Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Alas, if only you were my woman, then you would have the privilege of rightly expecting an answer to all of your questions.
    Is that why you keep ignoring my story request?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, but that attitude from Martisa sure won't make me be more receptive to her.

For you, WA, I just don't know what to say. We were friends who thought each other was hot, and it went from there.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I haven't been here in quite a while.

Ryu, someone's challenging your self-typing. Aren't you going to defend it?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I haven't been here in quite a while.

Ryu, someone's challenging your self-typing. Aren't you going to defend it?
    your age is showing.

I've 'defended it' several times - before you ever came to the forum. Nobody is saying anything new. I have nothing new to say either. If anybody wants to ask me about it they can - as I described in my last post in that thread.

It's more or less this same cluster of people with the same inclinations. Gilly has made a number of threads, periodically, trying to instigate things. I'd take him more seriously if he did something other than "bitch" at me about how something I wrote illustrates Fe valuing or Se polr or that I'm LII. I take him even less seriously because he keeps referring to things from years ago, instead of actually engaging me, as a person. The amount of times he's PMd me to talk about things, and I think even PMd me at all, in the last 2 years is zero.

As far as long, elaborate threads discussing my type, there's been about 10 of them in the past. The early ones I was probably more bratty in - I looked at some of my old posts recently, and I was indeed rather juvenile. I don't think "defending" my type in that method on the forum is useful or conducive to either understanding or 'good socioncs'. If you want to understand what I think about my type, or want to talk about socionics personally, use PMs.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unsolicited relationship advice:

any relationship you start out of fear or depravity or simply 'wanting' -- negatively influenced relationships -- tend to not turn out too well. I advise against them. Things can blossom, but, still....

Further more, (especially for dudes), the more you can be 'strong' and not influenced by moods or bad things within a relationship, the better.

The more you act out of insecurity or in a state where you are feeling uncomfortable, the worse things go- because of that outside influence that is a detriment to your clarity, accessing wisdom, and making good choices. The more you let fear and all those other "dark side" (star wars) feelings influence you, the more likely problematic situations can arise.

Like most things in life, if you can keep your head on straight, you'll do well.
    And boy, do people notice when you can keep your head on straight. It has rewards

... unless you're dealing with someone really crazy or highly problematic - but then it's not worth it at all and you should dispose of them.

Actually, that's a rather good test - when someone is out of line or being crazy, and you keep you head, how do the handle it? Do they eventually come around and see that you were being level or doing good things? or do they not acknowledge it, write you off, don't care?

if they aren't capable of acknowledging positively that you are being sane when they aren't, then maybe that's not a situation you ought to be in .

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, but that attitude from Martisa sure won't make me be more receptive to her.

For you, WA, I just don't know what to say. We were friends who thought each other was hot, and it went from there.
    Like, you two just one day told each other that you think the other is hot? How did you decide to share this feeling with each other?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Alas, if only you were my woman, then you would have the privilege of rightly expecting an answer to all of your questions.
    If that is what's required for you to give an answer, then you don't have to give me one, because I'm not your woman. I will not be anyone's possession for that matter. I'm here to share my life, not be owned. Although, object of affection is nice; it still allows me to be my own person.

After giving it some thought, I'm not going to resort to being mean to you, this saves my sanity more then makes you feel terrible.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-14-2010 at 03:34 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sang her a rick atsley song

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    If that is what's required for you to give an answer, then you don't have to give me one, because I'm not your woman. I will not be anyone's possession for that matter. I'm here to share my life, not be owned. Although, object of affection is nice; it still allows me to be my own person.

After giving it some thought, I'm not going to resort to being mean to you, this saves my sanity more then makes you feel terrible.
    attempts at guiltiness me or 'trying' to make me feel terrible tend to not work very well.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

attempts at guiltiness me or 'trying' to make me feel terrible tend to not work very well.
    really? they work great with my duals because that's what I'm made of and that is what is valued in me within duality

I guess, if it doesn't work on you then you must have your own Fi and don't need my own.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more intentionally you try to manipulate my emotions or 'make me feel bad', the more I say fuck off.

The best NFs try to get me to look at what I'm doing and how it affects my relationships. Trying to instigate mood changes in me is too for my liking.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The more intentionally you try to manipulate my emotions or 'make me feel bad', the more I say fuck off.

The best NFs try to get me to look at what I'm doing and how it affects my relationships. Trying to instigate mood changes in me is too for my liking.
    Fe actually doesn't investigate other's moods; they investigate their own. Fi investigates the moods of others. That is how us Fi types bond and seek relationships.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitions of instigate on the Web:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We don't instigate other's moods, we ask simply and if we sense that you're not feeling well, we'll nag you, sure, but Fe ego types won't do that. They care about their own emotions and miss the inner emotions of other people, because they ignore it.

