Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Moredhel and Minde, you guys should meet each other.
    Yes, because Minde needs a boyfriend and you already have one and he is your dual. Go back to Armenia, and eat D nuts.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What? I love my boyfriend. What is he being a type he is have anything to do with me and my boyfriend? I don't get it.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double date

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Look at this HOTTIE. Sooo....kissable. YUMMY.

-

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks like a sack full of shit.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    He looks like a sack full of shit.
    What are you worried about? You're good looking enough to have any woman you want. All you have to do (actually) would be to go somewhere where there are women around.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    double date
    I'd even do a triple date, but, you know. I don't think Minde would approve.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

double date
    The logic here doesn't make any sense to me. If one approves a double date, than there should be no reason to have more dates, aka triple dates. If one wanted to be alone, than they would be, if they wanted to be alone with you they would ask you to join them, if you are of better relation to her than I am than she would double date with you before she would with Matt and I.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    That's cool. I've known a lot of people who are very particular about strict-healthy eating and I think that's great if it makes them happy. To be quiet honest, I used to live like this for a few months but lost interest in that sort of deprivation.
    Moderation is the key for me. Work out, eat a balanced nutritious diet and have a cookie every so often, that's how I jive

*btw I didn't eat most of those cookies, they were given away, sorry I couldn't share with you'll *
    Remember, our bodies flush out cancer and cancer risks all the time and you want to try your best to help out in this cause especially as you get older; with the consumption of polyunsaturated fats the following was observed:

" At least one study in mice has shown that consuming high amounts of polyunsaturated fat (but not monounsaturated fat) may increase the risk of metastasis in cancer patients. [10]. The researchers found that linoleic acid in polyunsaturated fats produced increasing membrane phase separation, and thereby increased adherence of circulating tumor cells to blood vessel walls and remote organs. According to the report 'The new findings support earlier evidence from other research that consuming high amounts of polyunsaturated fat may increase the risk of cancer spreading'."

Maritsa, don't you think D nuts are great?
    Not cool UDP, not cool
    Thanks, Marie.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-21-2011 at 03:21 AM.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The logic here doesn't make any sense to me. If one approves a double date, than there should be no reason to have more dates, aka triple dates. If one wanted to be alone, than they would be, if they wanted to be alone with you they would ask you to join them, if you are of better relation to her than I am than she would double date with you before she would with Matt and I.
    You seem to know less about people than you think.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Please elaborate.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please elaborate.
    I will.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    .....It will be a basic, minimalist computer system, but everything in it will work perfectly. You won't be able to tweak every little thing in the graphical user interface, but instead, you will put up with the GUI that they give you, and it might be something very plain like an old green-screen computer on DOS.

That is my gripe for the day.
    Not a fan of Macs?
    Well, I've never owned a MAC yet (*edit, hahah, I wrote 'MAC' like a MAC machine, not Mac like Macintosh*), so I'm not sure yet. However, I'm becoming fond of open source programs. In the future I will probably use some kind of Linux. But right now, I'm actually living in my car, and all I'm using is a netbook that connects to the net with wi-fi. I recharge it by sitting in the library for a few hours with the netbook plugged in. So I don't have an official desktop computer system set up at the moment.

I've gone through periods in my life when I did a lot more messing around with computers than I do now. I used to occasionally reformat the entire Windows 98 hard drive and reinstall everything, because I was having a hacker harassment problem, and I mistakenly believed that hackers needed to put some kind of trojan horse on your computer, and you could clean it off by reformatting. Now I know that hacking is more complicated than that, and it goes beyond just erasing trojan horses from your hard drive, and I actually haven't even bothered worrying about it for the past few years. I have other stuff to worry about now.

The point is that whenever I move into a house again (and stop living in my car) I will eventually set up a more official computer system and will probably try something new, something open source or possibly a MAC. I wish I had tons of free time to do this because I actually really enjoyed messing with computers and learning all about them.

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mac's make me sad . Just replace notepad with some other shiny open source software, I use notepad++ but I'm a programmer.

As for discussing my dating life in multiple threads...I'm not quite sure how I feel about that . Will there be cookies?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moredhel View Post
    Mac's make me sad . Just replace notepad with some other shiny open source software, I use notepad++ but I'm a programmer.

