Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Our landlord just announced a rent increase of $250 (for a studio apartment) because he can. This is not at all a fancy area (some travel guides call it gang territory, which it really isn't either), but on the verge of becoming gentrified. We are looking for a new place and it's insane. I didn't move back to LA because it's expensive but relative to my income, Miami is more expensive (I would make more in LA and the rental market prices are comparable). I like Miami, but not enough to drop 1700 on a studio apartment because I am desperate.
    Like most places in FL, Miami weather is horrible. I would move to LA just for the weather alone. Mind you, I wouldn't go anywhere near downtown LA but look at places like Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, or Oxnard (you know this area much better than me).

That being said, the rental and housing markets have really become insane over the past 2 years or so, both in the US and Europe. I read somewhere that over 50% of Americans below 30 now live with their parents and have zero hopes of ever affording to buy a home. I also watched a recent documentary about the increasing number of people leaving the US to chase their American Dream abroad.

Source: https://weatherspark.com/compare/y/1...eles-and-Miami
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all the recent heat waves and wildfires, Cali isn't what it used to be, either. Taxes are also much worse in Cali than in Florida.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Our landlord just announced a rent increase of $250 (for a studio apartment) because he can. This is not at all a fancy area (some travel guides call it gang territory, which it really isn't either), but on the verge of becoming gentrified. We are looking for a new place and it's insane. I didn't move back to LA because it's expensive but relative to my income, Miami is more expensive (I would make more in LA and the rental market prices are comparable). I like Miami, but not enough to drop 1700 on a studio apartment because I am desperate.
    Guess what! Rents in LA are also terribly expensive. You can thank corporate buyout of real estate in the sun belt
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Like most places in FL, Miami weather is horrible. I would move to LA just for the weather alone. Mind you, I wouldn't go anywhere near downtown LA but look at places like Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, or Oxnard (you know this area much better than me).

That being said, the rental and housing markets have really become insane over the past 2 years or so, both in the US and Europe. I read somewhere that over 50% of Americans below 30 now live with their parents and have zero hopes of ever affording to buy a home. I also watched a recent documentary about the increasing number of people leaving the US to chase their American Dream abroad.

Source: https://weatherspark.com/compare/y/1...eles-and-Miami
    Thanks for this (and the other posts). I actually don't mind the Miami weather - now we are moving into the beautiful season and stay there until April, which I will take over anything winter-y any day. But yes, LA weather is perfect. And I was just so happy there. It was expensive then, too, but I don't have to live anywhere fancy (I live in what some travel guides refer to as "gang territory" now and it's totally fine. And not gang territory, just not fancy). I feel like, in LA, I would happily pay for being in such an amazing city in an amazing region and close to Mexico. Miami is a great city, but it's not my happy place (yet?). I do love road trips and it California, you have so many options for a day trip (mountains, desert, etc.).

But I will give it a few more years. I am exploring career options that are exciting, and my Spanish is vastly improving. I think once I am fluent in Spanish, I will be happier here. I am still figuring it out - the changes were huge.

How are you doing?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Guess what! Rents in LA are also terribly expensive. You can thank corporate buyout of real estate in the sun belt
    I think this is happening everyone. Rents in LA have always been expensive, but at least there is some protection for renters. Here, rent and house prices have been exploding over just the past few years and there is no protection at all.

Also, don't rain on my excuse parade to move back to LA, please!
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks for this (and the other posts). I actually don't mind the Miami weather - now we are moving into the beautiful season and stay there until April, which I will take over anything winter-y any day. But yes, LA weather is perfect. And I was just so happy there. It was expensive then, too, but I don't have to live anywhere fancy (I live in what some travel guides refer to as "gang territory" now and it's totally fine. And not gang territory, just not fancy). I feel like, in LA, I would happily pay for being in such an amazing city in an amazing region and close to Mexico. Miami is a great city, but it's not my happy place (yet?). I do love road trips and it California, you have so many options for a day trip (mountains, desert, etc.).

But I will give it a few more years. I am exploring career options that are exciting, and my Spanish is vastly improving. I think once I am fluent in Spanish, I will be happier here. I am still figuring it out - the changes were huge.

