Page 120 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,800 of 6493

Thread: Delta Lounge

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    lol its all good, just taking it back a notch but still seeing eachother. got a lil carried away but the plan was to take it slow.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

+Fi is like aloe for a sunburnt heart

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a date! SLI and I are getting married April 21st, the day after Easter!

We finally met with my priest tonight. Dearest priest is definitely LSI, my conflictor. So, so different from me, so completely different. He is a man I have admired SO long! He is a "stalwart" man, and a giant of a man, in my eyes, and in the eyes of many others, too. Giant in person though not physicality - he is not at all tall! So stern and unyeilding but I love that about him. Behind the stern, a soft deeply faithful heart. I was just reading the LSI Gulenko description here, and the guy on that page has the SAME HAIR as Father. Only Father's is more rececding, and very black, against his fair Italian skin. But it sticks up and out, just like that, on its own. (He often makes wry jokes about his good looks).

And he said yes, April 21st is okay, we will make that work. I was sick with worry he would say no, after waiting so long, hoping it could be that day. Yesterday was the Feast of the Annunciation, and many prayers are answered yes on Mary's Feast days, so I asked her, as the worry that I would hear no was making me sick. That date is my (late) Dad's birthday, making that an extra special day. Dad was also SLI. Also its the day after Easter, the very first day available after Lent to marry, so its the soonest possible date for us (annulment came just before Lent and there are no Lent weddings).

...We need to get a license from the county tomorrow or Friday, asap, as they need around three weeks to process. So its cutting it close!

I feel so relieved! We have waited so long!

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it really so much to want to feel *better* after talking with someone rather than worse all the time? "Rhetorical" question of the evening.

In other sad news, my friend's horse died this morning. She got colic and they decided it was best to put her to sleep. That may not sound like much--animals die all the time, right--but this particular mare was quite the beautiful character. Those who knew her like to say she's about as close as you'll get to a unicorn this side of fairy tales. She was a natural teacher of youngsters (regardless of species), was liked so much by the local wildlife that deer would sometimes leave their young with her, and would prance around her field even though she was old and going blind.

My heart hurts so much for my friend, who loved her horse so dearly.

A photo I took a couple of years ago:

My friend posted this one today:

Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    We have a date! SLI and I are getting married April 21st, the day after Easter!

We finally met with my priest tonight. Dearest priest is definitely LSI, my conflictor. So, so different from me, so completely different. He is a man I have admired SO long! He is a "stalwart" man, and a giant of a man, in my eyes, and in the eyes of many others, too. Giant in person though not physicality - he is not at all tall! So stern and unyeilding but I love that about him. Behind the stern, a soft deeply faithful heart. I was just reading the LSI Gulenko description here, and the guy on that page has the SAME HAIR as Father. Only Father's is more rececding, and very black, against his fair Italian skin. But it sticks up and out, just like that, on its own. (He often makes wry jokes about his good looks).

And he said yes, April 21st is okay, we will make that work. I was sick with worry he would say no, after waiting so long, hoping it could be that day. Yesterday was the Feast of the Annunciation, and many prayers are answered yes on Mary's Feast days, so I asked her, as the worry that I would hear no was making me sick. That date is my (late) Dad's birthday, making that an extra special day. Dad was also SLI. Also its the day after Easter, the very first day available after Lent to marry, so its the soonest possible date for us (annulment came just before Lent and there are no Lent weddings).

...We need to get a license from the county tomorrow or Friday, asap, as they need around three weeks to process. So its cutting it close!

I feel so relieved! We have waited so long!
    Yay. Congratulations my dear friend
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spring is here, in this part of the world.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to continue cleaning my terrible terrible bedroom. Its a disaster. The door is shut all the time because I used to have cat allergies and may still, so cat can't go in there, so door is always shut. Out of sight out of mind! I have all these piles I have procrastinated attending to, that involve decision making.

When you are a single Mom something always has to go by the wayside, right? I do pretty well cooking and laundering and staying on top of most paperwork and keeping the rest of the house that everyone uses in order, and even sometime quite attractive and appealing. But I work, and I take care of Mom, and even with SLI here helping these past two months I still never get to my room. If SLI shared it with me then I would have incentive. But he camps on the couch and I retreat alone there at night. I only sleep and get ready for work there, and all that stuff intends, someday, to have its place, but somehow, someday never comes. But someday is here. In just over two weeks time we marry and honeymoon, and we both return here to share this bedroom, and I have to make room! And it needs to look nice!

