashing on the shore?
    The saltiness fills the air as grains of sand get through your flip-flops and tickle your toes.
    It's warm enough to wear shorts, cool enough for the breeze to make your back tingle.
    You feel lured by the temptation of pizza, chicken fingers, boardwalk fries, and funnel cake.
    The echo of kids screaming on the amusement park rides ricochets through the sand dunes.
    You take a deep breath. You pause and look around. People continue to walk along, smiling, laughing.
    You feel connectedness. You feel part of something. Warmth.
    Yet you feel separation. You feel loneliness. Cold.
    What does this mean? Surely it's all just a moment.
    Right?

I'm feeling very Si tonight. Thought I'd just write this and post it.
    I love this; I wish I lived in your world.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm still wondering how my dual's and my humor are so similar in style. We laugh at odd things and things that are out of place. I never liked silly humor. I don't understand how people can laugh at that sort of stuff (food fights and gross stuff thrown at each other where it sticks to your skin and face and hair -ew gross), especially, now that I wonder, humor involving food fights and pillow fights. Any fights in general are not humorous to me. I still catch my nephew SEI throwing things at his dad, pillows and balls, or wrestling with him. I should open a thread on "how to type a person by their humor"

Looking at that video of my cousin and I. I can see how my movements are kind of soft in a way. My arms don't go at her. LSE in general are very uncomfortable with objects that move towards them with great uncertainty. I've grown up with this. I've grown up not reaching abruptly infront of her or taking things away from her or just limited movement that's been confined to my space. You can see how she reaches over to my waist with her left arm to draw me in. LSE, when they are comfortable with someone will do this. They are the extravert and thus they have no problems making advances physically. When I'm around her I hold back, my actions are subdued and calm or contained. She is often the person who reaches to me for a hug or to draw me in to say something just like this video. She doesn't do this very often as all LSE are not touchy feely people. It makes me feel special when she does this with me.

She's just comfortable with me. I like that very much
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lately I've been driving mysef bonkers.

With my daughter now out of the house, I have time and energy to pursue some previous interests. One of them is to resume writing (fiction, genre). I have no problem creating stories, making things complicated for the characters, getting into their mindframe, etc etc. But the two things I have the biggest issue with is describing items/clothes/etc and setting. Right now, the setting part is driving me bonkers. When it comes time to start answering questions related to setting, climate, layout, etc, I ... I get all weird...mentally. Like if someone is trying to constrain you when you want to MOVE, like someone putting shackles on my mind and I just want to fight as hard as I can to free myself of it. Literally, my body contorts as I have the internal struggle of trying to get myself to just try to answer some of these more concrete questions, to just put something, anything down for them (can be edited later), but I rebel against being 'forced' to think about those kinds of things. Even if it's me doing the forcing.

I've tried a variety of different questionairres to help me break out of this, to get SOMETHING about the physical setting down, but over and over again I fail to.

I know I can write the other stuff, I've almost had one story published before with an immediate request for me to do a series on it. (the magazine didn't get their starting funding, so my story didn't get published with them). I just need to figure out how to break past this block. Argh!!

I have multiple stories set aside specifically due to this problem. I've read articles about setting, books about setting, to no avail. I don't want some stupid little thing lik this to block me from doing something I think I'm otherwise actually pretty decent at!

So...I'll continue to drive myself bonkers.
    *headdesk*
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nahhh, you have this forum and the internet to help you!

For setting start with stereotypes, its bad business (or so people say) but helpfull.
    Film noir: rainy smock dark aleys 18th century london. The theme is the climate and surroundings express the inner turmoil, moral vageries and character of the persona's.

High fantasy: sunny, green pastures for protagonist homeland, deserts/marches/badlands/mountains with vulcanoes for badguys homelands. The theme is the setting mirrors the objective moral value of the persona's (good is good, evil is evil).

Modern day/realistic: the easiest is to pick a place on earth (setting) and take the actual climatological info from there. So, you randomly check the weatherreports for those places and write chapters/setting descriptions based on that. Also, if you chose modern try to pick a setting that reflects (or massively contrasts, more on that below) with your story. So basically Italy is romance, france is romance, germany is political struggle, US is struggle to make something out of himself. Asia has a lot of duty/integrity/loyalty based settings. Modern setting is less restricted to theme, you can subvert a lot.

