Page 60 of 163 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,400 of 6493

Thread: Delta Lounge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love flying itīs such a big thrill... when the plane starts to accelerate and then itīs out of the runway the best part comes, you start going up so fast that you feel stuck in your seat and sometimes the pilot makes a turn at this point and itīs even greater, I get somewhat dizzy, once I thought I was going to be unconscious because of going up so fast. Landing is much more boring.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Hmmmmmm... why not type people in real life? You can always change your mind.

Or if you're stuck ask someone for feedback.

Or is typing simply a forum abstraction?

Typing people in real life is interesting. Seriously... in my experience, I've found all sorts of people having the same type... I think internet typing at least here is too mechanised. Or maybe I'm just happy my friends all get me and yet to the 'untrained' eye they appear diverse.
    Typing on the forum can be sort of hit or miss. It has always been that way, as far as I know.

Typing in real life... well, it's about knowing what things to focus on. One of the biggest tricks about socionics is that the easiest things to 'spot' or point out to other people who don't know it are rather common, stereotypical manifestations of a psychological type.

Like saying "all SFs are social", and "all NTs are nerds" and "all STs are into sports".

I think the more you go into socionics and are able to look at things (what it means to value Fi > Fe, and what that means therefore in terms of Ti and Te).

I think the forum sometimes lends to overfocusing on certain information elements, at some times, and loses sight of how the elements all function in concert, depending on the type - depending on what functional slot the information elements are in. And, perhaps consequently or related-ly, the more broader generalizations come off as very bland or 'sterotyping'.

I feel like a lot of typing and even 'thinking' about socionics misses the boat, misses the point. And it's honestly rather problematic because it's not just being accurate or inaccurate in a statement or remark, it's how the subject of such remarks are being interpreted or thought about to begin with. Any time you're telling or trying to educate someone on 'how' to think, that's trouble.

It can be a wilderness at times, it seems.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Please don't tie good/bad, good/evil, make generalizations by sticking to systems, etc with the type of the person; people are individuals. And please don't put people in catagories. *OH WAIT MY CONTRADICTION...I'M TYPING THEM AND PLACING THEM IN SOCIONICS TYPES.

It's nice that us EII can evaluate our own contradictions.
    I know, it's bad to dislike "S-types". Which is why I said I have hope to break my own stereotypes.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone has a problem with typing people in real life they can PM me, I can describe some people I know, maybe add a few pictures and one can try finding out the type. It aint that great as the information would be limited only to what I write (as oposed to what you could know in real life), but it could prove interesting or even usefull practice. So if anyone wants a shot, go ahead and PM me. Oh and I wont be judging how one types or whether I think something is type related or not etc. Maybe this could lead to more selfconfidence in typing aswell.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been doing some volunteer work at an animal shelter for a few months now. Last night the owner of the shelter who is such a wonderful woman got on the news protesting about puppy farms and saving puppy farm dogs - she was helping treat two bitches for breast cancer and spreading the word. What else have I been up to lately? Well, not much, because exams are around the corner, but I'm painting a mural for the shelter after that

What has every one been up to here? Do any of you do volunteer work and if so, what is it? What do you all like to do in your spare time?

I just thought I'd say hi really, it's been a little while.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Hmmmmmm... why not type people in real life? You can always change your mind.

Or if you're stuck ask someone for feedback.

Or is typing simply a forum abstraction?

Typing people in real life is interesting. Seriously... in my experience, I've found all sorts of people having the same type... I think internet typing at least here is too mechanised. Or maybe I'm just happy my friends all get me and yet to the 'untrained' eye they appear diverse.
    Words, do I know you? I get the feeling we've talked before.

About the changing my mind thing - I think that's part of it, too. Of course I could change my mind. But my tendency is to remain. Like most things, it's both an advantage for me and a drawback. I wait forever sometimes to make up my mind about something and then once I do it tends to stick until and unless I find some really good reason to switch. I'm not saying that's a good quality of mine, but it's a tendency nonetheless.

As for asking someone for feedback - this is going to sound maybe a bit snobbish, but I don't really know many I'd feel comfortable with in that way. When I go to someone for feedback on something I tend to only go to people I see are competent in that area. And (please, nobody feel insulted) there aren't many people around here anymore who I feel fall into that category.

It's not just competence, though. I also usually only go to people who I think would actually care and who I could trust. I don't want to bother someone with my stories and people and questions if they don't want it. Again, probably not the best mindset for this, but it's one thing that's held me back.

And I totally agree that people of the same type can be hugely different and individual. As Greeter was saying before, people are so much more than type.