Not only that, when we move to his place next summer, its a much smaller bedroom we will share for two vs. the one I have now which is even too big for two. I will have a smaller closet (I plan to utilize attic space for off-season clothes) and only one medium dresser instead of two large ones for myself. So I need to pare down my belongings by 60%! That's what I have decided for myself. Emptying one dresser for my SLI will help too. I don't want his/our house crowded with stuff, so I am not going to bring too much there; I need to live more simply. Must make decisions aobut how many white sweaters silk scarves and pajamas I actually need, etc.

I was at it late last night decision-making, and making steady progress, and it was exhausting but I am made a noticeable dent in the job so I made my goal of making sure I did not feel too overwhelmed to face it again today. So now I need to get back at it. Showered, dressed, made everyone brunch and cleaned up and read on 16t while I drank my coffee and now I need to make huge progress today.... I intend to have bags and bags of belongings for Goodwill...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Becca

Hi. Welcome. This is Delta hangout spot where you can share anything you want
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank u so much

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I am going to continue cleaning my terrible terrible bedroom. Its a disaster. The door is shut all the time because I used to have cat allergies and may still, so cat can't go in there, so door is always shut. Out of sight out of mind! I have all these piles I have procrastinated attending to, that involve decision making.

When you are a single Mom something always has to go by the wayside, right? I do pretty well cooking and laundering and staying on top of most paperwork and keeping the rest of the house that everyone uses in order, and even sometime quite attractive and appealing. But I work, and I take care of Mom, and even with SLI here helping these past two months I still never get to my room. If SLI shared it with me then I would have incentive. But he camps on the couch and I retreat alone there at night. I only sleep and get ready for work there, and all that stuff intends, someday, to have its place, but somehow, someday never comes. But someday is here. In just over two weeks time we marry and honeymoon, and we both return here to share this bedroom, and I have to make room! And it needs to look nice!

Not only that, when we move to his place next summer, its a much smaller bedroom we will share for two vs. the one I have now which is even too big for two. I will have a smaller closet (I plan to utilize attic space for off-season clothes) and only one medium dresser instead of two large ones for myself. So I need to pare down my belongings by 60%! That's what I have decided for myself. Emptying one dresser for my SLI will help too. I don't want his/our house crowded with stuff, so I am not going to bring too much there; I need to live more simply. Must make decisions aobut how many white sweaters silk scarves and pajamas I actually need, etc.

I was at it late last night decision-making, and making steady progress, and it was exhausting but I am made a noticeable dent in the job so I made my goal of making sure I did not feel too overwhelmed to face it again today. So now I need to get back at it. Showered, dressed, made everyone brunch and cleaned up and read on 16t while I drank my coffee and now I need to make huge progress today.... I intend to have bags and bags of belongings for Goodwill...
    Here's an unsolicited suggestion: Get an LSE to get after your butt to clean it up! Nevermind, it seems like you can get after your own butt
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Thank u so much
    you're welcome
    -

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to say what I love about ESTJs so much:
    1. Whenever I use Ne and go on and on about my "theories," they say ok and then talk about something. It calms me down and brings me back to reality; that there are more important things in life.
    2. They make so much Sense, like "everything has a place."
    3. They say what they think, and it will be so straightforward
    4. When I tell them I'm upset, they'll try to make make feel better and talk to me. And somehow everything they say instantly makes me feel better.
    5. They'll be open to talk to you no matter what, and they'll Listen when you explain what you feel.
    6. They'll say Really sweet things every once in a while and that will make you know 100% that they appreciate you

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realized something about EII and LSE.

While the EII seems to be very friendly and warm on the outside due to their Fi, on this inside they yearn for structure, the Te.
    The LSE is very structured and organized on the outside, yet on the inside yearns for Fi.

So who really values structure and organization, or relationships more?