As for discussing my dating life in multiple threads...I'm not quite sure how I feel about that . Will there be cookies?
    I'll interpret your feelings

You should feel very good about it as more than one person see the possibility that you two could make a really good couple and our suggestion isn't to put you down in any way, shape or form, but rather as an "indirect" encouragement. It's that kind of communal thinking...have you ever seen Fiddler on the Roof?

And, how does a computer make you sad? How does a computer make anyone sad unless it doesn't works and luckily Macs work and work well.

Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-21-2011 at 05:29 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nope...

E - active and talks like a train
    S -Physically hearty/strong; great with caring for me; has energy like I couldn't believe; perceives things of realistic nature quite well, whereas I'm in my head and very detached from external perception
    T- Te. oriented towards objective environment, follows his social ideal/ pursues rational activity.
    j -rationalizes things and reaches conclusions; defines the things in life into some kind of rationality.

Is externally tense, takes on too many task, does not suggest to others Te, instead does Te. Proactive, restless, very difficult to relax (actually only takes about as much as a few minutes to relax LOL)...Ej temperament.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-22-2011 at 06:06 AM.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope...

S -Physically hearty/strong; great with caring for me; has energy like I couldn't believe; perceives things of realistic nature quite well, whereas I'm in my head and very detached from external perception
    T- Te. oriented towards objective environment, follows his social ideal/ pursues rational activity.
    j -rationalizes things and reaches conclusions; defines the things in life into some kind of rationality.

Is externally tense, takes on too many task, does not suggest to others Te, which is what they should do, instead does things himself. Proactive, restless, very difficult to relax (actually only takes about as much as fooling around to relax LOL)...Ej temperament.
    Hey, this isn't an MBTI forum.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"......................................"
    Last edited by UDP; 08-22-2011 at 01:57 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, this story of Caroline and Charles is very good example of Caroline as ESI. Charles may be a sort of delta ST.

Towards the end of the episode, little girl caroline says CHARLES DONT YOU EVER KEEP ME WAITING AGAIN.

lol Se creativeeeee

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have an interesting thought...

Minde, since you and Moredhel seem to have a good understanding of one another, and he's Si subtype, could you possibly be an Ne subtype? The description does say that this sub is able to interpret symbols, I don't really do that and I think that may be something you would express through art? Maybe? And you often do say that you're "clumsy" and awkward. If this is true than I believe that Marie84 could be that subtype as well. The self doubting in decision making in the Ne subtype could be the reason why you don't type as decisively as I do. Both of you are very reserved in relations, much more so than I am.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...e=EII_subtypes

I know for sure I'm Fi and my bf is Te and we just mend together, have since the first day.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-22-2011 at 03:57 AM.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh*

and,

Minde is not what I'd consider an Ne subtype.
    She's substantially more ennegagarm type 9 than Martisa is, that's for sure.

Maritsa acts like a more flamboyant E1, thinking she knows everything in a very overt way. (In case you didn't notice)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm using LOGIC and RATIONAL, unlike you, obviously. ugh.

Si and Ne go together
    Te and Fi go together

If one leans in a certain way than wouldn't it be easier for lets say Si to better understand Ne, hence Moredhel understanding both Minde and Marie84?
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si and Ne go together
    Te and Fi go together

If one leans in a certain way than wouldn't it be easier for lets say Si to better understand Ne, hence Moredhel understanding both Minde and Marie84?
    You're leading with an assumption about those people and trying to justify it with socionics knowledge.

Why don't you try to understand the people more first and see if whether or not socionics is really the best way to analyze what you are observing?

You're trying to build a theory that is personally appealing to how you feel about people without looking at reality first, or caring to make the best decision about how to interpret the situation. This is a form of selfishness.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm not arguing with you. This is my idea. Any idea is valid. So go think about why you're not being activated by my idea instead.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not arguing with you. This is my idea. Any idea is valid. So go think about why you're not being activated by my idea instead.
    I'm not arguing with you either. Your statement of what is going on is wrong, "in my opinion". I'm disagreeing with you.

I don't have to be activated by your idea - that's kind of a childish disposition.