The above are just some random suggestions. use TV-tropes for inspiration, its awesome

If you've picked your stereotype you can now subvert it. Maybe it's a film-noir setting with pink smock because the polution is cauzed by the over-use of pink unicorns who, ofcourse, also emit pink gasses.
    Maybe your high fantasy setting has no bad guys, it's just a bunch of "good fairies and dwarves" killing eachother off (a good example of subversion imho is happy tree friends (warning, this might damage you for good)).

Maybe your modern setting romance is not in venice with the nice gondola's but in eastern germany in opressive unemployment where the mode of transport has become those bike-cabs from asia and your protagonist is a smart but unemployed riksha driver who meets interesting people and gets dragged into a love octangle (?), or alternatively, your detective isn't in a small vilage where you know all the villagers, but instead it's in a submarine or a mental institution or a zoo or or or. Or alternatively your political thriller is about a high school instead of a political system (think "lord of the flies" style metacriticism). Ofc this is highly dependant on your writing style and the story you're telling, i'm obviously shooting from the hip and aiming at over the top extremes to make the point. Still, those extremes can be good starting-points for setting if you're stuck.

I think overanalysing is the most common cauze for writers' block. Random methods like "use weather-reports/google image search/throw a dart at worldmap" always work, if you don't like the result you usually get some ideas about what you don't like about it which kinda tells you want you really want

So... in short, either get me more info so I can Ne the shit out of your settings or use random methods to inspire you.

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post

With my daughter now out of the house, I have time and energy to pursue some previous interests. One of them is to resume writing (fiction, genre). I have no problem creating stories, making things complicated for the characters, getting into their mindframe, etc etc. But the two things I have the biggest issue with is describing items/clothes/etc and setting. Right now, the setting part is driving me bonkers. When it comes time to start answering questions related to setting, climate, layout, etc, I ... I get all weird...mentally. Like if someone is trying to constrain you when you want to MOVE, like someone putting shackles on my mind and I just want to fight as hard as I can to free myself of it. Literally, my body contorts as I have the internal struggle of trying to get myself to just try to answer some of these more concrete questions, to just put something, anything down for them (can be edited later), but I rebel against being 'forced' to think about those kinds of things. Even if it's me doing the forcing.

I've tried a variety of different questionairres to help me break out of this, to get SOMETHING about the physical setting down, but over and over again I fail to.

I know I can write the other stuff, I've almost had one story published before with an immediate request for me to do a series on it. (the magazine didn't get their starting funding, so my story didn't get published with them). I just need to figure out how to break past this block. Argh!!

I have multiple stories set aside specifically due to this problem. I've read articles about setting, books about setting, to no avail. I don't want some stupid little thing lik this to block me from doing something I think I'm otherwise actually pretty decent at!

*headdesk*

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Romance genre (will the boy and girl hook up??)
    He works for people of power and status.
    She works in a brothel (not as a prostitute).
    The Brothel Houses play an important part in fighting for women's rights in this country. Despite being looked down on by other women.

I can't stand modern era romances/settings.
    I tend to be more attracted to low-technology settings.
    The closest that keeps coming to mind is medieval, but i dont even want to deal with wars or history and stuff like that. Though obviously there is a bigger conflict going on for the country/kingdom/whatever which has created the problem which the Brothels are standing against.

I think one of my blocks is that I sucked at history and government. So I have nothing to draw on from that except a big blank nothing. I've been studying on those really recently, to try to help, and then the contortions happen, lolol.

I dont want victorian, and i don't want historical medieval europe, and i dont want the typical sword and sorcery. Even though i think what i have in mind is a bit of mix of those (because those are typically the romance eras i read). But even if i did a typical sword and scorcery thing, i still have to figure out a city layout, a social structure, figure out governmental influences, yadda yadda.

Hmmm, i wonder if there's a giant picture book i could cruise through, lol.
    This weekend i get to go into town, finally. Maybe i can convince richard to take me to the used book stores and chain bookstore to see if i can find such a book.

