Page 138 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,520 of 6493

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    My father just passed away
    I am so so sorry, Maritsa...You were such a loving support to him. I hope you can draw comfort from being with family.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am very sorry to hear that, Maritsa.

TIM
    IEI-Ni, 4-9-5, sx/sp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sorry for your loss. (don't mind the smiling emoji's just wanted to give you a virtual hug).
    IEI-Ni, DCNH-H, 4w5-9w1-5w4, sx/sp, Aquarius sun, Leo rising
    "From their lives, and not least from their greatest fault--their inability to communicate--we may understand one of the greatest errors of our civilization, that is, the superstitious belief in verbal statements, the boundless overestimation of instruction by means of words and methods."--C.G. Jung on the introverted irrational types

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Maritsa, I have no words in this moment...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My condolences

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I woke up thinking of your father and how your Fathers Day went. I just signed on the computer to ask you that. Wow. He died on Father's Day. He must have seen you all that day . I am so sorry for your loss and the sorrow you and your family are experiencing now. I will pray.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is so hard. I'm so very sorry. He meant a lot to you and you put in so much effort caring for him. He felt your love and that's beautiful. But also so very sad.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thank you <3

You guys have been so nice in letting me voice my sadness without judging me or stopping me. I appreciate that a lot. I'm grateful for the emotional support that you've given me.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys have been so nice in letting me voice my sadness without judging me or stopping me.
    If anyone is stifling you or telling you what to feel, they should stop. No one has any right to try to control your emotions or even tell you whether or not to express them. Whatever you're feeling is perfectly acceptable. No one can rightfully judge you in that.

Here's a phrase that was given to me when I suffered a deep loss: "Every lament is a love song."
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.”
    Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No words can express. I hope you and your family find some comfort from family, friends, and positive memories.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like chatting about what I am doing and thinking. Besides all the painting and reno I have been and will be completely immersed in.

My husband's daughter send me a text picture this evening of a mug with a saying, "Not a stepmother - a bonus mother". Aw. That was out of the blue. She made my day. She is such a blessing. And we had a rough start, when we really didn't know each other, when Dh and I were distance-dating and planning a future. There was a lot of misunderstanding, with drama, which shattered my calm, and I didn't know what to do. I thank God, Whose hands I put this confusing problem in. I never expected the harmony we have now or that I would come to value her so much - that she would truly feel like "my people", my own family. I feel blessed.

Another thing is on my mind. I have been praying for quite some time that my dear son (SLE, in college) will meet an IEI and experience duality and fall in love ... I pray for this a LOT. And I have more criteria than just IEI for this request, I am embarrassed to admit. I am hoping it happens sometime in college, that's so he does not waste time on wrong types (he has already had long dating relations with various types including his Conflictor and his Supervisee and the latest briefer one was with one I did not meet but I thought she VI'd Delta - and she had some negative Delta-like reactions to a Beta)... Okay, so another criteria in my prayer request is that meeting his Dual soon sounds good to me. Dear son could avoid troubles by being blessed with a dual relationship now - I want him to be blessed with that experience - those relations that just pull you in and improve as they go. He has learned to understand and please a girlfriend (I'm thinking there must be a learning curve when you don't have sisters) - now he can apply that to where its easy and natural! Okay, so I am asking for even more! That she be a practicing Catholic (or at least a very devout Christian) and that they would go to church together, and she can get him thinking about God more than I can see he seems to now. That can happen if a guy is really in love. Finally, because I am bold and I know God really listens, and He doesn't get mad if I ask too much - and knowing He has granted me very detailed requests before, and He could again - I have also been asking that her family be from around here, in this part of my state or near this part of the next state where my son goes to school. That's because my son fell in love with San Diego when he visited last year. That's far! But he (and the happy wife I hope for him) choose to settle far away, having her family near me would assure I would see them as much as possible - and - Lordwilling - grandchildren someday.

Yes, its a pretty detailed fantasy-hope request! But I ask it anyway, knowing God knows that I will accept whatever comes (even if its not what I requested) as His superior plan.

And I have not been expecting any quick answer; I just plan to keep asking.

