Thread: Tcaud\\'s Dual-typing thread

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I was alluding to how little we know about dimensionality.
    glad it's not just me then :-p
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've figured out something new about the dual-type functions: you have exagerrated confidence in your fifth EM function. Tell me your personal conceit, and I may be able to tell you your dual-type with that.

For example:
    • ILI EM types believe they have irresistible charm.
    • IEI EM types believe themselves capable of overcoming anyone
    • EII EM types believe themselves capable of bringing order to any situation
    • ESI EM types believe themselves capable of obtaining anything
    • SLI EM types believe their potential is unlimited
    • LIE EM types believe themselves impeccably fair-minded

Essentially, the 5th EM function is your means of self-reassurance that whatever you are facing, you can make it through.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[*]IEI EM types believe themselves capable of overcoming anyone

Essentially, the 5th EM function is your means of self-reassurance that whatever you are facing, you can make it through.
    I don't know if this applies AT ALL but it reminded me of the dreams I used to have repeatedly as a kid--that there was a mean witch trying to trick me and I knew that all I needed to do was charm her into believing I'm on her side and that I don't suspect she's against me after all and that she has all the power when really I know what she's up to.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That depends... do you believe yourself truly capable of such charm?

Another thing: ILI EM has Te as the creative function, focusing the individual on financial opportunity. IEI-ILI is always asking themselves how they feel about what they have, what they have lost, etc.

By the way, it's worth discussing the rationale for using charm: it's a means of getting out of trouble for participating in activities of questionable ethic. That wouldn't be anything like you, would it?

The purpose of IEI-ILI for engaging in questionable ethic is to obtain the relationships that they desire. Having these relationships is very important to IEIs, and ILI variants of the type are particularly willing to get in ethical hot-water to have them, because after all, they have nothing but to charm whoever they have pissed off to cool things down -- and they will invariably succeed on THAT item.

The mean witch is your shadow, although at this time I can't give additional details.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 12-27-2009 at 10:51 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That depends... do you believe yourself truly capable of such charm?
    yes!
    Another thing: ILI EM has Te as the creative function, focusing the individual on financial opportunity. IEI-ILI is always asking themselves how they feel about what they have, what they have lost, etc.
    no, that's not me at all. I prefer to ignore financial anything.
    By the way, it's worth discussing the rationale for using charm: it's a means of getting out of trouble for participating in activities of questionable ethic. That wouldn't be anything like you, would it?

The purpose of IEI-ILI for engaging in questionable ethic is to obtain the relationships that they desire. Having these relationships is very important to IEIs, and ILI variants of the type are particularly willing to get in ethical hot-water to have them, because after all, they have nothing but to charm whoever they have pissed off to cool things down -- and they will invariably succeed on THAT item.

The mean witch is your shadow, although at this time I can't give additional details.
    interesting! the above seems true I think. Last time I ventured a guess as to my dual type, I thought I was IEI-IEE. What do you think of that, given the way I answered the first set of questions in this thread?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think you can charm anyone?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think you can charm anyone?
    because I do all the time. I mean it's not charming them in the sense of tricking them, only in the sense of making them feel good about me, making them like me. People like me. Even LSEs. I think it's because I listen to people and make them feel important. ? But it's not like it's disingenuous. I actually do like people so I don't know if that counts as charm or not. But say I know I did something wrong or questionable. I just ignore it, pretend it never happened, and be really nice until the mishap is forgotten and 99.9% of the time, I'm forgiven without even saying I'm sorry.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@redbaron:
    What issues move you the most?
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 12-28-2009 at 02:01 AM.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tcaud, do you have an opinion on my dual-type?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    tcaud, do you have an opinion on my dual-type?
    I may be able to do it with the answer to the following question. (depending on how well you interpret what I'm asking for).

When people criticize you for feeling a certain way about something, what element do you most rely on in your defense?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@redbaron:
    How do you respond to criticism that you are overly aggressive? Which element do you rely on most for this purpose?

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may be able to do it with the answer to the following question. (depending on how well you interpret what I'm asking for).