I feel like the reason why I provoke your emotions is because we just don't click somehow. But that's okay, we can have relations on all levels.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the great relationship advice; next time, would you please exclude "dispose" word in reference to human beings; people are much to precious for such referred treatment of them.
    -

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    There's the opposite kind where there are lots of people around, a crowd even, but no one I know or can connect/talk with. When I feel that kind of loneliness it's usually because the people I'm around are hugely different from me and/or I'm craving calmer surroundings. Like a foreign airport or a loud party. So it's usually "my own fault" for not reaching out.
    I'm glad you brought this up, since it's not an obvious loneliness but more of a loneliness by lack of connectedness. The sense of guilt related to not being able to properly immerse with others makes me feel more isolated than actual solitude.
    I'm sure a lot of people feel, or felt, this way but might be better at blending in with the atmosphere, even though they feel the same sense of detachment inside

I sang her a rick atsley song

Fe actually doesn't investigate other's moods; they investigate their own. Fi investigates the moods of others. That is how us Fi types bond and seek relationships.

Aushra Augusta

Black (extraverted) ethics
    Perceives information about processes taking place in objects — first of all, emotional processes that are taking place in people, their excitation or subduedness, and their moods. This perceptual element implies the ability to know what excites people, and what suppresses them. It defines a person's ability or inability to control his emotional state, and also the emotional states of other people.

When this element is in the leading position, the individual has the innate ability to induce or convey his moods to others and energize people with his emotions. He is able to activate the psychological/spiritual lives of other people and their emotional readiness for action. You might say that such a person has the ability to infect others with his moods and tends to impose on others the emotional states that he considers beneficial for their life activities.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Marie, I surpress wild emotions of Fe, if you ever bothered hanging around the tinychat room and observing the interactions between my duals and I, you would see that interaction take place.
    -

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marie, I surpress wild emotions of Fe, if you ever bothered hanging around the tinychat room and observing the interactions between my duals and I, you would see that interaction take place.
    I was more so referring to what you posted about Fe vs Fi which is vastly different from the classical meanings

In terms of Fe= obnoxious or 'wild' emotions, that's more of an extreme of the totem of Fe nor does Augusta suggest that Fe is only related to extreme emotions, but all emotions, aka the ethics of emotions= Fe

Augusta (full description)

extraverted ethics Black (extraverted) ethics
    Perceives information about processes taking place in objects — first of all, emotional processes that are taking place in people, their excitation or subduedness, and their moods. This perceptual element implies the ability to know what excites people, and what suppresses them. It defines a person's ability or inability to control his emotional state, and also the emotional states of other people.

When this element is in the leading position, the individual has the innate ability to induce or convey his moods to others and energize people with his emotions. He is able to activate the psychological/spiritual lives of other people and their emotional readiness for action. You might say that such a person has the ability to infect others with his moods and tends to impose on others the emotional states that he considers beneficial for their life activities.

What people usually call emotions or a person's display of emotions is neither more nor less than a form of letting out this internal excitation directly, almost without expending it in muscle activity. A cheerful person who laughs releases an emotional charge and inner excitation through certain movements of the muscles of the face and body. This might be a means for reducing overexcitement, when inner exertion cannot be used for the activity it was intended for. But it can also be a conscious method of conveying one's excitement/agitation to others — inducing one's internal excitement/agitation in the psyches of other people. Anger, for example, is also a way of reducing overexcitement, but it is usually directed not at arousing others emotionally, but at emotionally suppressing and depleting them, at lowering their activity level, or at strictly channeling their activity.
    EII INFj

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thank Marie, that was interesting.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, that's a rather good test - when someone is out of line or being crazy, and you keep you head, how do the handle it? Do they eventually come around and see that you were being level or doing good things? or do they not acknowledge it, write you off, don't care?

if they aren't capable of acknowledging positively that you are being sane when they aren't, then maybe that's not a situation you ought to be in .
    :frown: This reminded me of a friendship I had with a SLE (I know, great relations there.). I don't really want to get into the details, but I was trying to be sane, but he had no interest in...being mature, I guess I would call it. It really hurt to know that while I was "keeping my head on", he was "out of line". I did NOT want to judge him that way, and I didn't while we were still in contact. But after our friendship was all done and over, thinking about what he said and did, it was obvious who had had their head screwed on.

But, yeah, it's a good test to see if you whould continue or break a relationship.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the great relationship advice; next time, would you please exclude "dispose" word in reference to human beings; people are much to precious for such referred treatment of them.
    You must not know any gammas that closely. . .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lolol.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate the sound of a man being angry towards a woman.

Something is going on in the apartment next door : /

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I hate the sound of a man being angry towards a woman.