Okay, so, I am new around here and embracing my new life with my husband and my new family and I know but ONE couple at church. Yes, one non-family couple in the whole state, and they live right around the corner less than a mile from me here in my town. I drive right by their house when I go the the farm to get milk and eggs. We have had them here and we like them, and I have a long teatime with her every couple of weeks at her house (where I am helping her redecorate - because I sit there and admire, but I also say, "Shouldn't that be over there, in that space?" and "Can I fix those flowers?" and she is glad for the ideas and we 86 pictures ("too cluttered!" "doesn't fit!") and move furniture.(I love the design challenge. She is sentimental fru-fru and her LSE husband is modern sleek!). Well one day, a change of scenery! This beautiful girl walks in, her daughter from college, my son's age, and she is a dear, likable girl. And did I say pretty? Yes. And smart. And she talked a bit while she got her (very particular) lunch/snacks ready for work, and she made this one humorous comment that revealed this tiny bit of spunky-sass to her sweet gentle side (her mom is sweet gentle SEI, and SEI isn't spunky from what I've always seen). And I thought: "She is IEI!" I don't consider my VI to be super-strong, but I just had this sudden impression that she looks/feels IEI. And sometimes that first light-bulb-impression turns out to be true! However, she has a longtime dating relationship with a guy in this town, so I set that idea - and you know what idea I had - aside.

Well, last week at tea her Mom is describing how she suspects things seem to be on the outs with that guy (who does not seem good enough for her from what I hear) though her daughter is not sharing on that yet.

So I have arranged for them to meet this weekend! We will all have breakfast here! Ds is between summer sessions and is visiting, and I told him I want him to meet my good new friend here and also I want him to meet her real pretty daughter his age. Okay, he said (not being shy or one to turn down meeting a pretty girl). And I told my friend I want them to meet, and that her daughter would be doing me a favor, because I moved here where he knows no one after he finished high school and so when he visits he doesn't know a single young person in town, as he is in college in his Dad's state and works there, and if he met her then I would be glad knowing my son could feel more at home here when he sees a familiar young face when he is visiting Christmas and Easter and summer at Mass... I also told his mother I just have this sense that they would get each other's sense of humor, but that I could be wrong. So she can tell her daughter that if she wants. I think I was successful with the no pressure/no expectation thing. And it could all be nothing! But I keep having this nagging feeling that God just might bless me with this surprise perfect answer to my prayer!

P.S. Saturday morning - we had our breakfast this morning, 6 of us but two husbands really really talked, leaving very little time for the college two to talk. That was the point. My friend and I realize we should have filled them in beforehand, to hold back on their chitchat. Of course she and I were holding back so that those two could talk but our husbands take the quiet as a ready-audience, I guess. However, they met. And the few times they had opportunities to talk they did seem to get each other's humor...

So @Maritsa, tell me, do you think I'd make a good matchmaker?
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 07-08-2016 at 02:12 AM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post

So I have arranged for them to meet this weekend! We will all have breakfast here! Ds is between summer sessions and is visiting, and I told him I want him to meet my good new friend here and also I want him to meet her real pretty daughter his age. Okay, he said (not being shy or one to turn down meeting a pretty girl). And I told my friend I want them to meet, and that her daughter would be doing me a favor, because I moved here where he knows no one after he finished high school and so when he visits he doesn't know a single young person in town, as he is in college in his Dad's state and works there, and if he met her then I would be glad knowing my son could feel more at home here when he sees a familiar young face when he is visiting Christmas and Easter and summer at Mass... I also told his mother I just have this sense that they would get each other's sense of humor, but that I could be wrong. So she can tell her daughter that if she wants. I think I was successful with the no pressure/no expectation thing. And it could all be nothing! But I keep having this nagging feeling that God just might bless me with this surprise perfect answer to my prayer!

P.S. Saturday morning - we had our breakfast this morning, 6 of us but two husbands really really talked, leaving very little time for the college two to talk. That as the point. My freind and I realize we should have filled them in before hand to hold back on the talk. Of course she and I were holding back so that those two could talk but our husbands take the quiet as an audience I guess. However, they met. And the few times they had opportunities to talk they did seem to get each other's humor...

