Thread: Extroverts/Introverts: interaction, lengthy conversations

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    is creating stories in her head over and over and over again.
    NO, sure they CAN do this, but it's more about apprehending reality beyond the five senses. doesn't have to create stories, it can see reality quite well, it just sees what's behind it, beneath it, what the real story is.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    I disagree with this observation as well. I know plenty of extroverts that can lounge around the house and have no ambition to get out and do something. What's with all these stereotypes? People of any type might want to be homebodies; their are so many other factors to consider. For me, I hate going out where I live because their isn't much offered around here unless you are really into sports and drinking beer. For that reason, I tend to stay at home and do research on things I appreciate. Just because you are an extrovert doesn't mean you're running around town trying to meet new people any chance you can get.
    I agree with this. When I'm home alone, I'll often get all veggie and do nothing. But when anyone is around at all, I usually think of fun things to do and want to do them. But sometimes getting ready and going out is too much work and I get burnt out too. I also reflect on things, and sometimes will think everything through for hours. I do that pretty often for an extrovert, but still probably a lot less than an introvert.

And my sister is ENFj and she used to spend days reading literature novels in her room and would barely come out. Though eventually she'd want to discuss them w/ her Beta friends and then she'd get all social again.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not just a song that gets stuck is the of the song...you probably memorize the tunes of the song...remember I types you as either SEE or SEI? So if you are SEI then it's the feeling of the Song that gives you-Ne's can't memorize songs very well and even when they do it quickly leaves their memory bank once the use of the song departs.
    Oh my god, what part of our discussion do you not understand? I have no use for , I have never been attracted to it in others. I need to motivate me and get me over my processes that hold me back from seizing opportunities. I have talked to other betas on here over the phone and the sense of camaraderie is uncanny as opposed to anyone from another quadra. The idea that I have or in my ego is hilarious, though I wouldn't mind it at times.
    Please do some more research before you spew your distorted theories around here. Please have a talk with Juju, maybe you two can come up with your own ideas together and start a following where people might take you seriously.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your sister is an E; because she is doing something or sleeping; or going out and sleeping...you however are an I because E activities "burn you out". E's get tired and sleep or launge around and do something...I's burn out.
    can you please tell me how this correlates to socionics or function usage

are you aware that this isn't an MBTI forum?
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting to think you're a joke account
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your sister is an E; because she is doing something or sleeping; or going out and sleeping...you however are an I because E activities "burn you out". E's get tired and sleep or launge around and do something...I's burn out.
    A "burn out" can happen to anyone. Have you considered that in this economy and the amount of people in this world who are barely conscious can make anyone miserable and want to hide from others. My thoughts on this matter are that you see things in black and white, if someone wants to lounge around and not be bothered then they must be an introvert, what a bunch of rubbish.
    I take it you don't believe in subtypes? Plenty of introverted j subs can come across as clear extroverts until you read into their intricacies.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how does what you said relate at all to what you were talking about?

it looks like you're just pulling things out of your ass.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you slightly mentally challenged or autistic? Either way, I think you possess a fair amount of both.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more and more stereotypes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is starting to make me lol
    Feels gewd to be an ISTp

TIM
    IEE 7w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    This is something that has continuously puzzled me and I wanted to get some feedback from Extroverts on how they feel about this subject.

I have an aquaintence I see every now and then. No sexual feelings whatsoever, it's purely a friendship thing. We'll see each other in passing and what was supposed to be a 5 minute conversation will turn into a four hour conversation with him doing 95% of the talking. It's not a bad thing and normally I'd never willingly converse with someone for such an extended period of time without wanting to bash my head in, but it just clicks and I even welcome it. Now, here's my question...I don't really do much talking and perceive myself to be even slightly boring but when he leaves, he'll text me and say i'm the most fun person he's ever been around and how much he loves hanging out with me. I'm always taken back when he tells me these things because all I do is lend him an ear and he raves about me like I'm the most amazing person in the world. It's flattering but strange...is it really that hard to find someone who'll listen to you? It's not 'boring' for the extrovert to do all the talking?

I guess this could go into General Discussion but being as IEE's are my dual, I'd like to get their input on the subject.
    it is SO nice for me to have somebody who actually listens to what i have to say. i speak from my heart and i love it when someone is very interested. i get so engulfed in my subject or thought that i can't help but go through twists and turns jumping from subject to subject that totally connects in my own mind, but may seem conpletely disconnected to others.
    i love it when someone just goes along w/ the ride and actually likes the mind roller coaster trips that i take them on. it makes me feel very comfortable and close to them when i get a chance to just freely speak from my heart.

people that make me feel this way are NOT boring at all. i absolutely love love love them and they make me so happy! when people make me feel this way, i can't help but have a warm place in my heart for them
    ENFp. yay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12