WELL IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I"M RIGHT, THINK ABOUT WHAT I SAID ANYWAY!!!!!! - not impressed, or 'activated'.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm not arguing with you either. Your statement of what is going on is wrong, "in my opinion". I'm disagreeing with you.

I don't have to be activated by your idea - that's kind of a childish disposition.

WELL IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I"M RIGHT, THINK ABOUT WHAT I SAID ANYWAY!!!!!! - not impressed, or 'activated'.
    Would it be easier if we could get someone to look at the ideas for you? You are so averse to me trying NEW ways I can't even imagine why. You'll have to try to put the puzzly pieces together to see what I see before disagreeing with me.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Omg it's Fiddler On The Roof

Soo I went to this fair thingy a couple months ago and there was a guy there that looked SO much like the main character. I told him that laughing and he made faces like that guy makes. It was so great.

Speaking of old bearded guys, there's a guy that comes in drive thru sometimes that looks just like the creepy Others leader from Lost. But nobody's watched Lost so they don't get the reference :[
    I watched Lost!! Are you referring to Richard? or the little manipulative dude (Ben I think?)?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at this HOTTIE. Sooo....kissable. YUMMY.

Are you serious??? To each her own i guess..

And he does actually look gamma to me too tbh... I agree incognito.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by incognito View Post
    Nope...

Is externally tense, takes on too many task, does not suggest to others Te, instead does Te. Proactive, restless, very difficult to relax (actually only takes about as much as a few minutes to relax LOL)...Ej temperament.
    I generally agree with UPD. This seems like a simplistic and sounding much like MBTI. I hope you are not basing the success of this relationship on socionics. If you wake up one morning with the realization you've made wrong assumptions about your boyfriend and you find out he's another type, what will you do? Drop him because he is not your dual? You have an established history of changing your opinion on people's types and on your understanding of personality type theory/ies.
    I don't think there's too much danger of that happening. I believe that Maritsa probably 'felt' that this was a good relationship whenever she started interacting with this guy. Her decision was based on her feelings. It was only afterwards that she started describing it in terms of personality types. The original decision was made because the interaction with the guy felt right. Her feelings and intuition would be an accurate and trustworthy guide telling her which relationship was the best one.

She would not even necessarily need to use logic, and she would be able to do this without knowing socionics. She could use the worst logic in the world, she could try to explain it in terms of horoscopes and astrology, she could try to explain it in terms of numerology, it doesn't matter, the logical reasons could be complete nonsense but the decision would still work out well because her feelings were a good guide.

So the logical description was sort of 'added on later' after the real decision was made. (That is just my interpretation of it.)

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si and Ne go together
    Te and Fi go together

Actually, there's a variety of ways of looking at subtype compatibilities...some even contradict others.

For example, you took the approach of Si+Ne and Te+Fi.
    One could say that this might imply that a perceiver subtype would get along better with another perceiver subtype as both would be open to observing rather than jumping to conclusions or forcefitting their perceptions to align with their pre-biases.

On the other hand, if both are focused on their perceptions, then little to no action is taking place. The relationship would likely be all talk...no show.

If we applied similar to the J elements, we might have two people so set in their views/ways, that they can't even appreciate the other's abilities.

Yet on another hand, if we look at the aspects of the elements, we'd see that Si+Ne have no common ground, both focused on completely opposite areas of life. They might compliment each other....but they wouldn't necessarily get along.

While Si shares the experiential/personal interrelationship focus with Fi. This would give the two people something to talk about...some common ground for discussions, yet just enough diversity to open the mind of the other to alternative views/ideas. Similar with Ne+Te only with the abstract+object aspects.

This doesn't even take into consideration non-socionics influences which, imo, are probably more important for a successful relationship.

And as a reminder, no matter how good you may think your logic is, if your perceptions/assumptions are wrong...your logic will still lead you to erred conclusions. ("you" is a general you)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I suspect her boyfriend is Gamma, at least not ESTj. This is my placeholder to revisit in a few months time.
    Haha, gammas are sure dumb. Anyhow, I've said like million thousand times Maritsa is gamma, didn't I ?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post

Si and Ne go together
    Te and Fi go together

Actually, there's a variety of ways of looking at subtype compatibilities...some even contradict others.