So @Maritsa, tell me, do you think I'd make a good matchmaker?
    hahah that's a sweet story Eliza. I love it
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

or alpha

oh thought this was delta examples
    Last edited by maniac; 07-04-2016 at 07:31 PM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An SLE boss once taught me, "Perception is reality."

What do you think of that, Deltans?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    An SLE boss once taught me, "Perception is reality."

What do you think of that, Deltans?
    I agree with it, but as an intuitive this is rather unpleasant, as I find it more comfortable to live in the abstract. I'm glad LSEs exist because they make reality seem much less intimidating. Two days ago I had to help out my brother move a lot of furniture, and sustained physical efforts tend to be particularly unpleasant for me, but there was this LSE friend of my brother constantly making jokes and being very nice and helpful, it ended up not being so terrible.
    The gardener is but a dream of the garden.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I agree with it, but as an intuitive this is rather unpleasant, as I find it more comfortable to live in the abstract. I'm glad LSEs exist because they make reality seem much less intimidating. Two days ago I had to help out my brother move a lot of furniture, and sustained physical efforts tend to be particularly unpleasant for me, but there was this LSE friend of my brother constantly making jokes and being very nice and helpful, it ended up not being so terrible.
    lol less intimidating? hahaha they tell you to get your butt up to go to work is not intimidatingly facing the reality?
    -

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol less intimidating? hahaha they tell you to get your butt up to go to work is not intimidatingly facing the reality?
    It's all in how you phrase it ! Also LSEs don't just tell you to do this or that, but they explain to you the most efficient way to realize your task. They are good with compliments too. Contrary to LIE who are much more cut and dry.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It's all in how you phrase it ! Also LSEs don't just tell you to do this or that, but they explain to you the most efficient way to realize your task. They are good with compliments too. Contrary to LIE who are much more cut and dry.
    they do lol when they want to guide, direct someone, they can be persistent and pushy
    -

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they do lol when they want to guide, direct someone, they can be persistent and pushy
    My experience with LSEs is rather limited.Those I know don't tend to be pushy to a point where I feel uncomfortable.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SLE's goal seemed to be to make me better at interfacing with customers, to explain why he wanted me to behave in certain ways. Those ways felt less genuine than I'd have preferred. But I was able to grasp his point and see its value; he was/is good at making customers happy.

There is both one reality and many realities.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

i have a kidney infection....poop
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I will go to Mexico City and hang out, go to museums, go out, drink lots of margaritas, speak bad Spanish, dance bad salsa with a hot stranger in a public square, eat lots of seafood, buy adorable dresses and shoes, go to the Frida Kahlo museum, bask in the sun, and think to myself "fuck all the drama." Because I can and it's what I do best.
    Booked my flight! #yayme #solotravelbecauseitswhatIdobest #¡Ya basta!
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i have a kidney infection....poop
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

hay, it landed me in the lap of an IEE She asked me if I was pregnant three times. I was beginning to wonder if she wanted to impregnate me (no just being silly, it's to determine proper treatment )
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

hay, it landed me in the lap of an IEE
    I love it when crappy things are good for something!
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My experience with LSEs is rather limited.Those I know don't tend to be pushy to a point where I feel uncomfortable.
    This depends on your behavior. EII types have lesser possibility to get "pushy" than EIE, for example.
    If types are correct, certainly.

I had to deal today with one EII in a shop. 2 parts of the order were not made, despite they promised to do this. So I'll need to visit them again and to spend another couple hours to all this. She behaved so quiet and not aggressive, so I got much lesser bad emotions than should from the situation.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    This depends on your behavior. EII types have lesser possibility to get "pushy" than EIE, for example.

I had to deal today with one EII in a shop. 2 parts of the order were not made, despite they promised to do this. So I'll need to visit them again and to spend another couple hours to all this. She behaved so quiet and not aggressive, so I got much lesser bad emotions than should from the situation.
    She's embarrassed because of the error and her own values regarding service. Try to come off warm by smiling and not being overly harsh and direct
    -

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

The only instances where I get pushy is when I get stressed out. Most of the time I keep the pressure to myself. I don't like sharing negative stuff.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It's time to read something involved and epic
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it when crappy things are good for something!

xxfp life validation moments : P
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sometimes you meet a person who touches your soul in a way that gives you hope that everything will be ok. Even if he is not the one (since circumstances are a bit tricky), he is restoring my faith that there are men out there who care deeply about humanity, who truly want equality for all, who go out and fight for what they believe in, put themselves in harm's ways for their principles, and don't mind being vulnerable and open up about their struggles.

