Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What type am I?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could be I or F in MBTI. But in a system like this, its much more conclusive in finding strong factors pinpointing to a general type, versus its many categories. One category of most importance is that of a functional level, where I think Te seems like your dominant function.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you see; there's a great issue that is common here. I'll try to explain:

"Psychological types" and "theories" tend to appeal to a certain portion of people. When somebody new appears, some will try to type based on their disposition towards said person; if they like them they will try to bring them to their quadra (quadras are groups of types that share the same important functions), and the opposite if they don't like them. Few are actually being objective, but they cannot be blamed. I'm pretty sure they don't do it on purpose, but this can cause great problems. It can cause, for instance, people who are not very sure of who they are, to be put on a "persona" on top of their already hazy real personality. Additionally, this can cause them to mistake who their duals/positive inter-type relations really are. A person is what they are, not what they want to be or what others tell them they are. It's a pity because this theory can have its very positive uses, but only if it's applied correctly. These fakes personas are very hard to take off once they are in place, and especially when they've been on for long.

And this is why I gave you all the information I considered appropriate so that you made your own decision in regard to your type, as I got the impression that you were quite capable of it. Speaking of which; have you tried taking the tests? Those could very well solve the issue quickly and painlessly (those tests kick ass). Contrary to humans, tests are more or less free of bias (although they depend on the self-awareness of the taker). But you will have contrast the result with various things afterwards to see if it makes sense, and it requires that you be honest with yourself.
    Last edited by xkj220; 11-14-2009 at 10:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good. Now do this:

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Try to identify your dual, supervisor and conflictor. These are the easiest to identify relations.
    which are:
    Dual = INTp
    Supervisor= ISTj
    Conflictor= INTj

EDIT: Forgot to add the inter-type descriptions:

http://www.socionics.com/rel/rel.htm
    Last edited by xkj220; 11-23-2009 at 07:38 PM.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darn it. Almost had another SLE, and then she evaded us to the side in two different ways (ILE and SEE). [/the INFp SLE search police]

Kidding. You didn't seem SLE. Rereading your description of yourself though, I would buy SEE. I'm surprised no one suggested that, or at least something Fi valuing. I see the "once you're in good with me, you're in for life" thing associated with Fi often (with ESIs especially).
    "Psychological types" and "theories" tend to appeal to a certain portion of people. When somebody new appears, some will try to type based on their disposition towards said person; if they like them they will try to bring them to their quadra (quadras are groups of types that share the same important functions), and the opposite if they don't like them. Few are actually being objective, but they cannot be blamed. I'm pretty sure they don't do it on purpose, but this can cause great problems.
    Truth.
    Those could very well solve the issue quickly and painlessly (those tests kick ass). Contrary to humans, tests are more or less free of bias (although they depend on the self-awareness of the taker). But you will have contrast the result with various things afterwards to see if it makes sense, and it requires that you be honest with yourself.
    This was bs though. Tests are just as inaccurate as humans; they're just inaccurate in a way that is less annoying to some/easier for some to work around. A combination of all the methods is the best way to go. Tests, VI, people's opinions, forum people, people you know, reading descriptions, having close friends read the descriptions, etc. Yes.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post

This was bs though. Tests are just as inaccurate as humans; they're just inaccurate in a way that is less annoying to some/easier for some to work around. A combination of all the methods is the best way to go. Tests, VI, people's opinions, forum people, people you know, reading descriptions, having close friends read the descriptions, etc. Yes.
    Until some sort of machine is invented that you plug your head to and it analyzes your brain patterns, and outputs what type you are; tests are the closest attempts to achieving objectivity that we have. But I agree that at the moment the best is a combination of all the things you mentioned. It also helps if the information -- the "base"-- that people have in order to go on when doing all that, is accurate.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading your description, I think you know yourself well and have typed yourself correctly. (EDIT: as SEE.)
    Last edited by jason_m; 12-19-2009 at 09:02 AM.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 07:48 PM.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 07:48 PM.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12