Results 2,121 to 2,160 of 6489

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Figs are a wonderful source of iron and calcium..ummm; I stuffed them with goat cheese and baked them for a few minutes then drizzled them with honey, and had them with a crisp and cool chardonnay

Figs reduce estrogen in a woman's body which increases their sex drive; I guess Cleopatra was big into Figs and no wonder; I think she has the world record for having the most "fun" Well...

I like the black better sometimes...

Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-29-2010 at 06:52 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

PS. Ovens aren't only made for baking cookies and brownies, despite what some Delta men like to believe.

I like to see myself as perfecting the details in the lounge..RYU made the place; I'm adding flowers and maybe figs with goat cheese and hopefully entertaining with palatable decadence.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-29-2010 at 03:54 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Creepy-male

Ovens are for baking fish

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I fucking baked some brownies in my oven today, and there's nothing wrong with that.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No one said anything was WRONG with it.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    PS. Ovens aren't only made for baking cookies and brownies, despite what some Delta men like to believe.

I like to see myself as perfecting the details in the lounge..RYU made the place; I'm adding flowers and maybe figs with goat cheese and hopefully entertaining with palatable decadence.
    that's a really great idea Maritsa. Sounds like a really great combination, I may try making that sometime!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one said anything was WRONG with it.
    Good, but you're not getting any.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Good, but you're not getting any.
    Why not?
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you want any?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

do you want any?
    You said I wasn't getting any; I asked why not. I'm not answering YOUR QUESTION, YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION FIRST.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I don't know if you deserve to have them or not.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I only take the kind with SUPPORT. Otherwise, they don't taste very good. So, if you don't have any of those then perhaps they weren't for me.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So acturs = galen

what does galen mean?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So acturs = galen

what does galen mean?
    Jeez it's been what, two weeks, and you already forgot my handle?

Galen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(it was arctures btw)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thank you Arctures/Galen. When you changed your name, you kept your avatar so I was able to make the connection that it was you and not lose site of the bond that I had formed with you, which I did not want to go to waste or be lost in confusion. You kept things fairly consistent and the change over was smooth, just like Delta way of doing things...
    -

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa do you form strong bonds with ppl only by reading their messages on a forum board and replying to them? Isn´t that an exaggeration of ?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    Maritsa do you form strong bonds with ppl only by reading their messages on a forum board and replying to them? Isn´t that an exaggeration of ?
    Yes, also by sending them PM's and getting to know them on an intimate level. What do you mean by exaggeration of Fi, Fi is only a feed of information you connect to; like getting a keen look at the psychological atmosphere around one's self. Fi is a feeling and connecting to those feelings from object or subject on an emotional level.

Wiki:

" is generally associated with the ability to gain an implicit sense of the subjective 'distance' between two people, and make judgments based off of said thing.Types with valued strive to make and maintain close, personal relationships with their friends and family. They value sensitivity to others' feelings, and occasionally will make their innermost feelings and sentiments known in order to test the possibility of creating closeness with others. "

It can't be an exaggeration if it's who I am.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-01-2010 at 05:16 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I went dancing last night. We dance salsa, merengue, cha cha, and rumba. At first, I wanted it to be just with my ESE cousin and I, but I was too late. She called up my LSE cousin, who I did not feel like seeing last night because I wanted to have a day off from duality. Ever feel like socionics is burning you out? Well, I felt that way last night. LSE's have this tendency to move fast and make sure they control you as well as direct your attention to outward activity; with my ESE cousin, I can take it easy and not be forced to focus externally. These things are especially important when I'm not feeling well; I feel that ESE can be very good care takers. My LSE cousin kept asking me "what's wrong? what's wrong?"; nothing was wrong; I just wasn't feeling well, but I felt like because I was with her, I had to focus on the dance and forget about my body's reaction to things completely, which I'm not always able to do.

I don't have to worry about getting my steps right with my ESE cousin and I don't have to worry so much about whether she's having a good time or not or whether she's relaxing as I do when I'm with my dual. My dual cousin seems to appreciate my friendly nature (I attract a lot of tallented dance teachers when I'm on the floor, I don't know why) and I direct all of these teachers to dance with her, because she loves to dance with good dancers and I know this is important for her. Yeah I meet her needs, but does she meet my own?
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typical scenario:

Minde: X is really great. It has these good qualities - a, b, and c - and it does d and e. I've tried it and I really like it. You should try it, too. I think it would be a good fit for you.
    Ryu: No. [insert some reason/excuse, often relating to "I don't want to / don't like it / don't see its merit / haven't tried it / superficially tried it eons ago and hated it / etc."]

