Page 129 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,160 of 6493

Thread: Delta Lounge

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I have a free companion airfare to anywhere in the world. I think we'll take a trip to somewhere green and spacious. He likes that.
    Kansas in the spring?
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a free companion airfare to anywhere in the world. I think we'll take a trip to somewhere green and spacious. He likes that.
    Where do you want to go?

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waster View Post
    Where do you want to go?
    I want to eat
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to eat
    Easy. Italy. I recommend tuscany.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    OMG I love you!
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG I love you!
    If you go in the off season (such as now), you'll have each vineyard owner's full attention. I recommend starting in Florence and driving your way around to each little town (Siena, Montepulciano, Pisa)
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Kansas in the spring?
    He would probably like something like that...you would know, being his activity relations
    -

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too much pasta and wheat.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter coast
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an obsession with water/cloud featuring art.

ἀταραξία

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You know you love your SO when you know you'll be happy at your own wedding. Humm

My dream wedding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUxmVQ3O8WQ
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-09-2015 at 06:47 AM.
    -

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kids are so much fun! My kid loves my talking toes It is hilarious when we get going back and forth. Sometimes I draw faces on my toes, fingers, or the thumb side of my hands. Anyone who is not present is clearly missing out on a good time, lol.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You know how people with poor posture can end up walking around hunched over when their older? Well, I wonder if those from my generation and younger are going to walk around with their arms up and neck down from all of those years hunched over their cell phones. If it happens to me, I'm going to contort my face, drag one leg behind, and moan to look that much more like a zombie. Then I won't have to wait until Halloween to scare the crap out of little kids. No one be offended; it is perfectly normal for zombies to scare little children. I would just be doing my duty as a zombie.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Valentine's is approaching and so is our anniversary day. Love. Rich dark pink...I love this maybe more than red. They come from the heart and were given with love so it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-29-2015 at 05:10 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    You know how people with poor posture can end up walking around hunched over when their older? Well, I wonder if those from my generation and younger are going to walk around with their arms up and neck down from all of those years hunched over their cell phones. If it happens to me, I'm going to contort my face, drag one leg behind, and moan to look that much more like a zombie. Then I won't have to wait until Halloween to scare the crap out of little kids. No one be offended; it is perfectly normal for zombies to scare little children. I would just be doing my duty as a zombie.
    Let's set a goal…pilates and maybe yoga. each one of us will keep a log of a few back straitening exercsize
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-03-2015 at 05:46 AM.
    -

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stupid mail. I spent a good part of a day before Christmas making my son's favorite Poppy Seed Bread because he requested it. I made a huge batch to send him 3 and also give some away here. I used a big soup pot to mix under my KitchenAid mixer since the 5 QT bowl was not enough! Glazed it hot then froze it overnight to make sure it was fresh as possible he got it, and mailed it out the next day. Well more than 2 weeks of waiting and he still didn't get it and then it came back home, return to sender, deliverable address. Could not find a thing wrong with the address, doubled checked with my son. So the bread was stale, and the $18 postage as well as all the money for ingredients was gone.

Time to start over,and try again, but I was short on one ingredient I could not find in this state so had to order it online and wait for it to come. This weekend I was baking again, a huge baking day with another giant batch so I could freeze some and then send him some every couple of weeks, and only 2 at a time, in case they got lost again. And this time it was going out priority mail! That should do it!

That was $16 more for only 2 this time, and I was told it could have been cheaper if I had repackaged in one of their boxes. But i did not want to delay. I will try their box next time.

So - Two-day Priority! Got a tracking number!

So I am tracking it all the time since Monday, and now its Thursday night! It was accepted here in town at 11:30am on Monday and left the P.O. for a sorting facility at 4pm Monday. Okay. But its been stuck there since!

At the same time I sent another 2day pkg , due Wed. in Oregon. This one got slightly further. Not to Oregon Wednesday like it was supposed to, but late Wed. night it made it to a sorting facility in Massachusetts, and its apparently still sitting there!