Edited to add: btw, you offered some good ideas. I'll look up some tropes to see what inspirs me.
    And also adding: yeah, i am currently in the 'not that' phase which is easier for me than 'yes, this' . Heh.
    Last edited by anndelise; 03-06-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Romance genre (will the boy and girl hook up??)
    He works for people of power and status.
    She works in a brothel (not as a prostitute).
    The Brothel Houses play an important part in fighting for women's rights in this country. Despite being looked down on by other women.
    Amsterdam is kinda famous for their brothels. But basically any large city in history has had brothels. So in this case I'd go with deciding what business he's in and work from there. His problems are different if he's into politics or administration (public image, blackmail) than business and if you'd go for business there's a lot of different settings that can be used (you probably know somewhat what his problems are going to be so take it from there). Asia has famous brothels in a way too, might be interesting. What helps in this scenario is that you really only need two settings. One that exemplifies his social setting and the rules of that society and one that signifies her social setting and the problems of women in those circumstances. Taking two settings with a lot of contrast creates the first layer of tention. You can work with climate and stuff to signify status too, for instance, the brothel is in the lower area of town and gets a lot of rain and no sun while his world is high on a mountain (a higher terrace of the city) which is above the clouds, gets a lot of sun and has virtually no rain. (you could work this out into the "higher power stuff is not virtile due to lack of "rain" moral stuff or smthg"

I can't stand modern era romances/settings.
    I tend to be more attracted to low-technology settings.
    The closest that keeps coming to mind is medieval, but i dont even want to deal with wars or history and stuff like that. Though obviously there is a bigger conflict going on for the country/kingdom/whatever which has created the problem which the Brothels are standing against.
    This http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_time_periods comes to mind.

Also, medieval is a long period and there's stuff to chose from. But for the setting you described i think early industrial might work? Strong class divisions, a lot of social unrest (due to the degeneration of the individual arts/crafts in favour of industrialism), the upperclass lived like france kings while the poorer classes suffered. Also pretty male oriented in societal structure although there were some early signs of feminism due to them starting to work. It's also fairly low tech (as in, it's the timeframe where it all started to become more techy. Perhaps your male protagonist has something to do with technology while she represents the old world?

One way of dealing with wars and such in midieval era is just take on of the years in which there wasn't war. I mean, there were a lot of wars, but not all the time. Also, you can go with the "the wars have ended now what the fuck do we do with our growing wealth and class devisions" angle. A lot of cultures have had problems, revolutions, societal breakthroughs etc because the wars ended and the resources where kinda flowing freely ;-) Also, see fantasy city lower down, don't need to be accurate, just take from midieval europe what you like and ignore history, wars, religion and anything else that doesn't suit your story!

I think one of my blocks is that I sucked at history and government. So I have nothing to draw on from that except a big blank nothing. I've been studying on those really recently, to try to help, and then the contortions happen, lolol.
    Wiki is your friend. If you don't go for the historical accurate genre you just need to get the gist of the era to create enough suspension of disbelief for them to follow the story. Governments are easy. Basically you either have centralization (one or a few people rule) or decentralization (there's a lot of powers opposing each other and it creates an equilibrium). Both open up different types of stories. Centralised is more easy to paint as evil badguys, but it has been done before, a lot. Decentralised creates more moral ambiguity. Basically, you might not even need to dip into this for your story except if the male protagonist is involved in politics. If he IS involved in politics you need to see what kind of problems he needs to come to life and you could easily decide upon government structure than. (don't even need to know the entire system, just parts he's involved in!)

I dont want victorian, and i don't want historical medieval europe, and i dont want the typical sword and sorcery. Even though i think what i have in mind is a bit of mix of those (because those are typically the romance eras i read). But even if i did a typical sword and scorcery thing, i still have to figure out a city layout, a social structure, figure out governmental influences, yadda yadda.
    For picking base template for your setting there's much more than just victorian or midieval. Colonial US is very low tech. Russia is still low tech (jk) and has had a culturally rich history with the tzars etc. It's europe but they had markedly different development.

when talking european medieval (yeah i go there inspite of your sentiment) there is a huge difference between for example midieval Paris, Vienna, Italian city-states, and Istanbul for instance. Oh, talking about istanbul, great inspirational place, has been taken over by diverse religions in a 100 year period and they build their monuments all over the place. culturally it's a meltingpot of everything and it is romantic AND degeneratively class divided (literally) by the bosporus. (dont pick paris, the moulin rouge thing has been done before)

Hmmm, i wonder if there's a giant picture book i could cruise through, lol.
    This weekend i get to go into town, finally. Maybe i can convince richard to take me to the used book stores and chain bookstore to see if i can find such a book.
    There IS, it's called the internet ;-) yeah looking at pictures helps a lot Have you tried your own holiday fotoalbums? some stuff you've seen a long time ago can be good fodder for creating settings!

