Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
@Jxrtes and friends: Is a financial analysis spreadsheet Te?

Please tell me what factors must be present for information to be Te and thus receptive to Te ego's.

Until you can elucidate how information carries elements within it, I don't see any reason to accept that theory. It's silly, and totally counter-intuitive when placed within the context of perceptual psychology. The elements as patterns of perception is far far far more understandable and likely.

Board Message <--- IME
Doing a spreadsheet is like breathing or riding a bike. It's not function related.

Though I suppose that Te types would have an easier time doing it because the rest would roll their eyes at it from boredom. A spreadsheet would have a similar logic and order to the way Te types naturally think. At least, it would have more in common with Te than with Fe, Si or Ne.

All that is superseded if you could integrate the spreadsheet into some greater Ne vision, or Se objective, etc. Then it would "become" a part of Ne or Se, or any other function.

Kepniski's information metabolism has nothing to do with socionics. They're sperate concepts. Socionics borrowed a couple of expressions from him, but Kep's model is different from Augusta's. link.

Anyway: subjective correlations are fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Your Article
1. Central Point - "I", or control center (CC on the figure). This structure corresponds to a universal experience of being the subject of one's own psychical activity. It controls one's own activity, similarly, to that of the nucleus, which governs the biological cell activity.

Could correspond to the ego.

2. Boundaries (the whole cylinder on the figure) are considered in the sense of representing self-identity as means of enabling the discrimination of one's own limits and the differentiation of one's self from other people and from the external world.

Knowing your limitations could correspond to the superego. Differentiating yourself from the herd could correspond to the base function.

3. Functional structures shaped earlier in life maintain order in space and time and the layers of systems of values. Creation of this structure may be compared to the centers of synthesis of biochemical compound in a biological cell. The amount, complexity and plasticity of functional structures increases along with the development. It is illustrated by the relatively small number of the strong and rigid structures (thick lines) on the biological level and the increasing number of thinner structures on the emotional and socio-cultural levels.

Seems like automatic processes you do without thinking about. Could be the id.

4. Energy centers necessary for preservation of metabolism of information,
i.e., proper stimuli reception, selection and integration; as well as deci-
sion making.

Sounds like the ego again.

5. Elimination centers of an where useless and unimportant information is
removed.

No socionics equivalent. I guess(?). Useless information could be plain unvalued or valued but no longer relevant.