*some time later*

Ryu: OMG!!! X is amazing! I love it for a, b, c, d, e, and f! Why hasn't anyone told me about it before now? I've been missing out on so much! This is the best thing since sliced bread!!!
    Minde: ... *headdesk*
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Typical scenario:

Minde: X is really great. It has these good qualities - a, b, and c - and it does d and e. I've tried it and I really like it. You should try it, too. I think it would be a good fit for you.
    Ryu: No. [insert some reason/excuse, often relating to "I don't want to / don't like it / don't see its merit / haven't tried it / superficially tried it eons ago and hated it / etc."]

*some time later*

Ryu: OMG!!! X is amazing! I love it for a, b, c, d, e, and f! Why hasn't anyone told me about it before now? I've been missing out on so much! This is the best thing since sliced bread!!!
    LOL HAHAHA

Sorry, I couldn't help it.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NFs need help with living. it's cute.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typical scenario:

*some time later*

Yeah, I'm so glad you've returned to the forum

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NFs need help with living. it's cute.
    that's because life is hard :frown:
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typical scenario:

*some time later*

that reminds me a LOT of my LSE ex-boss!!!
    Appraisal of people is included in such scenarios.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the clint eastwood classic Dirty Harry is a very good example of an SLI 9w8. Saw it tonight.

also,

well,

i'm tired.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I met my fifth EII friend yesterday.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I met my fifth EII friend yesterday.
    April ?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went dancing last night. We dance salsa, merengue, cha cha, and rumba. At first, I wanted it to be just with my ESE cousin and I, but I was too late. She called up my LSE cousin, who I did not feel like seeing last night because I wanted to have a day off from duality. Ever feel like socionics is burning you out? Well, I felt that way last night. LSE's have this tendency to move fast and make sure they control you as well as direct your attention to outward activity; with my ESE cousin, I can take it easy and not be forced to focus externally. These things are especially important when I'm not feeling well; I feel that ESE can be very good care takers. My LSE cousin kept asking me "what's wrong? what's wrong?"; nothing was wrong; I just wasn't feeling well, but I felt like because I was with her, I had to focus on the dance and forget about my body's reaction to things completely, which I'm not always able to do.

I don't have to worry about getting my steps right with my ESE cousin and I don't have to worry so much about whether she's having a good time or not or whether she's relaxing as I do when I'm with my dual. My dual cousin seems to appreciate my friendly nature (I attract a lot of tallented dance teachers when I'm on the floor, I don't know why) and I direct all of these teachers to dance with her, because she loves to dance with good dancers and I know this is important for her. Yeah I meet her needs, but does she meet my own?
    Feminism demolished the affective lives of male LSEs. Now our malish nature is seen as too demanding and women prefer ESEs or SEEs. LSEs aren´t understood even by their duals, so what to expect... I feel a lot of my beta-ish personality has developed out of a deep resentment that I was never understood by anyone. So I use to give people what they deserve for being such stupid and dumb people who cannot understand me. People only understand the law of force, ultimately, anyway. But in love relations I can´t use physical force or direct confrontation or imposing my will as a valid strategy. I wouldn´t. So it sucks.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Feminism demolished the affective lives of male LSEs. Now our malish nature is seen as too demanding and women prefer ESEs or SEEs. LSEs aren´t understood even by their duals, so what to expect... I feel a lot of my beta-ish personality has developed out of a deep resentment that I was never understood by anyone. So I use to give people what they deserve for being such stupid and dumb people who cannot understand me. People only understand the law of force, ultimately, anyway. But in love relations I can´t use physical force or direct confrontation or imposing my will as a valid strategy. I wouldn´t. So it sucks.
    I understand you perfectly. I just get frustrated when my duals don't listen and do as I want them to without me exhaustively fighting for my defense. I just want you to tell me I'm right and that you're going to do what I want you to without looking into it or giving it extra time for more evidence to accrue. Is that too much to ask for? I do what you want me to do for you, with no questions asked and not so much as an argument for my defense.

