Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    You make it sound as if I complain about it a lot, which is not true.
    This isn't just about you, so don't take what I say personal remarks about you.

And me more than anyone else knows that implying a delta is NF is lazy or not proactive rubs you guys the wrong way. You don't like any sort of "helpnessness" talk. I know that. But, sometimes, that's how it comes out.

I do believe there are things worth doing something about, and other things not. If people aren't posting here it's because they probably have nothing to talk about, which I think is fine. Eventually there will be a period of more contribution. I like coming from time to time and just reading what comes up, and I'm not frustrated or anything like that because of the lack of discussion.
    Again, this isn't about you, personally.

If I had beef with something about you, I'd tell you to your face and not make passive aggressive comments here on the forum.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Can I ask why would you do such a thing? Are you trying to please?
    Evolving. It will help me, emotionally, more then please anyone. if I see a positive advantage then it's a good risk not a bad one.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Evolving. It will help me, emotionally, more then please anyone. if I see a positive advantage then it's a good risk not a bad one.
    I doubt it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lobo, what are your thoughts on it?

discuss...lol
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lobo, what are your thoughts on it?

discuss...lol
    You seem to want to get Ryu's attention because he's LSE.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Interesting.

Do you know that I recently read an article that children in the US do not interact enough with their parents because now, more kids grown up in a family where both parent work to sustain a household income, and as a result, kids do not get a healthy social interaction. That means, they can't pick topics to discuss with any depth and full understanding. This is prompting a suggestion that teachers pick up the slack by providing kids with socialization, in an education environment. I think, if I want to be a good parent, I have to practice at picking topics and discussing them (in a round table...lol); so, I think you're wrong, because I've given this topic a bit of consideration throughout the last few weeks.

I don't want to be a mom who can't interact with their kids because I haven't practiced picking topics, that are both stimulating and interactive.

I just created another ideal/principle for myself. Oh well.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ps. I don't do things for other people to please them; I do things for people out of my ideals for the situation at hand. For example, if and when I can be of help and assistance, I offer my contribution out of consideration not out of "need to be needed".

I could care less about how others see me in the light of any circumstance or situation.

But, If you beg to differ then go ahead and do so. Acting out of compassion and self-improvement almost always gives the wrong perception of what one is and what they want to accomplish anyway, at least some of the time.
    -

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting.

Do you know that I recently read an article that children in the US do not interact enough with their parents because now, more kids grown up in a family where both parent work to sustain a household income, and as a result, kids do not get a healthy social interaction. That means, they can't pick topics to discuss with any depth and full understanding. This is prompting a suggestion that teachers pick up the slack by providing kids with socialization, in an education environment. I think, if I want to be a good parent, I have to practice at picking topics and discussing them (in a round table...lol); so, I think you're wrong, because I've given this topic a bit of consideration throughout the last few weeks.

I don't want to be a mom who can't interact with their kids because I haven't practiced picking topics, that are both stimulating and interactive.

I just created another ideal/principle for myself. Oh well.
    That doesn't make sense to me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Would you offer some reasons as to why please? It would help if you did when you make a statement like that, unless you're not feeling up to it.
    -

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you offer some reasons as to why please? It would help if you did when you make a statement like that, unless you're not feeling up to it.
    It's just that I don't even know how to start tackling what doesn't make sense to me there. You are talking about "being a good parent," and how you need to be able to come up with topics of conversation to be one because it's some kind of duty... I don't understand how one thing is related to the other.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It's just that I don't even know how to start tackling what doesn't make sense to me there. You are talking about "being a good parent," and how you need to be able to come up with topics of conversation to be one because it's some kind of duty... I don't understand how one thing is related to the other.
    Have you read the lost art of conversation?

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Conversati...9391257&sr=8-2

Emphasis on pace and energy, to keeping things alive ( the opposite of borring).
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The relation is that, it would besot all of us to at least learn to interact in some healthy way, even taking initiative sometimes. I think that E types are really good at talking all the time, but we can establish some healthy balance by learning to do it ourselves as well.

I read another article that Introverts can learn to describe their experiences very well, and that establishes some healthy balance with E types.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

someone should find me a good avatar, I'm want to change it but I'm not sure what too. The winner will receive a compliment from me and have their choice used for my magnificence.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why do you bug yourself for such nonsense asthetics anyway? Nevermind, S.....Ssssssss......

