Thread: Are you a "logical person"?

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's innately confusing because they are speaking from their egos, a fragmented perception of who they really are- so you try to use *your* ego to try and understand theirs and it's just what we in the gay community call a 'hot ****** mess' really.

Thoughts and emotions, you cannot dichotomize them. Whoever did it, was one of those sad people who couldn't have any sort of 'normal' human relations with anybody, so he tried to analyze human behavior with his ego.

How you think is always connected to how you feel, as there is an underlying emotional resonance/vibration in everything. Even mathematics. Some people like that one kid I saw in 20/20, can see how numbers actually feel. I believe everybody has the potential to tap into these energies, although we are all kinda born with natural magical powers.

Gulenko erotic attitudes are also bullshit too, by the way.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Thoughts and emotions, you cannot dichotomize them. Whoever did it, was one of those sad people who couldn't have any sort of 'normal' human relations with anybody, so he tried to analyze human behavior with his ego.

How you think is always connected to how you feel, as there is an underlying emotional resonance/vibration in everything. Even mathematics. Some people like that one kid I saw in 20/20, can see how numbers actually feel. I believe everybody has the potential to tap into these energies, although we are all kinda born with natural magical powers.
    I was gonna say this, but you already did.

Now, that's not to say it's totally meaningless to describe a particular individual as a "logical" person, but it's only a descriptive appellation. And while it's certainly more complicated than the T/F divide, I think there's something to the notion that T-types generally perceive themselves as people who trust their analytical faculties and that F-types generally perceive themselves as people who trust their ethical sensibilities, but exceptions abound. At best it's only a very rough heuristic.

It's also interesting to note that a lot of logicians throughout history were very temperamental and emotional people. These people had a clearly visible passion for delving deep into the delights of logic and trying to divine definite laws about it.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so