One could say that this might imply that a perceiver subtype would get along better with another perceiver subtype as both would be open to observing rather than jumping to conclusions or forcefitting their perceptions to align with their pre-biases.
    I saw it as opposites attract. Si being opposite but on the same pole of Ne and since he is Si sub he would attract the pole of that, which would be Ne and the same for Fi/Te attraction.

On the other hand, if both are focused on their perceptions, then little to no action is taking place. The relationship would likely be all talk...no show.
    Actually, I would think that's a better characteristic of two introverted types rather than two perceptual, wouldn't you think?

If we applied similar to the J elements, we might have two people so set in their views/ways, that they can't even appreciate the other's abilities.

Yet on another hand, if we look at the aspects of the elements, we'd see that Si+Ne have no common ground, both focused on completely opposite areas of life. They might compliment each other....but they wouldn't necessarily get along.
    Yes, I agree that they focus on opposite areas of life, but that needing something from the other would be an attraction of admiration or out of admirable qualities, not true?

While Si shares the experiential/personal interrelationship focus with Fi. This would give the two people something to talk about...some common ground for discussions, yet just enough diversity to open the mind of the other to alternative views/ideas. Similar with Ne+Te only with the abstract+object aspects.
    I'm not sure that Si shares that quality with Fi. In what way or aspect do you see those qualities being shared and what qualities would be a few examples of such?

This doesn't even take into consideration non-socionics influences which, imo, are probably more important for a successful relationship.
    I share a bit of Marie's sentiment/thought when she said that she would rather there be things not in common among duals; this way, things/food and diversity is added to that relationship. But, there are lots of non socionics influences that either enhance or stale any relationship combination; some that I can think of other than obvious values/societal expectations/idealistic expectations and such would be emotional maturity of the individual involved. If you have other examples, I'd love to hear them.

And as a reminder, no matter how good you may think your logic is, if your perceptions/assumptions are wrong...your logic will still lead you to erred conclusions. ("you" is a general you)
    I completely agree. Logic does such strange things like idealizing and trying hard to make things fit into, in my case a subjective feeling judgement or box. I do have to watch that and keep an open mind to be open minded; this is one reason why I greatly appreciate the intuitive base types who like too go out there and look for ideas.

Thank you for engaging me, in your very lovely extraverted way, in a meaningful and deep discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post

I generally agree with UPD. This seems like a simplistic and sounding much like MBTI. I hope you are not basing the success of this relationship on socionics. If you wake up one morning with the realization you've made wrong assumptions about your boyfriend and you find out he's another type, what will you do? Drop him because he is not your dual? You have an established history of changing your opinion on people's types and on your understanding of personality type theory/ies.
    I don't think there's too much danger of that happening. I believe that Maritsa probably 'felt' that this was a good relationship whenever she started interacting with this guy. Her decision was based on her feelings. It was only afterwards that she started describing it in terms of personality types. The original decision was made because the interaction with the guy felt right. Her feelings and intuition would be an accurate and trustworthy guide telling her which relationship was the best one.

She would not even necessarily need to use logic, and she would be able to do this without knowing socionics. She could use the worst logic in the world, she could try to explain it in terms of horoscopes and astrology, she could try to explain it in terms of numerology, it doesn't matter, the logical reasons could be complete nonsense but the decision would still work out well because her feelings were a good guide.

So the logical description was sort of 'added on later' after the real decision was made. (That is just my interpretation of it.)
    A lot of your perception is correct; thank you for sharing your thoughts. I do find him in many ways to be opposite of me. I've listed the qualities about him that make him an Ej Temperament and even if this isn't enough "proof" there are such socionics qualities as described by Jung, and if that isn't good enough either, he outright said, I am methodical, structured, rational and it's obvious that he takes very little time in the introverted worlds. He's driven and oriented by objects and objective world, constantly.
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw it as opposites attract. Si being opposite but on the same pole of Ne and since he is Si sub he would attract the pole of that, which would be Ne and the same for Fi/Te attraction.
    I'm aware that you took the approach that opposites attract. Hence why I stated which approach you took. I apologize if my paragraph afterwards appeared to suggest that that was your reasoning. I did not think it was your view. I was just listing some of the ways of looking at subtype compatibilities.

