Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Proposed DCNH Descriptions for Each Type

I've been studying Gulenko's DCNH subtype system for quite a while now, and I think I have a solid enough understanding of it to fill in some of the holes. As far as I know, Gulenko never did write up DCNH descriptions for each of the 16 types. While the general correlations I discovered between the Meged/Ovcharov & Gulenko descriptions of the standard subtype model and the DCNH subtype model are interesting, I don't think they should be relied upon definitively. Ultimately, unless someone can find descriptions by Gulenko, it'll be up to us to come up with them.

I've started with LII, being the type I know most intimately. These descriptions are not based on any other descriptions; instead I tried to base them on a combination of functional analysis, and behavioural analysis of the LIIs whose DCNH subtypes I have been able to determine.

DCNH Subtype Descriptions for LII

Dominant: tries to influence the world by his wisdom and intellect, in an almost Machiavellian way. People are chess pieces to be influenced in the right direction, in pursuit of his goal. He does this, not because he enjoys it, but because he feels it is necessary. He prefers to take a back seat from the action, directing and guiding others, but he will step in himself if he must. When the weight of the world is not on his shoulders, he may reveal a mirthful sense of humour, but this is seldom.

Creative: has a sort of reserved openness about him. Can be very absent-minded; you may occasionally find him quietly pacing about, staring off into space, mumbling to himself, a frown of concentration on his face. He is defined by his curiosity; he wants to learn how everything works, and why everything is the way it is. As far as he is concerned, learning is its own reward, and he is baffled that others do not feel the same way. He can be oblivious of social problems, sometimes even oblivious of other people entirely. He has a strong ironic wit, and may use sarcasm as a weapon. Conscious of his appearance, he tries to dress well, but if he has lost himself in his studies for a few days (as he is known to do), he may appear rumpled and wild-haired.

Normalizing: appears stern, emotionless, robotic. Gives the impression of solidity, stability, and immovability. Attempts to make him show emotion almost always fail. His primary focus is on logically and ethically correct systems and behaviour. In any given task, he hones in on what is most important, and ignores all distractions, almost as if he is not a part of the world around him. Deconstructs abstract and theoretical problems with ease. Can be sharp and unforgiving, intentionally or otherwise. Clothing is very conservative, neat and tidy.

Harmonizing: at his best, he gives the impression of sublime tranquility, at his worst, nervous awkwardness. He tries to create harmony, resolve problems, and avoids violence. He likes nothing more than a comfortable evening hanging out with a few good friends -- he is probably the most easygoing and sociable of the LIIs. He may come across as a "loveable geek".

Constructive feedback (i.e., feedback you can back up with logic and evidence) is appreciated. I'm not entirely certain of the Harmonizing description, and to a certain degree, the Dominant. But I'm pretty confident of the Creative and Normalizing descriptions.
    Quaero Veritas.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I followed diana's link to some trippy communist utopian website.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I'm a secret communist.

Heh, I was trying to find more info on the DCNH stuff, and that's what a google search gave me - a forum in Lithuanian with a post containing a link to another forum in Russian.
    Your Google-fu is stronger than mine! I was not able to find anything like this, even using Russian search words!
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is great Krig. Can't wait to see the DCNH descriptions for the other socionic types.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Creepy-Cyclops

Just some revising on the DCNH thing,

As I understand it, D types strengthen both the Te and Fe
    H types strengthen both the Si and Ni
    C types strengthen both the Se and Ne
    N types strengthen both the Ti and Fi

Yar?

I can see this, I suppose from a functional POV, take for instance the D sub type:

As Te increases, Ti goes down, the corresponding DS function of Ti is Fe, so therefore the use of Fe goes up (and it's opposite function Fi, therefore goes down). So in this circumstance, you have a type which puts more emphasis on their Te and Fe.

Same thing seems to apply to all the H, C and N, by having a rather quick look at it.