I noticed another interesting thing.
    An SLE that I know, who of course uses Se, is often negligent in her work. I don't understand, isn't Se supposed to be something she values?
    Therefore, I wonder if first functions are really that important and valuable to each type.
    I know that I sometimes neglect my Fi, for example when I snap at people or just ignore them. My ESTj friend gets very upset when I do this; does this mean that she values Fi more than I do?
    I read somewhere that the types speak with different motives

I'm only wondering, is it possible that the more you have something, the less valuable it is to you?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that I sometimes neglect my Fi, for example when I snap at people or just ignore them. My ESTj friend gets very upset when I do this; does this mean that she values Fi more than I do?
    Why did you snap at or ignore these people?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Whenever I use Ne and go on and on about my "theories," they say ok and then talk about something. It calms me down and brings me back to reality; that there are more important things in life.
    4. When I tell them I'm upset, they'll try to make make feel better and talk to me. And somehow everything they say instantly makes me feel better.
    5. They'll be open to talk to you no matter what, and they'll Listen when you explain what you feel.
    6. They'll say Really sweet things every once in a while and that will make you know 100% that they appreciate you
    Well that's good. You must be around some LSEs who are healthy and fairly well adjusted.

I don't think "they" all do these things as per being LSE, but they do them as per being good people.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While the EII seems to be very friendly and warm on the outside due to their Fi, on this inside they yearn for structure, the Te.
    The LSE is very structured and organized on the outside, yet on the inside yearns for Fi.

I think that is an interesting way to think about duality, and also how duality helps represent psychological lopsidedness in humans in general.
    How people develop with these slanted perspectives, and whether they grow to take measures to deal with them - it leads to a lot of interesting ways of dealing with things.

An SLE that I know, who of course uses Se, is often negligent in her work. I don't understand, isn't Se supposed to be something she values?
    Being negligent in their work isn't related to being Se dominant or anything about socionics, really. How they appear to be lazy might come through the prism of their type, but by default no type is not "negligent" - you can find people who are not good workers or interested in giving effort towards something of any type.

Therefore, I wonder if first functions are really that important and valuable to each type.

I'm only wondering, is it possible that the more you have something, the less valuable it is to you?
    If you want to go into the theory, LSE might be sensitive to Fe-role, which could be about politeness. But I've been checked my times by delta NFs for being impolite.

I wouldn't take these instances as universal laws, and I'm hesitant to caution you that just because a type is a type doesnt' mean everyone acts the same way on a superficial level. Socionics is about why, not what is visible. The term 'function' is very important, because just like in math or calculus, you can change the input to get a different outcome. But the function is the process by which that outcome is reached. So don't pay too much attention to the outcome itself - be more concerned with how that outcome was reached.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I agree. I often get into such depressing moods because I get landlocked into a thought about something when in reality (when I'm not in reality but in my mind and emotions) I should be moving on or thinking about something else. The realist LSE will often say things like "what are you thinking about that for. He's not worth it. He used you." That was a recent example. I like how you bring in examples like I do whenever you mention something. That's how one comes to associate with things you think about and as woof (a forum member) pointed out this is Rational approach to the world, ie 'organization of "what is'"

I don't think that's ignoring your Fi, in snapping at people or ignoring them. Emotions are aside from functions. The rational Fi function, though it's related to the field of human interaction, it also has a lot to do with how emotions and ethics are processed and organized within the person. You're allowed to be human
    -

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Alright, so this is SLI-IEE duality? (0:30)

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post

All that talk of playfulness and having fun is very alpha. He is very talkative and twitchy, nothing like any of the IPs that I know who would be less at home in ths interview situation so I would tend to say Alpha EP for him.

I don't think they are duals because she seems more IJ than IP to me.

They speak of annoying each other with their playfulness, which would never happen in the 2 ILE/SEI dual relationships that I have observed. She spoke of respect being very important, which seems more delta than alpha (although you never know what kind of disrespectful situation she may have had in her previous relationship.) Obviously respect is important to everyone, I just thought it was interesting that it was the first thing that she wnted to say.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree it seems like ILE male EII woman.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, so this is SLI-IEE duality?
    They seem SLI/IEE Duals to me. And I am going to marry my SLI Dual on Easter Monday-- 6 days! We are headed to the town hall for license today in an hour. Last bit of formality to take care of.