I've lately been thinking that perhaps I should try teaching socionics to the people close to me, since teaching is a fantastic way to learn and become comfortable with something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    If anyone has a problem with typing people in real life they can PM me, I can describe some people I know, maybe add a few pictures and one can try finding out the type. It aint that great as the information would be limited only to what I write (as oposed to what you could know in real life), but it could prove interesting or even usefull practice. So if anyone wants a shot, go ahead and PM me. Oh and I wont be judging how one types or whether I think something is type related or not etc. Maybe this could lead to more selfconfidence in typing aswell.
    Cool, I might take you up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    I have been doing some volunteer work at an animal shelter for a few months now. Last night the owner of the shelter who is such a wonderful woman got on the news protesting about puppy farms and saving puppy farm dogs - she was helping treat two bitches for breast cancer and spreading the word. What else have I been up to lately? Well, not much, because exams are around the corner, but I'm painting a mural for the shelter after that
    I have a friend who's been painting murals lately, and the school that I work at has occasionally had groups do murals. What's your mural going to have in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    What has every one been up to here? Do any of you do volunteer work and if so, what is it? What do you all like to do in your spare time?

I just thought I'd say hi really, it's been a little while.
    I've done a ton of volunteer work in the past, the majority of which was spending my summers working at a Bible camp. Truly one of the best times of my life thus far.

In my spare time I like photography.

Lately I've been pretty busy with work - teaching and website building.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm planing my holiday which is after two weeks. Cape Town, here I come , for now Im just trying to do as much work as possible so it wont bite me in the ass later on. Oh well, life is good latelly too, my girlfriend is visiting me at the moment, so I have quite great everyday life.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anybody else typed themselves in terms of enneagram tritypes (or if you just have decided what three enneagram types you are most like, disregarding the gut/heart/head centers)?

I've decided my enneagram tritype is 6>1>2 instead of 6>2>1.

Although I identify with both 1 and 2, I don't identify as much with type 2 in the sense that I'm perfectly aware of when I am and am not being selfless. I always know I am selfless in the sense that my initial empathy for someone is not focused upon myself. But I also never deny that after the initial stage of empathy, or instead of it, I can get very selfish.

I identify more with type 1 in terms of being hypercritical of everyone and thinking differences are "bad" or "wrong". I get angry at people all the time for everything someone says or does that is not something I would do or say.

As for 6, well, I identify with nearly everything said about them.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post
    Has anybody else typed themselves in terms of enneagram tritypes (or if you just have decided what three enneagram types you are most like, disregarding the gut/heart/head centers)?

Although I identify with both 1 and 2, I don't identify as much with type 2 in the sense that I'm perfectly aware of when I am and am not being selfless. I always know I am selfless in the sense that my initial empathy for someone is not focused upon myself. But I also never deny that after the initial stage of empathy, or instead of it, I can get very selfish.

I identify more with type 1 in terms of being hypercritical of everyone and thinking differences are "bad" or "wrong". I get angry at people all the time for everything someone says or does that is not something I would do or say.

I don't have a lot of knowledge of the E, but None does and he might be able to help you. Someone will.

I've noticed that you're in repeat mode. Step away from the system for a minute to get yourself away from the triviality and concentrate on the content of a totally different topic to get yourself out of this stage, it's common to EII.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed that you're in repeat mode. Step away from the system for a minute to get yourself away from the triviality and concentrate on the content of a totally different topic to get yourself out of this stage, it's common to EII.
    Repeat mode?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's probably a ot mroe talk about it in the non-socionics subforums. It was more talked about a while back on the forum but people stilll talk about it.

I don't really go that in depth with the enneagram, but I think it is very useful. Types and their wings make a lottttt of sense. enneagram nicely fits with socionics in that they address two very different parts of the psyche; paint a more complete picture together.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    There's probably a ot mroe talk about it in the non-socionics subforums. It was more talked about a while back on the forum but people stilll talk about it.

I don't really go that in depth with the enneagram, but I think it is very useful. Types and their wings make a lottttt of sense. enneagram nicely fits with socionics in that they address two very different parts of the psyche; paint a more complete picture together.
    Well, I am trying to find somewhere where I can talk about the enneagram more lightheartedly and personal instead of just discussing the theory...

I really don't see the point of wings...I mean, I, for one, am not a 5 or a 7 at all. So it doesn't really make sense to label me as "6w5".

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iīm 1>3>6 .

You may like the Enneagram subforum on this forum to talk abt Enneagram.

Wings make sense because if you pay attention to yourself you will notice that sometimes you are behaving like some of your two wings. One wing you prefer so you deviate to it more than to the other, this is the logic of wings. Iīve observed it IRL and it can be seen.

I for myself think the Enneagram is as useful as socionics or perhaps even more useful, as a basic tool to actually know yourself. Socionics is much more useful about interactions and understanding the interactions of people. As a tool for knowing your own self and to a lesser extent, othersī , Enneagram is very good. I like it as much if not better than socionics.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I am trying to find somewhere where I can talk about the enneagram more lightheartedly and personal instead of just discussing the theory...

I really don't see the point of wings...I mean, I, for one, am not a 5 or a 7 at all. So it doesn't really make sense to label me as "6w5".
    then perhaps you're more a pure 6, than having a lean. I definitely have a somewhat strong wing, myself.