When people criticize you for feeling a certain way about something, what element do you most rely on in your defense?

first , because I am carefree and I am confident that my logic will carry me

second , because I value intelligence and I use subconsciously as a reference map of the opponent's weaknesses

third , because and did not get the point across

lastly , which I would not want to adjust otherwise

if I believe myself to be wrong or just don't care I would use unvalued functions as convenience (reasonability/seriousness) dictates

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@redbaron:
    How do you respond to criticism that you are overly aggressive? Which element do you rely on most for this purpose?
    overly aggressive? It's rare. Well, when I was little I would argue with my parents and they would kind of jokingly tell me that I should grow up to be a lawyer. But that's about as aggressive as I've ever gotten. I don't respond to criticism at all I guess. I just roll my eyes? I dunno! If people criticize me for being overly aggressive then they don't understand me because if I actually AM aggressive, there must be a really good reason for it. I don't know what element that would be.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@redbaron:
    What issues move you the most?
    Issues? Personal issues over social or political issues for sure. I find it very hard to feel invested in any particular issue that doesn't affect me directly. (ouch, that sounds really bad...)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Issues? Personal issues over social or political issues for sure. I find it very hard to feel invested in any particular issue that doesn't affect me directly. (ouch, that sounds really bad...)
    No, It's fine. Actually reflects the majority position, according to opinion studies.

What gives you the most emotional stimulation?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huitz, let me rephrase my question. Assuming you have been criticized for say, hating someone or something, what is your fallback to endure the criticism? How do you personally respond when it seems that people hate you?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, It's fine. Actually reflects the majority position, according to opinion studies.
    great, so I'm like all the other self-involved Americans out there.

What gives you the most emotional stimulation?
    relationship drama and new sensory experiences.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great, so I'm like all the other self-involved Americans out there.

relationship drama and new sensory experiences.
    Do you find that you think disproportionately about the ethical choices people are faced with? Do you find yourself particularly excited (in the most technical sense) by situations which involve inequality, or accusations of inequality?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you find that you think disproportionately about the ethical choices people are faced with? Do you find yourself particularly excited (in the most technical sense) by situations which involve inequality, or accusations of inequality?
    no.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By relationship drama, are you saying that you reflect on how you feel about specific relationship opportunities, or how things are working out between you and another person? Is it a matter of how you feel about how helpful they are? (or aren't?)

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huitz, let me rephrase my question. Assuming you have been criticized for say, hating someone or something, what is your fallback to endure the criticism? How do you personally respond when it seems that people hate you?
    People hate me because I am an obstinate & carefree declaring optimist and when this happens I become an autocratic process tactical emotivist; I could care less (as a carefree decisive) what someone intuits about me or thinks they know about me, I am extremely stubborn and always have been (obstinate is my #1 trait)...I guess you could say my judgments are too subjective and decisive, but that would be true of all Betas; I mainly conflict with IEEs because they act like they know eveything and get everyone, but sometimes I bash heads with SLIs because our interests are just so different (artisan vs inspector)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By relationship drama, are you saying that you reflect on how you feel about specific relationship opportunities, or how things are working out between you and another person? Is it a matter of how you feel about how helpful they are? (or aren't?)
    For instance if I go to a party and I find myself in an amazing conversation with someone I totally click with, it might put me in a good mood for days, thinking about the potential of the friendship or maybe just the things the person said. My radar is always up for interactions like that. Conversely, if someone I previously felt close to is suddenly cold towards me, I might spend the next several days feeling down about that or at the very least allowing those thoughts to affect my emotions.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that does it then. Redbaron, your EM type is most likely LSE.

Do you take a lot of interest in LSEs?

Huitz: Seems like you can explain any reason a person might hate you. This gives me something to go on. Do you always find yourself grasping for understanding of why people choose the ideologies they do?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that does it then. Redbaron, your EM type is most likely LSE.