I think this was the encounter I needed to realize that the reason that my two longterm relationships worked out the way they did was that they were with compassionate men who shared my values and who were brave, adventurous, and curious. They did not judge people and they cared about injustice.

Sometimes the universe has to hit you over the head with a sledgehammer and say "will you stop this bullshit with men who are just not for you and get your act together. Here, let me show you: he might not be the one with whom you will spend a lifetime, but he is the type of man you need. He will also be, at the very least, a friend who cares about you. You are welcome. Now relax, do you, and everything will fall into place" <3

(It's a bit cruel that the universe also made him so incredibly beautiful. Damn you, universe.)

IMG_1442.jpg
    Last edited by Kim; 07-22-2016 at 04:05 PM.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wowz View Post
    Things can't be OK. Blacks and Whites were created differently, it's called evolution, I don't mean that to be racist just that we look for different things and it's wrong to impose one way of living (genetics) on another (genetics) true live and let live means it's OK, right?. And, there isn't much called perfect. You look for things that society has taught us to look for which leaves us mostly unhappy,

Man I wish I could explain myself more, the truth is to listen to ourselves. Don't sleep around and don't think you have to sell yourself to hit a tick box/button. A real man wants a woman who is a prize, truth, and truth is you want to be one x
    I don't live according to what other people think is good for me. And especially not racists.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't live according to what other people think is good for me. And especially not racists.
    I was just going to say that he aimed for the wrong target lol
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yep View Post
    I know you say this but think about it, every opinion you have is backed up by the mainstream media, you live more to what others (the media - the illuminati - what's happening next, you support whatever the PTB want) you do - think less than you realise, and you're not happy, just be free.

Sounds crazy but I say it because I care.

End of day it's up to you.

Hugs.
    Kim, it's sweet for someone to come just to give you a message of peace of mind
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Kim, it's sweet for someone to come just to give you a message of peace of mind
    It's not a message of peace of mind. It's someone assuming he knows me and the reason behind my choices. He doesn't. And to answer your pm, yes, I believe so.

If I want to sleep around, I will, and if a "a real man" looks at me as a prize, I don't want him.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It's not a message of peace of mind. It's someone assuming he knows me and the reason behind my choices. He doesn't. And to answer your pm, yes, I believe so.

If I want to sleep around, I will, and if a "a real man" looks at me as a prize, I don't want him.
    He's so LSE "think about it" and "free" stale LSE words
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He's so LSE "think about it" and "free" stale LSE words
    You know, regardless of type, I find it intrusive and disrespectful to respond to my post with random racist assertions (that have NOTHING to do with what I wrote), to tell me I am basically deluded, to tell me I live by the standards of others, and to slut-shame me. And then have the nerve to say "I care."
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One of the best things about this site is the way it validates my choices. I may have slept around, I may have made (what appear to others to be) some bad choices, and to some, I may even appear to be a slut because I'm looking to intimately connect with someone, but hey, I don't regret a single foray and besides, that's just the way sx/so works. You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you can find (and settle on) a princess.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    One of the best things about this site is the way it validates my choices. I may have slept around, I may have made (what appear to others to be) some bad choices, and to some, I may even appear to be a slut because I'm looking to intimately connect with someone, but hey, I don't regret a single foray and besides, that's just the way sx/so works. You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you can find (and settle on) a princess.
    I agree and thank you, Adam. And if I had not done that, I would be in an unhappy relationship now because I would not have had the chance to realize just how much my own issues influence the partner choices I made (I made the worst choices when I was in very dark places). My post was meant as self-validation - I have come a long way. And I don't care if people think I am a slut. They do their thing, I do mine and I have very very few regrets.

And jeez, how dare women have a sex drive. Keep it pure, ladies. The patriarchy likes you that way.
    ― Anais Nin