Why do you find tritypes more valuable than wings?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by None View Post
    You may like the Enneagram subforum on this forum to talk about Enneagram.
    Meh, I just wanted a more lounge-y place to talk about it. But I guess I'll restrict my enneagram discussions to there from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu
    Why do you find tritypes more valuable than wings?
    Okay, to avoid potential arguments, please understand that when I say "I don't like ___" I'm not saying "___ is totally false". I'm literally saying "I don't like ___".

As for my opinion, if someone does not have the basic fears and desires of the types that happen to be next to their primary type, I don't see why a person should forcibly have a wing of one of those types. I always get 6w5. However, I do not act like a 5 nor do I have the fears and desires of a 5. I don't withdraw from the world, I don't try to know everything, and I don't avoid my real problems. But I'm not a 7, either. I'm not positive, I don't try to be skilled in many things, and I don't feel like I don't know what I want out of life. Labeling me as "6w5" seems like just a way of saying I'm phobic instead of counterphobic and that I'm introverted instead of extroverted. There can be some merit in that, but if someone understood the 1>2 side of me they'd understand my actions and thoughts so much better.

If the wings work for some people, then great for them. I, though, don't understand the relevance. And yes I am open to explanations.

As for tritypes, the three types I most identify with happened to coincide with the tritype theory. I don't consider that important; I just call it "tritypes" when I talk to other people about it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm having tummy aches
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I'm having tummy aches
    u were always such a whinger

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    u were always such a whinger
    LOL; what's a "whinger"?

PS. I don't complain unless I feel really really really bad.
    -

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

LOL; what's a "whinger"?

PS. I don't complain unless I feel really really really bad.
    Urban Dictionary: whinger

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You're a care taker...what should I do?
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All these eharmony commercials show Te EJ guys a lot, esp LSEs.

Fi dual seeking much?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No, horny LSE men who need to have sex much...and don't really care about having a relationship.
    -

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

You're a care taker...what should I do?
    kill yourself

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

step out of the lounge, pick a spot (you obnoxious piece of shit)
    I don't want to clean up after you. Kill yourself somewhere far far away from me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This lounge isn't an invitation for scummy behavior like the one you display. This is supposed to be a place where people don't argue, fight, bring their junk in.
    -

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

This lounge isn't an invitation for scummy behavior like the one you display. This is supposed to be a place where people don't argue, fight, bring their junk in.
    you were the one asking for advice!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

you were the one asking for advice!
    Your comment shows "class"? You so advocate of class....
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, horny LSE men who need to have sex much...and don't really care about having a relationship.
    IDK what you're talking about.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

IDK what you're talking about.
    EHarmony commercials are not representative of Fi dual seeking.
    -

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Your comment shows "class"? You so advocate of class....
    not when i'm relaxing ...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EHarmony commercials are not representative of Fi dual seeking.
    i know, I was 'making conversation'

You advocator of class, you. I think that's good way to say it, actually.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i know, I was 'making conversation'

You advocator of class, you. I think that's good way to say it, actually.
    I can't believe she has anymore class than any hooker off the streets.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If you want to speak about me and who I am then post it outside of the Lounge...you're making this place very unpleasant for me.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I guess we'll have to take your word for that considering your vast experience with people of that nature...and our extremely limited experience meerly viewing them from afar without the intimate details with which you are evidently blessed...I have had help writing this from a loving SLE friend...I thought you should know he has much more power then I do.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-29-2010 at 05:57 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

loving SLE friend? who are you? an alien?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What are you guys up to on a lovely Friday evening?

I'm learning all about wine and I've decided to join my dual cousin and go wine tasting; we are both beginners and it's nice that we can laugh at our inexperience and take ourselves lightly.

She can memorize everything, all the ridiculous details and I'm there forming concepts and ideas about which food we should pair each wine with. I can't get over at how nice it is to memorize so much info and be so accurate about it. I wish I had this ability; instead, all this info goes in my head and the first thing that comes out is ideas about this thing and that thing...oh well.

We went to Rosso, in Montrose, this time and tried 5 wines two from France, two from Italy, and one from Spain; I feel like

rosso wine shop
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-02-2010 at 06:53 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I saw a poster today of a an ENFp lady who sold or gave away all her possessions on August 3rd and disappeared on August 4th; without for a while can be a detriment

I hope someone who loves her will find her. I will help her or try to find help for her if I find her.

Ne, in the russian socionics, is known to sell and give away their possessions because they start to bother the person and they can't tolerate being around objects.

One way I plan that Socionics will help, is helping the community of homeless, depressed and distressed individuals, most of who tend to be N types.

If only to help people somehow become stronger, healthier, and well off.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-03-2010 at 12:48 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i was going to upload a couple of really cute photos of my puppy, but my phone is being a jerk. it would let me send all my other photos, but not those ones.

so, in the meantime, for your viewing pleasure, here is the beautiful dwight bobblehead i inherited from an awesome coworker:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is supposed to be the use of subtypes? It sounds like a way of saying, "Are you a more extreme or less extreme example of your type?"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another use might be "How do you differ from others of your type?".

When 16 types just doesn't cut it, subtypes add another level of differentiation.