TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    It takes time and effort.
    I am 31 how much time do you think that will take? Are you kidding? I can't possibly. It makes me feel like fainting.

That was a human being not some toy; how can people be so cruel? How can they over look the value of that person's life?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can overlook the value of a picture of a person's death and separate that from valuing human life. I think that's what you're missing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can overlook the value of a picture of a person's death and separate that from valuing human life. I think that's what you're missing.
    Yes. The link is where someone tells me that that was not a real person or explains the quality of something that I perceive to be "bad" or "wrong" or "out of place" emotionally, I still can't look at it but that link just makes me feel better. Like smilingeyes's avatar; for some odd reason, it struck a negative cord in me and after he explained it, I felt better about it. I litterally, could not read his posts because of how I perceived his avatar.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Airborne, am I gay? You're allowed to ask as many questions as you want.

EDIT

That video is horrible.
    You already know that you are, Brian. I don´t need to confirm it.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that is a real person, there are electrodes placed within the brain. I would assume by the grey colour of his skin that he is most definitely deceased and they are testing for muscle movement, etc, post mortem to learn more about the human brain. I'm surprised that there are not more electrodes on the sides of the brain, but Maritsa if it makes you feel better, I'm sure he was contributing to science in some way and it's not like he's feeling anything in this picture.

What was the source of this image? Perhaps it was simply a med school cadaver? I hope so. It would seriously upset me to be in the same room as that, but I think I can deal with looking at it without being too horrified if I try to rationalise what I am seeing.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the image Gilly posted shows the degree of perversity and taste for the bizarre, ugly, macabre, decadent, and ultimately jewish, prevalent among Socionoids.

sieg heil.

lol

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    whoah... there's an 83 page thread in the Delta subforum. I never knew.

I'm back off the Anything Goes, this sort of dedication to forumry scares me.

k bye.
    k bye.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FUCK SHIT BABY SEAL RAPE EVERYONE IS GOING TO HELL

[CENSORED]

Sorry, it had to be done.
    WTF!

EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After thinking about some things....

Thank you, sane EIIs. You guys make the world more enjoyable to live in.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you guys hear about the guy who had his entire left side chopped off? crazy...

Creepy-Cyclops

Who Leftie?

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, some dude in the wrong place at the wrong time... he's all right now.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Did you guys hear about the guy who had his entire left side chopped off? crazy...

Yeah it was Reginald Mountain. I heard he was just standing next to Jimi Hendrix and it just happened.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Lobo...would you quote me so that RYU can see that I am calling him nasty things....RYU you have no soul and are the spawn of satin
    Are you sure you want Lobo to do this Maritsa?
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is up with all the talk about Nazis and Jewish people? What the hell?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akra View Post
    I got back from my trip earlier this evening--unpacked for a bit, but feeling drained so probably won't finish tonight (since I have work tomorrow--trying to sleep but still experiencing insomnia this evening.) My cat is MUCH better, thank you! She was really happy to see me when I walked through the door--my mother finished giving her all her medication and she's in much better spirits compared to when I left for my trip. Thanks for asking!
    I'm very glad to hear that!

After thinking about some things....

That makes me wonder about sanity in general. Who is sane? How do we tell? Is anyone really sane? Etc.

I'd feel presumptuous saying thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    Yeah, seriously.

Airborne, please stop using "Jew" as a derogatory epithet. It's not very appealing or attractive, to put it mildly.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    That makes me wonder about sanity in general. Who is sane? How do we tell? Is anyone really sane? Etc.

I'd feel presumptuous saying thank you.
    You're sane.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume that either:
    1-you´re taking it seriously
    2-you´re jewish

which one, Mariella?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    I assume that either:
    2-you´re jewish

which one, Mariella?
    lolol

You are so much fun and so funny too; I love that about my duals...
    It's fine for you to use anything you want dear; just don't take it too over the top, which you haven't done yet anyway.

If we didn't have Jews, Armenian, Catholics, and Irish, who would we make fun of...????
    I love the Irish drunk pub jokes; got any of those?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-11-2010 at 02:46 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

IRISH DECLARE WAR ON SADDAM

Saddam Hussein was sitting in his office wondering who to invade next when his telephone rang. "Hallo! Mr. Hussein," a heavily accented voice said. "This is Paddy down in County Cavan, Ireland. I am ringing to inform you that we are officially declaring war on you!"
    "Well, Paddy," Saddam replied, "This is indeed important news! Tell me, how big is your army?"
    "At this moment in time," said Paddy after a moment's calculation, "there is myself, my cousin Sean, my next door neighbour Gerry, and the entire dominoes team from the pub-that makes 8!"
    Saddam sighed. "I must tell you Paddy that I have 1 million men in my army waiting to move on my command."
    "Begorra!", said Paddy, "I'll have to ring you back!"

