Page 136 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,440 of 6489

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've become one of those people who avoids holidays but doesn't particularly want to, it's just become easier to do so :/
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I think I've become one of those people who avoids holidays but doesn't particularly want to, it's just become easier to do so :/
    UGH. please become a traditional type who participates and plans holidays like LSE do. thank you It makes sense that you being an introvert and hermitic like tendencies of SLI would make you not seem and act like LSE who in fact merrily participate in large social gatherings

"He is not much interested in people, but friendship is very important for him, moreover, he does not shy from participating in large social gatherings. Especially if the group gathers according to some tradition or holiday, such as birthday, anniversary, international women's day or a recurrent fishing trip. "

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    What do you call a terrorist attack in Baghdad?

A Selfie!
    LMAO

When will you marry my IEE friend?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Trends and expectations you're expected to but would rather not have to meet?

I like the holidays for their purpose of reuniting and bringing people together (and for the days off, of course), but a part of me always feels empty and disappointed by the shallow interactions that are too often found in these holiday related festivities, but too seldom encouraging of the opportunity to do something constructive or bond with people on a deeper level.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    LMAO

When will you marry my IEE friend?
    At the same time she'll marry me. Which is quite likely to be never, I think.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Trends and expectations you're expected, but would rather not have, to meet?

I like the holidays for their purpose of reuniting and bringing people together (and for the days off), but a part of me always feels empty and disappointed by the shallow interactions that are too often found in these holiday related festivities, but too seldom allowing the opportunity to do something constructive or bond with people on a deeper level.

At the same time she'll marry me. Which is quite likely to be never, I think.
    Nonesense. By the way she's starting her own business in design.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I broke up with my bf today. He has too much drama and is not ready for a relationship. I'm back to dating again for the one.
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ESE best friend said something very sweet today as we walked together on a little hike. She said that one of the reasons she really likes having me as a friend is that she can feel so much herself around me. She said she's a people-pleaser and picks up on and matches her energy to those she's around. Because I'm calm and steady, she feels she can relax and be whatever she really is inside. (This relates back to my previous posts about my lack of overt emotiveness.)
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I broke up with my bf today. He has too much drama and is not ready for a relationship. I'm back to dating again for the one.

So glad!
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wonder what life is like without mood swings you have no control over because your moods are created and shaped by external influences. And with the ability to create your own emotional stability. And with being content with your life and enjoy stability without feeling antsy and not constantly wondering about what you could do next, where you could live next, where you could travel to next, what other projects you could start and what other careers you should try out. #feelingrestless

“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yen View Post
    Who'd have thought it would be so hard to meet someone who just wants kids and to live a satisfying drama free live?

I blame the quick-fix hedonism which is encouraged as our release in society. Not much you can do about it - apart from being aware of the 'spell', which loosens its power. I think this is why lots of men end up meeting people in less developed countries, their priorities are less miss-aligned, I don't know maybe women could meet a Thai husband? Doesn't seem the same though.
    I feel like modern men don't want to ascribe to traditional life. Why would they need to when they can have women like toys and play with them too.
    -

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I think modern society contributes a lot to this. People aren't allowed to have any opinions that society deems 'not conducive', for instance, you can't be racist, can't not agree with sleeping around, not allowed to want revenge, not allowed to dislike someone.

All these things are like thought and action police infringing on peoples freedom. Infact people can not really do or think anything today that's important. The best they can do is promote the system or do something trivial like dye their hair for a while. And we all know people like all animals typically don't do well when there is excessive rules or captivity.

Also the rules have got so complicated that you can't do right for doing wrong, leading to guilt and paralysis and a mindset where it's really hard to be a peace with oneself.

But, hey it'll be OK
    People can be racist and sexist all they want to be but then you can't infringe on other people's rights to treat them like they're are backwoods ignorant for doing it and calling them out on it. It works both ways. Are you saying it is important for you personally to be a racist and you are afraid to admit it because you are pc? I wasn't quite sure if you were alluding to that or talking generally.

