Page 61 of 163 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,440 of 6492

Thread: Delta Lounge

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i relate to the gulenko/ovcharov Ne subtype descriptions more than any other and reading them helped me be more sure about my type.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa honey, can you help me, I´m distressed
    I think we could meet sometime, I´d love to. ASA I go to California.

Is laghlagh a child ?

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by None View Post
    Is laghlagh a child ?
    dwight bobblehead > every post you've ever made

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post

One way I plan that Socionics will help, is helping the community of homeless, depressed and distressed individuals, most of who tend to be N types.

If only to help people somehow become stronger, healthier, and well off.
    I LOVE YOU.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    you didn´t read all my posts LOL... I know that you don´t like me, just fuck off you little stupid tool.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you didn´t read all my posts LOL... I know that you don´t like me, just fuck off you little stupid tool.
    I read some, which means, I read them all. Dumbest thing I ever read on here. UFOs and ******. ****** and UFOs. You're this close to typing aliens, dumbo.

By saying that, I hope you're able to read, because I wanted to ask you whether someone tried to cut your legs off with scissors. If not - let me help myself to help you. By the way, what kind of a Buddhist uses language like that ? Stop pretending you are someone you are not.

Thank god, I'm not a Buddhist, and can say with ease that you're going to be fucked by me for the rest of your 'life' on here.

From Absurd with love,

Cheers.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I LOVE YOU.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I read some, which means, I read them all. Dumbest thing I ever read on here. UFOs and ******. ****** and UFOs. You're this close to typing aliens, dumbo.

By saying that, I hope you're able to read, because I wanted to ask you whether someone tried to cut your legs off with scissors. If not - let me help myself to help you. By the way, what kind of a Buddhist uses language like that ? Stop pretending you are someone you are not.

Thank god, I'm not a Buddhist, and can say with ease that you're going to be fucked by me for the rest of your 'life' on here.

From Absurd with love,

Cheers.
    You´re just a loser. Probably overweight, perhaps closet homosexual. You have many frustrations which you project onto me. So your behaviour is understandable and I don´t hate you. I just don´t like you. You´re just one person that I´m going to put on ignore. You´re just not worth wasting my time with. Go get a life. Good luck.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You´re just a loser. Probably overweight, perhaps closet homosexual. You have many frustrations which you project onto me. So your behaviour is understandable and I don´t hate you. I just don´t like you. You´re just one person that I´m going to put on ignore. You´re just not worth wasting my time with. Go get a life. Good luck.
    I don't read too many of your posts in depth, but how come the majority of what I see from you is a string of extended insults?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They just don't have very good relationship dynamics with one another....oh well, what can we do...the only way to improve it would just be to leave each other alone at this point. Or, commit to not throwing jabs at one another for fun.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You´re just a loser. Probably overweight, perhaps closet homosexual. You have many frustrations which you project onto me.
    If those are in fact a few of my many frustrations I project unto you, then everything is alright, if you know what I mean

So your behaviour is understandable and I don´t hate you. I just don´t like you.
    But I do hate you for the shit you're spitting out at someone who doesn't, I don't know, want to see or hear it ?

You´re just one person that I´m going to put on ignore. You´re just not worth wasting my time with. Go get a life. Good luck.
    That's the second time you put me on ignore. Be a man of your word at least once, dumbo. Providing you are able to read, and not a complete nut, of course.

Not a good luck to you

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all.

Just leaving a little note that I'm going to try not going to this forum for a month. I'll probably "check" it, because of PMs and things, but, I'm going to limit it to only PMs.

I think this is a better choice than that voluntary banning nonsense.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Hey all.

Just leaving a little note that I'm going to try not going to this forum for a month. I'll probably "check" it, because of PMs and things, but, I'm going to limit it to only PMs.