Sure enough, the next day Paddy rang back. "Right Mr.Hussein, the war is still on! We have managed to acquire some equipment!" "And what equipment would that be, Paddy?" Saddam asked. "Well, we have 2 combine harvesters, a bulldozer and Murphy's tractor from the farm."
    Once more Saddam sighed. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 16 thousand tanks, 14 thousand armored personnel carriers, and my army has increased to1 and a half million since we last spoke."
    "Really?!" said Paddy "I'll have to ring you back!"

Paddy rang again the next day. "Right Mr. Hussein, the war is still on! We have managed to get ourselves airborne! We've modified Ted's ultralight with a couple of rifles in the cockpit and the bridge team has joined us as well!"
    Saddam was silent for a minute, then sighed. "I must tell you Paddy that I have 10 thousand bombers, 20 thousand MiG 19 attack planes, my military complex is surrounded by laser-guidedsurface-to-air missile sites, and since we last spoke, my army has increased to 2 million."
    "Faith and begorra!", said Paddy, "I'll have to ring you back." Sure enough, Paddy called again the next day. "Right Mr.Hussein, I am sorry to tell you that we have had to call off the war."
    "I'm sorry to hear that" said Saddam. "Why the sudden change of heart?"
    "Well," said Paddy "We've all had a chat, and there's no way we can feed 2 million prisoners."
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Driving Home Drunk

An Irishman who had a little too much to drink is driving home from the city one night and, of course, his car is weaving violently all over the road.

A cop pulls him over. "So," says the cop to the driver, "where have ya been?" "Why, I've been to the pub of course," slurs the drunk.

"Well," says the cop, "it looks like you've had quite a few to drink this evening." "I did all right," the drunk says with a smile.

"Did you know," says the cop, standing straight and folding his arms across his chest, "that a few intersections back, your wife fell out of your car?"

"Oh, thank heavens," sighs the drunk.
    "For a minute there, I thought I'd gone deaf."
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not good to make fun of mentally disabled people.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like dead baby jokes - you're only allowed to do it when it's really funny.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Creepy-male

You already know that you are, Brian. I don´t need to confirm it.
    Yes, I think after that video I'm going to be gay now. Kate Ryan has turned me away forever from the softer, more voluptuous sensuous fairer sex.

Hay guyz, check me out, I can stir controversy too! (Well, not really. That was a pretty lame attempt on my part, you've got to admit.)

EDIT

Anyway, that leads to an interesting point for discussion (hopefully!)

It's definitely not cool to turn women into sex objects. People are people, regardless of age, station in life, gender, race, economic status, or anything else you can think of, and, fundamentally, people have a right to be treated with respect, concern, and consideration as the living, feeling beings that they are. (Not on-topic, but when it comes to children, this is something I feel quite strongly about, largely out of a sense of personal injustice in how I was dealt with, not in the least by my parents, some truly awful teachers at school, and mental health professionals. I feel children are often not treated the right way when adults fail to empathise or act responsibly with those in their care.)

À la Sternberg's triangular theory of love, there's a bunch of things important in a healthy, well-balanced relationship (much like you can have a healthy, well-balanced diet); one I'd like specifically to look at is the physical element. I think it's quite a good thing to enjoy the physical elements of your relationship; both in how you make your partner feel, and how your partner makes you feel. So, the first question is: how important is the physical side of things to you, O Delta Reader? The second, then, is, where do you draw the line between healthy passion's physical pleasure and crude objectification? Is it a clear-cut boundary at all?
    Last edited by male; 05-11-2010 at 08:32 AM.

Creepy-Cyclops

I suspect this thread has outlived its usefulness, when it comes to it the over-riding thing we have in common with each other is arguing with faceless people over internet here, that's the only way for thread to carry on.

And it wouldn't be half as long if that didn't happen.

Surely chatbox or stickam would be better if you want to socialise that much to the extent of banning Maritsa from posting here?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    Are you sure you want Lobo to do this Maritsa?
    EII INFj

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Yeah, seriously.

Airborne, please stop using "Jew" as a derogatory epithet. It's not very appealing or attractive, to put it mildly.

This really isn't the place to be airing controversial views on things, though I'm sure they're places on the net for doing so.
    And since we have so many members who have diverse backgrounds and lifestyles it would be nice to keep this board more civil in that regard

It's not good to make fun of mentally disabled people.
    Indeed. Though I'll go one step further and say I dislike jokes that make fun of any classification of people, Jews/blacks/Asians/gays/blonds/skinny people/fat people/the religious/non-religious, etc. By doing so you're making sweeping allegations about individuals you know nothing about and making yourself appear both shallow and ignorant by doing so
    Last edited by Marie84; 05-11-2010 at 09:31 AM.
    EII INFj

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume that either:
    2-you´re jewish

which one, Mariella?
    It could also be 3. Both

Although as it turns out, I am not Jewish. Which doesn't make it OK to me. If you'd done it once or twice, it might be easy to not take seriously, but it seems to be the main thing you talk about, which makes it appear to be something serious to you.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lolol

It's fine for you to use anything you want dear; just don't take it too over the top, which you haven't done yet anyway.