Anyway, first, looks: these are younger versions of SLI and I, in a way... She looks like me sort of remotely, only - unless I am trying too hard to see a connection, which I did not see at first at all. But she does not seem a very extroverted Extrovert, and that is how we IEEs are - sort of mellow. [Coincidentally(?), I am right now wearing the same soft draping thin cotton light blue sweater over a white scoop neck tank with a tiny bit of detail at neck - pretty much exactly like what she has on.] He looks like my SLI only very remotely, but his expressions and countenance do very much remind me of him. and my SLI also wears comfortable clothes and that guy looks comfortably dressed. Normally I look a bit more put together or formal than him. As to her posture in the interview, that would be mine in an interview, leaned forward attentively into the conversation, for the whole conversation. Even if I am relaxed I will still have an attentive posture. And that would be my SLI, leaned back, in a comfortable position for himself. (Its seems I only get in a comfortable position if I am comfortably alone, or if I am with him).

What makes them most seem like our Duals is that they both speak of the comfort they feel together. Its just like that for us. And for me, like for her, its so unexpected and not what I had been used to in relationship. And just like with my SLI, I met him after a bad relationship and I was reluctant to get into a relationship, however, I felt very safe with him, just like she said of him. I thnk his showing interst but not beign too forward helped so much. Yes, I would be looking for a soulmate and my SLI is that for me, though SLI would never say he was looking for a soul mate! We, also, are so comfortable doing things together, and make a point to hike often, which is interesting she mentioned that in particular. (SLI and I usually know when we will hike next and have at least two planned on already for our honeymoon next week). But the provoking playfulness struck a cord with me. Its almost like we are so comfortable we might not notice each other for a bit, so we poke each other sometimes to say,"Hey, notice me" or, more normally maybe, do a silly thing to make the other laugh.

As to the respect @Iris mentioned, that is big with us. A big problem I had in the beginning with SLI was he was living with his adult SEE daughter and she was disrespectful to him, and I could see that effect on him and I was not happy. (It was not a good situation for either of them at that point and she is happier now that she is independent as it was past time for her). I just could not stand it. And our mutual respect is so important to me; I treasure it, and feel safe in it.

Its interesting that that interview seems to be Meyers-Briggs typing, and I have noticed that MBTI does not recommend what we call Duals for relationships in general from what I have seen...

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations, @Eliza Thomason ! You have been waiting a long time. I hope you will be very happy.
    Last edited by Iris; 04-16-2014 at 12:20 AM.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiio

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by severina View Post
    hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiio
    Welcome
    -

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imho the girl seems more EII than IEE, the guy may very well be LSI (and I'd definitely go for LSI>SLI for him).
    They pretty much described my relationship with my LSI best friend (female).
    When it comes to her (EII) - nothing in this video makes me think she's an extrovert. Also, the way she speaks and describes what's important to her, her past relationship, fears, etc. Plus, how she had to "adjust" to how they actively spend time together but likes it (overcoming her PoLR and finding fun in it).
    When it comes to him (LSI) - most of the things he mentiones as fun are pretty much related to activity and sports, he even mentions a few times how "in the moment" he is - both physically (sports) and psychologically (how she makes him think about the future more). That's Se in him. I don't see any reasons to translate his ISTP MBTI typing to socionics in an other way than LSI from this video at least (down to the way he's dressed, it's casual, but see the huge label in the front, it doesn't seem to be with the pressure on only being comfortable (Si), it's also about the label and image).