How are you doing?
    PS: I have considered going back to Europe (Spain would make the most sense since my husband is Spanish-speaking), but that's only an option when he has American citizenship. I love the U.S., but it's a vastly different country now than it used to be.

I do have a very soft spot for Texas (San Antonio/Austin area specifically), so perhaps that's an option. Or Mexico, but I think that will be met with resistance in this household haha.

So tell me what's new with you!
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually don't mind the Miami weather - now we are moving into the beautiful season and stay there until April, which I will take over anything winter-y any day.
    Winter is tolerable in Florida, and even though I hate the humid climate, I tend to feel more comfortable in coastal areas (such as Miami) compared to inland (e.g. Orlando).

How are you doing?
    Not bad, not bad, considering I just went through Covid, for the first time.

I almost settled in London a little while ago you know, but lockdowns, travel restrictions, taxes, and related shenanigans made it too complicated. I am currently exploring some coastal regions in south/west Europe, mainly because of the warm weather and the fact my work has now pretty much become 100% remote. I tried joining startups and other organizations as an employee, but that didn't work out, so I started my own consulting business, which I am expanding. I have learned I have no respect for authority and I simply do as I please and act the way I think is right and/or optimal regardless of disagreements with bosses, higher-ups, etc. Not sure if this makes me psychopathic or something, but it certainly doesn't make me a good cog in the machine...

I would love to visit Texas one day and explore the Pacific if and when circumstances allow. I have made some new connections in Boston, so I've thinking about spending some time there in the near future. It's a beautiful town, it just tends to get very cold in winter, which can become annoying rather quickly when you have to wear layers upon layers of clothing just to go about your day-to-day affairs. And the older I get, the less I'm able to tolerate and enjoy the cold it seems.
    Last edited by Park; 10-29-2022 at 06:20 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think this is happening everyone. Rents in LA have always been expensive, but at least there is some protection for renters. Here, rent and house prices have been exploding over just the past few years and there is no protection at all.

Also, don't rain on my excuse parade to move back to LA, please!
    😂
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    I'm pretty sure function usage would change how much you value certain aspects of life. If you value certain aspects of life more, you'd probably have lifestyle differences from those who don't.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I'm too lazy to look through the entire thread.

Edit: I guess an example of this would be that Ne usage probably increases Si valuing or maybe the usage of the Si function. Si is linked to food, I guess. So, at least theoretically, a more Ne-based person would be more attracted to food-related sensations than a Fi-based person. That would be my guess anyway.
    values are, Socionically speaking, partly less conscious, i.e. they are buried in the mind and their importance becomes clear through exposure or sudden absence
    lifestyles are also related to what you're good at/familiar with/think about more, not just what you like or find important, which has a correlation with type

Ne usage should descrease use of sensing, not increase or else duality would be moot
    although how functions are deliniated is a highly speculative and muddy topic anyways

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Anyhow, if I'm understanding theory right and there isn't a crucial piece of information that I don't know, Ne-EII's should be more oriented towards Si than Fi-EII's. This might imply that they not only value Si (food) more, but they also can produce it (cook food) better than a Fi-EII. An interesting note is that the Si-LSE description says that Si-LSE's like interesting and tasty cuisine. If the Ne-EII produced that cuisine, that would make sense. However, I actually think that this thread implies that the Si-LSE would be producing the cuisine, not the other way around.
    By this logic, if liking cuisine and valuing food is Si, and Si is food, then I am the most SLI-Si to ever Si.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, turns out I am EII-Fi. I guess this is where I belong

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I don't mean to ruin the feel of the lounge too much, but I noticed that people here seem not to like the cold. Oddly enough, I've been pretty different on that point. I like the cold, the rain, and sometimes the wind. Thunderstorms sometimes give me this feeling of power or energy due to the sort of feeling of danger that they give.

I guess I didn't read the thread to see if others had this perspective.

Edit: Well sorry about this. I was pretty confident that I was an EII and that this would be thread acceptable material. I have no idea if this is a violation of some sort, not really understanding what the manners are here.