I checked the weather there. They got 6" with Juno so that's not the problem.

But I am more annoyed about my second try of mailing the perishable bread that's still near here somewhere.

So I am batting zero on 2-day mail. Has anyone else had this problem?
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ok I signed the consent to have my dad's leg amputated tomorrow morning. It was a long and painful road and we'll see how this goes. I love the line from Elizabeth "I am my father's daughter!" I'm his oldest child. My mother is feeling so sad…she'd been crying all day and she wanted me to decide.
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ok I signed the consent to have my dad's leg amputated tomorrow morning. It was a long and painful road and we'll see how this goes. I love the line from Elizabeth "I am my father's daughter!" I'm his oldest child. My mother is feeling so sad…she'd been crying all day and she wanted me to decide.
    I am sorry to hear that, Maritsa! But I am sure he will be fine - people adapt. <3
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Maritsa, how is your dad?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I am sorry to hear that, Maritsa! But I am sure he will be fine - people adapt. <3
    He's doing so much better. He's in rehab and is learning to walk on one leg. They want to strengthen him as well as feed him so that in a few months he can fit into a prosthetic
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He's doing so much better. He's in rehab and is learning to walk on one leg. They want to strengthen him as well as feed him so that in a few months he can fit into a prosthetic
    I am so happy to hear this! All the best to him.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel proud for you for making this decision.

My Uncle had his leg amputated and has adapted well; I hope the same for your father.
    Everything interests me but nothing holds me.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Misc. stuff I am doing and thinking on is below. I feel a need to unload so many impressions on my mind.

- I just got back from visiting my son in Phoenix. We went on a side-trip to the Grand Canyon! Wow, such beauty I have never seen, and it will always be a part of me. And Phoenix, the parts I saw - so, so beautiful. I stayed at a beautiful Catholic retreat center part of the time, which was a real blessing, and like-home comfort to me. The weather was so lovely, the afternoons a bit hot but bearable, but the rest of the time, perfectly pleasurable.

- After all the bright sun and fresh spring/summer growth, exceptionally astounding scenery, and lovely landscaped southwest architecture, I arrived home to the the peak-ugliest time of the only ugly time of year here in the Northeast. No signs of the new life of spring yet, only everywhere the deadness of late winter, marked by shrinking mounds of gray dirty snow pulling back to reveal dormant muddy grass, messy piles of dirty brown oak leaves and misc. trash debris once hidden under white snow. Driving home yesterday the dullness of this sight was increased by the densely overcast gray skies.

- And our home didn't look that much better because dear husband stayed home and took care of all the important stuff (like my Mom) and that doesn't include the little nice extra things I do to make it homey, so, it looked a bit like a bachelor crash pad... (Just sayin'! Not complaining, because he does great here with the stuff that matters, and I'm grateful)..

- Yesterday I had jet lag from night travel so it looks less-bad today. In two days we will get some sunshine and the house will be bright. Soon I will get the house looking its normally comforting self. As to the weather, I have had this bad experience before: perfectly content with the winter here, then leaving the Northeast in winter for a trip south, and coming home quite now quite dissatisfied about our winter conditions. It seems better to me to just stay here and tough it out because it only really seems bad coming home from bright weather.

But soon will be the hopeful joys of seeing the tiny signs of spring that promise to show the wonderful beauty that is this place...

- But the good thing about the weather is that Dh is tapping the trees in the yard, making syrup! He does this every year as his father did before him every year, so its a long tradition for him, and I love it (its my first winter with him). He predicted a bad year, but its turning out good! The house smells pervasively "maple" and we have the wonderful accomplishment to show of a whole quart jar of that amber "gold", and well more than a quart on the stove awaits straining. And the sap buckets (from just 3 trees) are come full everyday! If it doesn't slow up soon we might end up with a whole gallon!