If we didn't have Jews, Armenian, Catholics, and Irish, who would we make fun of...????
    That is as funny as testical cancer.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lolol

That doesn't really sound like Delta values to me, to be honest. Deltas dont joke like that. Sounds more Beta or Gamma. The Gammas tend to make personal biting jokes, the Betas make derogatory jokes about groups.

What I think is, Maritsa's feeling of kinship with Airborne is further proof that she is not delta. She is trying to maintain the non-Delta-like Fe atmosphere Airborne is attempting to create, in preference over defending Fi. That is my interpretation of what is going down here.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    That is as funny as testical cancer.
    I agree. That was a very weird reaction from Maritsa. They could well be duals but obviously, like i said, not Delta.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could also be 3. Both

Although as it turns out, I am not Jewish. Which doesn't make it OK to me. If you'd done it once or twice, it might be easy to not take seriously, but it seems to be the main thing you talk about, which makes it appear to be something serious to you.
    it´s not, really. it´s like catholic or some other jokes. jews are fun. but everyone who respects me has my respect.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this thread just reminded me of Voltaire:

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Yes, I think after that video I'm going to be gay now. Kate Ryan has turned me away forever from the softer, more voluptuous sensuous fairer sex.

Hay guyz, check me out, I can stir controversy too! (Well, not really. That was a pretty lame attempt on my part, you've got to admit.)

EDIT

Anyway, that leads to an interesting point for discussion (hopefully!)

It's definitely not cool to turn women into sex objects. People are people, regardless of age, station in life, gender, race, economic status, or anything else you can think of, and, fundamentally, people have a right to be treated with respect, concern, and consideration as the living, feeling beings that they are. (Not on-topic, but when it comes to children, this is something I feel quite strongly about, largely out of a sense of personal injustice in how I was dealt with, not in the least by my parents, some truly awful teachers at school, and mental health professionals. I feel children are often not treated the right way when adults fail to empathise or act responsibly with those in their care.)

À la Sternberg's triangular theory of love, there's a bunch of things important in a healthy, well-balanced relationship (much like you can have a healthy, well-balanced diet); one I'd like specifically to look at is the physical element. I think it's quite a good thing to enjoy the physical elements of your relationship; both in how you make your partner feel, and how your partner makes you feel. So, the first question is: how important is the physical side of things to you, O Delta Reader? The second, then, is, where do you draw the line between healthy passion's physical pleasure and crude objectification? Is it a clear-cut boundary at all?
    nice questions Brian... objectification comes in when there is absence of a feeling-bond - what you would call Fi in Socionics.

I speculate that since ESTJs are unable to generate Fi themselves, they´re prone to some level of objectification towards women/men, although if the other side generates this feeling-bond, there is a great response and satisfaction. this is how I live it.

Creepy-Cyclops

If I had a dollar for everytime i've heard a male or a female talk about a member of the opposite sex in a way which portrays them as sex objects etc...

I think the difference is in relationships, most people view their partner as more, but passing comments on some random unkown hot guy or girl, it happens a lot more, and doesn't actually have to mean anything negative either.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice questions Brian... objectification comes in when there is absence of a feeling-bond - what you would call Fi in Socionics.

I speculate that since ESTJs are unable to generate Fi themselves, they´re prone to some level of objectification towards women/men, although if the other side generates this feeling-bond, there is a great response and satisfaction. this is how I live it.
    No, it's not lack of Fi, it's Te. And Te-type implies Fi-valuing.

"Quality" to a type is how well an object performs the functions for which it was made. A type can judge a person to be "effective" if he is able to achieve his purposes without wasting any energy or producing unwanted side effects. So types basically evaluate people and things using the same criteria.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great quote, Aiss. Where is it from?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when will you all grow up and stop having to defend your own type and stop questioning others´ types? this is not behavior conducive to any kind of peace, yet you speak about peace. and now, the greatest idea. if we can´t make peace because we act like 12-year-olds, then LET´S PUT MODERATORS TO ENFORCE PEACE! FABULOUS!

Can´t you see the contradiction and absurdity of having to ENFORCE peace?

This is not a city with criminals who can physically harm someone, there is no need for any kind of police authority. The fact that most of you think there is a need for this just shows your incapacity to see that it is the general very soft and somewhat hidden behavior of hatred and conflict towards one another which is generating disturbance. When you put in your signature, 'X is not ESFP, SHE´S ENFJ! in big letters, or when you say someone is not delta but beta, and you were not asked to voice your opinion, you are of course bound to make the other person feel somewhat offended or bad. Is this peaceful behavior? I doubt so, Workaholic, Maritsa, Mariella, and everyone else here. And I´ve played this game too. But it´s just not coherent to speak of wanting peace and then play this game. You can choose between peace and questioning others´ types. But you can´t have both.