I think I'm an ILI.
    Nothing wrong with mistyping yourself. I was mistyped and went around here labeled as an ISFp before I did some more self-analysis and introspection. ILIs are cool, too.

Also, interesting observation about Deltas. I don’t think I like the cold much, either!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it might be a case where Si valuing types like the climate that they're used to. This might be why they say that northerners are used to the cold. For what I'm guessing are types who don't value Si, they seem to like or adapt better to things that are outside the norm. It's not that they're stronger necessarily, just that they don't feel the same sort of pain that comes with unexpected conditions (they probably more or less ignore it somehow). They might also feel pleasure due to their Se valuing.
    It makes sense. One thing I know is that I value Si and not Se. But sometimes I wish I did value Se, so I could naturally be more active in the moment, and so I could know how to change my environment confidently. I feel like I do value Se to some extent, as I admire Se users (mainly ESIs) and want to be more like them in a sense. I tend to very much look for what feels comfortable or familiar, which lately I feel is very limiting. But I’m sure valuing Si and not Se has its perks, as well. Maybe it’s just the despair of wanting to be able to get the wheels of my life moving—and I am doing it, but I can never seem to move as quickly as others.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess Si valuers tend to understand health and cooking more than people with weak Si. Because I have low interest in Si, I haven't really developed the skills to cook. It's something where I know that I'd probably be able to cook something edible for myself if it was absolutely necessary, but I could never really make a meal that would be pleasing or even necessarily edible for other people. It's like I'm just too lazy to develop life skills.

The same applies to things like exercising. I just can't really get the motivation to do stuff like that, nor do I even really want to. It would be theoretically healthy, and it might even make me look better to other people, but it's kind of like I just don't care for some reason. It's weird because I don't exercise, and then I feel social pressure when others say that they like girls who work out or something. But somehow, the social pressure isn't enough of a reason to get motivated to exercise, so I kind of just ignore it and do what I feel like instead.
    It’s true that I do understand health and cooking, though I wouldn’t necessarily call myself the most physically active person LOL; but I keep healthy in other ways. I always thought Se valuing people were more prone to physical activity? Maybe I should reevaluate my understanding of Se. (Though I can see someone who has 1D Se [you’re a possible ILI, right?] struggling with Se things, despite valuing the function.)

How interesting. My ESI dad is physically active and likes to exercise, but he hates things like cooking, cleaning, and healthy eating. I’m always the one cooking meals for him, and I clean things for him when he doesn’t feel like doing it. I also try to encourage him to eat healthy often, but I don’t want to be on top of him 24/7 with that because then I’d feel like an annoying disciplinarian lmao.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Si seems to be about understanding how physical objects impact your physical state. Food seems like an object that impacts your physical state.

Edit: I think that it makes sense that a Ne-EII would value food more than a Fi-EII. LSE's are Si-producing, and Si tends to be associated with health-related lifestyle management. Therefore, I think that a Si-LSE would be better at cooking than a Te-LSE. The natural dual for this would be someone who values the food production (the irrational EII) rather than someone who tends to value the LSE's logical skills (the rational EII).

Edit 2: The information in Edit 1 was taken from Sociotype's version of Model A, so it might not be that reliable.

Edit 3: You know, I've realized that this place is a lounge. It's meant for relaxing topics about non serious stuff. I guess I've been kind of violating that with my posts.
    I know what you're saying but I still think that the bodily needs in general which are vital to human survival (i.e. eating food when you're hungry, having a bath after a run, cleaning when you're done from the toilet, keeping up good hygiene), etc are not exclusive to Si because if they were, then everyone by that logic would be a Si base. And Si in general isn't always related to 'health'. I have seen some fatass Si people who are Si base but don't really monitor that stuff well. They veer more towards the 'I'm comfortable, I'm gonna eat stfu' side of things. And valuing food doesn't always mean cooking fancy dishes. I 'value' food for fuel and nutrients and I don't even have Si in my valued function stack.

