Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
riddle me that people. because she, has GONE OFF THE DEEP END. drinking every day. hiding alcohol. disappearing. lying. all at the magic age of 40.

what is the infp relationship to alcohol? and, how does infp handle developmental crisis?
In my view, IEIs are able to navigate, to adapt to every situation and this gives them a silly approach sometimes. She might be thinking that she can handle alcohol, she can control it... and this is not possible because it has a biological component that is too important.

My father died this summer due to complication in a liver cancer induced by too much alcohol. I know how bad it can be.

The way I view IEIs handling a crisis is by dying. She needs to die for herself and be reborn for some greater thing. Giving is such a pleasant experience for an IEI that if you can get her having few conscious giving sessions, you might hook her on it.

Think about spiraling... right not she is spiraling down: isolation, depression, anesthesia via alcohol, isolation, depression, etc.

To help her, induce an upward spiral: giving, communion/interconnectedness, meaning, more giving, more interconnectedness, more meaning.

Here is a link with a small story that might give you some more insight:
Get out of bad moods with this technique.

Here is a link to a depression online therapy program (free registration):
http://ecouch.anu.edu.au/