- I am rusty at travel, having done so little for so long, and I was full of nerves before I left which affected my planning. Biggest problem: too much stuff! What a burden it is to travel with too much stuff. I have a list of everything I would do different if next year my son is still there and I go see him again. First on the list is SO MUCH less stuff, second is a shorter trip. Long trips make for too much expense and now I have to bite the bullet for a LONG time. Also better planning - its too hard to decide things when you get there and are prone to being overtired and overwhelmed. Next time i will want to make all the itinerary decisions beforehand, and check with everyone to see if they agree. I can handle a change in plan if need be, but I need to start with a solid plan, not a huge list of possibilities. Also arriving at night is not a good idea for me. It was stressful renting a strange car driving to a strange place in the middle of the night when I was so tired and just me to rely on.

- I discovered I get motion sickness now on planes. I bought Dramamine for the way back; that improved things much.

- Last night, Mom had one of her nights of rapping alternatively on the doors, the walls, and on her bathroom mirror - loudly. She thinks its daytime and not the middle of the night, and just wants to talk and maybe go for a walk or just ask us Qs. Not ideal the first night back when I lost the night before of sleep because of travel. But then today she made me happy talking to the old cat (we have three) which she has forgotten to do lately - this cat used to sit on her lap but has been ignoring her. But this time kitty took to this attention happily, and hopped on her lap, and Mom kept up a happy, very normal-sounding conversation with the old kitty while kitty purred loudly ("your motor", Mom called it) at the lavished attention . It was a sweet scene, and made me happy.

A quirky thing about my SLI/IEE Duality pair is "independence from each other, as well as from others". I guess we are both independent, that's true. But I think I noticed this for us as a couple for the first time. It was our first time apart, and it was necessary to be apart; I needed to see my son which was only happening by my going away, and he needed to stay with Mom because she can't be alone. I dreaded leaving him; I am so comfortable at home with him. But we did fine apart. I did not feel angst being away from him, and I did not hear it in his voice either when we talked. We both did what we had to do. For the lovers we are, you would think there would be angst being apart, but there wasn't. I did experience some anxiety about leaving him, but once I left any anxiety I had was about the things I had to accomplish. There also was not an emotional reunion. No drama or anything. It was good to see him but we just took up where we left off. I feel a relief and comfort now to be with him again, and I can tell he does in his way, too (like I sensed his contented relief when I made meals for us and we sat down together to eat.)

- I have been long confused about my AZ brother's type. His wife I've been quite sure is EIE. Those two have SUCH a great Duality-like relationship, but I thought he must be LSE, like our NY brother - they seem so alike! Yet they did not seem at all to be SuperEgos. He told me to ask his wife since she knows MBTI. She said, "Well, I know he is 'I' and I am 'E'" - and then that was it - of course, he is LSI! It makes perfect sense! Yes, of course they can only be Duals. For my brother and I, I'd never considered that we are Conflictors but perhaps that explains why it was so hard to figure his type, since he is different in so many ways. It is not with us at all like what I have seen of conflictor marriages, but, those difficulties are likely to surface less for relationships that aren't couples, I suppose. I have lots more thoughts on LSI right now but I can't write them all. Anyway, seeing these two interact always amazes me. They have a rich Dual relations; they are so blessed. They bring out the very best in each other. I realized with my dh husband I have the same, only, not only is it a very different manifestation of Duality in our different Quadra, but, dh and I are like green newbies in our relationship, even at our age, we are like kids at this togetherness thing, whereas they are seasoned, with a long solid relationship and many, many shared experiences, raising children, buying and selling homes, and businesses, many vacation experiences - so many years of differing life experiences together that now they are truly like fine, fine wine together. My sis-in-law laughed at this and added that they seem to read each others minds, they know what the other thinks or likes, and the other day they texted the same thought to each other at the same time and she said she texted, "Get out of my head!" - and they both laughed and hugged when she gleefully retold this. A healthy dualized EIE is really a delightful person, BTW - like a shining star! And they both deserve all the credit for helping each other be the best they can be over these years. My LSI brother really knows how to take care of his loved ones and everything that goes with them. LSI makes a truly loyal loving husband. EIEs, you NEED a LSI!