Edited to add: btw, you offered some good ideas. I'll look up some tropes to see what inspirs me.
    And also adding: yeah, i am currently in the 'not that' phase which is easier for me than 'yes, this' . Heh.
    Tv-tropes is addicting, don't watch those happy tree friends and yeah, deciding by elliminiation might be the way to go

As for low tech settings in general;

Film Noir: might be to grim for romance, the trope is the femme fatale and the lone protagonist, might be subversible. Dresden files did a good job for me, combining concepts from fantasy into film noir.
    Steam punk: might be to high tech, but steam Is romantic ;-)
    golden age (is not medieval europe in the sense that they sailed all over the world to pillage poor people)
    colonialised US: low tech, harsh conditions, not that much class devision unless you dip into slavery problematics (but i'd go for a fantasized version in which slave driving isn't the main motor of the economy)
    Industrialising UK: see above, lots of strive and progress.
    Emperial china: don't know a lot about, but they had civilization before we knew about clothes. Bound to be something there.
    Feudal japan: lot of focus on loyalty and hiearchy, might work
    Greek citystates are great archetypes for any less realistic setting

This http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setting_(narrative) gives a list of meta concepts for the setting, picking one of them gives already a lot of stuff to go on. You can than use real places or historical era's to flesh out the real setting!

For Utopia for instance you could write your setting in a place where basically everything is fine and dandy except for gender roles (this might be hard though)
    Dystopia gives you the opportunity to really write out severly class divided settings without having to go historically accurate.
    Fantasy city could be usefull in the sense that you can use a city from the real world without having to get the landmarks right
    etc etc

Hope this and or your raiding the bookstore helps you out of the block

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, thank you! You definitely gave me other areas to look into that wouldve taken me years to come across if i was looking on my own. This is awesome. I'll give you an update when...being positive here, heh...when i find something i feel i can work with. (Or if i have further questions.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@anndelise you're in a relationship with a SEI, right? You can listen to Refi (and his list of things he came up with on the spot is impressive) and you can also try just writing "insert setting" and creating the rest of the plot... and then going through it with your SO - if he's SEI he might be good at thinking about settings (don't know if this applies to SEI males, and it is painfully stereotypical thinking of me to suggest this, but... )

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    @anndelise you're in a relationship with a SEI, right? You can listen to Refi (and his list of things he came up with on the spot is impressive) and you can also try just writing "insert setting" and creating the rest of the plot... and then going through it with your SO - if he's SEI he might be good at thinking about settings (don't know if this applies to SEI males, and it is painfully stereotypical thinking of me to suggest this, but... )
    I did start the story, answering questions for the set up problems, etc, but because i like to get into my characters' minds while i figure out what actions they'd take in response to who/what obstacle, i needed to know more about the city and why it had some of the conflicts it did. For example, the male main character does deal with politics (i stink at politics too). And, the middle of the story has to do a bunch of hinting of what all is going on politically...which i have no clue about yet. (there's some murders happening, and each thinks the other might the killer) I think if I had even a slight background for this kind of stuff, I could do as you suggested, and fill in the blanks later. Especially since i intend to leave out the physical descriptions until very last of my writing. Ala "insert object", heheh.

I have tried asking Richard. He plays strategic miniature war games so most of his ideas are linked to that. If i ever have to write about a war, he's the one i'd go to.
    I used to brainstorm and talk about stories with my IEI brother. He does a ton of reading and is like an encyclopedia. But he's been working on his own projects which I can't help with. And I don't want to bother him away from those.

Richard did leave me a potential idea of a curse placed on my female protagonist (the brothel worker)...wherein no man can come near her lest he go limp. Not sure if I'll put that in, cuz I've not decided on 'magic/supernatural' yet. That was funny how that came up. But yeah, I think if I slowly build up asking him questions. That he might actually have fun playing with ideas with me. hopefully! Cuz that'd be cool.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*headdesk*
    @anndelise Agatha Christie started writing plays later in her career, because she loved the ease of it: not having to describe as much scenery, clothing, details, etc, instead getting to concentrate on moving the story on through dialogue. Have you thought about creating your story as a play? And then going back and filling in all the detailed description if you want to make it into a book?
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    @anndelise Agatha Christie started writing plays later in her career, because she loved the ease of it: not having to describe as much scenery, clothing, details, etc, instead getting to concentrate on moving the story on through dialogue. Have you thought about creating your story as a play? And then going back and filling in all the detailed description if you want to make it into a book?
    Hmmm, i'll check out the difference between plays and movie scripts. I had thought to do as a movie script first so I could add in the descriptive layers on top of that. But yes, overall movement with dialogue, with descriptions last. Thats the general plan.