Something is going on in the apartment next door : /
    YOU FUCKING DUMB BITCH HOW CAN YOU BE SO USELESS ... IF YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT JUST GOT OUT OF HERE .. GO, TAKE THE CHILDREN I DON'T WANT TO BE REMINDED OF YOU USELESS BITCH. ..

ahh ... peace ...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post
    Lolol.
    I hope you feel the warmth and coziness of the lounge.
    -

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you might be using Si first maritsa.... you always talk about 'comfort' 'coziness' etc etc etc blah blah blah. meh whatever.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

qft!

btw I like Gammas
    EII INFj

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    qft!

btw I like Gammas
    I was gonna say that too!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    YOU FUCKING DUMB BITCH HOW CAN YOU BE SO USELESS ... IF YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT JUST GOT OUT OF HERE .. GO, TAKE THE CHILDREN I DON'T WANT TO BE REMINDED OF YOU USELESS BITCH. ..

ahh ... peace ...
    Kind of, but usually it's more this whiny, insecurity driven thing that is warped into sounding 'mean' or 'violent'

It's a patheticness, sort of - seeing someone so fully possessed by their own ego.

merc's example was more sort of...... disregard. not the same.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    I think you might be using Si first maritsa.... you always talk about 'comfort' 'coziness' etc etc etc blah blah blah. meh whatever.
    I'm a hostess sometimes. And, we have a policy, no typing in the lounge. Please try to respect that. I think this should be a warm and positive place for new comers. EII types require a pleasant atmosphere, that's were we generally prefer an Si atmosphere over Se (interruption of pleasant atmosphere with commotion and outside noises).

Thank you.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a hostess sometimes.
    Yeah, she wears french maid outfits and bakes brownies. Serves milk, too.

I hear goat milk is really good - anyone ever have that?

I've only had goat cheese

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a hostess sometimes. And, we have a policy, no typing in the lounge. Please try to respect that. I think this should be a warm and positive place for new comers. EII types require a pleasant atmosphere, that's were we generally prefer an Si atmosphere over Se (interruption of pleasant atmosphere with commotion and outside noises).

Thank you.
    Um.. Self-appointed hostess who makes her own rules for this thread?
    .................................................. ...................................
    Sorry everyone If i upset you, i however just noted that Maritsa is showing a heap of Si in the delta lounge. I didnt realize it would offend you all. I also didnt realize i wasn't allowed to talk socionics types in this thread.....
    .................................................. ...................................
    Last day of school for me. Im on break now!! .
    I wear a school-girl outfit and hand out heart chocolates to people all the time. perhaps i may become a hostess here too??

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Um.. Self-appointed hostess who makes her own rules for this thread?
    Sorry everyone If i upset you, i however just noted that Maritsa is showing a heap of Si in the delta lounge. I didnt realize it would offend you all. I also didnt realize i wasn't allowed to talk socionics types in this thread.....
    Last day of school for me. Im on break now!! .
    I wear a school-girl outfit and hand out heart chocolates to people all the time. perhaps i may become a hostess here too??
    INFj's have Si activation function; when around Si, our activities far surpass those of Si ego block types
    When we are not around this function, our activities with regard to this function, disappears and leaves no trace.

Please read about socionics and place full pictures together prior to typing and access people's posts so you can read them and compare them to intertype relations as well.
    -

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj's have Si activation function; when around Si, our activities far surpass those of Si ego block types

Please read about socionics and place full pictures together prior to typing and access people's posts so you can read them and compare them to intertype relations as well.
    Yes, perhaps. But you make a big drama out of it! And try to get everybody's attention about it. To you, it is very important it seems.
    .................................................. .......................................
    To the rest of us, we quietly enjoy it, without needing to mention it.
    .................................................. .......................................
    Maybe if you post me a link about it, saying that INFj's bring up Si in conversation all the time, then i may be more inclined to believing you. As of yet, i have not come across any information that supports your voicing of Si all the time.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes, perhaps. But you make a big drama out of it! And try to get everybody's attention about it. To you, it is very important it seems.
    To the rest of us, we quietly enjoy it, without needing to mention it.
    Maybe if you post me a link about it, saying that INFj's bring up Si in conversation all the time, then i may be more inclined to believing you. As of yet, i have not come across any information that supports your voicing of Si all the time.
    Si is very important to all INFj's it is in our vital block and without it we would be unhealthy. I make a big deal because it's pleasant to me, I value it because it's important to me, and because it makes me feel healthy and good. It's like getting your own dose of good feeling medicine, so why shouldn't I value it and help promote it. I will. Not only for myself, but for others as well.

Ryu, the OP of this thread is in favor of that. Ask him.
    -

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si is very important to all INFj's it is in our vital block and without it we would be unhealthy. I make a big deal because it's pleasant to me, I value it because it's important to me, and because it makes me feel healthy and good. It's like getting your own dose of good feeling medicine, so why shouldn't I value it and help promote it. I will. Not only for myself, but for others as well.

Ryu, the OP of this thread is in favor of that. Ask him.
    Yet again you failed to provide sufficient evidence. I care not for your thoughts on this matter. I would like research to back up what you're saying. Otherwise I don't see truth behind your words. I only stated what I believe other people are observing to. Oh and I checked and cannot find any written rules about this thread.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yet again you failed to provide sufficient evidence. I care not for your thoughts on this matter. I would like research to back up what you're saying. Otherwise I don't see truth behind your words. I only stated what I believe other people are observing to. Oh and I checked and cannot find any written rules about this thread.
    Go look for it. I'm not at your will. The written rules about this thread is an agreement between the members and RYU and the agreement is at heart and not written.
    -

TIM
    IEE - ENFp - ENFP
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People are fighting.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbelle View Post
    People are fighting.
    I'm sorry.

We'll make it better.
    -