When they talk about each other it's like they admire each other (super-ego, also in the way they describe what they thought about each other when they were acquaintances) and while they annoy each other a bit, there's clearly affection there which makes them try and look at things from the other person's perspective and appreciate it as different from their own.
    All in all this seems like a nice relationship between two people who seem quite healthy, although socionicswise if they decide to go through life together they might theoretically have some trouble waiting ahead when they need to work through various obstacles. That's socionics though, not real life. (although admittedly as much as I love my LSI best friend, I wouldn't like to date her cause I see that we'd have trouble with those obstacles if we were to be life-partners instead of friends. My SLI friend is more grounded (and also fun in a way), but I can see that daily life with her would be easier, whereas leisure "fun" with LSI is, well, more fun )
    Last edited by aisa; 04-16-2014 at 10:24 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    imho the girl seems more EII than IEE, the guy may very well be LSI (and I'd definitely go for LSI>SLI for him).
    They pretty much described my relationship with my LSI best friend (female).
    When it comes to her (EII) - nothing in this video makes me think she's an extrovert. Also, the way she speaks and describes what's important to her, her past relationship, fears, etc. Plus, how she had to "adjust" to how they actively spend time together but likes it (overcoming her PoLR and finding fun in it).
    When it comes to him (LSI) most of the things he mentiones as fun are pretty much related to activity and sports, he even mentions a few times how "in the moment" he is - both physically (sports) and psychologically (how she makes him think about the future more). That's Se in him. I don't see any reasons to translate his ISTP MBTI typing to socionics in an other way than LSI from this video at least (down to the way he's dressed, it's casual, but see the huge label in the front, it doesn't seem to be with the pressure on only being comfortable (Si), it's also about the label and image).

When they talk about each other it's like they admire each other (super-ego, also in the way they describe what they thought about each other when they were acquaintances) and while they annoy each other a bit, there's clearly affection there which makes them try and look at things from the other person's perspective and appreciate it as different from their own.
    All in all this seems like a nice relationship between two people who seem quite healthy, although socionicswise if they decide to go through life together they might theoretically have some trouble waiting ahead when they need to work through various obstacles. That's socionics though, not real life. (although admittedly as much as I love my LSI best friend, I wouldn't like to date her cause I see that we'd have trouble with those obstacles if we were to be life-partners instead of friends. My SLI friend is more grounded (and also fun in a way), but I can see that daily life with her would be easier, whereas leisure "fun" with LSI is, well, more fun )
    After reading your post I questioned why i did not consider LSI for him. Ultimately, he focuses too much on alpha values. Everything involves the pursuit of fun, which is Alpha more than Beta. (Not saying Betas don't have fun, it is just less of a priority.) I also think he tended to dominate the interview and was a little more verbal than I would consider an LSI to be. Watching him, I got the same vibe I get when i am around my ILE brother and his talking gets to be too much for me. I don't think he could be my dual, but of course it is hard to tell from a short interview.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What do you think of her in this video? @aisa @Iris

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My primary thought is those 2 are not the same type! He seems much more Fe valuing.

She is Fi valuing. If she offends, it is probably because she is speaking her truth, and someone might not want to hear it. He refers to himself as provocative. Which I think of as different and possibly Fi polr. He seems more ILE to me, but definately EP temperament. He doesn't resonate much with a lot of her Fi answers.

Her eyes are almost "dead" looking. When she speaks of her enthusism, it is a huge contrast with her eyes, which never change throughout the interview. I really think her temperament is IJ. She speaks of using her enthusiasm to sustain her when she is really tired, which seems more Si mobilizing than Si suggestive. EIIs are much more likely to expend themselves than IEEs.
    Last edited by Iris; 04-16-2014 at 05:14 PM.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think she's EII too... she seems so introvert-positivist! When she talked about being comfortable getting to know people in bars, that struck me as really funny b/c I think most SEI's I know would deflect nicely or be polite and warm but not truly engage. Her energy is more self-contained than IEE.

ps- she seems so sweet and adorable.

He just seems vaguely distrusting of the stuff she says (and of other people) in this "I don't really believe what you're saying but I'm going to act polite" sort of way haha. It's like he doesn't buy it but it's because he can't actually see its value. So I believe ILE for him.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    I really think she's EII too... she seems so introvert-positivist! When she talked about being comfortable getting to know people in bars, that struck me as really funny b/c I think most SEI's I know would deflect nicely or be polite and warm but not truly engage. Her energy is more self-contained than IEE.

ps- she seems so sweet and adorable.

