Thread: Ignoring & Demonstrative Functions (Which is stronger/more valued?)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ignoring & Demonstrative Functions (Which is stronger/more valued?)

According to Model A, which is supposedly stronger, one's ignoring or demonstrative function?

Which is more valued?

Jason

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Augustan socionics demonstrative is much stronger, since your base function completely cancels out the ignoring.

Your base function also works with the demonstrative or HA when applying its program in the real world. I don't know if this last thing is Augustan socionics, but Rick talks about it in some article on Ne.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that they are about equally undervalued. However, the demonstrative function is considered to be a major part of the psyche. Just as much as the base function is, and so whether valued or not it will have a lot of influence. I tend to think of this in similar regard to the role function. We don't value the role function, but it becomes necessary to consider if we want to balance our overwhelming base function so we can seem "normal."

The PoLR and Ignoring functions are unvalued and completely unnecessary a majority of the time, but the role and demonstrative play important parts that make them more "valued" in a sense.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here's what Wikisocion has to say about the demonstrative function:

Demonstrative function
    A person uses this element mainly as a kind of game, or to ridicule those who he thinks take it too seriously. They often intentionally go against its conventional usage simply to prove a point in favor of their creative function. However, this function is used quite often in private, to produce information of its element to support their creative function when focusing on making contact with the external world.
    A person will often have just as sophisticated an understanding of this function as his or her leading function. Unlike the ignoring function it plays a major part in a person's worldview, since as the vulnerable function of one's dual it requires especially delicate attention. Thus, when a person is given information regarding the element in the demonstrative function by someone else, they will tend to take it as obvious information that is irrelevant to completely focus on. One will often use the demonstrative function to defend and further support their beliefs made in the vulnerable function.
    The demonstrative function is easiest function to use (after the base function) yet often occurs sporadically. When one experiences a problem regarding this function, one must correct it as it does play a vital part in a person's wordview.

The bolded stuff suggests the demonstrative is stronger and more valued than the ignoring function.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, definitely Demonstrative>Ignoring
    I imagine most people would find their Ignoring Function obnoxious
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The important thing is that the two are more like you Contrary's functions that they are like you Quasi-Identical's functions. The whole Stronger/Weaker beyond just Strong/Weak terminology is just confused and no one ever really knows the answer to the questions in regard to them because there are no ways to measure function strength.

Another thing...

When seen as value systems and/or decision biases, they don't exist. The opposite of these things is what is used. They only exist in as far as they signify very simple perceptive tools.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Here's what Wikisocion has to say about the demonstrative function:

Demonstrative function
    A person uses this element mainly as a kind of game, or to ridicule those who he thinks take it too seriously. They often intentionally go against its conventional usage simply to prove a point in favor of their creative function. However, this function is used quite often in private, to produce information of its element to support their creative function when focusing on making contact with the external world.
    A person will often have just as sophisticated an understanding of this function as his or her leading function. Unlike the ignoring function it plays a major part in a person's worldview, since as the vulnerable function of one's dual it requires especially delicate attention. Thus, when a person is given information regarding the element in the demonstrative function by someone else, they will tend to take it as obvious information that is irrelevant to completely focus on. One will often use the demonstrative function to defend and further support their beliefs made in the vulnerable function.
    The demonstrative function is easiest function to use (after the base function) yet often occurs sporadically. When one experiences a problem regarding this function, one must correct it as it does play a vital part in a person's wordview.

The bolded stuff suggests the demonstrative is stronger and more valued than the ignoring function.
    This is so true in my eyes.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demonstrative > Ignoring
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/