- I have lots more thoughts about my SLE son but I feel "betraying" to talk about them here since he is now the emerging young adult. I will say I am proud of him making it so well on his own. EIE sis-in-law marveled at what he's done, saying of him: "He's gritty!" "Like John Wayne?", said I - thinking he's also an ESTp - (isn't he?). Yes, she agreed.

- I read an amazing book about Mother Angelica the last day and on the planes home. I am 2/3rds the way through and am anxious to read the rest. What astounding accomplishments from this very simple woman! John Paul II -- whom I just read a short biography on; and he NEVER forgot any face or any person or any even little conversation he had with anyone - and this is someone who very probably met more people than anyone in the world, ever -- when he saw her at the Vatican, called across the room, "Mother Angelica, the grand chief!" and he laughed loudly, repeating, "Mother Angelica, the grand chief!" as he walked away. And she was. What a powerhouse of a woman! What she was up against was huge - and most powerfully oppressing of all were the enemies within the Church. But in her we surely see the truth revealed that God uses the weak to confound the strong. In another Vatican visit, she stood at the end of a receiving line, teetering in her habit, with her canes, held up by back and leg braces (this is before a later miraculous instantaneous healing of her legs and back after decades of suffering) and Pope John Paul II approached her, laid his hand on her head and made the sign of the cross with his other hand on her forehead, saying, "Mother Angelica, weak in body, strong in spirit." Well, I love this woman as I loved that man, and reading this book I feel even more she is my friend forever to know better in heaven. I do love to see how God works in others' lives. And these are two of the bright stars.

Well its three hours earlier for me but I should try to sleep. Dh sleeps next to me on the couch till I am ready to go up.I wake him. I would not like this but he is fine with it, even prefers it. Mom is up just now, after retiring early after her night of knocking last night. She is wandering in her room (that Dh built for her) next to me, talking to whoever it is she talks to - quite a conversation (she asks the questions and answers them, keeping up a real conversation with her two differing voices, like she rarely can with us) and I am going to get her a big bowl of ice cream, which makes her happy. Then we'll all go to bed...
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-28-2015 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eliza Thomason... how are you doing? Have you ever considered writing on a more, say, professional basis? I see that you need to unload many things on this forum and this is good for you and for everyone who has the patience to read your huge posts. Unfortunately I'm not one of those so I can't tell much about what you write, but you seem to be a prolific writer for sure. Perhaps you could be one of those writers who make millions of cash from books. One indication: write things like Louise Hay, she's very much into that self-helping type of writing and she makes millions. A hug from a friend here

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm going to unload some stuff here too. Suggestions and opinions are welcome.
    First, I'm very excited that I moved to São Paulo. It's a huge city compared to Rio de Janeiro, which is more a touristical center in Brazil. São Paulo is where the business is, the big money, all the companies, stock market, etc. It's the big financial hub of Brazil. São Paulo State accounts for half of the Brazilian GDP. The city reminds me much more of Milan than any Brazilian city I've been to. People are very much E3-minded here: business, job, individualism. It's a kind of Brazilian New York I could say. Living here is much better for working. People are more serious, less friendly and the weather is milder. Less heat. Right now it's the beggining of Autumn in the Southern Hemisphere and we're some 900m above sea level here. It's rainy this Sunday, but the past two days were hot so now it's cooling down, around 22ºC. At night even during the end of summer we got 18ºC. So I'm preparing for a cool winter with temperatures from 5ºC to 15ºC. I love this type of weather.

Today that EII girl came to talk to me via facebook, but she seems very confused. Perhaps she's depressed. She posted some philosophical quote yesterday on her facebook about suicide being the great question in life. I just phoned her but her phone is either off area or turned off. I would really like to see her again. I've been thinking about my feelings. I really like her. We hadn't talked for 5 days. I missed her. She's so pretty on the inside also. She's such a sensitive soul. I have to take care not to hurt her, but I won't. I have serious feelings towards her.