I would argue that if someone has opinions that are unpopular and are afraid to share then their opinions might not be that strong or important to begin with I personally prefer to know the type of person I am dealing with than have their opinions hidden on issues they consider important. My friends make ignorant remarks all the time but I notice they have changed over time and broadened their perspectives.

I feel free to dislike many people but it is usually a waste of energy to actively dislike someone so I let the feeling of dislike pass and then focus my energy on important things.

This guy has the right frame of mind and perspective. He accepted their right to stomp on a flag even though it bothered him. I respect him even though to me a flag is just a piece of fabric. It may be a symbol but it is not supposed to be more important than the freedom it supposed to stand for.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like modern men don't want to ascribe to traditional life. Why would they need to when they can have women like toys and play with them too.
    Except in the end it leaves them so unhappy and unfulfilled. They need to be saved from themselves.

Oops, editing to add, I'm not advising to save them... because that depends on their will, which is the real determination, and if they don't will to be different, they aren't changing...
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I wonder what life is like without mood swings you have no control over because your moods are created and shaped by external influences. And with the ability to create your own emotional stability. And with being content with your life and enjoy stability without feeling antsy and not constantly wondering about what you could do next, where you could live next, where you could travel to next, what other projects you could start and what other careers you should try out. #feelingrestless
    That's a very well-expressed sentiment.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

No I am not saying any of those things.

I am saying that for society to continue to function that people have to have their right to expression limited. This is why there are laws about subjects like racism, homophobia and all sorts of things.

As an example, take revenge. In the 'old days' revenge was a socially acceptable activity, we've all seen films of old fashioned society where the gentleman is 'demanding satisfaction' which typically takes place in a duel for some sort of offense. What was once an acceptable outlet is now something very much frowned upon, people are not allowed to take the law into their own hands.

I hope you get my point and I don't want to discuss politics with you or watch you tube videos, but you can see how society has had to become neutered, I didn't watch the video but going by your explanation - I don't know why people are burning flags for anyway looks like everyone is frustrated and the problem is neither is really allowed to express themselves so the only way that works is for people to neuter their responses to mental passivity then try to convince themself that they are rolling over and taking it because it's ethical, not because if they actually allowed themself to get pissed off and started rioting that it would interfere with people getting the bus to work and they would go to jail.

Edit: And yes people are under huge pressure to suppress themself to allow the modern wheels to keep turning ever efficiently, it's no wonder we all get stressed by pressures of modern living, me too.
    I know no other way than modern living but living in the distant past seems like it would have been more stressful for me personally.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't want to debate politics but I could not tell in your other post if you were for or against what you were talking about.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What Eliza said too.

I also seen the same thing happen with friends, so many people now have buddies to do something with, but what I see as true friendship, someone who you can talk to about what's important to you or personal stuff, or someone you can rely on, that's becoming harder to find. Ergo Facebook which should really be called acquaintances rather than devaluing the word friend.

Ha, the world, but we'll be OK
    Are you LSE?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes, I am.
    I figured. Thank you for cheering me up
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    My ESE best friend said something very sweet today as we walked together on a little hike. She said that one of the reasons she really likes having me as a friend is that she can feel so much herself around me. She said she's a people-pleaser and picks up on and matches her energy to those she's around. Because I'm calm and steady, she feels she can relax and be whatever she really is inside. (This relates back to my previous posts about my lack of overt emotiveness.)
    I've heard this from a variety of extrotims about 9s, particularly of late of ESE and IEEs, 2s and even 6s.