Actually, I would think that's a better characteristic of two introverted types rather than two perceptual, wouldn't you think?
    Two introverted types are focused on the interrelationships between things. Not necessarily on perceptions.
    If a person is focusing on observing things...be it environmental, imaginings, emotions, thoughts, etc...the focus is on gathering information...not on developing conclusions nor judgments on that information. Usually after gathering info, then meaning is created/discovered by finding the patterns/interrelationships between those bits of information.

(In this case, we are more specifically referencing Fi+Ne+Te+Si.)
    An Ne subtype spends more time perceiving the environment, gathering information...than they are in finding meaning in it. Obviously an Ne subtype NeFi would spend way more time in the perceiving mode than an Ne subtype FiNe. In the case of an NeFi...it means that they would have a greater difficulty sorting through that information in order to arrive at a conclusion. When we take actions with the intent to do something..to get something done...it's done with that intent in mind..which means that the person had to have arrived at some kind of conclusion (even if temporary)...which they decided to take action on. This means that they've had to go into their J mode...be that their base or their creative. Such that, J subtypes have an easier time arriving at conclusions and taking actions based on those conclusions, than a Perceiving subtype...who, in the case of Ne...would have gathered so much freaking possibilities that it'd be difficult to figure out which ones to reject and which ones to utilize.

Extroverts might have an easier time taking action than an introvert, mostly due to their impatience. The Extrovert has the impulse to initiate something in the outside world. This is one way that the Xi and Xe base can be complimentary. The Extrovert initiates something, getting things into motion, the Introvert reacts to that. In Delta's case, the Ej and Ep are generally the initiators, and the Ij and Ip are the reactors.

But what happens when you have an Ne subtype? They will be so full of the ideas and possibilities and gathering information that they won't take as much time to sort through all that info for meaning. They may take action...but the action will likely be scattered. Feedback might help them narrow in on better action, but it'll be a while before they actually accomplish something because of this scattershot approach.

An Fi subtype has spent more time dealing with the interrelationships between whatever, and so would have an easier time coming to and acting on a conclusion than the Ne Ne subtype would.

A Te subtype would have both the impatience of their Extroversion working for them, but also they're coming from a J frame of mind. So that their actions are more likely to have a direct intent in mind.

An Si subtype would not only be gathering more perceptual information, but would also be finding the meaning in that information...they would be least likely to initiate action.

Now, combine that Ne subtype who is so overwhelmed with possible information, and an Si subtype who pretty much keeps their perceptions and meanings to themselves...and this couple is not likely to get anything actually done. They may do a lot...but that lot may not be particularly productive...nor fully finished/accomplished.

Combine the Fi subtype who has their meanings and determinations in mind already, and the Si subtype who's still lost in the info and meanings, and the Fi subtype is more likely to initiate action into the direction the Fi took...which gives feedback to the Si who can now narrow their focus to that of the Fi subtype's desire. This couple is more likely to actually get things done than the Ne/Si couple.

So no, I don't think that what I had written would apply more to an Introverted subtype couple than a Perceiving subtype couple. The Perceiving subtype couple would be a lot of talk...little to no results to show for all that talk. While the Introverted couple would be far less talk...with significantly more direction..and thus results...when they do take action.

The Fi subtype would be focused on their Fi meanings and patterns and interrelationships. The Te subtype would be focused on their Te info and actions. Neither of them would be spending as much time expanding their understandings of the world, gathering more info, opening the Fi's mind up to further possibilities, nor discovering patterns/meanings for the Te. They'd each likely be stuck in their ways. Making it difficult for them to be open to the other's pov. This relationship would likely take a lot of work, and they'd likely constantly argue or criticize each other.

Now, all that was ONE way of looking at the subtypes.