So, I suppose, one couldn't be for instance, a C-SLI (eg) if they were a SLI-Te, because they would therefore be by the DCNH system, a D-SLI? Maybe obvious, but I thought it was an interesting clarification point for those who normally use the two sub type system. Maybe those who don't really have a sub type on the 2-sub type system would have a sub type on the 4 sub type system.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    So, I suppose, one couldn't be for instance, a C-SLI (eg) if they were a SLI-Te, because they would therefore be by the DCNH system, a D-SLI? Maybe obvious, but I thought it was an interesting clarification point for those who normally use the two sub type system.
    Yes, that is true. I tried to explain it but was called a "fuckstick" and "schmuck" for knowing the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Maybe those who don't really have a sub type on the 2-sub type system would have a sub type on the 4 sub type system.
    People who dont have a subtype certainly don't exist. There are just people who don't know their subtype.
    Ni-INTj --- Harmonizing Analyst --- -
    DCNH rox

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Erm if you really need lithuanian translations I might be bothered to do them, depending on how much you need to translate. Anyway maybe it will make sense then as the text I see is quite jiberish .
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean "but why, demons, hell, and it is duck?" certainly makes sense, but the rest, not so much.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Old DCNH Descriptions

So I stumbled upon an old post by Kristiina, here, and thought it deserved closer attention. It seems like a pretty good description of the subtypes' interaction strategies. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    Leader (EJ) subtype - Forcefully behaves like his type. He does it everywhere and anyplace. Has adopted a very systematic behavior with his type traits and always shows it. When he is in a group that does not allow type-like behavior, he will probably have problems, because he will not "tuck in" his thoughts and ideas even though it doesn't fit the group. ISTp will always be grumpy in an Fe group and ENFj will expressively joke around even if surrounded by a bunch of deltas who roll their eyes.

Creator (EP) subtype - Forcefully behaves like his type, but is very adaptive in what aspect of type like behavior to show. He does not have very strong type habits. He can easily jump from one type-like behavior to another. When he happens to be in a group that doesn't allow him to act like his type, he will choose the least-offencive behavior, which is still very typical to people of the same type. ISTp in the Fe group says things that he knows other won't agree with, but at least it will be entertaining for them to try to convince him otherwise. He will be part of the group and others appreciate it. The ENFj in a group of deltas will tell more anecdotal stories and keeps his stronger opinions to another time. Still expects people to react to Fe, but chooses better ways to show Fe.

Normalizer (IJ) subtype - Has type like thoughts and thought patterns, but doesn't forcefully show it. It takes little outside pressure to hide type like behavior. Not adaptive is his behavior. Has a routine type-like behavior which stays the same from group to group. When he's in a group that doesn't allow type like behavior, he will get very quiet. An ISTp among Fe will pretend he's not there and the ENFj among deltas will say very little, but whatever he says might offend some people there. Has very non-adaptive type like behavior, but is very likely to hide it in non-ideal situations.

Harmonizer (IP) subtype - Does not forcefully show type like behavior and he can jump from one behavior to another, depending on the group he's with. Not likely to offend anyone, even people of the opposite quadra. Usually just goes with the flow. ISTp among Fe keeps his unique thoughts to himself and laughs at the jokes, doesn't seem to mind all the mindless joking, although he would prefer . ENFj will adopt to the delta group, has compassion for the stories and stays quiet when there's something he wouldn't agree with.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They definitely seem to be describing the same underlying phenomenon. Nice finding!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if Kristiina wrote these herself, or if she found them somewhere. I don't think she posts here anymore, unfortunately.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Way to go, Kri.

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those 4 descriptions are rather confusing than clarifying I think. I'm still of the opinion that if we want to use DCNH properly we don't need 4 but 4*16=64 type descriptions.

The problem is that 64 DCNH descriptions will be difficult to write. Using complete subtype theory, INTj-INFp and INTj-ISTp (both H-INTj) are quite different individuals as far as I can judge it. Might be better to forget about 64 descriptions and start with 256 if somebody wants to write some...

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Creator (EP) subtype - Forcefully behaves like his type, but is very adaptive in what aspect of type like behavior to show. He does not have very strong type habits. He can easily jump from one type-like behavior to another. When he happens to be in a group that doesn't allow him to act like his type, he will choose the least-offencive behavior, which is still very typical to people of the same type. ISTp in the Fe group says things that he knows other won't agree with, but at least it will be entertaining for them to try to convince him otherwise. He will be part of the group and others appreciate it. The ENFj in a group of deltas will tell more anecdotal stories and keeps his stronger opinions to another time. Still expects people to react to Fe, but chooses better ways to show Fe.
    This more strongly solidifies my subtype than what's on Wikisocion.

I'd like to add that I often act out of character simply for entertainment value.