I think this is a better choice than that voluntary banning nonsense.
    But it requires willpower, which no one on this forum seems to have, myself included.

x1000
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to take a moment to say that women ESTjs can be pretty sweet. And by sweet I mean amazing.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Wow, this has become a board of announcements....I announce that I want to go to a fashion show tonight; I love the Si apparently. Granted, yes, most of the participants are ISFp, I will have an awesome time with my Benefit relations because they will be nice and warm...
    -

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, this has become a board of announcements....I announce that I want to go to a fashion show tonight; I love the Si apparently. Granted, yes, most of the participants are ISFp, I will have an awesome time with my Benefit relations because they will be nice and warm...
    Oh yeh....fashion show and Si...makes sense..
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Reinin on LSI:

Quite often people of this type can be seen on a catwalk. Demonstration of clothes or themselves is their creative area

(just joking btw, however I don't think catwalks are particularly Delta, imo)

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm working under an INFj, and it's frustrating... Everything seems like it's unorganized around here in the lab and the students are the ones that have to take it upon themselves to clean up and make decisions for him. He doesn't respond to his emails a lot of the time, and I need him to give me the ok to make orders, etc. It feels like grant money is just being spent without real consideration about what is being bought... He has these very impractical projects that he's working on, and he's stubborn when someone tries to tell him that it might not work. Also there's no real organized system or structure around here when it comes to paperwork, and he's been working here for decades I think. He doesn't tell his former grad students to pick after themselves when they leave, so I'm finding papers that are dated from 1999 in the cabinets. I find it hard to be at the top of my game when things are like this. The LSEs are nice and helpful, but I'm about to bitch slap one of the guys here for being too bossy.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I'm working under an INFj, and it's frustrating... Everything seems like it's unorganized around here in the lab and the students are the ones that have to take it upon themselves to clean up and make decisions for him. He doesn't respond to his emails a lot of the time, and I need him to give me the ok to make orders, etc. It feels like grant money is just being spent without real consideration about what is being bought... He has these very impractical projects that he's working on, and he's stubborn when someone tries to tell him that it might not work. Also there's no real organized system or structure around here when it comes to paperwork, and he's been working here for decades I think. He doesn't tell his former grad students to pick after themselves when they leave, so I'm finding papers that are dated from 1999 in the cabinets. I find it hard to be at the top of my game when things are like this. The LSEs are nice and helpful, but I'm about to bitch slap one of the guys here for being too bossy.
    That sounds annoying. Silly Deltas...

So, last weekend was a little rough. First my sister gets attacked at her work and has to get stitches, then my grandfather is found dead in his home. My sister works at a hospital and the incident happened in the psych ward, so it's not totally out of the ordinary. And I was not close to this particular grandparent. But, still, I've had better weekends. I hate violence and death.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    It is, and I think that he just needs help with getting an efficient system going for handling paperwork, which I like to do.

So, last weekend was a little rough. First my sister gets attacked at her work and has to get stitches, then my grandfather is found dead in his home. My sister works at a hospital and the incident happened in the psych ward, so it's not totally out of the ordinary. And I was not close to this particular grandparent. But, still, I've had better weekends. I hate violence and death.
    Yeah, that's pretty rough.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm sorry, Minde. That's tough. I hope your sister isn't too hurt and I hope you're emotionally ok. I remember even with my grandmother's passing, that a big part of me hates death too, because I love to share my life, as I'm sure you do, especially with family. We, INFj's survive for our loved ones. It's never easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post

LOBO, I have the toughest times trying to get through to other INFj's just because they are very closed off; they fear objects, and since people are objects, they suspect them and keep them at more than an arms distance; please read some of Jung's work about the introverted feeler type and you'll figure out where I'm coming from; I've worked hard at myself to evolve and consciously realize that I don't have to be the prototypical INFj, just because I have those genes. I want to understand my brain as well as understand why I am the way I am, helping me improve myself. I don't have a suggestion as to how you can help your supervisor get better organized. I suggest taking the bullet and standing up, but then, I've been shot down so often by other INFj's because of this closed door behavior, their primitive perception that they fail to overcome, that I think if you do it my way, you're going to ensure yourself as an enemy, but that you'll have your dignity and you've done the honest thing so the hell with this other INFj; if he can't grow up and grow past the confines of their limited perception, thinking, and brain, become open, receptive, and nice, realizing that they have nothing to fear, then then heck with them.

He doesn't take your help or anyone else's out of pride and out of stuborness of being right; if you can convince this person to only look at your suggestion, then maybe you can get somewhere. Ask to have a discussion and make the environment as "friendly" as possible, trying not to sound judgemental and accusatory; if at all possible, take a really sexy ISTp with you; they are very attracted to their activity relations and are more open to anyone except for us in receiving information.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-30-2010 at 04:32 AM.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most important things in a relationship are outside of socionics. But socionics helps address the mechanics of how people think.

maturity and expectations are not particularly socionics related.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither is being hot

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most important things in a relationship are outside of socionics. But socionics helps address the mechanics of how people think.

No. Socionics is one way of looking at and describing relationships. It's a perspective, one which besides other things im(/pro)poses a way of relating maturity and expectations to people and their relationships.

To say that the most important things in a relationship are outside of socionics is a self-refuting statement. Socionics is not something that exists inside or outside of a relationship. It's an independent theoretical construct, aimed at explaining the psychological dynamics in a relationship.
    Last edited by Park; 10-30-2010 at 11:25 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But socionics helps address the mechanics of how people think.
    That's MBTI...socionics is more behavior-oriented. That's why people can have different MBTI and socionics types.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post
    That's MBTI...socionics is more behavior-oriented. That's why people can have different MBTI and socionics types.
    ...MBTI is based off of empirical observations.

Socionics isn't, or at least shouldn't be, imo. Heh ,,,,
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOBO, I have the toughest times trying to get through to other INFj's just because they are very closed off; they fear objects, and since people are objects, they suspect them and keep them at more than an arms distance; please read some of Jung's work about the introverted feeler type and you'll figure out where I'm coming from; I've worked hard at myself to evolve and consciously realize that I don't have to be the prototypical INFj, just because I have those genes. I want to understand my brain as well as understand why I am the way I am, helping me improve myself. I don't have a suggestion as to how you can help your supervisor get better organized. I suggest taking the bullet and standing up, but then, I've been shot down so often by other INFj's because of this closed door behavior, their primitive perception that they fail to overcome, that I think if you do it my way, you're going to ensure yourself as an enemy, but that you'll have your dignity and you've done the honest thing so the hell with this other INFj; if he can't grow up and grow past the confines of their limited perception, thinking, and brain, become open, receptive, and nice, realizing that they have nothing to fear, then then heck with them.

He doesn't take your help or anyone else's out of pride and out of stuborness of being right; if you can convince this person to only look at your suggestion, then maybe you can get somewhere. Ask to have a discussion and make the environment as "friendly" as possible, trying not to sound judgemental and accusatory; if at all possible, take a really sexy ISTp with you; they are very attracted to their activity relations and are more open to anyone except for us in receiving information.
    He's a nice guy, and I really doubt I'll be his enemy any time soon... He's just involved in a lot of things that are affecting even the basic things he has to do, like answer important e-mails, being available for emergencies, etc.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither is being hot
    Um I think to some degree "hotness" is socionically related.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    No. Socionics is one way of looking at and describing relationships. It's a perspective, one which besides other things im(/pro)poses a way of relating maturity and expectations to people and their relationships.