But whatever, maybe someone has mistranslated it a bit, or it has become misunderstood after translation or socionics is taken too literally.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@kuno
    you look more like a Fe type on the picture - SEI, IEI, EIE are my associations. EII look different
    you could try to make a typing video for opinions. it's normal to be unsure in your type
    Last edited by nifl; 11-17-2022 at 04:53 AM.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it normal for IEEs to just want answers provided to them without doing the work of thinking the answer through?

example: I have a regular student who I suspect is IEE. If an answer is not in the textbook or another source, she gets totally stuck. I try to nicely suggest analysis and critical thinking (because it is college, after all), but she never seems to really get it.

Same with making her writing more concise. I mean, she does do some of the work but a lot of times she comes to me for help on that. It's not my job at all, but it is what it is, I guess.

I get really frustrated at times but don't show it. I try to remind myself it might be Ti PoLR and just because analysis comes very easily to me, it is not so with everyone else.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@aixelsyd
    >Is it normal for IEEs to just want answers provided to them without doing the work of thinking the answer through?
    on average, ethicists have more difficulty with critical thinking, and irrationals are less careful about work

provided that this is a college class where stronger logic is preferable. in analysis of arts, for example, ethicists should not be at a particular disadvantage.

>If an answer is not in the textbook or another source, she gets totally stuck.
    sounds like more of a sensor problem - imagination and coming up with alternatives is a strength of IEE, so they should less usually get 'stuck' when the answer is not evident

>Same with making her writing more concise.
    more normal problem for ethicists. especially with Ti in the superego, which has to do with ordering of information

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd;[URL="tel:1542158"
    1542158[/URL]]Is it normal for IEEs to just want answers provided to them without doing the work of thinking the answer through?

example: I have a regular student who I suspect is IEE. If an answer is not in the textbook or another source, she gets totally stuck. I try to nicely suggest analysis and critical thinking (because it is college, after all), but she never seems to really get it.

Same with making her writing more concise. I mean, she does do some of the work but a lot of times she comes to me for help on that. It's not my job at all, but it is what it is, I guess.

I get really frustrated at times but don't show it. I try to remind myself it might be Ti PoLR and just because analysis comes very easily to me, it is not so with everyone else.
    For what it's worth, I have a student I think is IEE who is like this. I was tutoring him today. He doesn't get the principles behind certain things easily. It's not even a question of it being "in the textbook" or another source though. There were a couple things I explained over 3 times today, also covered in the textbook, he still didn't get until I explained a fourth or fifth time. Something that bothers me is that often if I ask him a specific question he can't give it to me, but if he "guesses" the answer or writes something "random" it's often right. But if I ask him to explain his reasoning for his guess he can't give me anything. It's hard to escape the feeling that he's just refusing to think. I know he's trying in a way though.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    @kuno
    you look more like a Fe type on the picture - SEI, IEI, EIE are my associations. EII look different
    you could try to make a typing video for opinions. it's normal to be unsure in your type
    Aye, ya found me again! Yeah, if I’m not EII, then I’m probably SEI. I also relate very much to the IEI description, but I don’t know if I realistically value Ni very much. What really confuses me is whether I value Fi or Fe, because both feel very important to me… Hmm.

I’ve thought of making a typing video, but I guess I get a little embarrassed by the thought of attracting all that attention just for that one purpose! But I know I’m not the only one to ever do that, so I guess it’s not that big of a deal. Hmmmm…!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can’t believe how sensitive to pain I am
    Four years after giving birth to my daughter my period cramps came back with a vengeance. I hadn’t experienced this level of almost passing out, hanging on the floor pain since I was in my teens. It was awful
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

A very sweet INFJ who is not judging anyone’s character but doing a labor of love and saving bees. My SLE friend says I am like her

https://youtu.be/7FeQRgLWkvk

Correction: she judged the boy lol

Also, I put a new hummingbird feeder out
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-21-2023 at 03:38 PM.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

After another arguing with socioforum's mods I plan to give them a rest for a while. So may pay more of attention to this place.

Among intriguing.
    In 2017 I typed there 2 girls to EII and then came to opinions about other types. During some monthes of watching what they do, I came to ESI and EIE for them.
    Then... during last monthes I searched for additional info and the one earlier typed to ESI, now I think as IEI.
    Also I suspect she has E9 or E8. E9 could soften negative IR effects and impressions in limited conditions of a single forum. In other places she talked more roughly. While E8 could to make her more assertive for N-I.
    Last edited by Sol; 09-17-2023 at 07:56 PM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    After another arguing with socioforum's mods I plan to give them a rest for a while. So may pay more of attention to this place.