He just seems vaguely distrusting of the stuff she says (and of other people) in this "I don't really believe what you're saying but I'm going to act polite" sort of way haha. It's like he doesn't buy it but it's because he can't actually see its value. So I believe ILE for him.
    Yes to all of that. The interesting thing is that he views himself as Feeling. In my experience, ILEs can be very tenderhearted, but people tend not to think of them in that way.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People tend to not think of logical types as tenderhearted simply because they don't appear as such. On the other hand, some ethical types who appear very sweet and tender can turn out to be the most insensitive, cunning bastards. Don't judge a book by it's covers and all that jazz...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    People tend to not think of logical types as tenderhearted simply because they don't appear as such. On the other hand, some ethical types who appear very sweet and tender can turn out to be the most insensitive, cunning bastards. Don't judge a book by it's covers and all that jazz...
    I agree with that. Logical types can get emotionally manipulated quite easily at times because they just can't deal with the emotional angle as adeptly.

That isn't to say that ethical types can't be emotionally manipulated as well, but would more likely be able to deal with a situation like that with a bit more finesse and set emotional distance better, whereas a logical type might be more inclined to be blunt or bulldoze their way through.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    After reading your post I questioned why i did not consider LSI for him. Ultimately, he focuses too much on alpha values. Everything involves the pursuit of fun, which is Alpha more than Beta. (Not saying Betas don't have fun, it is just less of a priority.) I also think he tended to dominate the interview and was a little more verbal than I would consider an LSI to be. Watching him, I got the same vibe I get when i am around my ILE brother and his talking gets to be too much for me. I don't think he could be my dual, but of course it is hard to tell from a short interview.
    hmm the LSI I know is a very fun person, very active and in a conversation such as this - where it's supposed to be some "interview" or meeting with smn we both don't know too well - she would be the one dominating the conversation. It seems that in such situtations she sometimes "mobilizes" her charm. The fact that she's been through some customer service training probably only helps there.
    (EDIT: after watching the second vid posted here where the girl is being interviewed and the guy is talking from "behing the scenes" it seems quite clear that the interviewer is the guy's teacher and the girl doesn't really know the interviewer, thus the guy has some reasons to act the way he does - trying to impress the teacher and feeling more comfortable around him in general than the girl does, and also by being open trying to make her feel more comfortable and open.)

All in all, when I look at this vid, I see no reason to doubt his type, what plays a role here is that I also think that for someone to actually go to such let's call it youtube "show", and state his type, he'd have to feel pretty comfortable with the test results and type descriptions that he'd likely read by then. And given the functions I'd translate MBTI ISTP into socionics LSI for him. I've seen Se-creative (also ESI) act much more open than myself with strangers, especially those Se-users leading with the creative.

Of course, this is just a clip and I may be wrong.
    I can't exclude ILE typing for him in my head, cause you obviously see him from a different perspective than I do. But I just don't see any reason to doubt his self-typing, either. It works for me.
    Last edited by aisa; 04-17-2014 at 08:02 AM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she's EII. She's a bit more open in this video, because she's expected to be the one speaking. But the way she speaks and what she speaks convinces me even more. Imho she's EII.

When it comes to the interviewer - I agree that they're not the same type. But I'm not sure that I'd go as far to saying he's ILE. IEEs judge people much less than EIIs (especially young ones) do and the moments where he was getting a bit uncomfortable were probably the moments where he wouldn't be as "strict" (for a lack of a better word) as her.

But when you look at Fi- leading (i.e. EII) compared to Fi-creative (i.e. IEE) - I believe this could play out like this...

Fi as Leading Function

The individual sees reality primarily through static personal ethics and stable interpersonal bonds between individuals, including himself, where the status of such interpersonal bonds is determined by his personal ethics. The individual is very confident in evaluating the ethical or moral qualities, and their consistency, of other people. This makes the individual seem "judgemental" or "self-righteous" to people less so inclined. If he has difficulty in deciding the status of a personal relationship, he will take action to try to reach a conclusion but if that continues to elude him, he will regard the relationship as not worth it. His own sense of constancy in personal ethics and in his relationships with others is a very strong factor in his sense of self-worth. Fi in this position implies the ability to almost instantly recognize whether someone is a friend or an enemy, whether they are demonstrating good will or ill will, and whether they are drawn to or repelled by the individual.
    source: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/i...on_elements/Fi

opposed to

Fi as Creative Function

The individual is very adept at perceiving, establishing, and maintaining personal bonds between people. However, these bonds are often perceived as being situational and flexible rather than static. The individual is inclined to focus on establishing personal bonds with other people in the context of realizing or following perceptions from his base function. The person easily creates a sense of closeness and kinship between people by expressing like and acceptance, but these sentiments are situational rather than an expression of permanent feelings. If the person's mood or external situation changes, he or she may "turn off" the feelings instantly, even forgetting whom they had created the feeling of kinship with.
    source: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/i...on_elements/Fi

