Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm enjoying Pygmalion tonight.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My laptop is having issues. Fortunately, Black Friday is coming, and I have money. On a completely different subject, I recently had my colors done. I think my color fan and my makeup samples may arrive on the same day. I look forward to playing.

Also...

I haven't had much occasion to wear it yet. Maybe one day, when it's sufficiently cold and I don't have to worry about my peripheral vision.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    My laptop is having issues.
    Tachnical?

I haven't had much occasion to wear it yet. Maybe one day, when it's sufficiently cold and I don't have to worry about my peripheral vision.
    Looks alright.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm switching to English. Don't yet know what I'll do with it; but I figure if I ought to have a degree, it might as well be in something I can stand.
    Totally agree. My degree was basically in what interested me, and I've never used it to get a job except perhaps to say "yes, I have a degree."

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ssmall View Post
    Those problems are probably due to local laws and regulations. For starters the amount of different taxes and calculation exceptions is annoying. This also creates "better" ways to charge for things or pay for things, meaning I can avoid portion of taxes if I do X and Y. This is something I shouldn't be doing and shouldn't be thinking about and it is annoying. Not to mention this makes my business cases much more complicated.

Another is probably the number of officially signed papers you need to start a business. 8 freaking steps followed by a bunch of papers of which 2 can be done without physically being present. However those 2 put too much limitations as opposed to being physically there that it was more or less useless for me. So 8 different places you need to visit, everything signed etc.

The rest is cool and excited though, I'm sure the best part will be in the future.
    Ah, yes, that makes sense. That part of things isn't as fun and sometimes I get nervous that I've forgotten one of those steps somewhere along the way...

What's your business (if you feel ok sharing that)?

My laptop is having issues. Fortunately, Black Friday is coming, and I have money. On a completely different subject, I recently had my colors done. I think my color fan and my makeup samples may arrive on the same day. I look forward to playing.
    Colors, hm... My mother never used makeup and most of my friends didn't make a big deal about it so I grew up without knowing much about how to use it. It's always been a curiosity to me, though, and I've experimented on my own in my adult years. There's a ton I don't know, though.

Nice hat.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a random note - Absurd, I bet you're a bit different "in real life" than on here. You seem to enjoy the freedom to say crazy things here.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah. I haven't. There are a few in the city; it'd be a matter of time and transportation.

I'm switching to English. Don't yet know what I'll do with it; but I figure if I ought to have a degree, it might as well be in something I can stand.
    I have a degree in English. Let me know if you want input.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't like to wear things that draw attention to me; if it's not practical, I probably won't wear it.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I have a degree in English. Let me know if you want input.
    Thanks!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    On a random note - Absurd, I bet you're a bit different "in real life" than on here. You seem to enjoy the freedom to say crazy things here.
    Problem is I'm not. There were times I got in trouble because of that at school, work, etc. I mean, I just said the first thing that got into my mind. I called a slag a slag, for instance, or simply told one that he/she must be completely ****** doing things this way and saying things that are utterly bizarre, not to mention completely incorrect.

So ye, I don't censor myself often, I know that, but I try to when with somebody I like knowing it is bad.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm.

I am looking to see how different the forum is since last time I was around. Doesn't seem that much has changed, other than the mechanical upgrade, which was much needed.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Further adventures from the Bunter Chronicles:

Bunter bath = success

There were a couple of scary moments (the shower hose kinda freaked him out a little, especially near his face), but he coped by trying to cuddle, which worked in my favor. -- It's much easier to control a slopping wet dog when he's straining toward you than if he's desperately trying to run away. -- The treats and the constant "petting" (i.e. scrubbing) didn't hurt, either.

We ended on a happy note with the towel drying (more cuddles, yay!) and now he's scampering about with his toy, poking his head back into the bathroom every now and then to see if I accidentally left behind a stray treat...

I think I might need a bath of my own now, though.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

<3 the Bunter Chronicles!

When I give our dog a bath, she tries to climb out of the tub at first, but then endures. When I take her out, she starts racing and jumping through the apartment. It is so adorable! She goes from "I am such a poor wet pup in this freaking tub" to "WOO-HOOOOO freedom, runrunrun, where is my CHEWY, throw it in the air and POUNCE, runrunrun, hophop, FREEDOM!!!"
    ― Anais Nin

i ate chocolate and pizza and now i want to die

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timewu View Post
    i ate chocolate and pizza and now i want to die
    What kind of chocolate and pizza?

By the way, nice self-typing there.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3 the Bunter Chronicles!

When I give our dog a bath, she tries to climb out of the tub at first, but then endures. When I take her out, she starts racing and jumping through the apartment. It is so adorable! She goes from "I am such a poor wet pup in this freaking tub" to "WOO-HOOOOO freedom, runrunrun, where is my CHEWY, throw it in the air and POUNCE, runrunrun, hophop, FREEDOM!!!"
    Haha, I know exactly what you mean. It's like the feeling of relief leads to a burst of happy energy. What kind of dog do you have?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am a sentimental person.

I will cry at a movie of love and relationships; I am prompted by feelings of tenderness, sadness, or nostalgia.
    War Horse, a movie is one such that brings about these feelings.

-

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I am a sentimental person.

I will cry at a movie of love and relationships; I am prompted by feelings of tenderness, sadness, or nostalgia.
    War Horse, a movie is one such that brings about these feelings.

I can't help but feel that what you're saying is somewhat akin to someone saying he or she is generous or intelligent.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My bf points out FACTS about me and I said that because he said it and he's right because of the evidence to that effect that he's gathered about me.