I can confirm you are generally a non-meddling kind of person, mhm.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default chess saga

I've been loosing lately because I've been playing against the computer and it learns my strategies and uses them against me. Yesterday I moved the pawn infront of the King clearing the way for the queen, after the opponent moved the pawn in front of the King. Then, I moved the queen to the far left. i took the opponent's first pawn and the second pawn that was moved from in front of their queen with my queen. this second pawn took my first pawn. ☺️

I'm the black pieces

it was a good strategy to move the queen to the left and ignor it being taken
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-09-2016 at 11:56 PM.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post

Mhm

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I will go to Mexico City and hang out, go to museums, go out, drink lots of margaritas, speak bad Spanish, dance bad salsa with a hot stranger in a public square, eat lots of seafood, buy adorable dresses and shoes, go to the Frida Kahlo museum, bask in the sun, and think to myself "fuck all the drama." Because I can and it's what I do best.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    I will go to Mexico City and hang out, go to museums, go out, drink lots of margaritas, speak bad Spanish, dance bad salsa with a hot stranger in a public square, eat lots of seafood, buy adorable dresses and shoes, go to the Frida Kahlo museum, bask in the sun, and think to myself "fuck all the drama." Because I can and it's what I do best.
    And all without me
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And all without me
    Meet me there!
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am going to take yoga classes again. My SEI cousin is teaching and I do love it. I feel as though I should also take weight training too. What needs to get done is my laptop needs to get repaired.

It's only Tuesday. Ah. What will I do and when? Anyone want to organize my activities?
    -

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I am on the Minde wagon; I believe she is not EII and I have built a mountain of evidence, as Sherlock Holmes suggested, against it and why I think she is really SEI, as you did with Tereg; but, he does not see my words, he is only concerned about his emotions for her. She is as sweet as frosting on cake.
    Maritsa I type You SEE confirm and final for your liking to gather data check facts (Se) and use forms of social manipulation

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

She is as sweet as frosting on cake.
    This sentence is Se

You are relating an object to an object.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My ESE sister texts me "I'm dying"
    My stomach clenched in pain, my chest and heart beat go up
    I text her "what?"
    She says "I need cream puffs and macaroons"
    I relax a little and wonder how she can raise my worries so fast raise my emotional alertness and create drama with one out of the blue ttextIng try to relax internally as I still feel the stress and I text her back "I'll get you some today"
    She says "good I need it"
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-19-2016 at 08:31 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@yen yes LSE is fast and quick because they factor information in to reach a conclusion for action, the right action while LSI have to think of all the information all the steps and sometimes reiterated that then act. Their Se wants details for the purpose of inspection. Therefore the "Inspector" archetype. Don't let this bother your need to act Mr. Director
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    I know shyness isn't socionics type related.

But this is my second time post something at lounge, and it feels like, watching people log in and log out, walking around, studying Socionics, or talk about anything.

And my heart just said to me, "Why you are just sit here? Go and enjoy this forum."

Yes, I actually enjoy being something invisible and unexplainable here.
    Post as much or as little as you like. You are welcome here.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just discovered Mahalia Jackson.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I JUST GOT A MACBOOK AIR FINALLY

I've had two Mac computers. My first was an Apple Macintosh that lasted 10 years; my second was a MacBook Pro that lasted another 10 years; say welcome to my third computer yay
    -

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

.....what she said......
    Sounds pretty great, Kim. I'm happy for you, and hope things work out.

From the way you describe him, he might be an ILI. They like food, have strong Ni, and can be Peacemakers. If he is ILI, you might be in a Mirage relationship, just as I am. And despite the bad rep that Mirage has, I think it can be pretty sweet.

I will admit, though, there have been times when I was ready to call it quits over disparate goals and needs. (She probably was, too.) When I felt like that, I just suspended judgement for a while, and things surprisingly got better.

I wish you both the best of luck.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-27-2016 at 11:02 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Penny

From his picture and what you have told me so far, ILI is not a bad typing for him.

YWIMW

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Penny.

One other thing. I have spent most of my life around both SLI's (father, ex-wife, son) and ILI's (best friend since Jr High, financial advisor, coworkers, etc) and so I flatter myself that I know them both pretty well. I also know four IEE's (three females, one male), for reference.

If your guy is ILI, he is a Victim, and is going to look at you as a worthy queen, or his lady, whom he will serve. (Take a look at End's recent posts for more on this.)