Let's start here: Se is not physical force; Se is a sensory perception, like seeing objects even people for what they are, on a surface level and not looking deeper.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-02-2010 at 03:29 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't know which thread to really take my time and concentrate on; there are too many goodies.
    -

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand you perfectly. I just get frustrated when my duals don't listen and do as I want them to without me exhaustively fighting for my defense. I just want you to tell me I'm right and that you're going to do what I want you to without looking into it or giving it extra time for more evidence to accrue. Is that too much to ask for? I do what you want me to do for you, with no questions asked and not so much as an argument for my defense.
    Sometimes LSEs won´t act just by your intuition or impulses. We don´t like being commanded. If you ask gently, softly, you get a better response.

Let's start here: Se is not physical force; Se is a sensory perception, like seeing objects even people for what they are, on a surface level and not looking deeper.
    Se is defined as VOLITIONAL SENSING by Rick DeLong and my observation so far tend to agree with this as a precise wording. Se is not something too abstract, it´s territoriality and it has to do with it. It´s sensing extraverted, sensing things, basically, which are other than your own body/mind, outside of it. It´s Sensing Outwards. Si on the other hand is Sensing turned Inwards, to states of body and also mind.

So do we agree on this? If so, then we can proceed and I´ll explain why Se has to do with that which is commonly called "will" in english.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sometimes LSEs won´t act just by your intuition or impulses. We don´t like being commanded. If you ask gently, softly, you get a better response.

Se is defined as VOLITIONAL SENSING by Rick DeLong and my observation so far tend to agree with this as a precise wording. Se is not something too abstract, it´s territoriality and it has to do with it. It´s sensing extraverted, sensing things, basically, which are other than your own body/mind, outside of it. It´s Sensing Outwards. Si on the other hand is Sensing turned Inwards, to states of body and also mind.

So do we agree on this? If so, then we can proceed and I´ll explain why Se has to do with that which is commonly called "will" in english.
    I agree, please continue and you agree with me obviously when you say that Se is not something too abstract, abstract being Ne. It would be nice if you state that you agree with me, so that I don't feel like I'm talking to air.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I get this all the time from LSE; every time I talk to them, the first thing I get is them telling me NO!

This happened today with my LSE friend; he made friends with someone new, who I typed as LSE and I told him that the new guy is LSE type; he said NO. Whatever. I then went on to explain why he's LSE and after telling him the patterns that I observed in their behavior, choice of clothing, topics in discussion, etc., he tells me "yeah, I see it."

I set up a little target on my wall in my office at work, every time I hear "no" from them I bang my head on it and stair at me ESE boss, who jokes and tells me there's an easier way, that he can just have me "put down" (which means euthanize me).

Blank stairs. Whatever.
    -

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, if you´re banging your head on a target on a wall you should visit a psychiatrist immediately and take meds. Life isn´t easy. I take meds. I don´t know which type of meds you need, only a doctor can tell you that.

Then on to Se and why I relate it with 'will'. It can be also said to be related to grasping and aversion, the two poles of Extraverted Sensing. When you see something, you either like it (there´s a grasping even if subtle), don´t like it (there´s an aversion to it even subtle) or you´re just indifferent which means it doesn´t matter to you.

Any attractive object makes you want to possess it, hence the need of Se-egos to accumulate objects they deem attractive or valuable. They also have a typical caveman attitude towards women or men [attractive object] who they find attractive: they go get them. Se-egos are the faster in doing this maneuver of going to get it, getting it done. Whatever they set to do, they make sure it gets done, for this they use Volition which is the same as Will. You see this clearly in Beta STs who have a dominational aura to them and see themselves often this way. Although this is very much a limited view, because they don´t take into account that their lack of makes them mentally limited in comparison to Delta STs who have on Ego block. Although Delta STs don´t have on the Ego block so in the end it very much amounts to the same balance of force, except that one is more physical and affirming one´s will, the other is more through thinking and being sensitive of others´inner states.

Si-egos would be more inclined to create the appropriate conditions for getting the objects they want. I´m not talking about planning, I´m talking about producing physical and mental states in themselves and others which will facilitate them to get to their goals. This may be something silly as getting a woman drunk to nail her without even realizing the plan, or stimulating good and pleasant sensations in themselves and others to attain the goal.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

First, if you´re banging your head on a target on a wall you should visit a psychiatrist immediately and take meds. Life isn´t easy. I take meds. I don´t know which type of meds you need, only a doctor can tell you that.

Then on to Se and why I relate it with 'will'. It can be also said to be related to grasping and aversion, the two poles of Extraverted Sensing. When you see something, you either like it (there´s a grasping even if subtle), don´t like it (there´s an aversion to it even subtle) or you´re just indifferent which means it doesn´t matter to you.