Yesterday it was sunny and I went out to get to know some parts of this huge city I didn't know. It was amazing. I walked more than 5 miles or 8 kilometers total. I like to walk fast. My friend had trouble keeping up with me. He said I looked like I'm on some sort of military inspection of the city because of the way I walked and stopped abruptly. That's funny. This city is very interesting. People are workaholic. There's no beach. It sits on top of a plateau. It's forested so despite being huge it has a calm air to it, except downtown.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airman View Post
    Eliza Thomason... how are you doing? Have you ever considered writing on a more, say, professional basis? I see that you need to unload many things on this forum and this is good for you and for everyone who has the patience to read your huge posts. Unfortunately I'm not one of those so I can't tell much about what you write, but you seem to be a prolific writer for sure. Perhaps you could be one of those writers who make millions of cash from books. One indication: write things like Louise Hay, she's very much into that self-helping type of writing and she makes millions. A hug from a friend here
    Thanks for the feedback, Airman. And the hug! LOL, its true my long posts don't get much notice here. Certainly you are not the only one to not-relate to my long train of thoughts. Though, I do expect that, at the very least, half the types here will be disinterested in my view of things, if not 3/4's, or more! Which is why I posted this one in Delta. However you do get me to thinking: maybe I should find a place to blog. Probably not here, though, as I think blogs here often can get no views at all. But somewhere. Better yet, a book! Yes. I have always wanted to do that. But to find a topic? Well I will just have to sit on it. The comparison to Hays is actually an apt one, though perhaps a parallel at best, as I diverge from her basic approach. But you give me seed for thought.

I enjoyed your little bit about Sao Paulo. It reminds me how I like to watch House Hunter's International sometimes, to help me see what its like to live in other places. And I am going to pray for that dear EII that you like, to St.Michael, the enemy of the originator of that idea that suicide is anything to give consideration to. (Unlike Hays, my view is that its all a spiritual battle we are in, vs. a mental one).

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, Airman. And the hug! LOL, its true my long posts don't get much notice here. Certainly you are not the only one to not-relate to my long train of thoughts. Though, I do expect that, at the very least, half the types here will be disinterested in my view of things, if not 3/4's, or more! Which is why I posted this one in Delta. However you do get me to thinking: maybe I should find a place to blog. Probably not here, though, as I think blogs here often can get no views at all. But somewhere. Better yet, a book! Yes. I have always wanted to do that. But to find a topic? Well I will just have to sit on it. The comparison to Hays is actually an apt one, though perhaps a parallel at best, as I diverge from her basic approach. But you give me seed for thought.

I enjoyed your little bit about Sao Paulo. It reminds me how I like to watch House Hunter's International sometimes, to help me see what its like to live in other places. And I am going to pray for that dear EII that you like, to St.Michael, the enemy of the originator of that idea that suicide is anything to give consideration to. (Unlike Hays, my view is that its all a spiritual battle we are in, vs. a mental one).
    A blog is a good idea perhaps to start with, then you go for writing a book? Also, if you go by people´s likes and dislikes, as it is said in buddhism, you end up doing nothing, or regretting what you did, because you only did to please others. So keep writing and it doesn't matter, as long as it does you some good, it is beneficial. And I'm also confident that there are people who read your posts and take something good from them. So don't ever give up writing here. Do what you will, regardless of what people may think and you may end up surprised with the positive outcome, this is a sentence I've been told by a tibetan Lama. I wrote here just to unload really, because my style is probably boring, matter-of-fact, dry. But it made me feel good. Your writing seems much better so move on. Perhaps to bigger things like a book. Cheers!

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last week, my husband and I decided to meet at the bank to get a few things done on our account. He came after work and I came from the grocery store, so we drove separately. We both happened to park on opposite sides of the parking lot, and thus walked in through doors that were directly across from one another. We walked in from opposite sides and met in the middle of the bank, then parted through our separate doors.

There was something very beautiful about it- a symmetry, interdependence, trust, comfort. I'm sure to the bankers it looked strange- a married couple coming in from separate doors, sharing a laugh while holding hands and managing their account, kissing in the middle of the bank, and then parting through separate doors again.