You know, he's an LSE (Te-dynamic) sees that I watch a movie, I cry at certain scenes, judges and concludes that I am sentimental; I take that static comment and make a statement of fact about myself.
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Haha, I know exactly what you mean. It's like the feeling of relief leads to a burst of happy energy. What kind of dog do you have?
    She is a mutt, probably Australian Cattle Dog, Jack Russell, and Corgi. She is amazing! <3
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bf points out FACTS about me and I said that because he said it and he's right because of the evidence to that effect that he's gathered about me.

You know, he's an LSE (Te-dynamic) sees that I watch a movie, I cry at certain scenes, judges and concludes that I am sentimental; I take that static comment and make a statement of fact about myself.
    Can't your boyfriend be wrong though? Also, I wouldn't call him saying you are sentimental as a fact. A fact is that at the time I'm writing this, the date is December 16th in the US. Saying that you are sentimental is more of an "observation." I get really irked when people just submit to labels given to them just because "they said so."

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Can't your boyfriend be wrong though? Also, I wouldn't call him saying you are sentimental as a fact. A fact is that at the time I'm writing this, the date is December 16th in the US. Saying that you are sentimental is more of an "observation." I get really irked when people just submit to labels given to them just because "they said so."
    Ugggghhhh. He's right about me being sentimental. That is a matter of fact.

fact/fakt/
    Noun:
    A thing that is indisputably the case.

And, things that are "a matter of observation" don't necessarily avail themselves to judgement do they? This is why I type you a PERCEPTUAL TYPE; because, you tend to trust that which you observe at a matter of time rather than making a judgment, concluding that what you observe is (by the view of rationality) something typical of that person.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 12-16-2011 at 05:51 AM.
    -

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm applying for student housing today! It's hard to believe that I'll be back at college in under a month. I'll have to start packing soon.

I killed my keyboard - it dislikes coffee, apparently - so I had to buy a cheap USB one. I got a mouse while I was at it. Makes it less convenient to carry around, but games are easier to play now (yay, LotRO). I need a new laptop anyway, and probably a desktop for my job. Add to that the housing deposit + app fee, and a doctor's bill... So much money. >.<

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is a mutt, probably Australian Cattle Dog, Jack Russell, and Corgi. She is amazing! <3
    Got any pictures?

My mom had a Corgi mix when I was born. Apparently I had fun "chasing" her as a baby in my walker. I'm pretty sure I just wanted to pet her, but she didn't like the contraption containing me all that much.

I'm applying for student housing today! It's hard to believe that I'll be back at college in under a month. I'll have to start packing soon.

I killed my keyboard - it dislikes coffee, apparently - so I had to buy a cheap USB one. I got a mouse while I was at it. Makes it less convenient to carry around, but games are easier to play now (yay, LotRO). I need a new laptop anyway, and probably a desktop for my job. Add to that the housing deposit + app fee, and a doctor's bill... So much money. >.<
    I know, right? Why does life have to cost so much?! And those doctor's bills, they add up quickly...

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugggghhhh. He's right about me being sentimental. That is a matter of fact.

fact/fakt/
    Noun:
    A thing that is indisputably the case.

And, things that are "a matter of observation" don't necessarily avail themselves to judgement do they? This is why I type you a PERCEPTUAL TYPE; because, you tend to trust that which you observe at a matter of time rather than making a judgment, concluding that what you observe is (by the view of rationality) something typical of that person.
    Ugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh. Alright.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright.
    If you ever doubt her sentimentality again, she will rip your head off without mercy.

That's a FAKT.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    If you ever doubt her sentimentality again, she will rip your head off without mercy.

That's a FAKT.
    That is just your observation
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ssmall View Post
    That is just your observation
    No, her BF said it too! And he's an LSE fact generator.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSEs have Te as their 1st function, that means that whatever they say is factual; SLIs, most of the time. XEIs? Just forget about it, just... don't even bother to believe anything they say.

Something really strange happened today.
    Was on the bus at the university I attend, talking to a friend, when I exchange glances with someone else sitting nearby. She was fairly attractive.
    I think we looked at each other for at least 4-5 seconds before looking away. Her gaze was so direct, earthy, and fixed. It was strange - almost like I was staring into her soul and she was gazing into mine. Sounds romantic as hell but that's how it felt, and that's why it was so strange. I probably should've said something but I was too caught up in her stare to say anything.

Maybe I'll see her around again sometime - or maybe not; it was just too intriguing for me not to write about.
    Anyone have a similar experience? It was almost surreal.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncertainty View Post
    Something really strange happened today.
    Was on the bus at the university I attend, talking to a friend, when I exchange glances with someone else sitting nearby. She was fairly attractive.
    I think we looked at each other for at least 4-5 seconds before looking away. Her gaze was so direct, earthy, and fixed. It was strange - almost like I was staring into her soul and she was gazing into mine. Sounds romantic as hell but that's how it felt, and that's why it was so strange. I probably should've said something but I was too caught up in her stare to say anything.

Maybe I'll see her around again sometime - or maybe not; it was just too intriguing for me not to write about.
    Anyone have a similar experience? It was almost surreal.
    I haven't, sounds pretty cool. This guy did:

I haven't, sounds pretty cool. This guy did:
    It was

Hearing it now, I like that song a lot more than I did before. The way he puts the girl on a pedestal always bothered me, though.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christmas is almost here. Well, it kind of is already. It's more than a day, to me - more along the lines of a time of year. So it's here. Anyway, here's a picture:

One of my Christmas duties this year included helping turn a child into a mouse.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>turning a child into a mouse

With mad science, every day is Christmas!
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    >turning a child into a mouse

With mad science, every day is Christmas!
    Can you clone yourself?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw this on Facebook:

On a similar note, I'm a forever woman.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving Sunday! I'm looking forward to getting out of the house.

I should probably start packing now.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Test