Thread: ISFjs & ESFps and lying

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISFjs & ESFps and lying

Do they tend to lie bit too much? Even perhaps revel in it?

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope not :frown:

I don't think it's type related, but I'm sure that if it is, it would depend on what the lie is about.

I would think that they would be least inclined to lie especially when it comes to their inner circle.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody lies, I don't think Gamma SF's are anymore prone to it.
    But I suppose it would depend on what the "lie" is and the reason for it.

Maybe you can give some examples of Gamma SF's lies...?
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Everybody lies, I don't think Gamma SF's are anymore prone to it.
    But I suppose it would depend on what the "lie" is and the reason for it.

Maybe you can give some examples of Gamma SF's lies...?
    yes, SEE's tend to give unsincere compliments, which can be regarded as lies.

Also when they need a quick way out, they say that they are sick etc. They have no problem with that.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Gamma SF's are more prone to lying than any other type. The manner in which they lie, the reasons they lie, and the things they lie about may be different.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SEE I live with (my husband of 17+ years) tends to manipulate things but doesn't see that he is doing so. Like I say something funny, and he's on the phone with a work buddy, his sister, or whomever, and he says to them the funny thing I said, 'cept it's not what I said by a long shot. Over and over again he's done that.

I see him in person too, telling people things that are blatantly not true, and he doesn't think a thing about it. He's not "lying" he just totally gets things so mixed up, embellished for whatever reason, he has no idea what's what.

The thing connected to this is he tells stories, like events from work that are ludicrous, he'll try to explain things to people at church, and he tells half the story, but in a half-backwards way and leaves out key details and then goes on to cite events assigning them to those key details (since I know the whole story I know what's missing) but he never told that person and they look at him like he's nuts, and he never notices any of this and fights me tooth and nail if I try to show him what happened or say anything about it.

He goes on to say often, "Other people don't have a problem with how I talk" and it's like, yeah, maybe that's the way it seems, but it's because I'm the only one that won't stand for it and there are no NT's in the crowd of other people you talk to. FWIW.

He does "lie" on purpose a-times, for really weird reasons though. Nothing I can really explain, just any old thing, hiding the truth, things that me, an ILI would have no problem saying the truth about, he hides behind some embellished lie instead. It's weird to me.

I'm all about telling the truth or saying nothing. He knows the sales axiom of "the first one to talk loses" but get him into many personal situations and what does he do? "Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah", filling in the silence with blah, blah, blah embellished stuff.

He's not a bad guy though. FWIW
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also embellish stories when I tell them, to make them more interesting for the listener. Obviously, as long as it's just a casual/friends setting, thus not a truly relevant setting. Of course, Fe PoLR people are the least likely to do this...but it's not necessarily something good, it can make for some heavy/boring conversations.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the real boring conversations are the ones an Si dominant type traps you into and won't leave you alone about

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEEs don't lie! They just make empty promises that other people count as lying. But these lies have no bad intentios...
    SLEs are the ones who lie a lot....to make them look better than they actually are in other people eyes.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found ESIs to be, on the whole, more honest/straight-forward than most other types... When they "lie," it's usually by omission (i.e. preference to not confront someone directly, so as to keep decorum/avoid unpleasantness.) They have a tendency to believe the best about others, and let less-than-ideal things slide until they become big issues.

I
    've found ESFps to be prone to boasting/exaggerating, e.g. "Who do you think built [this organization]?" etc.