Any attractive object makes you want to possess it, hence the need of Se-egos to accumulate objects they deem attractive or valuable. They also have a typical caveman attitude towards women or men [attractive object] who they find attractive: they go get them. Se-egos are the faster in doing this maneuver of going to get it, getting it done. Whatever they set to do, they make sure it gets done, for this they use Volition which is the same as Will. You see this clearly in Beta STs who have a dominational aura to them and see themselves often this way. Although this is very much a limited view, because they don´t take into account that their lack of makes them mentally limited in comparison to Delta STs who have on Ego block. Although Delta STs don´t have on the Ego block so in the end it very much amounts to the same balance of force, except that one is more physical and affirming one´s will, the other is more through thinking and being sensitive of others´inner states.

Si-egos would be more inclined to create the appropriate conditions for getting the objects they want. I´m not talking about planning, I´m talking about producing physical and mental states in themselves and others which will facilitate them to get to their goals. This may be something silly as getting a woman drunk to nail her without even realizing the plan, or stimulating good and pleasant sensations in themselves and others to attain the goal.
    Your tone upsets me very much; I don't need medication and you don't need to tell me to get any. I need you to consider being a little more sensitive with telling people to go take medication because you're offending them by implying that there's something mentally wrong with the individual. Sometimes, I'm not in the mood to just let you be as you are and say anything you want without getting sensitive and offended or hurt over the comment and I think you can't accurately gouge my mood, because you're not in my presence, but trust me when I say that I'm not in the mood for it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    April ?
    No, it's not April.

She is a lovely and a healthy EII I met at a restaurant. She was the cashier. I walked up to her and told her that I was typing her personality and if she would turn to the side; she immediately did so, with excitement and pleasure. My ESE cousin was standing next to me and couldn't believe that someone was so cooperative and even excited about personality typing.

I have been searching for a healthy EII to be friends with. They are not easy to find. Most are struggling in bad relationships and are experiencing emotional problems that I'm over with; she is particularly healthy on all levels, she takes care of her body and self with good food and does not abuse drugs, she is a musician/painter and has a very pleasant personality, is open and trusting like I am; all of these qualities and more make her a really great person to build a healthy friendship with. I think it's important that identical types become good friends because, especially with the case of EII, we adapt to the nature of other types and eventually look, act, and feel like other types then our own natural state. Her brother is EII, so I think her interaction with him has contributed to a healthy EII form and I am especially lucky to have befriended her.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-03-2010 at 02:00 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I´m sorry to have offended you Maritsa.

I just wanted you to do something because hitting your head in walls may cause serious damage which may provoke serious health issues for you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I´m sorry to have offended you Maritsa.

I just wanted you to do something because hitting your head in walls may cause serious damage which may provoke serious health issues for you.
    LOL

You won't believe what my LSI boss did. Using his love for systems, he went and got a big brand new computer system for all of our work stations; completely ignoring and overlooking the Te, efficiency of the new system and how it would make our work easier. Along with this new system came a less effective internet protection and yesterday, while accessing my sites of interest, I accidental downloaded 19 possible threats to my work station; now I can't access the internet from work

I have to wait to get home to get on my MAC in order to get safe internet access.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

You won't believe what my LSI boss did. Using his love for systems, he went and got a big brand new computer system for all of our work stations; completely ignoring and overlooking the Te, efficiency of the new system and how it would make our work easier. Along with this new system came a less effective internet protection and yesterday, while accessing my sites of interest, I accidental downloaded 19 possible threats to my work station; now I can't access the internet from work

I have to wait to get home to get on my MAC in order to get safe internet access.
    Let me guess. . .surfing 16types.info at work??? tsk tsk tsk. . .

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Did I say that my boss does not allow me access to the internet? NO
    I have a good working relationship with my bosses and I respect them, and they respect me, because they should.

I stopped accessing the internet there at my will because I don't want to crash our system; I'm a very conscientious person that way and honest, this is one reason why Beta LSI loves having me as an employee and why my ESE boss, particularly, enjoys being around me and talking to me about my intellectual pursuits.

It's called respect and team building; somethings that you can learn from.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh maritsa. . .can you not take some light hearted teasing????

I'm trying to reach out, i really am!! Sigh. . .

p.s. but that IS how you got the viruses onto your work computer isn't it?