Yes, I agree that they focus on opposite areas of life, but that needing something from the other would be an attraction of admiration or out of admirable qualities, not true?
    Ne and Si share no common aspects. (same as Fi and Te) This means that they are each dealing with completely different territory. There is no commonality...nor is there competition. Hence why they are Complimentary to each other. They are like two different sides of a coin. They have no middle ground to meet in, to form a bond with, etc. A way of looking at this particular subtype pov is to imagine a couple who one works, does all the interactions with the outside world, while the other stays home, and takes care of all the inside world stuff. First, how would they even meet each other? How would their conversations start off? How would they find common ground from which to even form a relationship? In a world where marriage was akin to a business contract, this kind of couple would have that as the reason they are together, and why they work out as well as they do. But in a world where marriage is done out of love and companionship and commonality...these two can't even get a conver going because they each deal with completely different aspects.

Regardless of whether they compliment each other or not...they would likely have a difficult time even finding that out because communication between each other would be like one talking french and the other chinese.

Which leads to and is somewhat related with the next pov.

I'm not sure that Si shares that quality with Fi. In what way or aspect do you see those qualities being shared and what qualities would be a few examples of such?
    In this and the previous povs, I'm referring to the information aspects.
    Si and Fi both deal with interrelationships between objects.
    Si and Fi both deal with experiential (as opposed to abstract) information.
    Si and Fi have common ground in both of these things. Unlike the previous couple, this couple has something that they can talk about and/or bond over. This is the easiest way for them to get to know each other. They would likely be sharing their experiences and the meanings they've given those experiences...with just enough commonality to get where the other is coming from.

Ne and Te both deal with objects.
    Ne and Te both deal with abstract information.
    Like the Si and Fi couple, this couple has common ground from which to talk and get to know each other with, and bond over. They would likely be talking about a variety of non-personal information, looking at an issue or a project objectively. One bringing up a variety of ways of looking at the project/issue, and the other figuring out approaches that can be taken with those possibilities in mind.

In this pov, Si and Fi are able to bond together, and work on certain types of projects together. As does the Ne and Te couple.
    But in the previous pov, the Ne/Si couple and Fi/Te couple have completely divided themselves so that they are each working on completely separate projects that don't overlap. This pov couple CAN work together, but it would be in a way that one has one set of duties, the other a different set of duties...much like a business arrangement. They may perhaps bond over the results of their having worked together like that...but in order to get into that kind of situation, it would likely start out like a business arrangement.

I share a bit of Marie's sentiment/thought when she said that she would rather there be things not in common among duals; this way, things/food and diversity is added to that relationship. But, there are lots of non socionics influences that either enhance or stale any relationship combination; some that I can think of other than obvious values/societal expectations/idealistic expectations and such would be emotional maturity of the individual involved. If you have other examples, I'd love to hear them.
    What I meant was:
    Thankfully we are more than our subtypes.
    As well, thankfully we are more than how we process information.
    We have experiences, beliefs, values, points of views, orientations, interests, goals, etc etc etc. Socionics covers how we PROCESS information, not what the RESULT will be.

Not all Fi's have the same values, same beliefs, same orientations, same points of views, same pasts, same hopes, same dreams, same goals, same interests, etc. Neither do all Ne's, nor all Te's, nor all Si's.
    IMO, all these things are far more important to a relationship than how we PROCESSED the information that led to our conclusions/understandings.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

IMO, all these things are far more important to a relationship than how we PROCESSED the information that led to our conclusions/understandings.

I will post my reply tomorrow. It's getting late here but in the mean time, I do think that they are opposites for the reasons of statics/dynamics. One watches their own internal reaction to things and the other perceives objects from the external sense. These two are certainly opposites, but on the perceptual pole.

(dynamic) perceives internal reactions to sensory data. Each perception of the same thing can be different depending on the observer's changing internal state.

and

(static) perceives inherent potential in objects. Objects don't tend to change their nature much over time, though new circumstances can reveal hitherto unnoticed aspects of that potentiality.
    -

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm totally going to ruin this type war with cupcakes, the best weapon ever!

srsly wish I had some portal device to share
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mentioned portal and baked cupcakes lol i'm happy to call you my dual

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moredhel View Post

You mentioned portal and baked cupcakes lol i'm happy to call you my dual
    awww

Don't worry, somewhere, somehow, an Alpha Ti is trying to make this real

EII INFj

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awww

Don't worry, somewhere, somehow, an Alpha Ti is trying to make this real

They are cleaver cookies those alpha-Ti's

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's adorable, totally useless, but adorable!
    EII INFj

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best, or second best?