Among intriguing.
    In 2017 I typed there 2 girls to EII and then came to opinions about other types. During some monthes of watching what they do, I came to ESI and EIE for them.
    Then... in this year I searched for additional info and now the one typed to ESI I think as having Fe, mb IEI.
    Also I suspect she has E9. This could soften Fe impressions in limited conditions of a single forum. In other places she talked more roughly.
    @Sol, you're alive.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Sol, you're alive.
    Alive and now feel lesser limited to search "duality paradise" with someone else.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alive and now feel lesser limited to search "duality paradise" with someone else.
    Progress, then?

I was worried about you.
    That's the problem with internet friends: They disappear and you can never tell if they died or got raided by the feds or just got busy with their gardening.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the problem with internet friends: They disappear and you can never tell if they died or got raided by the feds or just got busy with their gardening.
    It happened to me yesterday , I entered Instagram to talk to my Algerian friend about a video I saw of volunteers from the Algerian Red Crescent helping in Syria , I found all my Arab friends in the chatgroup asking about me since the earthquake happened (in the group and in the private chat) and I didn't answer because I hadn't opened Instagram for a long time even though I had the application on my phone ( disabled notifications ) , they were very worried about me
    Souls know their way back home

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no , I thought I'm in Random thoughts thread

This is what happens when you open hundreds of pages in one group on Google Chrome
    Souls know their way back home

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Progress, then?
    The main progress is that now I'm emotionally open to new people.
    It's rare when I get strong emotions to a woman. When this happens I became stucked in emotions for years, even when no communications and small chance for good with her. Additional data and understanding that IR are not good significantly helped.

I may notice people of different types. With a luck an interesting woman will have no pair. Then appears a chance for establishing communications and new feelings. It's a task for the future.

> That's the problem with internet friends: They disappear and you can never tell if they died or got raided by the feds or just got busy with their gardening.

I posted on socioforum with similar nick. With an autotranslator it's possibly to read/write there.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It’s so hard for INFJ who work in a department with many employees to get ostracized and left out of clicks. It’s almost cliche that they are the odd ones in the group for whatever reason be it they are not joiners in some way or another but poor Fi in the EII feels like they are not being brought in and included, feels the pain of not being in an emotionally warmth of people they want to connect with.
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnPocoLoco View Post
    It happened to me yesterday , I entered Instagram to talk to my Algerian friend about a video I saw of volunteers from the Algerian Red Crescent helping in Syria , I found all my Arab friends in the chatgroup asking about me since the earthquake happened (in the group and in the private chat) and I didn't answer because I hadn't opened Instagram for a long time even though I had the application on my phone ( disabled notifications ) , they were very worried about me
    That's really sweet of them.

Quote Originally Posted by UnPocoLoco View Post
    Oh no , I thought I'm in Random thoughts thread

This is what happens when you open hundreds of pages in one group on Google Chrome
    No worries - I liked your contribution. Feel free to drop by and sip a cup of tea with us anytime.

The main progress is that now I'm emotionally open to new people.
    It's rare when I get strong emotions to a woman. When this happens I became stucked in emotions for years, even when no communications and small chance for good with her. Additional data and understanding that IR are not good significantly helped.

I may notice people of different types. With a luck an interesting woman will have no pair. Then appears a chance for establishing communications and new feelings. It's a task for the future.
    Yes, there's a certain refreshing freedom when your heart realizes along with your head that someone is not for you.

> That's the problem with internet friends: They disappear and you can never tell if they died or got raided by the feds or just got busy with their gardening.

I posted on socioforum with similar nick. With an autotranslator it's possibly to read/write there.
    Do you think I should have done that if I cared to know what happened to you? Do you think I am not sincere? I'm not sure why you say this.

Mildly related: Do you use autotranslators to read/write here?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm not sure why you say this.
    In case I'll do a break in posting here and will be an interest for contact, that forum is most possible place to find me by the nick.
    I did long breaks here several times.