To say that the most important things in a relationship are outside of socionics is a self-refuting statement. Socionics is not something that exists inside or outside of a relationship. It's an independent theoretical construct, aimed at explaining the psychological dynamics in a relationship.
    I agree completely.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    your conflictor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people think in , how people think compared to others is what's deciding how their relationships with other turn out and how they react and adjust to different situations and live their lives (since they do that regarding to how they use different elements)

so if socionics deals with that, how is not how people think? i mean if it's possible to see how someone reasons and interpret things depending on if they disregard for example it's the definition on how people think.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither is being hot
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Um I think to some degree "hotness" is socionically related.
    *chuckles* Yes, there is a difference between hot looks and hot actions.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry, Minde. That's tough. I hope your sister isn't too hurt and I hope you're emotionally ok. I remember even with my grandmother's passing, that a big part of me hates death too, because I love to share my life, as I'm sure you do, especially with family. We, INFj's survive for our loved ones. It's never easy.
    Thanks. My sister is doing well. She had a bad headache that night and was shook up, but other than still having to get the stitches out she's pretty much recovered.

On another note, I haven't shared many pictures here lately...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah no pictures, what's up with that?

Also.....

I don't know the DNCH (?) subtype model very well, but from what I do know of it, I found something out that I wonder if others have seen:

The D/dominant subtypes seem sort of ........ simple?

Like, very blunt and almost relying on their leading function to a fault. Maybe I don't have a wide sample or maybe it's just that D subtypes are "more obvious", but, from what I can tell, a lot of D subtypes in my life are people I typically have some sort of angst about in terms of communication.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah no pictures, what's up with that?

Also.....

I don't know the DNCH (?) subtype model very well, but from what I do know of it, I found something out that I wonder if others have seen:

The D/dominant subtypes seem sort of ........ simple?

Like, very blunt and almost relying on their leading function to a fault. Maybe I don't have a wide sample or maybe it's just that D subtypes are "more obvious", but, from what I can tell, a lot of D subtypes in my life are people I typically have some sort of angst about in terms of communication.
    I think D dominant subtypes refers to Te and Fe, so therefore any type can be D sub, eg an SLI D is really an SLI-Te.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.

anyway, I like this take on DCNH, it makes some sense to me (found after a very quick rummage around)

Old DCNH Descriptions - the16types.info Socionics Forums

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, saying either theory is excusively thoughts or behaviors is too black-and-white. Both theories have both.

Somebody else told me that the way they distinguish between MBTI and socionics is by believing MBTI explains why people think the way they do and socionics is explains why people behave the way they do (which is why socionics has intertype relations). Since I was freaking confused about how the theories can coexist, I adopted this idea.

You've got to admit, this is quite behavioral:

Quote Originally Posted by Si in IEEs
    He often will obsess about his looks in front of the mirror, trying to get the right combination of preparedness and liberated comfort. It is embarrassing to come to an event overdressed, as the IEE would rather look like they simply came on a whim rather than over-prepared. They will usually undermine the time spent in preparation and will avoid speaking on the topic altogether. When getting sick, the IEE may stubbornly refuse or "conveniently forget" to take any sort of medicine. Their chosen method of dealing with sickness and physical discomfort is ignoring it until it can no longer be ignored. An IEE will frequently forget meals and sleep when excitedly working on a new project or in some sort of social gathering. Exhaustion, hunger, thirst, and full bladders will be ignored until the need is overwhelming and affects the IEE's concentration.
    And this is pretty thought-oriented:

Quote Originally Posted by Ti in EFJs
    Ti typically causes EFJs to aspire to behavioural standards that aren't defined by typical social norms. EFJs with low confidence may reject or even demonize Ti, preferring to instead go along with the observable expectations that others place on them. Because it is so adverse to the standpoint of Extraverted Feeling, Ti may sometimes seem too cold or emotionally detached, and thus EFJs might avoid it out of fear of losing their sense of self in the community. EFJs who can accept an introverted stance will realize that things don't have to be determined by what can be observed, and that they don't always have to agree with others just to get along; they can introduce their own ideas, think with their own minds, and determine how the world works through their own subjective perceptions.
    For other ideas on how MBTI and socionics can go together, I'm all ears.
    Last edited by blankblank; 11-07-2010 at 02:42 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

A couple of weeks ago I started getting upper chest pain, right under the lower part of the rib cage; right away I stared worrying because the pain was really bad and I was dreading to see a doctor and get a blood workup. My friends, who are doctors kept asking me to go to the lab and get a liver panel. I put it off because I was too scared. I discovered, last week, that the pain was actually a muscle pain. I am on my way to recover.