I recall reading something about Plays focus on dialogue, Movies on action, and Novels on descriptions.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been sick the past couple days.. not really in the physical sense, but just with a state of mind sense, which I typically allow to manifest itself physically. Anyways, I came downstairs after dinner in my pajamas probably looking a hot mess, only to have my husband kiss me on the cheek and promptly start lint-rolling the dog fur from my pants.

That's The Notebook 2 material, if you ask me.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    I've been sick the past couple days.. not really in the physical sense, but just with a state of mind sense, which I typically allow to manifest itself physically. Anyways, I came downstairs after dinner in my pajamas probably looking a hot mess, only to have my husband kiss me on the cheek and promptly start lint-rolling the dog fur from my pants.

That's The Notebook 2 material, if you ask me.
    A sequal would totally fall flat, that movie is too awesome to be sequaled (goes off googling wether anyone has been stupid enough to sequal it)

Seriously, maybe this is Alpha - Delta communication breakdown but I read your post as Irony (as in meaning, why didn't he notice i'm feeling bad, why does he focus on my pants when i'm in my pyamas etc) so if i'm wrong...

Did you have that confo with him? If your mental state is linked to that you really need to get it out of your system and out off between you two. I know it's unfair that you're the one that has to initiate this though stuff, but he's obviously not going to do it, and you're craving for some connection. The "thing" is keeping you away from that. I know, the worst case scenario is that both "the thing" and the behaviour observed in the post above are indicators that you guys are in deep shit. The best case scenario is that it's all a misunderstanding, and he's just being the normal, stereotype insensitive man (and don't we all kinda love those dorks ^^) In the case of the best case scenario you're better off getting to that point asap and in the case of the worst case scenario, you're also kinda better of getting there asap. Waiting is going to drain all the life out of you untill you're a dried flower on the walls of that shitty town of yours!

Well, if it WAS miscommunication than ignore everything I said..o_0

Edit: Dogs are nice though, cuddle the dog, it makes everything better! Get doghair all over you, it doesn't matter, dogs never let you down, they're cuddle-magnets-heart-menders!

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    A sequal would totally fall flat, that movie is too awesome to be sequaled (goes off googling wether anyone has been stupid enough to sequal it)

Seriously, maybe this is Alpha - Delta communication breakdown but I read your post as Irony (as in meaning, why didn't he notice i'm feeling bad, why does he focus on my pants when i'm in my pyamas etc) so if i'm wrong...

Did you have that confo with him? If your mental state is linked to that you really need to get it out of your system and out off between you two. I know it's unfair that you're the one that has to initiate this though stuff, but he's obviously not going to do it, and you're craving for some connection. The "thing" is keeping you away from that. I know, the worst case scenario is that both "the thing" and the behaviour observed in the post above are indicators that you guys are in deep shit. The best case scenario is that it's all a misunderstanding, and he's just being the normal, stereotype insensitive man (and don't we all kinda love those dorks ^^) In the case of the best case scenario you're better off getting to that point asap and in the case of the worst case scenario, you're also kinda better of getting there asap. Waiting is going to drain all the life out of you untill you're a dried flower on the walls of that shitty town of yours!

Well, if it WAS miscommunication than ignore everything I said..o_0

Edit: Dogs are nice though, cuddle the dog, it makes everything better! Get doghair all over you, it doesn't matter, dogs never let you down, they're cuddle-magnets-heart-menders!
    The thought of a sequel just made me laugh, that's all. Then again, they have made 12 sequels to The Land Before Time.

No irony in my post, actually. I had nothing but warm fuzzies from his response, because I know he knows I'm not feeling well, and that's just how he takes care of me- patiently, tenderly, and without judgement. And as for the "the thing"- we had an amazing talk over dinner and cleared the air on everything. He's supporting me in my efforts to have more fun, and always has. I just need to take more initiative for myself.