I keep re-living it because it so perfectly defines us.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been receiving massage therapy and joint manipulation for my spine/back, and it has taken away about 65% of the upper back pain. I can do so much more now than I could for the past 8 or so years. Read and take notes while laying on my stomach. Lay on my back for a few minutes. Be upright for hours at a time. Slouch, lol. But wow, the therapy is absolutely painful! After a session I feel sick, feverish, achey, shivery for the rest of that day and all the next. Then the third day I feel good, able to move more without triggering the pain. I'm so grateful to finally have a dr who listens to me, and some physical therapists who adapt to the needs of my spine/back rather than follow some predetermined program.

Extra bonus, less pain means less stress means less cortisol means less insulin problems means less cravings, more functional exercise, and reduced fat. Yay!

I've been using this renewed energy to clear up my garden after two years of neglect. One side has been overrun by an ivy type plant we just can't seem to get rid of. The other side by buttercup weeds that choked out my strawberry plants last year, and cover about half of the garden now.

Last weekend I decided that since we can't have chickens to eat the slugs, I was going to get some frogs/salamanders in to eat them. So this week I've been digging out an area to put in a 125 gallon pond. I wanted something big enough to support a varied supply of water plants, to develop a good ecosystem in the pond without need for a pump. And I've got miniature cattails for it!! Omg! (I've been drawn to cattails since i was a kid.)

And, I've finally settled on creating a permaculture garden as one of my main focuses for the next 5-10 years. Gardening has always been a struggle for me. On the one hand I dislike being on someone else's (nature's) timeline rather than being able to do things based on my mood. I also still have problems with the slugs, bugs, spiders, getting my hands dirty, and paying enough attention to the plant qualities to see more than just a sea of green. On the other hand I feel it's important that if I own a piece of land (or live on one), then it's my duty to be it's steward. To guide it into developing good soil while also being productive in some way. I'm a strong believer in "Food, not Lawns".

But, there are lots of ways that I can play with my yard and garden. For example, I'm reading up on botany and plant senses so i can better understand them. I'm intending to practice sketching them in a garden field guide type way. I had read that the best way of paying attention to plants for identification purposes and generally developing an understanding of them is to sketch them. It forces the mind to slow down and attend to details of what the eye sees. The sketches aren't meant to be art, but just a way to get myself to pay attention to the physical details of them. So far I'm just trying to get myself to focus on copying line art for now. And putting what i learn from botany as a guideline to what I'm looking at.

Richard bought a foraging book specific to the pacific northwest. He spends time studying a plant, then brings home some samples and educates me on what to look for, differences to watch out for, etc.

I still haven't figured out a good winter focus. I'm kind of leaning towards making some games to help learn the concepts I'm working with. Gardening concepts, and mental/emotional health/development concepts. This can involve richard, as he plays a lot of games and would enjoy putting his Ti HA to use in solving game development issues. But this is still just imagination playing around. I will know more when winter comes, i hope.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last week, my husband and I decided to meet at the bank to get a few things done on our account. He came after work and I came from the grocery store, so we drove separately. We both happened to park on opposite sides of the parking lot, and thus walked in through doors that were directly across from one another. We walked in from opposite sides and met in the middle of the bank, then parted through our separate doors.

There was something very beautiful about it- a symmetry, interdependence, trust, comfort. I'm sure to the bankers it looked strange- a married couple coming in from separate doors, sharing a laugh while holding hands and managing their account, kissing in the middle of the bank, and then parting through separate doors again.