But, in a lot of pain.

I guess I'm telling a story or eliciting sympathy; take it as you will; just a normal whining INFj (and here I am trying to out grow evolution or to evolve). Oh well, maybe after I get better

Just the other day, I was taking a friendly stroll around the corner block when on the ground, I noticed a big thorny seed. I looked up to see the tree it had fallen from to see if there were others and noticed that yes indeed there were. I wondered (get ready for my Ne...drum rolls please) about the evolution of plants and seeds. It occur to me that trees know that they need to evolve in order to survive. That yes, they don't have a central nervous system and yes they don't have a brain, but they have memory and memory must exist in intercellular structure; how else would a tree remember that if it doesn't produce effective seeds and evolve to produce better seeds that it can't propagate? All living things are held to the laws of nature, which is to survive and that tree has evolved, by memory of adaptation to produce or to get itself to make a great huge thorny seed so that when it falls from it's branches it can firmly take hold in the soil and propagate. So it does have memory and it is able to remember it's mistakes and correct them which is to evolve really.

I am wonder if my efforts in my personal evolution will help produce new INFj's and will the new INFj be brighter and bigger then me? I feel, within my seeds that our survival has to do with letting go of some of our fears and suspicious kind of behavior. I don't know how right I am (or how objective my ideas are), but that's up to the Extraverts to tell me.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

socionics and astrology can go to gether well

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not sure how much value I place on socionics. Personality changes through life, and behaviour changes, so it can be easy to confuse personality and behaviour with type.

Also, something I struggle with in terms of people interaction is close-mindedness. Close mindedness can also be a personality trait and such a thing will affect my interaction with a person regardless of type.

So moving away from personality and behaviour, it seems socionics describes a method of processing information which is a pretty difficult thing to determine. Supposing this is the case then we need to interact with someone extremely closely in order for a complementary information processing to come through. And then there's people who are duals and the relationship doesn't work out. So if I were to ask myself if I get on with close friends and previous partners - is it because we have things in common or is it to do with this 'information processing' thing.

Also, as I understand it, Jung said that he things type can change in a persons life. In a way the functions represent archetypes (something Jung was focused on throughout his works), who's to say that your preferred method of processing 'information' can't change, much like a particular archetype?

So yeah, socionics does still have a use to describe someone or some people who demonstrate these 'archetypes', but i'm not sold on it being a hard and fast practical science, although in theory it looks great, in practice there's too much going on in a persons development and their life circumstance that so many other things affect them and the sort of people they will get on with.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I remember dating a girl before who was complaining about having no money, and I said to her, "well, why don't you stop spending £100 a month on a fucking haircut". Seemed like good advice to me. Turned out I never saw her again.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    I remember dating a girl before who was complaining about having no money, and I said to her, "well, why don't you stop spending £100 a month on a fucking haircut". Seemed like good advice to me. Turned out I never saw her again.
    Things like that help you see what type of person you're dealing with. That's why I tend to be direct and outspoken, sometimes even purposefully "test" people's reactions to certain things so that I know what to expect from that relationship. Because no matter how hard you try and want a certain relationship to work and evolve, there are some things that are pretty close to being "set in stone", and will reoccur for indefinite number of times if provoked. Like, for instance, if that girl didn't take your advice in the way it was meant (an honest practical advice and nothing else) that time, you can pretty much bet that she'll take any advice of that kind in a negative way (and get offended/repelled/whatever), and you also know you'll be inclined to give such advice whenever the situation presents itself again, i.e whenever she complains about a similar issue in the future. I think you get my point...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.