Thread: VI Meh

Threaded View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    If I were to go on socionics.com descriptions alone I would be 100% I'm INTj.
    Some people on this forum confuse nearly everyone with their stupid functional analysis. The reason for this disaster is the influence of socionics.us which is a completely miguiding website about socionics. You should trust your own intuition and type yourself by descriptions. Model A is just a model.

Thanks to you all for clearing an atomic shitload of confusion. Now can anyone lead me to a more precise view of the J/P dichotomy?
    Judging people have a rational base function, perceiving people have an irrational base function. That's the socionics definition.

You certainly noticed that the J/P dichotomy doesn't appear in the 3-letter-names. In MBTI types are defined by dichotomies whereas they are defined by their order of functions in socionics.

Perceiving people are often more spontaneous, more tolerant, less reliable. But there are INTps who are not really spontaneous, not really tolerant and quite reliable. That's why you shouldn't type anyone only by dichotomies.

Also, is being an INTj in socionics ANY indication of being an INTj under MBTI/Kiersey/Others. I understand the importance now of throwing away MBTI while entering socionics but if I go back and read more MBTI material, is it safe to classify myself as INTJ there?
    Yes, because you are Ni-INTj in socionics. If you were Ti-INTj you might think of yourself as INTP in MBTI. The best MBTI descriptions can be found on personalitypage.com.

Also, I'm not at all interested in politics or religion, but does INTj match up well with Agnosticism and Libertarianism?
    Libertarianism? Not really. It rather matches up with Anarchism. Maybe you will be interested in religion or politics in 10 or 20 years so it is not an important aspect for typing.

btw: are you sure your Enneagram type isn't 5w4? That confuses me a bit...
    Last edited by CheGuevara; 12-02-2009 at 10:59 AM.
    Ni-INTj --- Harmonizing Analyst --- -
    DCNH rox