This is very different from the way an SLI caretaker views their IEE duals. According to the SLI's I have known, their duals are fun to be around, but IEE's spend money recklessly and are completely flakey, which they find very hard to put up with.

Connection is hard, but it is worth working for.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@End 's preferences are not representative of a typical ILI though. He has a bit of fetish going on but I still think he is ILI.

YWIMW

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Aylen, I agree with your comments about @End. I'm pretty sure he is ILI, and he seems to be surprisingly candid on here, more than a typical ILI would reveal. Probably, irl, he'd look perfectly normal. Conservative-appearing, even. Very button-down and logical, get the job done right with a minimum of fuss and errors.

However, one thing he seems to share with all the ILI's I know irl, is his very strong attraction to extroverted party girls. He's probably also super-tolerant of crazy female behavior, and is probably really good at managing his finances.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Aylen, I agree with your comments about @End. I'm pretty sure he is ILI, and he seems to be surprisingly candid on here, more than a typical ILI would reveal. Probably, irl, he'd look perfectly normal. Conservative-appearing, even. Very button-down and logical, get the job done right with a minimum of fuss and errors.

However, one thing he seems to share with all the ILI's I know irl, is his very strong attraction to extroverted party girls. He's probably also super-tolerant of crazy female behavior, and is probably really good at managing his finances.
    This is true. I was in that phase of life when I was in a relationship with an ILI and we had lots of crazy/risky adventures in the beginning. The problem though was his jealousy when I used Fe around other men so he slowly locked me away. I was fine with it for a long time. I was kind of trained for an ILI relationship by observing, rebelling and finally adjusting (as much as I could) to my stepdad so I toned down Fe around him and others. It lasted longer than any relationship but in the end was pretty stagnant since we were both introverts and there is only so much reading philosophy to each other, in bed, over tea, that one can do. After all the partying we had one amazing introverted philosophical year, where were were enamored with each other, while shutting the outside world out (he had money to do this). Then we moved and both started looking for excitement elsewhere. I think it might be easier for an IEE to inspire them to get out of their heads and go out into the world to experience new things. He could not help me when I got apathetic and I think it made him more apathetic towards people. I would get over it rather quickly but he would stay stuck in apathy.

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I get rather strong LII-Ne Sp/Sx vibes from him, personally.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I can't quite see that with him. He seems too straight-forward and confident and he is a bit too much of a risk-taker to be sp-first. Also more spontaneous and adventurous than I have known LIIs to be. But I really don't know him that well, so nothing is certain (except that he is more than likely intuitive).
    His comments about culture are very contraflow and Social blindspot, IMO. But again, this is just my impression.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I can't quite see that with him. He seems too straight-forward and confident and he is a bit too much of a risk-taker to be sp-first. Also more spontaneous and adventurous than I have known LIIs to be. But I really don't know him that well, so nothing is certain (except that he is more than likely intuitive).
    Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    His comments about culture are very contraflow and Social blindspot, IMO. But again, this is just my impression.
    Sis are you talking about End? I think he is a bit different than a lot of ILI but I am not sure if he is that similar to LII. He is unique but something about his tone, in my head, makes me hear him in the voices of ILI I know. Neither were into fantasy like End but there is a familiar tone.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I could see ILI (I suppose they are not all arrogant and grumpy haha). He does not seem all that crazy-tolerant, at least not drama crazy (he seems to have had some pretty nutty exes). I said that people have called me crazy, but more related to being impulsive and not planning anything and doing whatever seems fun in the moment. He said "I can see your kind of crazy. It's in the glitter in your eyes."

Ugh, meh. Sappayyyyy. So scary...
    quick, whirlwind romance - check
    "my exes are nutty broads" - check

two ticks on the red flag checklist.

here to poop on your parade. just keep your eyes open <3

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    quick, whirlwind romance - check
    "my exes are nutty broads" - check

two ticks on the red flag checklist.

here to poop on your parade. just keep your eyes open <3
    What else is on this helpful red flag checklist of yours?