> Do you use autotranslators to read/write here?

It's bad language level. I may use a translator to find some words.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So I took the metro from work today
    Still no respect and courtesy towards the elderly and handicapped
    The metro was trashed
    More homeless people than I have ever seen before
    More obviously emotionally accessible people than I have ever seen
    More poverty than I have ever seen
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

So I took the metro from work today
    one of nice Moscow metro stations

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

one of nice Moscow metro stations
    Yes I’ve been to Moscow

It would be too cold for people to be homeless out in the elements wouldn’t it?
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It would be too cold for people to be homeless out in the elements wouldn’t it?
    Up to -10 Celsius without significant wind is not difficult conditions. Just needs appropriate clothes.
    I do not know details about homeless ones in Moscow.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have been coughing for an entire month
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Here we go:

When I was a child my parents forced me to take the childhood vaccines without much communication. This caused anxiety and even phobia of needles when I grew up and extreme ptsd
    As a parent I tried another strategy with my child. Every time we went for vaccines we got them together so that she wouldn’t fear needles but the dumb ass nurse didn’t tell me that the one vaccine had to be administered under the muscle and it’s extremely painful so I couldn’t prepare my child emotionally for that pain. At the end of it indeed it caused ptsd and she wanted to run out and never see the doctor again. She has periodically repeated for many months “I don’t want a shot mommy! I’m not going to the doctor.” I have tried several strategies methods manners of communication to ensure her that shots are not an every doctor visit thing and that she can talk about her feelings openly. This has sunk into the inner world like it did for me. I suppose being an INFJ and having felt and recognized what happened to me I am best equipped to explain this to another INFJ but she’s 4 and as a 4 year old many things are not rational like we’re just gonna see the doctor for a check up and no shots since she now associates doctors with what she loathe-shots.
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Winter is tolerable in Florida, and even though I hate the humid climate, I tend to feel more comfortable in coastal areas (such as Miami) compared to inland (e.g. Orlando).

Not bad, not bad, considering I just went through Covid, for the first time.

I almost settled in London a little while ago you know, but lockdowns, travel restrictions, taxes, and related shenanigans made it too complicated. I am currently exploring some coastal regions in south/west Europe, mainly because of the warm weather and the fact my work has now pretty much become 100% remote. I tried joining startups and other organizations as an employee, but that didn't work out, so I started my own consulting business, which I am expanding. I have learned I have no respect for authority and I simply do as I please and act the way I think is right and/or optimal regardless of disagreements with bosses, higher-ups, etc. Not sure if this makes me psychopathic or something, but it certainly doesn't make me a good cog in the machine...

I would love to visit Texas one day and explore the Pacific if and when circumstances allow. I have made some new connections in Boston, so I've thinking about spending some time there in the near future. It's a beautiful town, it just tends to get very cold in winter, which can become annoying rather quickly when you have to wear layers upon layers of clothing just to go about your day-to-day affairs. And the older I get, the less I'm able to tolerate and enjoy the cold it seems.
    I am sorry I am only responding now...first of all, I hope you are fully recovered from COVID! Congrats on the career developments! I have thought about starting my own writing/editing business, but while I don't necessarily like having to adapt to people at work, I also don't do well working entirely on my own. Sometimes I wish I could be more introverted and happy with just myself. The older I get, the more taxing I find it to navigate workplace relationships, too...

I still have not been to Boston, which is shameful...any developments on your plans of going there?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey @Kim! If you've thought about it (which you obviously have) and have a valuable skill you can sell (which you obviously do), I strongly encourage you to go out on your own. You don't have to do it all by yourself — you can partner up with someone (say a colleague or student will similar aspirations or someone more business-minded) and hire others to do the things you find daunting or delegate work. Alternatively, assuming you do want to increase your independence and income, I would look into joining an existing business that does niche work in your field where you can bring your knowledge and expertise and provide value on a continual basis.

I didn't go to Boston as I've had to deal with more pressing personal and work related stuff. But looking at what I wrote about the weather, I'm surprised how much I'm beginning to sound like a lazy, whiny old man.

Happy Women's Day.