I keep re-living it because it so perfectly defines us.
    This sounds like a scene from a romance movie/book. Complete with music in the backdrop.
    You two are adorable!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

i m cooking easter dinner this year. Traditional Armenian meal consistes of green eggs which are eggs beaten with chopped greens like spinach, dandiloin greens, green onions and salt and pepper and made into omelets, rice and fish (salmon this year with chopped terragon). I'm excited. It's my first
    -

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i m cooking easter dinner this year. Traditional Armenian meal consistes of green eggs which are eggs beaten with chopped greens like spinach, dandiloin greens, green onions and salt and pepper and made into omelets, rice and fish (salmon this year with chopped terragon). I'm excited. It's my first
    Make sure to take a photo! We'd love to see!!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Make sure to take a photo! We'd love to see!!
    http://imgur.com/v8ZI5yJ
    -

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Something I've relearned this week, something I have long forgotten, is how restorative leisure can be and how necessary it is.

I've also realized that I have a crap load of work waiting for me when the weather warms.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something I've relearned this week, something I have long forgotten, is how restorative leisure can be and how necessary it is.

I've also realized that I have a crap load of work waiting for me when the weather warms.
    I don't think I could ever forget the necessity and benefits of restorative leisure.
    When too many things/people demand more from me than I can comfortably take on, I start dropping them. Sometimes I'll just throw my hands up and say "F*** it, i'm taking a time out."

I also often quote the airline warnings about how if the oxygen masks drop, put your own mask on before helping others with theirs. If you have a mask on, you are in shape to help others. If you are depleted of oxygen, you are no good to anyone (your kids/loved ones/etc) nor yourself.

What kind of work? Yard? House?
    We have both. I've been getting a jump start on what I can do in between rain showers.
    Frog pond, garden, and getting things ready to replace some siding on our house.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I don't think I could ever forget the necessity and benefits of restorative leisure.
    When too many things/people demand more from me than I can comfortably take on, I start dropping them. Sometimes I'll just throw my hands up and say "F*** it, i'm taking a time out."

I also often quote the airline warnings about how if the oxygen masks drop, put your own mask on before helping others with theirs. If you have a mask on, you are in shape to help others. If you are depleted of oxygen, you are no good to anyone (your kids/loved ones/etc) nor yourself.

What kind of work? Yard? House?
    We have both. I've been getting a jump start on what I can do in between rain showers.
    Frog pond, garden, and getting things ready to replace some siding on our house.
    I have to finish hanging drywall on a room I gutted last summer. I have to get it finished, so I can have the final electrical inspection, the polarity check. Then, the mudding, of course, which many people dislike, but I enjoy. Most men I talk to would rather hang the drywall and dread the joining and finishing, lol. But, I like to take my time to make the seams as unnoticeable as possible. Then the paint and moulding. Then I get to install a gas fireplace .

I also have to reside a section, replace some flooring that sags a little, and line the upstairs tub.

I would like to get some lawn work done too and prepare flower beds. I'll probably get more into gardening next year.

Honestly, there seems to be more work than I think I have time for

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, there seems to be more work than I think I have time for
    Isn't that typical?
    Yeah, that's quite a list you've got. But you'll have a nice comfy home for your family by winter.
    And your kids won't let you forget about them when they're off school all day.
    Just remember your oxygen mask.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dh and I today were talking the longest, longest time (with measuring tape) about the new enclosure we hope to start soon. We enter the hosue through a 3-season porch, currently with shelves (full, since we have no garage or shed - we hope to build a shed next year) and we want to convert it to an actual useful room. But we want SO MUCH out of this room: laundry (to get the washer out of the kitchen), and also also change the entry of the house to the front (its in the back now, and you have to walk all through the room to get to the inner door, making the room basically a walkway), and, maybe, if we extend it the 4 feet, yet another door to the back, as there would now be no back door, and we hope to have a patio there, then we want useable space. These extensions even if very modest and the permit required for not just enclosing it are goign to raise the price. So there is deciding how to expand it and how much that will cost for materials (Dh does the work except pouring new footings). We might have to forgo the orignal plan of adding a front porch. For that we have to cover the outdoor cellar-hatch doors with a trap door in the floor of the proposed porch, but first jackhammering the cement frame the metal doors are on to lower them. It would be so pretty to ahve that tiny front porch but I think there is too much involved in our ideas, and something has to give. Anyway, we brainstorm really well together, so that's nice. We will keep at it til we perfect it...