Do you take a lot of interest in LSEs?
    Wow! well, I only know about three of them. One happens to be my uncle although I rarely see him. He's OCD but pretty fun to talk to (let me rephrase that--he talks a blue streak and he's interesting to listen to). Another one is a female casual acquaintance/friend and the third is a male friend who's my dad's age. We get along great actually but I think it's because we have some interests in common. There is a female LSE I know who really rubs me the wrong way. I try to avoid her. Really though, I generally try to let individuals and my opinions of them stand on their own and not let typing get in the way too much. So no, I don't take a lot of interest in them. but when they enter my life I don't avoid them either unless they're just intolerable. Very few people are intolerable, imo.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huitz: Seems like you can explain any reason a person might hate you. This gives me something to go on. Do you always find yourself grasping for understanding of why people choose the ideologies they do?
    No...if I don't understand or deduce the basis then I don't reason that it might be correct as most people who confront me are full of crap, this has been my fatal flaw in higher level math and physics courses; if I do understand it I have a pretty good chance of tearing it apart with the reasons that are already available to me due to the sheer magnitude of logic in my thought (aka rationalizing / manipulation); I only reason when there is an anomaly in my logic that I find interesting or fruitful.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! well, I only know about three of them. One happens to be my uncle although I rarely see him. He's OCD but pretty fun to talk to (let me rephrase that--he talks a blue streak and he's interesting to listen to). Another one is a female casual acquaintance/friend and the third is a male friend who's my dad's age. We get along great actually but I think it's because we have some interests in common. There is a female LSE I know who really rubs me the wrong way. I try to avoid her. Really though, I generally try to let individuals and my opinions of them stand on their own and not let typing get in the way too much. So no, I don't take a lot of interest in them. but when they enter my life I don't avoid them either unless they're just intolerable. Very few people are intolerable, imo.
    What is your occupation? What do you think you would be good at?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your occupation? What do you think you would be good at?
    artist (photography and fiber arts). I've also been told I'm a great writer although I've never done it for profit. I'd probably be a good graphic designer. I'm also pretty good at selling something I believe in because people like me. But the problem is finding something I can get really excited about.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

artist (photography and fiber arts). I've also been told I'm a great writer although I've never done it for profit. I'd probably be a good graphic designer. I'm also pretty good at selling something I believe in because people like me. But the problem is finding something I can get really excited about.
    Do you particularly enjoy ecological scenery, where you can see one process feeding into another? How does that make you feel? Do you enjoy seeing people help each other?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you particularly enjoy ecological scenery, where you can see one process feeding into another? How does that make you feel?
    yes, actually I think I do. It makes me feel like I'm part of something continuous, much larger than myself and my days on earth.
    Do you enjoy seeing people help each other?
    not particularly.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, actually I think I do. It makes me feel like I'm part of something continuous, much larger than myself and my days on earth.

not particularly.
    Have you considered medicine as a career field?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you considered medicine as a career field?
    No. Although I find science fascinating, I feel my attention span is too short to make a career out of it and all those classes and the debt load... ugh, no thanks. Plus I would miss being my dreamy self. It would require too much focus I'm afraid. (although I do know a female IEI doctor just down the street)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So do you have an opinion on my dual-type? I was thinking ISTj-ENTj...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    So do you have an opinion on my dual-type? I was thinking ISTj-ENTj...
    That depends? Are you good at math? Because all ENTj EM types enjoy math... anything working with numbers.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That depends? Are you good at math? Because all ENTj EM types enjoy math... anything working with numbers.
    If that's the case, then I'm ENTj EM. It's not the numerical aspects that I enjoy, but the abstract and logical nature of mathematics - especially geometry. There is even something beautiful to me about the visual nature of things like "surfaces", "spaces", and "manifolds." (I like certain areas of physics for the very same reason...)

Jason

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    If that's the case, then I'm ENTj EM. It's not the numerical aspects that I enjoy, but the abstract and logical nature of mathematics - especially geometry. There is even something beautiful to me about the visual nature of things like "surfaces", "spaces", and "manifolds." (I like certain areas of physics for the very same reason...)

Jason
    I believe thehotelambush and Carla are both exemplars of the type.

Creepy-male

I identify with this. Numbers kind of rule my world.

EDIT

Though it's interesting, I think I have dyscalculia based on how difficult I find mental arithmetic and numerical manipulation.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    I identify with this. Numbers kind of rule my world.

EDIT

Though it's interesting, I think I have dyscalculia based on how difficult I find mental arithmetic and numerical manipulation.
    I looked up dyscalculia. Although people with strong Fe(N) EM do indeed lack "number sense", it can well be said that people who have number sense lack emotivity, let alone a sense of concrete meaning. Abstract meaning and concrete meaning... the two endlessly compete with each other for attention... you cannot be good at both because your desire compels you to choose one over the other.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 12-29-2009 at 01:52 AM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't I supposed to be LIE EM? I hate math; I'm good at it, but I hate it.

Maybe I'm ILE EM. That would make obvious sense, I think.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are basically me.

I bet you love my avatar too
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mimosa: when someone tries to control you, how do you respond?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast