Page 110 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,400 of 6489

Thread: Delta Lounge

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Burned to the ground. No idea, actually.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    What happened to the Personality Nation forum? Anyone know?
    It started impersonating this forum, but was all too good at it and became one gigantic database error.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disappointing.

What's new at this place?

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Disappointing.

What's new at this place?
    You hit refresh and the forum shows when you get a database error.
    You don't have to deal with Limit who keeps adding junk to everything, instead you deal with hkkmr who is more absentee.
    The community is more aggressive and independent; and yet larger.
    Other than that there is no difference.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    You hit refresh and the forum shows when you get a database error.
    You don't have to deal with Limit who keeps adding junk to everything, instead you deal with hkkmr who is more absentee.
    The community is more aggressive and independent; and yet larger.
    Other than that there is no difference.
    The forum showed a database error 4 years ago as well, hkkmr said he is busy and the "community" has been this way for a really long time, all you do is keep distance to it, and it is fine.

I'm concerned for you Jim, I don't want you to die on socionics forum.
    Last edited by Absurd; 11-24-2012 at 12:37 PM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's the rant thread when you need it?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Where's the rant thread when you need it?
    Right here. Go ahead. Spill your guts. Merry Christmas.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minde, your avatar is adorable.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. I wonder what Bunter got for christmas.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My cousin and I went to the movies tonight; we had been talking about it for a few weeks now, but haven't been because of the holidays; we originally wanted to see Les Miserable, but we arrived at the showing too late and instead watched Django Unchained...it's bloody and messy, but toned down with comedy and funky theme music. I had to go to the restroom during one scene and looked at my cousin who kept eeking and slipping sly laughs and smiles at me to ease me, relax me, check on my emotions and state of comfort and remind me that it's only a movie.

I love her.

We also had a very interesting conversation about my other cousin's wife and my cousin who were friends in JR high and HS, but fell out of friendship; we ended up typing her SLI finally.

During our conversation, I asked her what it is about me that all three of them are "attracted to" and she slipped another smile, almost joking and teasing, "what do you mean by attraction, are you saying we should all date you LOL." LOL. She said the reason was that I was calming, not into drama, I'm honest and don't lie in the sake of exaggeration or a feeling of trying to get attention. I asked what an example of that exaggerated lying is she said that a certain person she knows constantly begs for attention from her, complaining that she has no money, can't fix her life, can't lose weight, woe is me me me. This person isn't at all receptive to identifying the problem and fixing her life, which my LSE cousin says is pointless and unproductive. I told her that this friend just wants to use her as a vessel for her troubles and paranoia; she said "I don't want that; I don't like drama; I want her to come to me when she's ready to follow my instructions and my advice, otherwise I don't want to listen to it any more. Why can't things just resolve, solve itself, or why can't she do the first thing first and maybe other things will fall in line?" I told her that sometimes people think they don't have the resolve but that they do and they just need to hear themselves speak; she said "I don't want to hear it then because that's not how I do things; my methods are like this and if you don't want my help than don't act like you can tell me and you're so interested in listening to what I have to say to you." I help her understand the nuances, the intricate parts of other people's relationships and why they approach life, problems, the world around them and help my cousin formulate a plan where she can keep good relations, not get tired of people, approach other people's problems in a way where it won't frustrate her and sap her energy.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-05-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You delta mother fuckers sure love to talk about nothing/yourselves.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post

Motherfuckers be on this site. There be cannibals.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Right here. Go ahead. Spill your guts. Merry Christmas.
    I was/am just frustrated with certain people in my life. I'm trying to help and use my experiences and skills, but they're getting fixated on things that don't matter and it's starting to drive all concerned a little crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Minde, your avatar is adorable.
    Thanks.

If you look closely, he has a mildly traumatized look on his face. That's because as I was leaning back to get a better shot I accidentally bumped the vacuum cleaner, which I had a few minutes before been using to clean up the bits and pieces left by the decorating and wrapping. He gets scared of (among other things) vacuum cleaners, big boxes, and large pieces of wrapping paper, all of which he'd been surrounded by and tolerated all day. He didn't run away from the picture, though, and stayed like a good little dog until I was done and released him.

Yup. I wonder what Bunter got for christmas.
    I was a "mean" pet owner and didn't get him anything, though I did decorate him with a special red Christmas collar this last month. And he got to "help" me with the festivities, and he did probably get some extra cuddles, which is always a plus in his book.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Well, that's the point of the thread. We come in and talk about whatever's on our mind; it doesn't have to be anything that others would consider grand. It may have been UDP who referred to the thread as a giant blog.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    Maritsa suffers from a perceptual disturbance (called "socionics") which causes her to think of a normal, yet nice guy as the the most perfect match for her. That's why she believes that simple acts of kindess are the unambiguous sign of their duality, since she needs "Te" so bad. (Hey, he even said "make things work" and remembers things, Te all over the place!!)

Jadae could have done virtually everything, like, kick a puppy and enjoy it, Maritsa would have interpreted it as voodoo dual shit.
    LoL,

I don't know why I skipped over this; but, to clarify things, I've run into some nasty duals and I didn't have rosy view of duality before, except to what applied to the dual I grew up with and love. I was the most cautious person in the pursuit of a dual relationship.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It may have been UDP who referred to the thread as a giant blog.
    Hmm, his diary got a bit roughed up.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also having some issues with my poetry teacher. There's a difference between telling me how to improve and expecting me to conform to her personal tastes, and she is requiring the latter of me. I wrote a poem about how I dislike the weather in this state (it changes so much). The poem was short and pulled out of my ass, so I can see how she'd be unsatisfied with it. However, she didn't ask for more detail or concrete imagery; she told me to use inconsistent weather as a metaphor to discuss something else, and how it wasn't enough on its own to support a poem. Um, no. It can be poetry; it's just not compatible with her idea of what poetry should be. And this isn't the first time something like this has happened. I prefer to write light, whimsical, or ironic poetry. I don't give a damn about conforming to rules made up by stuffy old men sitting in a musty room, nor do I care to conform to the stylistic taste of a teacher when it doesn't match my own. I don't want a bad grade in the class, but the idea of changing just to score points with her is physically repulsive to me.
    Hahahaha. I've taught poetry to undergrads, and I've definitely done this to my students.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I didn't know SEI people can read poetry.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

"I don't like it when someone says they don't have time for me... tell me we can talk at another time, but saying you don't have time for me makes me feel like I'm not important; you don't have to do things for me; I'm happy doing thing for you and for us; the greatest thing for me is giving me your time so I can talk about my problems with you; talking to you helps me come to solutions."

OMG
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So a night ago, at my cousin's watching the Golden Globes...

I run into the kitchen and standby my cousin, quietly not a mouse stirring; she turns around to arrange and order the the things that will happen; her menu is making our own pizza and two salads; she looks at me and says "this is what we're making; do these things for me..."

I start working.

^ I just wanted an excuse to use that emoticon
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

One other post before I call it a night...

I have broken up with a man who refused to try to make a relationship work with his family. Yeah! I can be like this. That's how I role. To me it's important that the person I'm with loves people, friends, family.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    I have broken up with a man who refused to try to make a relationship work with his family. Yeah! I can be like this. That's how I role. To me it's important that the person I'm with loves people, friends, family.
    Was he LSE?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Was he LSE?
    No. He was a jerk type; new category of type.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your Fi is malfunctioning.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if his family members were a bunch of idiots? Would that guy still be required to have good relations with them?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if his family members were a bunch of idiots? Would that guy still be required to have good relations with them?
    Agreed. At the lowest level, family members are blood ties; that's all. Ideally, you'll also have a close emotional and relational connection, but there are so many issues that can affect or prevent that connection, and such issues may not be easily fixable.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They were not, but if they were than I would understand.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

On the same note, it's so strange to me that while I rarely get truly excited about things that a simple gesture of "do you want to meet xyz family member, friend, acquaintance?" get's an almost instantaneous reaction from me and it's "YES!"
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Agreed. At the lowest level, family members are blood ties; that's all. Ideally, you'll also have a close emotional and relational connection, but there are so many issues that can affect or prevent that connection, and such issues may not be easily fixable.
    Fi minus
    -

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi minus
    You do realize that your assessment of my type means nothing to me? Even if you did get it right (which you didn't), it'd be no different than haphazardly chucking darts at a target and occasionally making a bullseye.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You do realize that your assessment of my type means nothing to me? Even if you did get it right (which you didn't), it'd be no different than haphazardly chucking darts at a target and occasionally making a bullseye.
    Time will tell.
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my youngest brother is an Alpha, possibly INTj. In any case, he appears to value Fe more than my mother, and that occasionally leads to enlightening conversations on their part. My mother can be brusque, conveying her thoughts, wishes and feelings without much "softening." She also can be somewhat reactive. My sister (ENFp) and I usually can handle it fine when it's just us, but I can tell it bothers my youngest brother. He might be E9, too, because he usually shuts down and quietly retreats when there's confrontation, and it gets bottled up inside him.

The other night he and my mother had a difference of opinion and he started to say something then decided not to and did his normal shutting down and withdrawal. My mother didn't even notice and went right on with what she was doing, but my father encouraged my brother to say what he was thinking. He protested a little, saying, "I don't think she'll understand" but tried anyway. I only overheard bits, but from what I can tell he tried to say that it wasn't so much what she was saying but how she was saying it, and that she should have a nicer tone of voice and use more pleasant words and not raise her voice, etc. He was right and she didn't get it, haha. She said something like, "Ok, if I'm not supposed to say what I did, what should I say or do instead?" He walked through what he'd prefer and the content was basically the same except at the end he included a polite request for alternative input ("Here's what I want, but do you have other ideas?"). She caught onto that part, but missed the tone of voice and overall demeanor part of it.

At least my brother practiced opening up about his feelings and wants and they did get some communicating accomplished, even if it wasn't perfect. (Three cheers for my father's mediating abilities.)

Also interestingly, my other brother, who I believe might be ISTj (though there are other NTR factors that muddle typing) doesn't have the same problem with my mother's brusque manners. However, the two of them conflict much more than her and my youngest brother.

In other news: I got a Kindle for Christmas and love it. My productivity has suffered a little bit, though... It's just way too easy to get sucked into another world.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't you suggest they take private socionics lessons and life coaching from Maritsa?

I seem to have no problem expressing my sarcasm, thanks to Maritsa.

Nah, just kidding; I'm just evil.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't you suggest they take private socionics lessons and life coaching from Maritsa?

I seem to have no problem expressing my sarcasm, thanks to Maritsa.

Nah, just kidding; I'm just evil.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LOL if she could type people correctly maybe she can do the job herself.
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

One of the best aspects of an LSE is their ability to listen and have high emotional sensitivity to others. They only lose their temper very briefly...like a passing wind, when you don't listen to what they tell you to do.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LOL if she could type people correctly maybe she can do the job herself.
    Don't tell me Minde typed you SEE.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by wacey; 02-15-2013 at 06:07 PM.