TIM
    EIE - Fe / E3 sp/so
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post

That isn't to say that ethical types can't be emotionally manipulated as well, but would more likely be able to deal with a situation like that with a bit more finesse and set emotional
    distance better

Anyone can be conned, swindled, emotionally manipulated, hoodwinked, mentally controlled, etc. etc. One way is to establish a sense of camraderie and trust and get to know the person's weak spot; what they desperately want and need to be and prove to themselves and others. If a person doesn't know his or her own weak spot (ego defenses) then he/she is ripe for being manipulated. And I think we can all fall victim to that since most of us aren't going around all that bright eyed busy-tailed aware most of the time.

I've been conned big time and I'm an Fe. It's indescribably painful to go through being deceived on a really intimate level and something if it happens to you, changes you forever and you'll never forget. That's why it's so completely human and can happen to us all. I think where it varies is in how we each vary in our own personal way.

Looking at this as a dichotomy line between F/T information is grossly simplifying and not even the relevant factor, as far as I can tell. A person can potentially be undermined either or both ethically (emotionally) and logically (headf---ed).
    Last edited by gabrielle; 04-17-2014 at 08:07 AM. Reason: paragraph break
    "Moral crusaders with zeal but no ethical understanding are likely to give us solutions that are worse than the problems."
    Charles Colson, How Now Shall We Live?

Fe - EIE Harmonizing 3w2
    Married to my dual LSI
    1w9

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielle View Post
    Anyone can be conned, swindled, emotionally manipulated, hoodwinked, mentally controlled, etc. etc. One way is to establish a sense of camraderie and trust and get to know the person's weak spot; what they desperately want and need to be and prove to themselves and others. If a person doesn't know his or her own weak spot (ego defenses) then he/she is ripe for being manipulated. And I think we can all fall victim to that since most of us aren't going around all that bright eyed busy-tailed aware most of the time.

I've been conned big time and I'm an Fe. It's indescribably painful to go through being deceived on a really intimate level and something if it happens to you, changes you forever and you'll never forget. That's why it's so completely human and can happen to us all. I think where it varies is in how we each vary in our own personal way.

Looking at this as a dichotomy line between F/T information is grossly simplifying and not even the relevant factor, as far as I can tell. A person can potentially be undermined either or both ethically (emotionally) and logically (headf---ed).
    You do realise that not only do you agree with me, you also specifically quoted the part of my post where I made a disclaimer that I wasn't speaking in absolutes, right?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good afternoon, Narc. It's 2 A.M. in the westernmost parts of Canada, 6 A.M. at the other end. Gabrielle's tired. I agree with what you said in post #4848 of this thread.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    I agree with that. Logical types can get emotionally manipulated quite easily at times because they just can't deal with the emotional angle as adeptly.

That isn't to say that ethical types can't be emotionally manipulated as well, but would more likely be able to deal with a situation like that with a bit more finesse and set emotional distance better, whereas a logical type might be more inclined to be blunt or bulldoze their way through.
    eh. i wonder if ethical types are more susceptible to certain things like gaslighting and more mental headtrips then. and following their hearts too much over their heads. i dont know that logical types are necessarily worse at dealing with it.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    And given the functions I'd translate MBTI ISTP into socionics LSI for him.
    *ESI who is neither ISFP nor INFP raises an eyebrow at this*
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EIE - Fe / E3 sp/so
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Narc,

My post was meant as an addition to and personal fine-tuning of the topic, rather than to voice disagreement. I guess it was implied and not made explicit. So, YES. We do pretty much see things the same way. I quoted you, and that section partly for that reason. But, mostly I quoted you to highlight specifically what I was addressing in this thread. I hope that clears things up.
    "Moral crusaders with zeal but no ethical understanding are likely to give us solutions that are worse than the problems."
    Charles Colson, How Now Shall We Live?

Fe - EIE Harmonizing 3w2
    Married to my dual LSI
    1w9