Something strong and powerful.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-17-2010 at 07:15 PM.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    someone should find me a good avatar, I'm want to change it but I'm not sure what too. The winner will receive a compliment from me and have their choice used for my magnificence.
    how about using your picture

j/k
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't just about you, so don't take what I say personal remarks about you.

And me more than anyone else knows that implying a delta is NF is lazy or not proactive rubs you guys the wrong way. You don't like any sort of "helpnessness" talk. I know that. But, sometimes, that's how it comes out.

Again, this isn't about you, personally.

If I had beef with something about you, I'd tell you to your face and not make passive aggressive comments here on the forum.
    wow, great observation!! very true about me.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! what´s up here?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Let's talk about Jazz....

what do you love, who do you love, who could be better?
    -

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I particularly do not like Jazz.

Creepy-male

Jazz is much like women: there's no such thing. It's too broad a category to be of any use.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure it isn't, but, "natural" for "other people" is different from me. When something is boring, my first inclination is to tackle it head on.

The amount of times I've heard you, and other delta NFs, express how boring delta quadra is, is significantly larger than the delta STs that I've spoken to. Let's put it that way, at least.

Something doesn't have to be done about it, no... but this perhaps is an actual pet peeve that I have with my dual - you guys very much use this "If it's not coming naturally don't force it", to a fault, especially the E9s.

"Well things aren't going as I like, and it's not appealing to me. I'm discontent with it, but, instead of doing anything in a proactive sense about my problems, I'm just going to be discontent and slowly try to change my personal opinions about things"

That is very far away from how I operate.

To me that's when I talk to the experts, so I know whose ass to kick.
    Have you been having some transgressions with Delta Fi's recently? I ask because you sound a bit defensive about this

but yeah, I do relate to what you're complaining about here. For me, stagnation derives from fear, so I shield myself from it which in turn prevents mobility that leads to self-doubt and the cycle continues...

I do have somewhat of an avoidance complex so I don't know how much of this is me or type related so I'm weary about projecting that onto the whole of the type
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No transgressions lately. Plenty of history, though.

@Brian, there are women, they exist. Trust me.

In other news:

Airbone declares himself 8w9
    What does deltaland think of this turn of events!?!!??!!!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne is like a wandering, swinging, curious thing

Si is like gravity, like the force that slows a singing pendulum down.

They have an interesting balance.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Your avatar is a lot of Si...I think she's SEI.

Ne and Si make a great balance. Ne can be so full of ideas and awkward in it's dreamy way. Si, pretty much says get out of your head and relax by connecting to the rest of your body.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think she is SEI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What is she?
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lady gaga is probably a beta extratim. she's definitely not alpha. there are type threads about her on the forum.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lady gaga is probably a beta extratim. she's definitely not alpha. there are type threads about her on the forum.
    oh that's lady GAGA? oops...I think she's SEE
    -

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryu is like gay.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, he has been happy most of the time, lately, which is nice to see.
    -

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, he has been happy most of the time, lately, which is nice to see.
    Yes, he is quite gay. I thought of Ryu when I stumbled upon this song. Maybe we should post songs that remind us of the people in Delta. Notice how the guy at 0:43 looks so much like him.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gay for you, Lobo.

Gay for you.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think she's EII in the least, in case you are wondering

(...... )

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gay for you, Lobo.

Gay for you.
    Great, now be a good caregiver and go to the fridge and make me a sandwich.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are dualizing.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your avatar is a lot of Si...I think she's SEI.

Ne and Si make a great balance. Ne can be so full of ideas and awkward in it's dreamy way. Si, pretty much says get out of your head and relax by connecting to the rest of your body.
    I don't think she is SEI
    What is she?

And THAT, my friends, is a prime example of Maritsa's typing prowess in action, quoted for posterity.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great, now be a good caregiver and go to the fridge and make me a sandwich.
    We are dualizing.
    Already did it.

If this site had relationship statuses like facebook, Lobo and I may be dating : /

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Waterboy

Bobby Bouche's mother is an example of an E8, perhaps E8, controlling, overprotective parent.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What book(s) are you guys reading now?

I'm reading

-Eat, Pray, and Love
    -Sh*t my dad says
    -The Rational Optimist
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa and WA should kiss and make up.