That, and I just need to initiate talks with him more often. I always feel better when we do, and we always find that we've been thinking the same things anyways.

EDIT: Thanks for following up on me :]

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thought of a sequel just made me laugh, that's all. Then again, they have made 12 sequels to The Land Before Time.

No irony in my post, actually. I had nothing but warm fuzzies from his response, because I know he knows I'm not feeling well, and that's just how he takes care of me- patiently, tenderly, and without judgement. And as for the "the thing"- we had an amazing talk over dinner and cleared the air on everything. He's supporting me in my efforts to have more fun, and always has. I just need to take more initiative for myself.

That, and I just need to initiate talks with him more often. I always feel better when we do, and we always find that we've been thinking the same things anyways.

EDIT: Thanks for following up on me :]
    So great to hear that! Off you go to a bright future It's not often that i'm glad to have misunderstood something completely but in this case I am!

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I am going with my mom and sisters and niece to see the musical performance of the local high school where I grew up. It's been a tradition we've been doing for over 20 years now. I remember being a kid and watching the 'big kids' act on stage, and I got to have a lead role in musical when I was in high school and participate. Now it's nice to support the kids and high school and show appreciation for what they do. And it's nice that my 6-year old niece can come along and get interested in the arts as well.
    That's really nice. What musical? What role?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, Oliver would like to join the Bunter Fan Club, @Minde. He's even bought a celebratory cigar.
    Only if we can start an Oliver Fan Club. He's adorable, and looks like such a sweetie. And so soft and huggable. More pictures, please!
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'dorable Dogs of Delta
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

'dorable Dogs of Delta
    Delta Pups.jpg
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post

"Hi, I'm Oliver. Beauty, to me, is a yard full of sticks. I value bacon, shredding paper towels, socks, ice cubes, and chasing geese. I love and get along with all people and animals, although I don't understand cats yet. I love to play soccer, run around lakes, or just sleep under my owner's chair. I have moderate energy, and enjoy playing, but also appreciate a good bone and some rug time. Am I Delta?"

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Waterbears can go without food or water for more than a decade. They can survive temperatures from zero to above the boiling point of water, pressure six times stronger than the deepest ocean trench, radiation hundreds of times higher than the fatal dose for a human, and the vacuum of space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@applejacks He's adorable and can be Delta as much as he wants. How old is he? How did you get him?

@lungs I've seen pictures of those before, but I didn't realize their little hands were so cute and human-like.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday was World Downs Syndrome Day. My uncle had Downs. He shaped our family in some fundamental ways, and I am forever grateful for the time he was with us.

This is him with my cousin and myself, when we were little tots. It must have been his birthday, and we were "helping" him open his gifts (though he was perfectly capable of opening his--and anybody else's--all on his own, haha).

Also, I read this yesterday: http://thesciencedog.wordpress.com/2...s-are-alright/

I wish "how to treat animals" was a required course in schools. Considering the amount of injuries caused by improperly trained and/or treated dogs, it's basic safety at the least. And kids actually grasp it better than adults.

But above and beyond that, dogs usually put up with so much from us humans. Out of the whole animal kingdom, we expect them to be the most "human" and civilized; even the best-intentioned owner ends up anthropomorphizing them. But they're not human - they think and communicate differently. It's both practical *and right* to have respect for that.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Minde - loved the article and couldn't agree more. Adults / parents need to learn appropriate and inappropriate behavior with their dog. We may humanize them, but that certainly doesn't make them human.

Ollie is almost 9 months. We got him from a goldendoodle breeder in Kentucky. She was kind enough to let me come to her farm and meet both parents, as well as observe her facilities. I wanted to make sure I was purchasing from someone ethical.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

made it official with guy i type EII yesterday. he's so sweet and patient and unassuming. its dumb that those awesome qualities aren't really appreciated in men a lot of the time. props to yall EII dudes <3

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

so yea whatever my type is i definitely appear to be drawn to deltas irl.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    so yea whatever my type is i definitely appear to be drawn to deltas irl.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

nvm me and eii are not exclusive anymore i was just kidding lololo

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi, just wanted to say I'm here trying on my Delta shoes

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    hi, just wanted to say I'm here trying on my Delta shoes

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    nvm me and eii are not exclusive anymore i was just kidding lololo
    ἀταραξία